i-SENS CareSens N

2.0

Bea

Bea

25 years diabetic

different finger, different reading ? washed hands testing done correctly.
model - gm505pae
sn-a5a035d03916
it is difficult to insert testing strip into hole.

so I'm not happy with its performance

My doctor asked about testing , I replied usually too high , but doctor not interested in looking at machine. Totally dismissive, sent me to the phlebotomist, for the 3 month testing .I had machine looked at by pharmacist to make sure it was working properly.
The doctor still happyish with my 3 month bloods .

Purchased in July 2019.

Christo

ChristoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Promises lots, delivers very little

Does not matter what I do, I cannot get this thing to save my user profile. there is not even an option to save the information once you have entered it. and then when you continue using the device the entered information just disappears. The Bluetooth also does not work or is so hard to get to work that it may as well be impossible.

Purchased in June 2019.

average quality

Backlight in the display makes it hard to read.
Inserting black strip into the all black slot can be challenging
the top of Lance comes off to easy.
best wishes all users

Diabetes Care Products

Find out how i-SENS CareSens N compares to other Diabetes Care Products

Jouster23

Jouster23New Plymouth NZ

Used Accu-Check for many years without any problems. Now, with the compulsory Caresens N it may take 4 or 5 strips to get a reading at all -- despite best efforts (thoroughly wash and dry hands; touch only the middle of the strip when inserting it) the display too often shows "Error 4". Test strips must be the key profit-generator in every meter-maker's business model. Get my drift? For the same reason, I avoid the CareSens one-shot lancets. Rotate a fresh lancet in my old Accu-Check SoftClix 'six-shooter' only when opening a new tube of "free" CareSens strips. Would really prefer to go back to Accu-Check altogether, but do you know how much those un-subsidized strips cost? Price of a good restaurant meal, for two.

Lee

LeeNew South Wales

Inaccurate, If That Is Important

This meter reads high consistently. We took readings at the same time as lab samples for an OGTT, and found it to be 1.2, 1.6 and a whopping 4.5 higher. That's a big deal. But it is straightforward and easy to use.

Awful unreliable decepitve meter

These things give wild extreme reading just by changing finger. Took a reading the other night and thought oh like hell that is right, way too high, retested. The change was so massive I had retest. The long and the short of it 5 fingers. 5 very very different readings

Lulu

LuluAuckland

Unreliable and inaccurate

Caresens are now sole supply in nz and proving to be substandard technology. Unreliable in cooler temps and has caused many instances of insulin overdose with inaccurate readings. They do not detect hypoglycemia early enough. Many other issues as well. Hundreds of people in New Zealand are now forced to use Caresens meters as they are now the only govt funded option and people cannot afford to fund their previously funded reliable meters. Be warned!

Does not detect hypos early enough and gives inconsistent and unreliable bg reading causing over dose of insulin

fred.mcgurk.3
fred.mcgurk.3

Olllie0Murray Region, NSW

Small in size but packed with features

I have just received my CareSens N blood glucose monitor and it comes with strips software and data cable and stabber. It is very easy to use and requires only a very small drop of blood. Results are fast 5 seconds and results displayed in large font on backlit screen. Software and data cable are free from the company and installs on pc without any issues. Dealings with company have been excellent. Strips are readily available from NDSS suppliers but there seems to be a reluctance to recommend this product over popular main brands. I have 3 other brand monitors and this one tops them all.
Ease of use, cheaper than most other brands got mine free on promo, software adn data cable free

Robbbbb

How have you found the accuracy of the caresens over the more traditional meters? The one I have seems to be a point or two over when compared against GTT bloods taken by my gp simultaneously. I'm wondering if this is usual. Cheers rob.

Olllie0

I have only ever expected home monitors to give an approximate reading. I have 3 other brand monitors and all give 'about' the same results when I test at the same time. Hope this helps. Paul