Ikea Billy Bookcase

Ikea Billy Bookcase

Tara

Tara

Strong, sturdy bookcase

Bought my first Ikea Billy Bookcase a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. Very sturdy and strong. Looks really nice and was easy to put together. I also purchased the glass door to add on. Very happy. Thank you.

Purchased in June 2020 at IKEA for A$79.00.

Good bookcase but extra shelves are useless

Not beautiful but practical. I bought 2 extra shelves for each bookcase, but found that they can't be placed in the proper position because of the door hinges and some missing holes. Now I have 2 shelves in each bookcase that are too low to store my books upright. A missed opportunity.

Purchased in January 2015.

suzyq

suzyqCanberra

BRILLIANT AND VERSATILE

We have Billy book cases in nearly every room in our house; most are overstuffed with heavy objects, and some date from 1982. None have ever let us down. Any idiot can assemble one, they are that simple. As long as you can read accurately and hold a screwdriver you can't miss. Our out of level floors mean that the doors occasionally don't hang level, but we bought a pack of Ikea's very useful flooring wedges that solve the problem caused by off level floors in no time. We also converted a Billy into a whelping box for our dog, who happily raised seven pups in it. We used cheap Ikea curtain rails for crush bars. The white finish stood up well to nearly 9 weeks of being inhabited by 32 paws with sharp nails - Wow!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Living Storage Furniture Pieces

Find out how Ikea Billy Bookcase compares to other Living Storage Furniture Pieces

JNodar

JNodarSpring Farm NSW 2570

Marriage Saved

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sarah.B

Sarah.BSYDNEY

Practical...

I purchased this bookshelf a couple months ago and have started noticing the doors stop closing properly, I have to have at least 4 tries to make the door remain shut!

Other than that, the bookshelf is really practical. It fits a lot of books and other bits and pieces. Also with the glass doors the dust stays out which saves me from cleaning :)

If you are considering buying it, read more about it - it isn't the cheapest option and I am sure there is other shelves out there that function better and are at a similar price.
Large, option with doors, stylish
functionality not so good