Ikea Kallax Range

Ikea Kallax Range

See the Best Living Storage Furniture Pieces in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Frequent shopper

Frequent shopper

Good grief the Kallax doors

Love the shelving by itself but the door inserts are a nightmare. Cannot be installed using screwdrivers. Need a strong electric drill and lots of force. Two screws screw into the bookcase walls on the handle side of the insert. There are not any pre-made holes to help place and insert screws. The screws resist going in and bow the insert wall out. Only by unscrewing and rescrewing several times PLUS FORCE do they go in. Then the issue of getting the doors level so the dont scrape the door frame. Not a quick job. Not easy and easy to mess up. Dont buy door inserts if you don't have a drill. The screw heads will just burr.

Purchased in April 2019.

Kate

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it! Transformed my entry!

I just bought the 4x1 Kallax white storage cube. I am extremely happy with it, it was so easy to put together...and I hate flat pack furniture. I also bought 4 of the wicker storage boxes. I have laid the cube flat and bought a cushion for the top so I am using it as shoe storage/ drop zone. It looks perfect in the entry of my home. It is very versatile and for $60 you cant go wrong.

Purchased in February 2019 at IKEA for $60.00.

Marusar

MarusarGoulburn

Awesome

I love these cube shelves. They're so easy to put together, they look awesome and can hold a lot of weight without falling a part. This is my second one, i've had my first one for about 6 years now.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Doors and drawers.

Bought the 4x2 unit which as a female I put together with no problem at. However putting the door unit together using the instructions wasn’t working. Following online tutorials was no help. The door keeps falling off. I’m not even going to attempt the drawers. Will sell them on and find some other way to get the same effect.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Sarah quinn

Sarah quinnSouth Australia, 5169

Good product

This is the most handy piece of furniture i have brought for my daughter's room we got the 16 box unit and it makes her room tidy and hides all the toys :) only down fall is we have has to attatch it to the wall after having a scare with little one climbing buy lesson learnt thats what the brackets were for
Didn't even take long to put together

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

NRyan

NRyanAU

Fantastic Storage Unit & Great Price

We purchased an 8 box unit over 3 years ago and it is still in great condition. Currently being used for toy storage in our playroom (we also purchased the fabric boxes to go with it). Very happy with this product, great value for money too, would buy another.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Scott T

Scott TSydney Surrounds, NSW

A great and versatile unit at a good price

I purchased a kallax 4 x 2 storage unit to use as a TV stand for a large LCD TV.

when used on its side, with 2 sets of castors this unit is perfect for the task. It's wide enough to fit a 65" LCD TV and feels really sturdy.

Putting this unit together on my own was a real challenge due to the size of the side panels. So I would recommend 2 people to do it.

Also, I was concerned as I had to bang the middle panels quite hard to get them to fit.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Tania

TaniaCanberra

Got one for my sewing room and one for my daughter room!

One is in my sewing room, with box insets and drawer option. The other is with box inserts only in my daughter's bedroom with all her toys. It's reasonably light, easy to put together and durable for a kids room. Depending on if you get boxes, cupboards or drawers (or nothing) there are a lot of options and looks. I got durable plastic boxes from IKEA to match and I haven't been disappointed, they carry a lot and look stylish (but the boxes are much more fiddly to put together then the Kallax frame!) . All parts were in the kit - there were no missing parts.

Baroness