Ikea Pax Wardrobe with Sliding Doors

Ikea Pax Wardrobe with Sliding Doors

See the Best Wardrobes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

HausofB

HausofBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Product

Love the Pax range, it is so easy to put together and cheap. We build our custom home around the product instead of paying the builder thousands of colour to fit a custom one. The amazing part is you can test it all out and create a 3D model to see if it is really what you want.

Purchased in October 2018 at IKEA QLD, Logan.

Adelle B.

Adelle B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exactly as advertised

Purchased in April 2019 at IKEA SA, Adelaide for $1,380.00.

Very bad quality, broke down after 2 years of use, IKEA refusing to honor the 10 years warranty

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Janey

Janey

Love my huge Ikea Wardrobe

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Poor quality

Of all the flatpacks i have put together, and some were ikea, these are of the poorest quality. I would not recommend to buy again and regret it, the system of adjustable legs is a terrible design the woodchip is of poor quality.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Wazz13

Wazz13

Great wardrobe system

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jan

Jan

Good but time consuming

We put together a pax wardrobe system with doors. we managed to fit an interesting shape that looks great with lots of storage. It took 8 Sundays to complete but saved money.
We then decided to do another downstairs but chose sliding doors this time, big mistake. We put the wardrobe together quickly this time but cannot hang the doors, they just won't go on. Go for the normal dorrs avoid sliding doors at all costs.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fritznsauce

Fritznsauce

Good, But Not Great

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Pax wardrobe with sliding doors

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The instructions are abysmal

I have quit a bit of okra stuff including a kitchen. The instructions for the glass sliding doors are useless & the u tube instructions are way too fast to follow

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Lynne

LynneYork

The Sliding Rails Are Dangerous - Avoid!

Love, Love, Love

Read carefully, thinking it through is easier than taking it apart...I know! Great because you can change your mind about the inside of the unit without any trouble...the inside is very easy to co-ordinate...well worth the hard work...don't forget to read all of the instructions before start...not step by step! Enjoy

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Walk in wardrobe no doors dangerous design and install

Project designed and overseen by Ikea Tempe thru to installation heavy shelving collapsed like a pack of cards on me. Rectification non existent consulted private contractor to rebuild/secure wardrobe DISTURBING

wombat

wombatQLD, 4217

End result is fantastic

We had 3 quotes for our huge walk in wardrobes all around the $3000 mark for nothing really special in plain white melamine and very boring and No doors ended up going to Ikea we got a far larger wardrobes with all the bells and whistles for just over $2000 No doors, I believe the wardrobe people would want around $4000 for what we got, yes we had to put it together and it did take few days and a few arguments but the end result is fantastic but a hint pay the extra and let them sort the order and have them deliver.

Mike

MikeMelbourne

Great outcome

Just installed 4m of sliding door PAX System wardrobes with draw inserts etc, very pleased with the result, great outcome, fantastic storage.

They look professionally built even though I assembled them myself. Was not hard to do and only needed help hanging the sliding doors.

Paul P

Paul PStirling

Uneven holes and two same side fixtures

Complained to Ikea that the holes in the side boards of the PAX were uneven. First time they heard of it. Do they tell everyone this? They swap the wardrobe for free, after I insisted.
After fixing the glass on the sliding doors, I found that the fixtures are for the same side. I need to have a right and a left fixture. I bought two sets and both have the same problem. :-(
I thought Ikea products are supposed to have stringent quality control.

Disappointed Customer

krush

krushTumut

Ikea Pax with normal doors

microtree

microtreePERTH

Love the pax

We love the pax. Our house is medium sized and with a couple kids it fills up quick. We have a number of pax (one which is about 5 years old) and they are extremely versatile. I think the unit is very easy to put together. The normal doors are also easy to put on. However, I really, really struggled to get the sliding door to stay on. I don't know what I did wrong but whatever it was they are still not a 100%. People reflexively think the quality of ikea is poor. They are wrong. The stuff is built to last and unless treated badly will not chip or peel.
versatile, good quality
sliding doors hard to fit

This is a major undertaking

J Ried

J Riedasked

Have a double sliding mirror door system. Doors do not have enough clearance when opened fully to pull out drawers or pant rack. How do we fix this? Contractor assembled according to ikea instructions

C James
C James

Install the side rails as close as possible to the ends of the top rail. Once this is completed, remove the stopper that is the plastic u-shaped bit attached to the front of the rail on the each end. This will allow the door to slide further to the right and left. The side rails are what will act as a stopper and prevent the doors front sliding off the rail. Hope that helps

Doug J.

Doug J.asked

Why is the door not opening wide enough to pull out the drawers its about 1/8 - 1/16 inch out passed the Pax sliding door?

Brian

Brianasked

I have an IKEA pax wardrobe that slides off the track when opening to right. Stopper is their but goes past stopper. Any ideas?

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives