ING Orange Everyday

ING Orange Everyday

See the Best Transaction Accounts / Debit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Do Not Like ING Orange Account

Before you can transfer your over $1000 straight to the Maximiser Account to earn top interest but now for more than a year now they have made people wait 2 to 3 days to get the top interest where by Maximiser account holders have to open an extra account called the Orange Account to put money in that account first from another bank then it takes a day to get into the Orange account if you did it by 3 PM then if you do not have internet on your mobile phone you have to wait till you get home from work or an outing and transfer the money from your Orange to your Maximiser account on your desk top computer and if your busy you loose out an extra day so you could loose 2 to 4 days top interest. Its a Dubious Ordeal ING puts their account holders through and I asked them sometime a year ago why you have to do it that way and ING said we like people to spend money at the shop which is totally false because they just want to make more interest on your money by leaving it an extra 3 to 4 days in the Orange account because I used to use my other banks saving account to buy my groceries and I do not know why the Bank Royal Commission did not outlaw this long dubious transaction system and also Bank of Queensland does the same so please everybody make a written complaint to your lovely bank.

How every bank account should be

I’ve had an Orange Everyday Bank account for several years now and love it. There’s no fees, the app is great, uses OSKA when transferring between family and friends and they also use Apple Pay. So worth putting your salary in it.

I’ be never felt passionate about a banking service till now!

I have two accounts with ING. I think they are fabulous on all fronts- Saving Maximiser rates, customer service, immediate access to an actual person when ringing them, free and unlimited access to ATMs and refunds if overseas transaction fees.
May you stay around forever - I have never had this quality from any other bank I have used in my 64 years - other than a female manager of a St George in the days when banks had managers.
Well done ING- keep on doing what you do so well

Excellent banking

Couldn’t fault ING banking easy to set up the app are easy to use. Great customer service accidentally bought stuff online through iTunes put in a dispute and Receive a refund within 24 hr. High interest rate with saving maximiser fast transaction with Osko payment between other bank. Great bank to be with.

They Make you Cry

After three years of holding ING account, I switched to other Aussie banks. If you ever get into trouble wiht your money in ING, you will experience a very difficult time. Only bank with them if you don't need customer service from your bank.

Easy signup process, fast delivery of card

I signed up for an Orange Everyday Account for a savings account to squirrel away some money for holidays. I was pleased at how fast and easy the signup process was, and my card arrived a few days later. Can't complain.

Excellent bank account!

Fee free ATM transactions are what got me to join ING Direct. I like how everything is online and I don't have to deal with branches and phone staff. Never had any issues accessing my accounts. Because I was referred by another customer, I receive a gift card when I joined which was a nice bonus.

Customer for many years. Beats the others hands down for simple clear banking

ING Orange Everyday Debit Card. Easy to use, No limiting ATM access as ING re-reimburses the card holder if the ATM has a charge fee. (Still exists with RediTeller and other privately owned ATM's in Hotel's etc.

Easy to use, customer service no hassle

Opening account is easy online, unlike some banks that ask u to go to post office to verify ID. I called their customer service a few time, pretty much every time they are quick to answer my concerns professionally. Didn’t wait for to long to get the speak with them .
Again, love their interest rates, no overseas transaction fee is s big bonus as I online shop sometimes.

WARNING - Orange Card for OSeas Travel

I signed up lured by the promise of fee free issues overseas. One warning they DONT explain anywhere. And its fatal to some overseas use. It will result in the account AND card being suspended.

The ING Orange card comes with a security feature that REQUIRES a SMS code to your AUSTRALIAN MOBILE number. It must be entered within 60seconds or the transaction is VOID. Purchases at machines or over the counter are fine. But for online bookings like hotels, transport fares (like railways, flights etc) and other online purchases its a concern. And it cant be disabled.

So while they brag about the fee free issues it can leave you with an ability to use the card while travelling. Not smart. Glad I found out before I went so I can now close the account and plan a better solution.

Trash

When you have a dispute with an online bank they freeze all your accounts and screen/block your incoming calls. Can’t even access my superannuation balances.

Run from ing = crooks

Dispute close to impossible. Horrible terms&conditions

Horrible experience. They lied about disputes easy - you have to print, scan and answer 2 pages of over 30 questions for each transaction. Over 60 min on the phone. Staff is blaming you if you use personal card for making tax-deductable transactions. And they many more "surprises" from T&C. You just say good bye to your money if ING handling them

Highly Recommend for Pain Free Banking!

I have used high end Australian banks when I first arrived in Australia. After reading the Barefoot Investor I have started using Orange and they are without doubt the most customer-centric thinking bank. Love it!

Great on line bank

We have been with ING for a few years now, and not had any problems at all. Their savings maximiser gives as good an interest rate as you can get these days, and your money is "at call". Good web site, and easy to transfer money around. I've had one phone call to them, and my question was answered quickly and professionally. Good no hassle system.

Easy banking

Easy to use, easy to contact, never had any problems, simple banking app, transfer money instantly using mobile numbers to other people using ING, no fees, Australian call centres.

Terrible

I opened accounts and moved all my savings into their maximum savings account, followed everything I had to do, and still got more interest on my account with the Greater that had $80 in it compared to a couple thousand in ING that got me $1.28. I then waited another month after them telling me I put my money in the account too late (the 11th of that month) and got an extra 30c interest the month after. Only opened the ING for their interest rates which turned out to be nothing.

extremely competitive

ING is not your mainstream every day banking and especially very unlike the big five. It is however very competitive with 24 hour person to person access and support. I was with and still am People's Choice Credit Union for 30 years who I had to home loans with and they were also excellent. People's Choice provided me with a service whereby their own broker finds you the best deal. I was introduced to ING 10 yrs ago and transfered my investment property mortgage to ING. The interest rate variable terms, fees for mortgages, were fantastic. Overseas ATM transactions - there's no fees paid in Australia and ING refunds what the overseas banks charges for ATM use. That is all excellent. I believe some of the big fives are at least, no longer charging fees at this end in Australia. So far i n g has been excellent. My only qualm at present with ING is that they do not have a term investment for kids account like People's Choice Credit Union ie they have teen accounts from age 13 upwards to 17 that is excellent but unfortunately as yet nothing for the under 13s. I started investment bank accounts for both my children from the day they were born, no money has ever been withdrawn but of course ATO attempts to make you pay tax if you don't get a tax file number for your children no matter how young they are when the bank account starts earning too much money. So now I'm waiting for ING to allow similar children's bank account services to be operating. Not perfect but a fantastic bank.

A truly digital bank that you can only love!

I am one of those typical smashed avo eater millennials, who shops online every now and then and travels a lot internationally. I use ING for all of my online transactions, overseas card payments and ATM withdrawals. Its foreign exchange rates are quite favorable, not to mention that there is no foreign exchange commission or overseas ATM fee charged if I deposit $1000 and make 5+ transactions a month. Sign up process was easy and I even received a sign up bonus of $75 as a friend referred me.

My only concern so far is the poorly managed international money transfers. Receiving money from overseas seems rather pricey, so I had to look for some alternatives to receive money from overseas.

Difficulty closing account- I would never advise to open this account

For three weeks I have been trying to transfer my funds and close my account. There is always an excuse. Once was that I failed to scan, sign and send a copy of my document (in this case passport). They used this excuse three times. Then there was the excuse that a payment to the government had to be paid so there was a delay but it would be closed by Jan. 15. On Jan. 15 I called and a call center agent tried to use the excuse that I did not scan, sign and send the document. I told him I would not listen to the excuse because it is completely false. He hung up. Another agent said there was not the document, which of course there was.. He was he would flag the problem and it would be resolved by Jan. 22. I am sure there is an unofficial policy (probably with small household savers, to block the closing of accounts so the bank can continue to make interest on the money. Horrible.

Fraudulent transactions and still no refund

Recently i have closed up my business and was checking through receipts and matching them to my bank statements and noticed 4 large transactions that i did not make. I contacted ING and they canceled my card and the customer service representative told me i would be sent a new card within 5 days and i should have a refund within 8 to 10 days and they will investigate the FRAUDULENT transactions. I received a email from ING stating that they are declining 2 of the transactions because a pin was used (that i did not make) but will investigate the other 2 because the card was not present transactions ( that i also did not make). The email also stated that this will take another 30 days to investigate.I have sent 4 emails to the person investigating this asking when i will receive a refund to my account and still have had no reply . Being $6000 out of pocket and having no response from ING has forced me to move all of my money to another bank where they care about there customers. Now this is the extra doggy part, i logged into my account 3 time on the day i was taking my money out and noticed the the balance was not the same as the night before and i hadn't been anywhere or used my card, there was $100 missing with no transaction record, the 2nd login i noticed another $25 was missing with no transaction record and i had been recording the available balance and also had no pending transactions from using credit in the past.I called ING again, was put on hold for 20 minutes ,the customer service rep came back to the phone and tried to tell me it was because of pending transactions but they was not any and she also could not tell me why there is no transaction record for these amounts. So at the end of the day i have left $40 in the account just to keep it open in case ING gets there act together and refunds the money that was stolen from me.But in saying this the account will be closed in the near future and i will never deal with ING again.They just lost a customer that puts over $100 000 a year in there bank. Totally disgusted ING