Iveco Daily Van

Iveco Daily Van

See the Best Vans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Generally good, but.....

I purchased a 9m3 35-130 Iveco Daily as a replacement for a 2008 SWB 311 MB Sprinter. I am limited to the wheelbase length I can park and I looked at a new sprinter but found the MWB is too long and the SWB has now gone front wheel drive. As I regularly tow a 2t tandem trailer I wanted to retain RWD rather than go FWD - this limited the choice of vehicle with most of the European vans.

I found the dealer Westar very good to deal with and got a better price than the more local SE suburbs dealer.

Mechanically the van is really good, the 8 speed auto box means that even this lowest rated engine in the range works well in traffic and on the freeways, and it tows really well without struggling at all and feels very planted and stable. The latter capability is undoubtably due to the seperate chassis design of the Iveco and the higher towing rating of 3.2t means my trailer is well within its capability (the sprinter did always fell on the limit with its lower 2t rating).

The additional space I've gained with the slightly longer wheelbase has also been welcome and the van rides well with around 900kg of racking and tools carried every day, however the ride is very firm when empty and if being used for courier work when a good proportion of travelling may be empty, I would think carefully about ride quality.

There have been a few issues which to me mean that the overall design is not as resolved as the Sprinter -
With the shortest 7m3 and the 9m3 vans it turns out that with the factory fitted tow bar the spare wheel cannot be carried in the underfloor carrier - the dealer did offer th re-locate the spare inside the rear side wall of the van, but this did not fit in with the racking I had planned, so currently the spare sits in the garage.
The factory gps system is woeful - clunky, slow to program and too intrusive. I've retained my Navman instead. Also the system seems to be randomly re-setting meaning the clock goes to UTC time and all radio stations are lost. I plan to speak with the dealer to see if there is a software update required.
The small dash board storage bins/pen holders are too flat meaning that on a slight hill or when accelerating anything in them (pens, coins etc fall out) - this has been "fixed" with a strip of foam rubber along the front of each one. Not ideal but it works.
The clip board insert in the middle passenger seat broke the first time I used it, so really not fit for the intended purpose. This does concern me with regard to the overall quality of the plastic trims and their longevity. This concern also lingers about the rear door retainers and the side sliding door mechanism, although I've not had a problem there yet.
The benefits of the seperate chassis design are a little dimmed by a couple of issues like the body not being as stiff as a monocoque van. I found this out when parked on a slanted drive which caused the van body to twist sufficiently for the rear doors to become stuck closed. I also now pay a higher toll rate due to the toll operator classing it as a LCV with the seperate chassis design.

Overall I am pleased with the van, although it doesn't seeem to have the MB quality despite being up around the same price point. I found the 5yr warranty and 2 yr servicing offered appealing.

Purchased in February 2019.

Noise Level
Design
Interior Design
Features
Comfort

My Iveco Daily with Winnebago combination.

We purchased the Iveco Daily 50C18 in early 2010. Since then we have travelled 157,000 km. Extensive trips throughout Australia with no problems at all. It doesn't need extra oil between its annual service and can keep up with the flow of traffic in any situation. Towing our 1-1/2 ton trailer with comparative ease. We'd buy another Iveco without hesitation but for the present we are perfectly happy with the present combination.

TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedFeb 2010

Iveco Daily 50 c 17 van 2016 review

We purchased our 2016 Iveco Daily Van from Newcastle commercial vehicles Beresfield new, it was the 3,0 manual 4490kg long wheel base high roof. during our 18 months of ownership we covered 180,000km doing our specialist long distance courier work of 3500km per week. during ownership we had no major mechanical issues with the vehicle, it was reliable and powerful, great to drive and loads of torque, fully loaded every night with max weight and also the occasional trailer full as well it pulled fantastic up hills no major change in pace it eats hills with ease. during ownership we had one handbreak cable recall, and rear door catch recall. other than that is sat on the freeway every night doing its work without an issue. I would highly recommend the Iveco daily, comfortable, reliable great for a work vehicle, all mod cons in the cabin and a pleasure to own. Iveco service was second to none, we have had no issue with customer service at all in fact they go above and beyond any other manufacturers customer service. great 24 hour mechanics that come to you if you do have an issue, unlike other manufacturers who will send out a tow truck. Iveco keeps you on the road with less down time and fix problems as fast as they can. The service center guys are fantastic no messing you around your in and done as quick as possible. Great service from Mat and the guys at Newcastle Iveco. Yes they are more expensive than other makes but you do get what you pay for. and in business Iveco is the way to go.