James Boag Premium Light

James Boag Premium Light

See the Best Light Beer in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Simon

SimonSydney

For a light beer, best tasting. Costly which is indicative of the quality.

As a diabetic but still enjoying a beer, the Boags premium light I find the best tasting, no after taste etc.

Of course everyone's taste buds are different but it is worthy of an honest try.

Why?

Why did they need to change? Lowering the alcohol and changing the taste wasn't necessary. I can't bring myself to drink cascade so I think 3.5 is the go from now on.

Bye bye Boags

Lowered alcohol content has altered taste. It tastes like water. It was the only light beer I enjoyed. Disappointed with the change.

Boags Light - Tasteless , Colourless and odourless !

Ruined. Might just as well buy Cascade light - except it's just as shocking !

New beer for me . . . .

JR

JRBrisbane

Another Customer Lost

The old Light tasted very similar to the Premium lager. This is a very poor copy. Bottle is stupid, does not fit in the majority of domestic bar fridges.

Dreadful-they have lost my custom

This new shaped bottle hides a horrible and tasteless flavoured water. I do not know why the Japanese had to meddle with what was a great light beer.

New light

The new lower alcohol boags beer is terrible. No flavour unlike the old light that tastesd like a real beer. Please return to original recipe. I drink 2 cartons a week or will have to change to cascade

Coloured water

Like the new shape, don't like the new contents. It has no taste, like drinking coloured water. If it doesn't go back to the original great taste I will have to drink cascade premium light.

Paul Crain

Paul CrainNewcastle

Best Light Beer around

I experienced the taste of Boags Premium Light when visiting Launceston Tas. Have continued to drink this beer as my preferred choice ever since. I always take a couple of bottle to golf on Saturday and now at least 10 of my mates have been converted to Boags Blokes.....Boags is by far and away the best Light beer out there.
Great taste
Never on special

Boags premium light

To first review ,cascade is lighter on the alcohol volume than boags premium light boags is 2.9 compared to cascade 2.7 ?.honestly as cascade light is brewed under license at c.u.b in abbotsford the water is defiantly not Tasmanian and for my taste boags p.light wins hands down sry but cascade has a after taste like tiger p..s.agree not nearly as good ad boags premium but has to be best light out there next to Hahn .c.u.b have there way of producing beer and it is off the beaten track of a traditionally brewed beer so to say.each to their own I understand

jsambell

jsambellVictoria, 3672

OK

This is only my opinion, but I find the Boags doesn't compare as well to its full strength sibling as the Cascade does to its own. With the Cascade you hardly know your drinking a light, but with the Boags you really do, and when you compare it with the full strength Boags you realize what you're missing out on. A pit really, since it's an otherwise decent beer.
Boags should leave the light to Cascade and concentrate on their full strength lager.
Light, fresh taste.
Good head retention.
Pleasant aroma.
You know you are drinking a light beer.
Flavor is not quite as nice as the Cascade light.