Kia Pregio

Kia Pregio Questions & Answers

CT.II (2003-2006), CT.I (1995-2003) (See All)
Brand Manager for Kia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

173 questions from our users

foggy
foggyasked
Pregio

Is it the same size inside as a toyota hiace

Boro B.
Boro B.asked
Pregio

Hi any ideas out to open the cap to the petrol tank thanks

Owen W.
Owen W.asked

Hi does anyone no where I can get a 2.7 diesel motor for a 2004 Kia Pregio van

Keston Z.
Keston Z.asked
Pregio

Can you tell me if my kia pregio has a odb2 port and where is it located? Thanks.

Alex B.
Alex B.asked

Will a K2900 motor fit into a k2700 Kia pregio engine bay

Ricky
Rickyasked
Pregio CT.II (2003-2006)

How to repair Kia pregi divers side door lock

Brendo
Brendoasked

Brendo
Hi, my 2004 kia pregio starter motor burnt out, so I fitted a brand new one.
Turns engine over but now wont start.
Just wondering if the starter motor has damaged another electrical part or wiring?
Could it have caused the fuel cut off switch to malfunction and now blocking fuel to injectors - also glow plug fuse located under drivers seat keeps blowing out ?

maria laura l.
maria laura l.asked

Hi there :)
Recently the driver door's lock system stopped working therefore you can only have access to the van from the passenger side. We removed the panel and apparently there is a tiny spring missing there. Any idea where can we get a replacement from? Many thanks

Rod
Rodasked
Pregio

Where is the wheel brace located?

Craig F.
Craig F.asked
Pregio

Why fuel leaks under carburetor in my kia pregio van?

Beachcomber A.
Beachcomber A.asked
Pregio

Hi to replace the front wheel bearings 2004 model is there just 1 or 2 bearings per side? Thanks Aaron

Wood1970

hi there, there is 2 bearings per side.

Ray R
Ray Rasked
Pregio

What do the two red lights do on each side of the back door do on a 2002 pregio van are they fog lights or tail lights or both

Afan

The two inboard lights on the tailgate appear to be fog lights as they come on only when main lights are on and accessory switch on lower dash activated.

Steven C.
Steven C.asked
Pregio

Hi, I have a Kia pregio 2002 van and need front seats. They are very hard to find so was wondering if there is any other seats that would fit and be legal?

Afan

Ya tried that too. Very odd shape so just have had mine reupholstered with a little more bolstering on the sides . $200 aud

Carlo Krisanto C.
Carlo Krisanto C.asked
Pregio

Hi, my fuse cap has its fuses written in korean. i cant know which fuse it is. Kia Pregio 2004 model. please help

Afan

Mine have stickers that identify them in English but I can’t send a photo

Arie de vrijasked

Hi all,

I have a Kia pregio 2005 2.7L diesel. Purchase used 1,5 year ago. When I bought the van it had a very loose shifter. I could get it in all the gears easily al dough it felt like a stiff gearbox but I assumed that is normal with this vans.(read the reviews online)
I managed to fix the problem of the loose shifter when I found out that the bushes on the bottom of the stift were worn out. I replaced them with a similar size rubber/plastic tube. Also did I press now rubbers in the round ends of the shifting cable that is fitted on the gearbox as they where completely gone. Problem solved!

Now( > 1 year later) it’s getting harder to get it in gear. That counts for especially 1st, 2nd, 3th gear and reverse. When I press the clutch pedal down and try to put it in first it blocks, have to push hard or pull down to second gear and back up to first to get it in without using to much force. It feels like the cogwheels are not probably lined up. Sometimes while driving and shifting gears (1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3th) I can feel the shifting shift moving back and forward before it slight in gear. Note: it’s getting wurst but it’s not all the time.

I am not sure what it can be but I’m thinking about either the synchronise rings, or air in my clutch system, which doesn’t properly disengage the gearbox.
I was going to flush the clutch system with dot 4 brake fluid and see if this worked.
But because of heave rain this days I have to wait for a couple of days to do it on the driveway... so I thought I use this opportunity to ask you guys if anyone had the same or a similar problem and can guide me through to solve this problem.
Or if someone have tips to flush the clutch system anything is more then welcome!

Information:
Current mileage: 236.000km
Last engine oil change Dec. 20/230.000km
Gearbox and diff oil change: Jun. 20/ 221.000km

Many Thanks in advance.

graham b.
graham b.asked
Pregio

I have just had a fuel pump reconditioned.
But went to pick it up
The motor was running worse then before replacement.
What could be the problem

graham b.
graham b.asked
Pregio

I have just had the fuel pump fitted but motor running worse then before replacement

Wood1970

Hi there, Timing is the issue cannot just bolt it on and expect it to run,
timing is 40thou at 7degrees atdc. j2 engine 2.7 litre.

Dave D.
Dave D.asked

Does the 2004 Kia pregio have a timing belt

Arie de vrij

No the Kia pregio 2,7L D has timing gears so no timing belt or chain.

Jeff F.
Jeff F.asked
Pregio

Hi guy my Kia pregio keeps over heating I’ve change the thermostat and the radiator, and it’s not the head gasket I’ve check all that, I think it’s the water pump but I don’t know where it is can you guys help me please

Janeric
Janericasked
Pregio

2004: Kia pregio was boiling,had new cylinder head fitted,new water pump even new cylinder sleeves& radiator unblocked,but it's still overheating, what could be the problem now?

Anthony G.
Anthony G.

Im not a mechanic but maybe get the thermostat replaced

Kia Pregio