Kobo Glo

Brand Manager for Kobo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.9
Lee
Lee

Non existent after sales service

Nice reader but after three months the usb connector failed. We were told to return to Kobo, which we did. After three weeks no advice of when we would get the new device, so through all the same old stuff again - "Thank you for contacting Rakuten Kobo Customer Care.
To serve you better we’ve passed this matter on to a member of our support team that can better resolve the issue. Please allow 5 business days for a response. If you have not receive one, please give us a contact."
So anyway today we are told we will get a new device in 5 to 10 days, five weeks after our initial contact. Don't go there.

Clancy
ClancyPerth

Terrible, would never buy or reccomend

My Kobo Glo works fine for about 2 weeks, then decides it isnt going to work any more, then needs a factory reset, which it even struggles to do as well. very hard to reset, and super annoying. I will be be buying a kindle, and throwing my Kobo in the bin

Mick
MickBusselton

Freezes and needs reboot

Mine seemed to freeze regularly from the start. Needed a hard reset and re-install to get going again. Gave up after 3 months and got a Kindle. After 6 months the Kindle has never frozen like the Kobo. Unfortunately I can't access the Kobo books on the Kindle. Should have gone with Kindle from the start.

Breaks down everytime.

This e-reader is good value, in theory. It gets pretty expensive when you have to buy a new one every year or so. The screen breaks seemingly without provocation (I use a cover, treat it with care), rendering the device useless. This has happened 3 times now. Don't buy one.

Kobo Glo

We have three Kobo Glo ereaders and they have all been easy to set up. Books purchased from Kobo online are easily synced. The free epub books (mainly Guttenberg) downloaded to my PC are easily dragged and dropped into the Kobo Glo ereaders using Adobe Digital Editions. We use one family email address for all Kobo books.

Michael
MichaelRutherglen

Can't put it down

Very easy to use. Great setting options. Terrific battery life. Easy to read with the back light. No mucking around requires to add books, you can simply drag and drop. I use it every day. I also like the awards as a bit of a gimmick. I looked at other brands but am happy with my choice. I have had no issues since i purchased it more than a year ago.

love it!

Fantastic device I have 2 have had to do factory reset a couple of times but the problem has come from the sd card I just either re format the card or buy new one & reload it Have hundreds of books on it, go everywhere with it. Have had the original one for a couple of years bought a back up one just in case!

The best open device around! Great if you know what you're doing..

Other reviewers who have given low scores due to having trouble setting up the device should have bought a kindle or stuck with apple products. The Kobo Glo is the best device if you know what you're doing, and use Calibre to transfer epub books across to the device. I've had mine for 2 years now and I love it. I have read close to 100 books on the device in that time.

Tracey BYork

A few minor problems, but better than carting around arms full of books.

I bought my husband a Kobo Glo about 6 months ago...Yes, the touch screen is a little slow sometimes, yes we have had to reset it once, but overall, we are very happy with the device..so happy that he bought me one as well. Few minor issues like not being able to delete books off the device as I finish them and it can sometimes 'freeze' after updating. Overall, very happy with the device, especially the backlight so we can read at night without disturbing each other. We live far from shops etc so we love that we can get books online.

Kobo glo - what a dud

I had an old kobo which died last year. It was good and I had hundreds of books on it - lots I downloaded from the Gutenburg Project website. Luckily I also saved these to my computer. When I bought the new glo recently I got all excited about transferring these books to the new machine. Well shoot me dead! What a complete waste of $150. I tried using Calibre and ADE and neither of them worked with the kobo glo. When you hook it up to the computer and drag and drop epub or pdf's onto the ereader folder, they ransfer okay. When you disconnect the ereader and open your library nothing is there - except for books I have purchased from Kobo. Very disappointed Kobo!!!!

Stic
SticPN

Bithday gift that ruined her whole week...

sioseekerSydney, NSW

Glo is a good device, probably prefer Aura. Kobo help and service are terrible.

Dave
DaveVictoria

Poor experience with Kobo

We bought two Kobo eReaders; one for my daughter and one for myself. Setting it up was a nightmare. The Kobo website was hopeless - seemed to be only interested in selling books. The local library website was far more helpful. My daughter had the same problems as I did. If you purchase a Kobo expect to spend many hours trying to get it working and expect no help from the Kobo website. It's works okay but not fantastic by any means. I find it is easier to read eBooks on my Notebook.
Small and portable.
Very difficult to initally set it up.

jackieinjanjuc
jackieinjanjucSouthwest, VIC

Kobo isn't Glowing!

rockafella
rockafellaBerwick

Awesome first experience

I put off buying an eReader for a long time but I decided to finally go ahead. The Kobo Glo is an a amazing device and I use it all the time. The backlit screen is great and the reason I went with the Kobo instead of the Sony ereader.
I'd recommend it to anyone who reads often and wants the continence of an online library.
Light, easy to use, long battery
Kobo online store isn't as expensive as the Amazon store