4.4

1,469 reviews · Statistics

88% · 1,295107 · 7%
Return Claim MadeYes (18) · No (1,002)

Notice to Reviewers: As of October 20th, 2021, Laithwaite's Wine People has rebranded to Laithwaites.

See the Best Wine & Liquor Shops in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,469 reviews
Ann P.
Ann P.

Great wine club

Always helpful staff, good selection of wines, great value, accessible website and phone ordering. What more could you want? Show details ·  1
Grahame WREN
Grahame WREN

Good Aged Reds case

Prompt, quick delivery. Good value. Good selection of wines. Good wine advisers. Show reply
Russell J
Russell J

great wine

Great products efficient delivery great price would highly recommend everyone Show details ·  1
Peter
PeterVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Great wines at great prices

Excellent to have a personal wine advisor at no additional cost who is always willing to help with my selection if needed Show details ·  1
Robyn O'Connor
Robyn O'Connor

Great wines

Always had great service from Lathwaites and wines arrive promptly. Show details ·  1
Sandra Rafferty
Sandra Rafferty

Great value

We enjoy a good wine and so far have not had the need to send any back that were not good. Show details ·  1
John W
John WVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC26 posts

No delivery. No explanation

I have previously been very satisfied with this company. However, recently I placed an order and using tracking noticed it appeared to be sitting going nowhere for five days until the freight company indicated the shipment could not be delivered. Despite contacting Lathwaites I received no real explanation but an attempt to assuage me with three bottles of wine despite cancelling the order and indicating I would no longer purchase from them. All I wanted was answers to the following questions or advice
1 What happened?
2. Why did it happen?
3 We are sorry it happened
4. This is what we are doing to ensure it does not happen again.
This episode left a nasty taste in my mouth Show details
Unhappy
Unhappy

No Wine

Ordered wine in November, it was delivered to the wrong address after several emails and attempted calls they told me it has now been delivered. I have never received any wine from this company. Now the communication has stopped altogether. Don't buy wine from this company. Show details
Veronica
VeronicaSydney27 posts

STOLE MY MONEY

I do not recommend you deal with this shonky business. After seeing $220 come out of my account without my consent, I rang and asked for a refund. The order was cancelled but after nearly 3 weeks and several phone calls I am still waiting for my refund. Today after another phone call they advised me they have had a 'system error'. Well, hey Laithwaites, how about you communicate this to your customers instead of letting them wait and reallllly annoying them. Communication = rule 101 of business. Still waiting..............
Mick
Mick

Responded and resolved issue quickly

Issue with system resulted in order not being sent. Once notified the issue was rectified and order was received promptly. Show details ·  1
Des
DesNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Pest emailings

A serial pest with email. I have unsubscribed countless times but still the annoying marketing emails arrive.
Fiona Harms
Fiona Harms

Easy Wine!

Excellent wines at great prices and efficient delivery with care for packaging! Show details ·  1
Linnett
Linnett

Happy customer

The selection of wines was excellenf at good price points. Efficient delivery with good communication. Show details ·  1
LizB
LizB4 posts

Love Laithwaites

Such varied wines- ones not available easily elsewhere.
How do they know which wines I love so much?? Show details ·  1
Tony
TonyNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

Highly valued service

Very reassuring to have a personal contact, in my case Piers Fontaine.
Always feel I get a good service and good advice, in addition to good value. Show details ·  1

Dianne P
Dianne P

Hi I'm looking to buy txiki blanco from the Basque region. Do you have any or can you suggest a source?
Dianne

Peter T.
Peter T.

How do I redeem vouchers

Gereon A.
Gereon A.

Dear Laithwaites,

I ordered 2 boxes of super selection mixed + free Kilikanoon Shiraz with order confirmation number o4587561990 (see attached).

I understood them to have 12 bottles + 1 Kilikanoon Shiraz bottle each after paying a total of AU$ 288.76. It turned out that the first box (Australia Post tracking number JRH3696808 as per email) contained 11 bottles + 1 Kilikanoon Shiraz bottle which was delivered on 30 June 2022. The box seemed in order and sealed.

The second delivery contained 12 bottles + 1 Kilikanoon Shiraz bottle (Aus Post tracking number JRH3696808 as per email). The box also seemed in order and sealed.

I checked my downloaded order confirmation and it was indeed 12+1 each (26 bottles in total). What was delivered to me was 24+1 or (25 bottles in total). How can this happen?

I tried to write this in the customer service page of your website, but after clicking 'submit', I was advised that it was 'forbidden request'. There is also something wrong with your customer service page. So, I have to write my complaint all over again.

Kind regards,