LDV G10

LDV G10

do not rely on this car to make long term business

only show in out calls made with the car system,not missed calls.see nothing in daylight from the display screen.sliding door will not closed properly without ANGRY power level.rear lift door will hit stuff on roof which over lap-chose barn door will better but its lock is crap,i tried it in the dealer shop,and bought the lift door model,I SHOULD not buy the van.

Purchased in March 2017.

Comfort

My motorcycle carrier/ people mover

I bought this van (7 seater 2.0lt T) to replace my 1995 HiAce sbv and as other people have said, you can't buy any brand name van with 2 to 300,000klm on the clock for the same money. My g10 was an airport shuttle between Brisbane and the coast and had 94.000klms on it when I bought it. The van now has 108,000klm on it (7000klm on a trip carrying a bike) and I have really come to like it. I changed all the fluids and filters when I got it and the van has been problem free. Fuel economy on the highway is better than the HiAce (around 9lt/100klm) but around town about the same (13-14lt/klm), but the comfort level (NVH) is really good, and all the modern conveniences are fitted to the vehicle. Removal of the rear bench seat and 1 rear single seat made it possible to load a motorbike in the back for my annual trip only. A fridge in between the front seats was fitted when I bought it and it is also a useful addition for travelling. I like the power for over taking and the cruise control is one of the best I have used. Steering and brakes are good and I found all the service parts online in Australia were delivered with in a week. (bought from Sydney). The reversing sensors and camera are a boon to any van and a welcomed add on. The van only moves on wet days and once a week shopping plus the annual trip so I am not expecting to add large mileage soon. I will update if anything changes.

Purchased in June 2018 at private for $13,000.00.

BoughtUsed

Almost perfect

I bought the 2015 2.0 petrol Turbo automatic in mid 2016 and have since done 160,000km. Almost 2000km every week, fuel economy is fairly good as I usually fill 80 liters of 98 premium fuel and get a minimum of 700km out of the tank. Vehicle has not given me any issues since warranty has ended but during the warranty period I had a faulty aircon and a loose seat and faded door handles. All have been replaced hassle free. I've gone through 2 sets of tires, one set of break disks and have been servicing every 10,000km. NOW! the issues I have is there is a very limited aftermarket spare parts list, to the point where I had to scratch my head just to find a simple (Or not so simple) cartridge oil filter. Parts are expensive genuine, the wait time for parts to arrive is also frustrating (arrival from China), having to go through "Holden" dealership that is the middle man is the worst thing of all. Other than that, absolutely love the van, has not missed a beat, as long as you're servicing the vehicle according to the manual? It'll thank you in the long run.

Purchased in August 2016 at Ringwood LDV for $28,990.00.

Comfort

Very good car for the price

Purchased the 2019 G10 Executive 9 seater. From the car point of view it is very good. A lot of features for the price.

The only thing that lets this car down is the Bluetooth(volume for the people your speaking to is very low as it’s a poor quality microphone) and the fact the car doesn’t come with floor mats. The last thing is the fuel consumption is not what they state(it’s not bad but no where near there assumption)

Purchased in January 2019.

love this vehicle.

Full house and very nice to drive. Have mine for over a year now and no problems what so ever. Really impressed. will highly recommend. I bought the 9 seater and wow!! what a lot of room

Purchased in February 2018 for $39,000.00.

Comfort

Tradies don't buy this van

To all the tradies and couriers out there who are contemplating in purchasing an LDV G10 van my advice to you is don’t.

You pay for what you get. Yes, cheap to buy compared to all the other commercials vans out there but at the expense of quality fittings throughout including all things mechanical.

In March of 2016 I was a very happy man purchased my LDV van. Needless to say had I realised that the stress and trauma that this van was going to cause me over the next three years i would have left it at the dealer.

After I had the van for three months I noticed that the drink tray would not open. I brought it to the dealer to be fixed under warranty but was told parts would have to be ordered from the Eastern

States. They would contact me when parts arrived which took over one month to arrive and then get it fixed.

Working one weekend as a Painting Contractor when I went out to my van to get more paint I noticed that something was dripping down from the motor onto my client carport driveway.

On opening the bonnet oil had sprayed everywhere. A friend of mine who is a mechanic came out to have a look at it. He said it is the power steering fluid that is leaking. Filled it up with powering steering fluid, drove 15 km home stopping on the way to top it up.

Monday morning phoned up [name removed] LDV dealer in Osborne Park here in WA and made an appointment to get it repaired.

It took two days to be repaired. Then two weeks later another leak developed back to the dealership for repair.Three weeks later yet again another leak so back to the dealer. Finally replacing the Power Steering Unit.

Six months later my wife and I were going overseas on a six week holiday. Two days before our departure which was a Sunday morning I went to the van to bring it to my local garage to check the

tyres and top it up with fuel. Guess what it refused to start. Phoned up LDV Road Side Assist. After they came to my house I was informed that the starter motor was gone. In a two year old van.

Monday morning had it towed to the dealer ( photo attached) and left it there. Then flew out on Tuesday. Two weeks later while still overseas I contacted [name removed] in the service department of [name removed]

[name removed] Motors. I was informed that they were still waiting for parts. No LDV parts in WA everything has to come from the Eastern Staes. In fact it took three weeks to get the van back on the road.

If I had been working I would have been without a van for three weeks which is totally unacceptable. Our friend who was looking after our house at the time collected the van for me once repaired.

Forward on another five months now and guess what?? The air con has broken down. Parts ordered three weeks ago and after speaking to Phil last week who was informed by LDV that the parts would not arrive in Australia until the end of March or possible early April. Also I am now getting a “System Error” on my dashboard relating to the left front wheel which was fixed previously but now back on. Quality part? No I don’t think so.

I have been driving this van for the last month without any air con. Today in Perth it was 39.5 degrees.

As stated earlier there is no quality parts in the LDV vans. Hence they should be made to have twice the amount of spare parts in stock compared to other quality manufactures like Ford, Holden,

Toyota & Mazda. These manufacturers have spare parts readily available here in WA. LDV does not!

You cannot fault [name removed] service department as they excel themselves in handling customers complaints. One man that stand out is Phil who always goes out of his way to ensure customer service and I believe is a great ambassador on behalf of [name removed] Motors.

Purchased in March 2016.

LDV G10 Brake Failure

Our LDV G10 has only just clocked over 65,000kms, averaging around 20,000 easy kms per year, and has had to have ALL 4 Disc rotors replaced!. LDV claim its not under the 3 year 100,000km warranty and will not pay for it to be replaced. Very disappointed very expensive exercise ! Expect to be up for just over $1000 for this to be done.
The repairer was surprised as to how bad these rotors were for such a young car !

The thing is the parts are all factory and hence the high price. Yes these things are cheap BUT you will be stung in other ways.......
This is a valid claim from a company in Brisbane.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Issues! I hope it gets better!

We brought a G10 Executive 8 months ago hoping for the best, but acknowledging that it is a cheap car. However, I did not even drive a metre from the where the dealership drove it round to for me to pick up, when the issues started. The LCD screen went all fuzzy and dropped in and out. After waiting for an hour for the dealership to try and fix on the spot, we were left with no option but to take the car - had to drive from Mt Gambier back to Melbourne with a display screen that sometimes worked but most of the time didn't.

Had to then arrange a dealership in Melbourne and take it to them to be assessed as the Mt Gambier dealership wouldn't do anything about it. Took six weeks for the new screen to arrive from Melbourne. We thought that when the screen arrived that then would be a good time to get the towpack fitted as they weren't in Australia yet when we brought the car.

Car goes in to get the towpack fitted and the whole entertainment pack replaced. Screen starts working and towpack wiring stops reverse sensors from working. Also found out that the camera on the left mirror was all blury - didn't see before because the screen wasn't working. After a whole day, and then a return trip and the car being at the dealership for 2 days with no resolution, LDV finally advises the dealer that the pins in one of the plugs for the towpack are round the wrong way from manufacturing.

We wait another few weeks for parts to come in. Car reaches 5000km inspection. We take it in for the towpack wiring to be fixed and the inspection. Wiring fixed and mirror camera replaced but inspection finds it needs a new shock absorber - leaking. Advised that they have to order parts.... again! *sigh*

Waiting 5 weeks for parts, and in the meantime, mirror camera starts going blurry again. Called dealership to find out where parts are - advised 21st December 2018. So we will be waiting approx. 11 weeks for the parts.

Also to add to the issues -
The audio system. The stereo doesn't recall what function was last used - it defaults to radio every time. Also, when it defaults to radio, it doesn't default to the presets list, it defaults to the first radio station in the scanned list. Sometimes it remembers when you turn the car off, and the next time you start it, it will remember the last radio station you had on in the default list, and then the next time it forgets and goes back to that annoying first one in the list!
The bluetooth is hopeless. I cannot have my phone in my pocket or else the bluetooth connection drops in and out. I have to have it write near the system. The sound also goes muffled and stays like that until I turn the car off and turn it back on again.
The FM radio has a hopeless range. Again the sound is muffled a lot of the time due to not being in range.
The software is very frustrating and clunky to use - not straight forward at all.
The contrast on the clock doesn't always auto adjust when the headlights are switch on so you have to go into the settings and turn the auto adjust off and then back on before it works.
There are rumours of a software update to Apple CarPlay but I won't hold my breathe. That's not going to fix the issue with bluetooth range.
The car is advertised as having DVD and also has a DVD button in the car - this is false advertising. There is no DVD. It's a USB input where you have to copy your existing DVD's or transfer existing movies on your PC/Mac to USB and then it will play them from there. It will also only take a maximum 32gb stick.

Also, the backlighting on the heating/cooling control doesn't dim with the rest of the dash leaving a highly annoying and distracting bright display for nighttime driving.

If you're looking for fuel economy then look elsewhere as this is a thirsty beast! The engine goes well but loves fuel being a 2.0l turbo petrol. Takes minimum 95 octane fuel - so you need to factor that into your costs too.

Unfortunately, we've encountered all these issues in 5000kms and the car currently only has just over 8,000km on it and we are still waiting for issues to be fixed. It doesn't leave me with high hopes for the future and I keep wondering what else is going to go wrong.

This car could be a really good people mover, it's comfy and I quite like the leather seats and electric doors and other little appointments. But unless LDV improves is quality and service, I wouldn't purchase another one or recommend anyone buy one.

I will say I can't fault our local dealership in bending over backwards to help us - thanks Kilmore Toyota.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

NOT HAPPY JAN!

Bought to use as a courier. Within first week, drivers seat became loose and rock (dealership said loose seat normal and acceptable!), noticed inability to pull away and accelerate (I suspect a faulty torque convertor), dealership unable to find fault. Fuel economy for diesel auto approx 18+/100kms. (dealership says it is to do with my type of driving).
Today I have decide to take van off the road, driving at half speed, harsh vibration through transmission, extreme heat from engine bay into cabin and fuel economy dropped 25%. Got 364km out of a tank.
I now have to hire a van to use, whilst still paying for the loan on a lemon.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great value good car

We have had the g10 for a year a nd a half for work and it has been great economy is great power is good we have travelled in it on long distances and comfort never an issue body and paint are good i do look after it but it does around 90ks a week on dirt roads as we services some properties interior and seats wear well as we are in and out a fair bit all in all great car my only problem is wr dont have a dealer in town so it is serviced at toyota and there is no way to cancel the service light but i will put up with that very good car. It is diesel manual by the way

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2017

Purchase price really great, but service costs make up for cheaper vehicle

Car used mainly as a family vehicle. We until recently have had the LDV G10 serviced by the local dealer, but will be in future be using a third party to service. I have found the dealers service rates continue to go up. We had an air conditioner failure which could not originally be diagnosed eventually after 10 weeks the dealer replaced a Evap sensor. Appears a great purchase, but service costs from dealer helps the price go through the roof.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Rolling rust bucket

This is my true story. We bought a brand new LDV G10 diesel auto back in December 2017. Within four weeks drivers seat sliding mechanisms broke. Back to the dealer for a new one. Rust hole appeared in passenger side door, paint blistering in the middle of the door. Back to the dealer for a complete new door. Rust appeared in rear tailgate in large patches. Back to the dealer for new Tailgate. While at the repair shop rust found in beaver panel behind bumper bar. Panel cut out and new beaver panel put in. Back to the dealer for new drivers side door as that side started to rust. While at repairer front lower radiator support panel cut out and replaced as it was rusted. Bluetooth continues to fail and disconnects. Radio screen disappears and rear camera disappears to reactivate shut down engine,lock vehicle. Then unlock vehicle and reconnect after engine start up. Engine idle fluctuates when air conditioning is on. Engine idles anywhere between 750rpm to 1350rpm. Turbo lag extremely dangerous when taking off from a stationary position. Dash warning lights coming on and no throttle response while engine running. Engine oil leaks from tappet cover. Engine does not have gasket on tappet cover only smear of silicone. Excessive crank case pressure. Owned the vehicle for 11months and has been at the dealership for 41/2 months. Virtually no spare parts available in the country. All my body panels had to come from China. Have not found any after market parts available such as brake pads and oil filters. Only genuine parts available. All accounts are factual and have been documented and photographed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

A cheap car with cheap options

Instruments not placed within safe reach distance from driver. E.g. heater controls. No foot rest, no centre console, no rear wiper or demister with barn doors. My van has an engine warning light coming on but the dealer cant fix. Cheap car, yes! But.... you get what you pay for.

January 7th 2019 Update: DO NOT BUY ONE

Sure it is a cheaper alternative and it drives reasonably well...BUT...
as soon as you hit problems the company (LDV) and the dealer, (Mantello Fawkner in my case), will not want to know you. Any problems you encounter they tell you it's your fault!!!
Also, good luck getting spare parts.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

I waited for the first 5000km , before writing this review because I could not believe how GOOD this

This is my first van which I use to transport large joinery units around the country. I researched every other vehicle of this type and was sure until I found the G10 that the only thing I could afford was a second, third or fourth hand Hyundai or Toyota which had all done well over 100,000km. I took what I thought to be a huge risk and purchased my g10 for less than the cost of the older equivalent on offer. I do not regret it, the driving experience and comfort are way above any other van. The engine is quiet, economical and a delight to drive under all conditions. The air cond is fine, the radio/Bluetooth sound and quality is excellent. The seating is very comfortable for driver and passenger. The build quality is not that great, my guess is that if you run this as a fleet vehicle you might see a few pieces fall off, it's definitely not the toughest vehicle ever built, but if you look after it it will be fine. The drive alone is likely to sell you on the vehicle. Service gaps seem rather short, but so far my experience with this has been good, thankfully my original dealer has gone out of business after providing the worst possible sales experience ( apart from price) you could ever imagine. Hopefully, my experience will continue to be positive. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very happy. Great for a growing family.

No complaints so far after 6 months of ownership. Its very well priced, and we have been able to transport our family of 6 with great comfort. We opted for the 9 seat version to get the leather seats and the extra room at the back. It drives and handles like a much smaller than would be expected, and better than our previous car (Tarago). We would happily buy the car again, however wish we had been able to opt for the Executive model which has been released.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Chinese crap and poor Warranty

I owned an LDV G10 for about 18 months before disposing of it for more than a few reasons which I will discuss shortly.

Points of my con earn.
1- dealership
2- manufacturer
3- quality

Starting with item 3 first’ quality

Within the fist month of ownership I was unable to use either key as the car forgot the I’d leaving me late for my work. Stuff happens but this problem happened continually during my ownership. What really got me agitated was the dealership saying that it’s my fault as I over used the button and flattened the battery, in 1-2 months, iv had plenty of cars over time and have never needed to replace a battery once let alone several times within months of each event. Also the dealer charged me for the batteries!

The worst issue with the van was the seat fabric, it showed wear within 2 months and wore completely through to the foam cushion after 5 months. That being bad enough both the dealership and LDV said it wasn’t covered by warranty because it was fair wear and tear WTH! I’ve had a combo van for 14 years and didn’t damage the fabric at all. LDV don’t honour the warranty period. Never buy one because I assure you they will weasel out of helping you as this approach seems to be the way they treat their customer. I even elevated this ti head office of importers and LDV told the general manager that it was fair wear and tear and they would not repair it period. I got rid of the vehicle mainly as I don’t trust the company or it’s dealership. Oh btw the salesman I purchased the vehicle through said they would sort the problem if I purchase another vehicle. Not happening!
I could go on and on about issues such as the lcd screen for the AC fading and the background images disappearing , never fixed . shudder when the vehicle comes to a complete stop, it’s as if the van jumps into first gear when you stop and it surges forward. AM radio doesn’t have reception and the dealer never fixed as they said it’s fine and couldn’t fault it. I took them on a drive and showed them but it’s not a problem apparently. I listen to AM. Tyres pressure monitoring system continuously showed issues with rear left tyre being under inflated. As it turned out the front tyre was showed as rear. Wrong tyre displayed. Volume button and on off switch just fell off, no connection to the circuit board. Not fixed even when the vehicle had gone through 2 services and returned for fixing of issues. AC stopped working multiple times and then just started working on its own.

Don’t polish the van yourselves as the paint is so thin you will go through it. I did and I’m a spray painter and have painted and polished heaps of cars.

Dealership and manufacturer

My first issue was with the pre delivery, the car had been on display on the yard and the interior was stained and even the ceiling was dirty. The ceiling was delaminating and this took over 12 months to replace. I had a small accident and the crash repairer found it hard getting parts from distributed. Car took 3 weeks to repair due to stock availability.

My biggest complaint was that LDV left the dealer with the fabric issue and no way for them to do the warranty as they said I wore the seat out due to excessive use and even said I dint know how to get into a car properly. The response from the dealer manager to my complaints and that I was told by consumer affairs that the fabric was not fit for purpose and they would investigate was “ if you do that sort of thing you get nothing from us”

In a nutshell obviously I’m not happy and feel they don’t back the product and deny responsibility for anything they can, I believe this comes from the manufacturer and goes down the line to the dealer.

New spot motors could have done a lot more than they did and I purchased the vehicle from them. I’m their customer not LDV.

This was a taste of my experience and not the full list of issues either. Choose another brand as you get what you pAy for from this mob.
Truth hurts new spot & LDV lift your game period.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great car for a large family.

I have owned our LDV G10 for 1.5 yrs now. Having a family of 7, and a tight budget but needing a van that would carry us, this van has been great. For the budget, the van is comfortable, fits shopping in, kids, pram in at the same time! The driving experience is great, it feels like driving a car, not a van. A year and a half on, it’s sounding more like a van, but driving is still comfortable. What I do love about the van is that it caters for our current family situation, allowing everyone enough leg room to grow, big boot, great driving around town. I love that all the kids windows are tinted, and the van comes with a rear view camera in the price! As it is a cheaper made car, it’s not as bad when there is damage to the exterior of the car. The interior storage in between the front seats is useful as well. I also like that the kids have a sliding door to get out of, and do not need to pull down seats to do so.

I do have a few issues with the van,
1. Bluetooth isn’t great. When I have updated my phone, the van has not recognised my phone. Sometimes, it works and other times it doesn’t now. I have to reset Bluetooth on the van most times which is frustrating!
2. The van’s heater takes a long while to warm up but once it does, the van gets very warm. The air conditioning is great though, and cools the cabin quickly.
3. Low key battery message is showing when I start the car, I’m afraid that it will lock me in/out of the car one day.
4. If the key is left inside the car, and it has been locked by the second key, there is no way to unlock the car. No tricks, nothing. The car is locked.
5. Why would a company choose to have a white interior when it’s targeting big families?? Don’t like the interior, the seats are filthy with 5 kids!!
6. As LDV has not established its own company, and relies on other companies to service their vans, servicing is inconvenient. The service department was 10 minutes away a yr ago, this service it had been relocated 45 minutes away.

The only other downfall to the van is the running costs. It takes 80 litres of petrol and a tank is approximately 300-350kms before needing to refill. Not the most economical car for short/quick trips. However, it has a small engine and it’s carrying a big load, so economical it will not be!

Great people mover

I am living in Cairns and no LDV dealer before 2018, so i purchased this G10 2L auto model from Brisbane. It is nearly a year and done 8500km on it. Engine is great. It will be nice if the vehicle fits with electric sliding doors for people mover model.

The only thing I noticed the transmission won't shift 5th gear when it reachs 60km/h. I have to accerlerate to 65km/h everytime to make it shift, then reduce speed back to 60Km/h in order to maintain fuel efficieny. I am not sure whether other G10 owner has this same issue.

However, I found out LDV has released executive model, which has sunroofs, electric sliding doors and passenger entertainment unit. Too bad, i had bought the vehicle already or i certainly go for the executive model with just 7k extra.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Not impressed

To start with the van needs servicing every 10 k, generally I am qouted that i will have my vehicle back within 2 hrs...usually it is 3 to 4 (I have just had the 40,000 km service completed. This took almost 5 hrs.) I am a tradie that's needs the vehicle on the road, when i asked about a loan car I was told that this is not an option. There is a dealer for LDV, 5 minutes down the road from me however i have to travel 30 minutes to the designated dealer ship for this service (not a tradie friendly van..)..the blue tooth continuously has issues. It works fine for 10 minutes of a journey then stops working until I turn the van off at a set of lights, then start the van again...I do not believe this to be an issue with my phone..( I have a samsung s8+)...I am expanding my business however the next van i put on the road will NOT be a G10..( just a side note, I have spoken to other tradies that own a G10...they have the same blue tooth issue.) Not Happy..

Date PurchasedDec 2016

A fantastic van, amazing value

I bought my G10 Auto Turbo petrol in March 2017 after testing a few makes. I liked the looks and the way it drove. I've done 16 000 trouble free km's and still look forward to every drive. The engine has loosened up dramatically since new. It's got a lot of power for a van with 165kw and feels effortless.I run 91 Octane and only pings if you floor it up a steep hill before change down...but I can't tell the difference with 98. ( except no pinging) Fuel consumption varies from 7.8 freeway, to 10.8 on average outer city runs. Not sure about inner city. It is always fully loaded with windsurfing gear ( about 100 kg) The van is as good as anything I've previously owned in this category. No rattles, rust or deterioration so far. Handling is firm and actually corners very well with minimal body lean.The only complaint is occasionally a lag in acceleration from rolling at a few km/h....not turbo lag but drive by wire - in certain situations the computer seems to take a nap...but you learn to override it with technique once you know. Do I recommend it? Yes I do 100%. I love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
I've now had my van for almost two years and 21 000km . Not one problem so far. I'm fairly fussy and would be the first shout if things weren't right, but so far no complaints. Paint is as shiny as day 1, engine is perfect and just serviced, no rust ( is used on the coast) Brake pads still have plenty left. I've read some of the negative reviews and I have to wonder how these people drive? My average fuel consumption is 10.3 l/100km. So with an 80 liter fuel tank that gives about 700 km range... how some people get 350 km is a mystery? When and if something goes wrong I'll post here. I'd buy another one without hesitation.