Liberty Financial

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (124) · Fixed Rate (44) · Line of Credit (2) · Split (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term19.989 years (89)
  • Loan used for
    • First Home (31)
    • Refinancing (27)
    • Second Home (17)
    • Investment Property (15)
    • Renovation (10)
  • Online Tools

Wow after I finish

Dealing with a company that just never wants u to finish. I paid 60 extremely large payments to finish my loan. But when I call to make I’m done I am informed that I owe them an exit fee. They won’t inform you of this fee so they can still keep charging you extremely high interest and keep listing you as a bad credit risk. Wow an amazing company What another fee to come after that and a fee for that too
Just realise this company is only there to make sure you can never be free of debt.

Loan Start DateApril 2015
Car ModelDodge Journey JC.II SXT
Sally

SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid Liberty - they offer to help businesses impacted by Coronavirus, but only if you default!

Liberty sent emails to all borrowers and put a message on their website stating that they're here to help borrowers affected by the Coronavirus by 'Waiving loan fees or charges'. Yet when I asked Liberty for help I was told that they will only assist with fees if we default on the loan! So they're not in fact helping anyone financially responsible who is trying hard not to default - pathetic service and false advertising from Liberty. And on top of that Liberty are charging us 5.76% interest for our loan when I'm only being charged 3.02% on our loans with other banks, and they don't charge a $30 per month service fee either. Get your loan from any other financial institution besides Liberty.

Loan Start DateJuly 2016
Warren

WarrenPerth, WA

Mortgage Couging!!!!Stay Away

When the current markets are in Turmoil ,RBA drops the rate and all big lenders carry it across.
Except liberty - they dont and their clients are some of the most Vulnerable

Loan Start DateSeptember 2016
Loan used forFirst Home

Jason B.

Jason B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid this company

Save the pain unreasonable unable to help at all if you find yourself out of work or in strife lies are said that they will work with you in hard times then your in foreclosure in no time at all and in the hands of the inevitable collection agents just disgraceful!

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Hi Jason, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. Please let us know your contact details via private message as we'd like the opportunity to look into these concerns further. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Fantastic mortgage Broker

Brock Lynch is a fantastic mortgage broker. Not only does he look for a great mortgage across all main banks for his clients, but looks forward to set them up for their future goal.

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

Fantastic Service

I dealt with Marko Milutinovic who was absolutely fantastic. Communicated everything and kept me informed every step of the way. Unlike other lenders he told me everything upfront and where I was at I cannot fault the process I went through.

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
Tibs

Tibs

Stay away from this Mob

Do yourselves a favour and stay away from Liberty. I have a SMSF home loan and am still paying 6% interest rate. They have not passed on anything in the last 4 rate cuts, they are shameless and refuse to pass on anything.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Loan used forInvestment Property
Binji

BinjiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unreasonable charge,. High rate

Very upset with the Liberty.
Crazy interest and unreasonable charge for moveing to other bank after 2 years term.
Do not use them again.
Please do not use that damn Liberty again.
I am done

Chay

ChayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Communication

Marko was fantastic throughout the whole process. Accesible at all times and very detailed in his communication. Highly recommend the Liberty product and looking forward to the next transaction with Liberty.

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Thank you Chay for your great feedback!
We’re glad you had a memorable experience and look forward to assisting you with your future financial needs.

Pawan

PawanSydney, NSW

Steven Bekhit has been great in his dealing, he is an asset to Liberty, very professional and kept me informed

Steven Bekhit was a very professional person and kept me informed at every stage of my loan process, he was transparent in his dealing with me, the process was very smooth and he always picked up my phone and was able to clarify all my doubts, A big thank you to Steven Bekhit

Car ModelMitsubishi Outlander PHEV ZK LS

Smooth and painless!

We went directly through a broker who recommenced Liberty. With everyone else turning us down or wanting to charge crazy interest rates, Liberty did everything they could to work with us and helped us get into our new car without any issues at all! The process was so quick and smooth. Couldn’t be happier with the end result and how were treated.

Sanwa

SanwaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic customer service from start to finish

Marko was fantastic every step of the way, dealing with a difficult transaction and explaining each step required as we moved through the process. This made for an easy transition to trading an old for a new vehicle

Car ModelAudi Q3
Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Thanks for sharing your experience with Liberty and in particular Marko. We are pleased to have helped you get financial and support you from the start to end. Congratulations on your settlement!
Best Regards, The Liberty Team.

Loan application and settlement was entirely a smooth process

Matthew provided an exemplary customer service. Always responded to all of my emails and calls in timely, polite with accurate information. May he be recognised as a valued asset in his new position.

Loan used forSecond Home
Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are thrilled Matt and Liberty were able to provide you with an exceptional level of service throughout this process.

The Liberty Team

paul

paulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

worst refinancing ever

As a customer of liberty for the last 6 years ,our experience of refinancing has been appalling. Settlement has been scheduled with liberty 3 times over 6 weeks but Liberty are just too busy to come to the party
It seems that getting as many repayments is more important than giving good service to their customers, just plain greed.
Their rates are not competitive ,and trying to get a better rate is just a joke .Forget even trying to deal ,with retention department
Having had many mortagages with several banks , I would avoid Liberty at all costs.POOR SHOW

Loan TypeSplit
nesilone

nesiloneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Time will tell

Have had a few issues which have now been rectified and will see how the communication and processes go into the future. Hopefully if we stay with liberty our experience will be more positive then in the past and we will be able to recommend this company to family and friends.

Loan used forFirst Home

Mrs Guest

Mrs GuestSydney, NSW

Easy Home Loan Service

From the first phone call with Ben Curran, I have had helpful advice and constant communication along the progress of remortgaging our home loan. I would highly recommend Liberty Financial to anyone in search of a home loan.

David

DavidIllawarra, NSW

Perfect financial advice & guidance

Thanks Josephine for all your expert advice & support, firstly in sourcing the right product for my needs but then following up with me...making yourself available for any queries I had. Then when it came time to refinance, again your sources the best product for my needs. You certainly made this experience as easy as possible, thankyou!

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Wow David! We are so pleased that Josephine was a pleasure to deal with and that this was a memorable experience for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Paul

PaulSydney Surrounds, NSW

Home loan review

Customer service has been good , we weren't totally happy with our rate initially however after talking with Ben Curran our rate has reduced slightly and hopefully in another 12 months it will reduce further.

Loan Start DateDecember 2018
Matt

MattSydney Surrounds, NSW

Callum Jackson rocks.

The best guy I’ve ever spoken with regarding financial advice.Extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Amazing service and he did everything he could to help me. Fast, efficient and really nice about it.

Loan used forSecond Home

waterfallGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Customer service

Dealing with Marko, has been an absolute pleasure. I would highly recommend the services provided for a car loan. Great customer service . Prompt response time. Easy going, professional approach and above all easily contactable. A quick and Smooth transaction process.
After dealing with another finance company who gave us a run around for 10 days , we decided to go with liberty. Loan was approved within 24 hrs, we are glad we made the choice to change. Interest rate was also competitive, we ended up with a better rate as well.
If i could give him a bonus i would. :)

Loan Start DateDecember 2019
Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Wow! We are so pleased that Marko was a pleasure to deal with and that this was a memorable experience for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Glen C.

Glen C.asked

I've just payed out a car loan with Liberty and have noticed the following fees for terminating my loan. Not one, but three fees.
Predetermination fee $245.00
Break Cost $355.06
Discharge Administration Fee $125

This can not be correct. You have got to be joking. Why not add a few more fees. I wonder if there's a complaints admin fee? Could someone please explain how this could seriously be reasonable? Thanks

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Hi Glen, we are sorry to hear you're unhappy after finalising your loan with us. When terminating a fixed contract early, there are some additional fees and charges which may apply when paying out your loan. If you would like a copy of your loan agreement which outlines these fees and charges, please let us know. Alternatively, please call our team on 13 11 33 and we would be happy to provide more clarity on the specifics of your loan. Kind regards, The Liberty Team.

JJJ
JJJ

Hi Glen, how early were you looking to pay out the loan, I’ve just been approved with liberty but am reluctant to sign as I noticed these chargers would apply.

Lauraasked

How long does liberty keep their records for? For example if I defaulted 7 years ago would it be taken into account if I’m applying for finance now?

Hi Laura.
I am not sure about defaults. Best to contact them directly and ask.
Generally from my understanding, any financial institution would consider your current circumstances.
Defaults stay on your credit file between 5 or 7 years then apparently removed. Again not sure.

Laura

ANZ hold theirs for life and latitude for ten years including any missed payments.

Wasn’t sure if liberty were the same or similar.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for contacting Liberty.

Happy to help with your enquiry if you could please privately message us your contact details.

Kind Regards,
The Liberty Team

Mareeasked

Liberty Financial Home Loans

Why is it taking over 4 months to get final approval for our refinance to a lower interest rate product? We have conditional approval, have had the valuation approved, but our broker says our application is "now back with the assessor"...why was it not with the assessor before?? We feel like Liberty is deliberately delaying final approval by requesting ever more documentation. We submitted employer verification letters back in July this year, but have been asked for new ones (because the process is taking so long!!) Why is this happening? Not happy, Jan!

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Hi Maree, we are sorry to hear about this experience. Could you kindly pass onyour broker's details along with your contact details to us via private message so we can look into this?
Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Maree

OK, I have sent a pm to you through your fb page with the details.

Louise B.
Louise B.

We are having the same issues

Get an answer from our members and Liberty Financial representatives