• Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • First Home (30)
    • Refinancing (27)
    • Second Home (16)
    • Investment Property (14)
    • Renovation (10)
  • Loan TypeVariable Rate (120) · Fixed Rate (38) · Line of Credit (2) · Split (1)
  • Online Tools
  • Application Process
  • Loan Term20.446 years

paul

paulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

worst refinancing ever

As a customer of liberty for the last 6 years ,our experience of refinancing has been appalling. Settlement has been scheduled with liberty 3 times over 6 weeks but Liberty are just too busy to come to the party
It seems that getting as many repayments is more important than giving good service to their customers, just plain greed.
Their rates are not competitive ,and trying to get a better rate is just a joke .Forget even trying to deal ,with retention department
Having had many mortagages with several banks , I would avoid Liberty at all costs.POOR SHOW

Loan TypeSplit

nesilone

nesiloneSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would recommend avoiding

orst customer service. Phone calls and emails don't get returned and when they do they send it to the wrong email adress or just never bother about returning a phone call. Happy to bug you about insurance policy renewals (a month before it runs out mind you) but when it comes to a rate reduction they don't have time to reply or actually go ahead with what they verbally agree to. So much time wasted trying to correspond with this company it feels like your banging your ahead against a brick wall....personally I would say avoid

Mrs Guest

Mrs GuestSydney, NSW

Easy Home Loan Service

From the first phone call with Ben Curran, I have had helpful advice and constant communication along the progress of remortgaging our home loan. I would highly recommend Liberty Financial to anyone in search of a home loan.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2020
David

DavidIllawarra, NSW

Perfect financial advice & guidance

Thanks Josephine for all your expert advice & support, firstly in sourcing the right product for my needs but then following up with me...making yourself available for any queries I had. Then when it came time to refinance, again your sources the best product for my needs. You certainly made this experience as easy as possible, thankyou!

Loan Start DateJanuary 2020
Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Wow David! We are so pleased that Josephine was a pleasure to deal with and that this was a memorable experience for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Paul

PaulSydney Surrounds, NSW

Home loan review

Customer service has been good , we weren't totally happy with our rate initially however after talking with Ben Curran our rate has reduced slightly and hopefully in another 12 months it will reduce further.

Loan Start DateDecember 2018

Matt

MattSydney Surrounds, NSW

Callum Jackson rocks.

The best guy I’ve ever spoken with regarding financial advice.Extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Amazing service and he did everything he could to help me. Fast, efficient and really nice about it.

Loan used for:Second Home

waterfallGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Customer service

Dealing with Marko, has been an absolute pleasure. I would highly recommend the services provided for a car loan. Great customer service . Prompt response time. Easy going, professional approach and above all easily contactable. A quick and Smooth transaction process.
After dealing with another finance company who gave us a run around for 10 days , we decided to go with liberty. Loan was approved within 24 hrs, we are glad we made the choice to change. Interest rate was also competitive, we ended up with a better rate as well.
If i could give him a bonus i would. :)

Loan Start DateDecember 2019
Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Wow! We are so pleased that Marko was a pleasure to deal with and that this was a memorable experience for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

The interest rate is not just horrible. It's still to high

All up ok. But still not satisfied. Interest rates are to high. Got it down lower sort of. Could of done better. The service experience was great. The loan is going to take ages to pay it back

Loan Start DateJune 2014
Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Awful Experience; Never use them again.

Luke W.

Luke W.Central Queensland, QLD

Matt' is a true specialist in his chosen field, was of great assistance, very knowledgeable of the product in question. Communication was excellent always keeping myself updated throughout the application process. I will recommend and will happly utilise next time.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series F30

Pawan K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fraudsters of millennium

Hi guys
Beware of these scamsters, they give you money on the basis that it cannot be returned any earlier, if you do, u will still have to pay an interest amount which they term as deferred interest payments coz u have paid the amount early which is half interest of the term of the loan!!!

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with Liberty, so we can review your concerns please privately message us your details.
Thanks,
The Liberty Team

U can call me on [Number Removed]

Tracy

Tracy

Fast, Efficient Service - saves the day.

Diane Jones of Liberty Finance was so efficient and helpful, she really knows her products, and was able to help us when another broker could not, and our application with them was dragging out over months. We were so relieved to be rescued by Diane, she pulled out all the stops and got us over the line. Yes, we had a deadline, and thanks to Diane, we made it. So much appreciated, we are forever grateful. Liberty is most helpful with self employed clients, they have good products to suit.

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Wow, Tracy! Your feedback on Diane's incredible service is great to hear! We're glad that Diane could provide such a memorable experience for you. Thanks, The Liberty Team.

Very happy with loan

Was so please with service l received from Natasha she let me know l was on a higher interest rate than l needed to be and adjusted rate saving me money per month she was very helpful.

Loan used for:Second Home
Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Thanks for your feedback Kimmy! We are so pleased that you found Natasha so helpful. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

SMSF Rate Reduction

Ben was excellent, listening to our request for a review and responding quickly with a favourable outcome in a reduction for us. Looking forward to continuing our relationship with Liberty.

Debb

DebbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful service from Steven Bekhit

I called liberty a couple of weeks ago , planning to refinance with a better interest rate. Steven was exceptional, and managed to keep my business.

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Thanks Nick, pleasure to speak to and live our new car

Communication and application was a smooth process really happy with the service- live the flexibilty with payments and the website really easy to use. Thank you Nick for all your assistance.

Loan Start DateNovember 2019

macavoyPerth, WA

Dont bother go else where

I have perfect credit and have multiple home loans over many years. Never missed a single payment. They got me in with a decent home loan rate for an investment property. Within 18 months the rate was around 7.5%. As the reserve bank was dropping rates these people kept upping there rates. Blaming it on banking costs, I asked for a rate review as there rate was ridiculous. I never heard back once after many times attempting to chat with them.

Theyre not interested in keeping business at all. Be very aware

Loan used for:Investment Property
macavoy

I've contacted you many times to no avail. Never coming back. You almost made a young family go bankrupt only for you're pure greed

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

We are so sorry that you feel this way, we would still like the opportunity to discuss this with you if possible. So feel free to forward us your contact details if you wish to do so. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Mark

MarkLaunceston

Home loan rate review

I applied for my regular rate review and dealt with Callum who I found to be very pleasant and efficient and immediately mentioned that they could help . He emailed with details as promised and rate reduction as promised .Overall a very professional experience .

Loan Start DateMay 2016

Roxi

RoxiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware

Beware they have added over $10,000 in fees I am currently refinancing I also reported this company to AFCA and am taking further legal action through the courts, they suck you in with low interest rates but then will slug you with ridiculous fees... go to pepper loans or any other company besides liberty.... like myself you will regret it..

Loan Start DateJuly 2017

SMSF rate reduction

Thanks Ben - for organising the rate reduction. Your efforts are most welcome. We need to reward our loyal customers - if we ever wish to retain them. In a low interest environment - we need to be seen as a partner that is there for our customers every step of the way!

Lauraasked

How long does liberty keep their records for? For example if I defaulted 7 years ago would it be taken into account if I’m applying for finance now?

Hi Laura.
I am not sure about defaults. Best to contact them directly and ask.
Generally from my understanding, any financial institution would consider your current circumstances.
Defaults stay on your credit file between 5 or 7 years then apparently removed. Again not sure.

Laura

ANZ hold theirs for life and latitude for ten years including any missed payments.

Wasn’t sure if liberty were the same or similar.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for contacting Liberty.

Happy to help with your enquiry if you could please privately message us your contact details.

Kind Regards,
The Liberty Team

Mareeasked

Why is it taking over 4 months to get final approval for our refinance to a lower interest rate product? We have conditional approval, have had the valuation approved, but our broker says our application is "now back with the assessor"...why was it not with the assessor before?? We feel like Liberty is deliberately delaying final approval by requesting ever more documentation. We submitted employer verification letters back in July this year, but have been asked for new ones (because the process is taking so long!!) Why is this happening? Not happy, Jan!

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Hi Maree, we are sorry to hear about this experience. Could you kindly pass onyour broker's details along with your contact details to us via private message so we can look into this?
Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Maree

OK, I have sent a pm to you through your fb page with the details.

Louise B.
Louise B.

We are having the same issues

Trudiasked

Ive applied through a broker and received conditional approval
I sent off the last requirement today and then had a missed call from liberty.
My broker has not heard back so why are liberty calling me direct? Do they call when loan is approved

Adam M
Adam M

Hi Trudi, if you are dealing with a broker, I would contact them and let them contact Liberty. The broker will get commission for establishing the loan, so I have always let them "earn their money" so to speak. Things usually run smoother when the broker deals direct with the bank or financial institution, rather than introduce a third party, being yourself, to the equation. Just let your broker know that Liberty tried to contact you, and let them do the rest. I am not an expert nor a broker, but have had some experience over my lifetime with many loans, etc. Hope this helps.

Trudi

This whole process is the worst experience Ive ever had
Just wish liberty had given an indication in message or email. This is an added stress I didnt expect

Liberty Financial M.Liberty Financial

Hey Trudi, thanks for sharing and we are sorry that you feel this way. We'd like to understand what has led to the experience that you have had and where we could do better. Please feel free to pass on your contact details to us in a private message if you'd like us to look into this further. Cheers, The Liberty Team.

Get an answer from our members and Liberty Financial representatives