Loans.com.au

They don't care about existing customer.

Their special rate is only for new customer. They clearly said I can leave if I am not happy but they are not giving me special interest rate even though my loan is variable.

I have also loan with other bank and they automatically give me special rate without asking.

Save your time and effort by not going with loan.com.au

Mel

MelHobart, TAS

Very Happy

We were referred to loans.com.au by a friend and we could not be happier. It as easier to navigate the application process than by the banks we used in the past. We are extremely happy with the rate and the awesome customer service. We could not speak more highly.

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Rate creep!

We joined loans.com.au 2.5years ago. At the time the rates were good and competitive.

These days not so much.

3.16% P&I Owner Occ
3.58% IO Investment
3.31% P&I Investment

These guys quite often don't pass on rates in full to existing customers. They also pass on larger cuts for new customers.

They make themselves appear competitive to new customers, but as soon as you've signed on the dotted line, expect your rates to creep up.

Very satisfying

Excellent, no extra costs involved, very happy with the rate, will recommend to others. no problems what so ever during the whole process. Easy access to account and loan payments etc.

Lindsay A

Lindsay ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with my decision to switch my 3 mortgages to loans.com.au

Not Kind to loyal customer

I have been with them for 5 years now. I am very disappointed they didn't pass on full rate cut to customer and actually they increased interest last year claiming the borrowing expenses went up, but the cash rate was the same last year. There is a gap between 0.4 and 0.5 between new and existing customers. It is just encouraging the existing customers to refinance with other providers. While try to keep new customers happy, can you please think about how to retain your loyal existing customers?

Ralph

RalphSouth East Queensland, QLD

ONLINE LOAN OK

I was happy with the online application with loans.com. I found the up loading of documents next to useless ended up just emailing my document's. Also found the first person contact taking details of my assets and income, short and pushy. Also could be clearer on the documents there are after.

Rosemary N

Rosemary NAU

[Bad] operation

Lure you in with low rate, then raise it after you are with them while no one raise rate. Dodgy documentation fee of 250 for discharge , not sure if this is even legal. Pathetic retention team. The whole operation is basically using existing customers money to fund new customer discount. If old customer dont leave, they are profitable. If they leave, they got sludged with expensive fees. Stay away. There are better lenders out there.

Loan used for:First Home

Customer

CustomerPerth

Not passing full rate cut to their customers

In last 3 rate cuts by RBA. Only once have been forwarded to customers in FULL. There are many other lenders offering far better rate than these. It seems as loans.com.au don't even want to retain the customers by matching or lowering the rate. They might be only focusing on revenue from loan exit fee.

Customer support is also limited to weekdays-working hours only

Below average lenders

Customer service is just okay - however they increased loan interest rate in an environment where most institutions were lowering theirs. Additionally out of the last three interest rate cuts they've only passed one on in full and they're very slow in passing them on. If you're in the market for a loan, go elsewhere.

save time do it online

Straightforward process

I did find the first person I spoke with abrupt and a little pushy, and this made me nervous as I hadn’t used an online lender before.

Thereafter I had good support and the online portal was an efficient way to lodge documents. I think there could be some tightening up of document names and labels, and submission requirements, as it wasn’t always clear what was being requested so there was a bit of back and forth.

Got there in the end and happy so far. They are a no frills lender so there isn’t the 7 day service but I can work with that.

I noticed another review said their interest rate was jacked up 6 months into the loan period so I’ll review again if this were to happen.

Scott

ScottSydney, NSW

There are better online lenders out there (lower interest rates and better services)

dee b.

dee b.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rude & Pushy

My experience during initial phone appointment made me annoyed & uneasy. The person who took my call kept cutting me off and almost insisting I make a decision to go forward or not without even listening/responding to my concerns.

Robert S.

Robert S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good rates

The customers services was good and kept me informed though the loan prose.l with no unexpected expenses or problems setting up the loan the rates were very competitive thank you

Loan Start DateOctober 2019

Vin

VinVictoria

Two words "WOW & THANKYOU !

Customer with NAB for 33 years ~ no loyalty & higher interest rates... Loans.com.au were amazing from beginning to end. The process was fast & easy... Staff were friendly & prompt! Fully recommend to others!

KathM

KathM

Easiest home loan process we’ve ever had!

I can’t believe how easy it was to apply for a home loan with loans.com.au! Great customer service, every question answered, super fast processing, we a settled in 21 days!

Jason K.

Jason K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service and a competitive rate

Since finding out about loans.com.au on a comparison site, I found them to have a competitive interest rate and fees. Once I started a pre-approval application, I was given a single point of contact to complete the process which was great. The process was easy. After purchasing a property, I was given a new contact person who guided me through the process. I am very happy with the provider overall and have already recommended to others.

Loan used for:First Home

Worst experience with a loan company, over a month delay !

No even 1 star they deserve. Omg the worst experience/ customer service from a loan company. The application was received with all documents end of August and after me calling twice after a month and being told that is in process and soon I’ll get a call , I had to call again and finally got a call 2 October with the results . Over a month for a response . If anyone is looking a a good a prompt service definitely don’t go to this people.

Himan

HimanSydney, NSW

Great Product and excellent customer service

Exceptional Customer Service: the people I have dealt were really dedicated, kept me inform throughout the process via emails, text and follow up phone calls. They made the process seem so easy.
No additional cost other than what I was told when enquiring for the loan.
Product: Very satisfied with the rate offered by Loans.com.au. Moved from a Big 4 bank as their lowest rate was nowhere close to the rate Loans.com.au offered. I’m saving a significant amount of money with them.
Currently waiting for their decision following RBA rate cut.