Logitech Harmony 650

MPNs: 915000116 and 915000173

2.8

L Howard

L HowardPerth, WA

i was recommended to buy a logitech harmoney remote control....

but they dont tell you you need windows or mac operating system to set it up....which i dont have so its useless! Very frustrating as the new unprogramable device is useless

oldad60

oldad60Sydney, NSW

Fails after about 12 months use

I have had two of these remotes so far. They are quite easy to set up and work really well - for about 12 months. Once the product it out of warranty the buttons start to be none responsive starting with the most used buttons. Something inside is obviously not designed for the use it gets.

Purchased at JB Hifi Home for A$89.00.

emski72

emski72Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shocking battery life

We've had this about a month and we were away 7 days of that month...have had to replace the batteries 3 times. It constantly forgets settings when it's not draining batteries. I'd love to know what the difference is between the remote that I've been lumped with and the one from the guy on here who says he's not changed the batteries for a year... even Logitech said "it should last 3 weeks" like that's acceptable? Great concept ...and when it DOES work it's good..but the battery life issue is terrible and having to troubleshoot settings every third go is not.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$89.00.

Dogs Breakfast

The booklet supplied says set aside at least 45mins to set it up, a total of around 20 hours later I get it to work to suit me, still got a few bits to do.
It does work quite well if you have the patience and persistence to achieve acceptable operation.
Their help desk is rubbish, mainly concerned with Logitech protocols etc, calling for Ser No when the thing doesn't have any.
Sadly there doesn't seem to be any viable competition so we are stuck but if ever there was an example of corporate bullying for profit its got to be one of these. How many are made I wonder and the set up process/support is rubbish. Come on China lets see an alternative.

presterjohn101

presterjohn101

if i could take back changing over I would

Absolute rubbish. Randomly takes over my Air conditioning and there is no way to remove it from the remote or reset the remote. Do not buy this product. Avoid at all costs.

Jaytee

JayteeSydney, NSW

Terrible universal remote

Almost always never works correctly have to go to the help button almost every single time to get it to work the way it should. Would highly recommend another model as this one has failed on me 4 times with the store just replacing it with a new one.

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I don’t write reviews. This remote has forced my hand!

Runs out of batteries because it never turns off. constantly asks you to press 8 main buttons before you can use it. Make sure you are not a robot! Worst!

SteveSydney, NSW

This product shows real thought and engineering

exitguyausGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy to replace Umpteen remotes & batteries

Bought the first of these in Apr '17, easy to setup, replaced 5 remotes and the assorted batteries they used which was a cost saving in itself. Got another in Jan '18 as we were getting some new equipment and used that to set everything up.
We use rechargeable batteries and they work a treat in the device so no need to stock heaps of spares.
It is so easy with the MyHarmony program for Windows to get device codes, create activities, add any additional codes from a remote. Once you setup an activity then you can see the Logic in their Tech !!!
Strong signal to control all your IR devices, Easy to Setup, Simple to Use and best of all Good Value so it is Highly Recommended.

Shares in Duracell?

Terrible. Goes through batteries every couple of weeks. Doesn’t turn off it seems.
You need to explain the use of it to any visitors As it is very different to other universal remotes. Buttons stopped working but I didn’t try and fix. Can’t get rid of it quick enough to be honest.

dad1111

dad1111perth

I hoped it would last to at least 5 years

My first 650 remote had problems with the PC setup , I eventually used a different USB cable & it worked ok . I took it to back for a replacement cable & Office works required the whole package (including remote) for replacement . The second remote worked flawlessly for 3 years. The most used (forward) button is now playing up , I have no hesitation about using another 650 as I have the buttons programmed & saved in my PC . A nice quick plug in - update - use as normal operation. Its just a pity it doesn't last to at least 5 years. BTW Office Works is the best price .

Amanda

AmandaSydney

Worked perfectly!

Does the job and not complicated at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about in relation to it being tricky to set up... just read the instructions... took me 5 minutes and I have average/normal IT skills.

Recommended !

Rod Why

Rod WhySouth East Queensland, QLD

Logitech Harmony 650 Model 1713404

Always have had good experience with Logitech.
Software setup is complicated. YOU Need to be, VERY tech savvy, who has lots of luck.
Once you have made a mistake, it's there forever. Even uninstalling does not work, you have to use third party software to completely remove.
Company support is ZERO, only support is computer auto responders, and generated text box
Download user manual, is as good as man BOOBs.

I am really sorry I bought/wasted my money. I definitely don't recommend,

Duckman

Duckman

I like it. It replaced everyhing

It reconfigured our TV, set top box, foxtel etc using the app. No problem at all.
There seems to be a button equivalent for eveything the original remotes had, and if it doesn't the context sensitive buttons around the screen will get you to that obscure menu you need to get to.
The only weird bit is getting used to whether you are adjusting the volume on the telly or on the set top box. It takes practice to get used to that.
I like the function buttons "watch tv", "watch movie" etc. Very easy way to get everything to turn on.
Not sure why someoen complained about battery life... the screen detects movement so turns off to save power and we haven't had to change the batteries yet, after 6 months.

Logitech 650 do not whole up under normal use

Logitech 650 is a good remote when it works. This us my third and last remote I will purchase. These rremote do not last. They fail within two years after purchasing. Logitech don't seem to care

Adrian48

Adrian48None of your business

Unreliable after a while

Worked great for a few months, easy to program also. But now it is constantly not activating all appliances, have to use the Help button all the time to turn on or off individual appliances.

Gra

Gra

Poor

Poor range. The batteries have to be new around 3 m. Buttons died. Only buy one if you wnat to spend time waving it around trying to get it to work

ChrisOz

ChrisOzSydney, NSW

It's cheap and barely functional

Luke G

Luke GAU

If you have Foxtel and an AV receiver this is a must have

Pete

Pete

Easy

I’ve had this remote for about 1 year now and still going strong. I control 4 different devices with this.
Highly recommend it and the price is great for what it can do .

mhaze

mhazeasked

The remote suddenly stopped powering devices on and off. Instead, when I press 'watch TV' it seems to reboot then displays a message "if any devices are still on press help now". Pressing 'help' reboots the remote. I've removed batteries, changed batteries. Nothing fixes it. Note the device worked fine for about 6 months then suddenly this.

Ange

Angeasked

I have just bought the Harmony 650 and was disappointed to discover that I still need to use the Foxtel and TV remotes which defeats the purpose of the universal. My TV remote gives me one touch Netflix and YouTube and the update says Foxtel usage is limited as Foxtel Remote uses Bluetooth not IR. Is there going to be an update or advancement for this remote to get up to date with the latest technology as I'm feeling I've just wasted my money?

exitguyaus

Even though Harmony says "usage is limited" (based upon the idea that people will use the Foxtel with BT) it still has all the IR codes and these work. We have an IQ3 and use the 650 in IR mode to control the IQ3 - works a treat so you have not wasted your money.
p.s. the use of IR is actually more reliable to control the IQ3/IQ4 as they sometimes lose BT connectivity

Works OK with my foxtel IQ4

Hairy legs

Hairy legsasked

Does the Harmony 650 work with Foxtel and Normal TV ?
I just have basic Foxtel (not IQ2 or IQ3)
Thanks for your time

sweetfa
sweetfa

Yes it does

Kel
Kel

Another response says it will. I'd be guided by that. there is a huge list of remote controlled appliances that the harmony will control. I have an obscure PVR and it was there.

Essays2
Essays2

It can control anything that uses an infra red remote. Anything the very large database doesn't know you can still program using it's learning function.

Get an answer from our members and Logitech representatives