FURminator Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool

FURminator Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool

Giant, Large, Medium, Small and Toy

See the Best Pet Grooming & Hygiene in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amazing and magic for my german shepard

Amazing and magical for my german shepard, takes all the loose hair off effectively and well worth the money, much more effective than brusing.

Fluffy pupp!!!

Bought this a while ago for my new puppy (around 4 months old) & this FURminator works great! Tidies up my puppy and make it look fluffy. Good for value and really liked this

Great! But expensive at pet shops

This is the best brush I have found. My new fave thing. ( It used to be the vacuum cleaner). Not sure about 90%, not going to test the claim, but effective. Dog tolerant but not thrilled. It is a very fine-toothed metal comb and I love the cleaning part! I think the teeth could bend easily if it's dropped so I will keep it in a tupperware box to protect it. I've only just got it so not sure how robust it is. Much cheaper online.

Love, love, love it

I have an inside border collie, he sheds heaps. Twice a week with the furminator he’s happy, he’s being brushed, and I am too. Much less vacuuming. Great product.

Shocked at how much fur is collected

My new rescur cat has longer fur than I realised. With summer starting up I bought this product (purple handle)and boy does it work well. Just a few strokes and I've collected hair. Given cats ingest 2/3rds of their fur when grooming surely thia ia going to help my new cat

Long haired chihuahua loves it

I purchased one of these furminators online.
My dog loves being brushed with it, but I do have to be careful as it can grab the hair and pull if I'm too gun-ho.
It removes a lot of hair as it promises, and that's all I needed.
The brush is comfortable to hold as the design is quite ergonomic.

Not great on very soft fur

I did a lot of research on this Furminator before deciding to buy for my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who sheds endlessly.
The Furminator is getting out the short 'downy' hair ok, but she still sheds copious amounts of her longer outer coat.
Not sure if this is a shortcoming of the product or just the nature of my dogs coat but I would recommend you either try one before committing to a purchase, or shop around for the best price in case it doesn't deliver the results you are expecting. I found prices for the exact same model vary from $27 to $62 - big difference so shop carefully!

**UPDATE** To be fair, I believe the performance of the Furminator was definitely affected by the very fine baby fur on my puppy. Now that her coat is matured, I'm finding the Furminator highly effective at removing the winter undercoat.

does the job

Certainly gets rid of more fur than any of my other brushes do & my mastiff x staffy loves it & thats good enough for me. However ive seen these in the pet shops for a whopping $80 I got mine online for $20 wouldnt pay any more than that tho. The tool itself is manufactured to a good standard nice sturdy handgrip & the plastic surround is very thick & solid. Think this will last forever & i'm happy with the product so I will not be buying any more brushes like I used to in the past. Im giving this 5 stars as I found it is the best out there SO FAR......

More hair shed

Furminator markets as no more hair on your carpet. I have a small retriever, who is an inside dog (apart from night bed) who is washed/groomed every 3 weeks. Each time I use FURminator it pulls out heaps of fine hair, which looks more like new growth than "dead" hair. Problem is that for next 2 weeks I end up with hair all over the carpets. Rather than stop hair, I seem to end up with more hair on carpet.
Pulls out lots of fine hair
End up with heaps more hair shedding for next 2 weeks

Fantastic brush

I've had dogs for many years, long haired and short haired. In that time i've tried many brushes with normal bristles, wire brushes and also those multi pinned brushes that are suppose to remove all the dead fur frim your pets coat .

Well I tell you look no further this brush (the furminator) would have to be the ultimate in brushes for your pets coat.

I've only used it a couple of times, but it just blows me away every time as just how much dead fur it removes from my dogs coat. Every time I use the brush it looks like I've just given her a bath. Just a fantastic brush.

Just be careful where you get your brush from I've seen it retail at $27.95 to $50.00.
The ease of use and how much fur it removes.
The plastic case that comes with the furminator to protect the blades doesn't fit very well. It can be costly. Shop around