FURminator Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool

Large, Small, Medium, etc...
See the Best Pet Grooming & Hygiene Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for FURminator? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Effectively removes loose hair

• Easy to use

• Leaves fur looking clean

4.3

Ainsley C.
Ainsley C.Sydney, NSW

Amazing product

Used it on my 10kg cat who has extremely long hair. I usually shave home during summer but coming into winter needed something else. It is great first time using and leave his hair looking amazing.

Purchased in April 2021.

FURminator

FURminator dog hair deshedding brushes are overpriced and absolute rubbish! You will absolutely regret buying one because you will never use it. You'd be better off with any other kind of brush or comb. So don't buy one.

Purchased in May 2018 for $59.99.

Dena F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I really underestimated the FURminator.

I bought the FURminator when my Cavalier spaniels were pups, now they are seven. It took a while to get used to: at first I was using it incorrectly. Now I love it. I found it was best to gently stroke it across my dog's coat and to be extra gentle near the stomach and legs.

Purchased in December 2013 at Petbarn for $50.00.

Pet Grooming & Hygiene Products

Find out how FURminator Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool compares to other Pet Grooming & Hygiene Products

Lachlan D.
Lachlan D.

Fantastic!

Absolutely fantastic product. We have a very large long haired German Shepherd and were pulling our hair out trying to keep his constantly shedding fur under control. Thanks to the Furminator the only hair that's getting pulled out now is our big boy Bear's undercoat. Well worth the money.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn for $64.99.

Julia

The ultimate and only brand to buy

I can not empasise enough just how effective and factually the only grooming tool that has worked on my dog - dingo x husky. It's saved the house, cars, clothes, friendships.

Purchased for $65.00.

Michael
MichaelSydney, NSW

Amazing and magic for my german shepard

Amazing and magical for my german shepard, takes all the loose hair off effectively and well worth the money, much more effective than brusing.

Sasha
Sashacentral coast

Fluffy pupp!!!

Bought this a while ago for my new puppy (around 4 months old) & this FURminator works great! Tidies up my puppy and make it look fluffy. Good for value and really liked this

Jay
Jay

Great! But expensive at pet shops

This is the best brush I have found. My new fave thing. ( It used to be the vacuum cleaner). Not sure about 90%, not going to test the claim, but effective. Dog tolerant but not thrilled. It is a very fine-toothed metal comb and I love the cleaning part! I think the teeth could bend easily if it's dropped so I will keep it in a tupperware box to protect it. I've only just got it so not sure how robust it is. Much cheaper online.

Nettie
NettieBright, Victoria

Love, love, love it

I have an inside border collie, he sheds heaps. Twice a week with the furminator he’s happy, he’s being brushed, and I am too. Much less vacuuming. Great product.

JZ66
JZ66VIC, 3055

Shocked at how much fur is collected

My new rescur cat has longer fur than I realised. With summer starting up I bought this product (purple handle)and boy does it work well. Just a few strokes and I've collected hair. Given cats ingest 2/3rds of their fur when grooming surely thia ia going to help my new cat

Buddy
BuddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Long haired chihuahua loves it

I purchased one of these furminators online.
My dog loves being brushed with it, but I do have to be careful as it can grab the hair and pull if I'm too gun-ho.
It removes a lot of hair as it promises, and that's all I needed.
The brush is comfortable to hold as the design is quite ergonomic.

XC40
XC40Sydney

Not great on very soft fur

shaza
shazamandurah

does the job

Certainly gets rid of more fur than any of my other brushes do & my mastiff x staffy loves it & thats good enough for me. However ive seen these in the pet shops for a whopping $80 I got mine online for $20 wouldnt pay any more than that tho. The tool itself is manufactured to a good standard nice sturdy handgrip & the plastic surround is very thick & solid. Think this will last forever & i'm happy with the product so I will not be buying any more brushes like I used to in the past. Im giving this 5 stars as I found it is the best out there SO FAR......

Anne S
Anne SMelbourne

More hair shed

Furminator markets as no more hair on your carpet. I have a small retriever, who is an inside dog (apart from night bed) who is washed/groomed every 3 weeks. Each time I use FURminator it pulls out heaps of fine hair, which looks more like new growth than "dead" hair. Problem is that for next 2 weeks I end up with hair all over the carpets. Rather than stop hair, I seem to end up with more hair on carpet.
Pulls out lots of fine hair
End up with heaps more hair shedding for next 2 weeks

craigs902
craigs902South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic brush

fhadleyasked
Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool

What size furminator is best for a Japanese spitz?

David M.

I wouldn't buy any Furminator for any dog.

fhadley

Thanks David. Why do you say this? is it too rough? I'm new to this.

Dena F.

I would not use a furminator on any spitz breed. Don't use them on puppies either. Spitz dogs are double coated, with very long, fine, soft fur. The furminator is supposed to pull dead hair out, the double comb system will tangle in the fine, soft fur and pull chunks out. I would expect this will hurt your dog. Google best brush for spitz and check out the recommendations for combs and pin brushes, which you can get at all pet food & supplier shops.

Lotus L.
Lotus L.asked
Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool

My dog's breed is mum: blue cattle dog, dad: red cattle cross dingo. Although I am suspicious that grandma or grandad could have had husky or german shepherd judging by his coat. He is 3 years old and 20kg. Which furminator should I buy?

Dena F.

Hi, it seems like your dog has a medium length coat and is medium size. I would stick to a medium size Furminator because the small will break. If your do is stocky you could get the large. Remember the "blade" doesn't curve so won't wrap round him/her. You just want strength in the teeth.

Julia

My dog is a Siberian husky x alpine dingo. Got the husky eyes but rest can't deny dingo so didn't get the long thick coat. But the fur OMG it never stops. I tried EVERY tool on the market and it wasn't until we got a medium (the large tool didn't for big dogs wouldn't get around the dog as kindly) Didn't get the one for long fur either. And your dogs coats aren't technically long coated.
The great thing about the Furninator is that it gets the "wool" base layer coat too, and 2nd level and the longer top. Mine has 3 layers. Don't brush vigorously and fast like many do with regular grooming tools nor push too hard, more a stroking glide over your dog/s and not too much focus on 1 spot to "get all those hairs out" .... i did make this error and noticed bruising/ reddened skin damage on my boos back straps in areas once where obviously ive brushed too much too long. Over groomed for the week, was malting (spaying fur , every day its just fur flys off him even as he walks - it turns out Dingos acctually malt worse than huskies do. More constantly anyhow) I never do anything but glide, let the weight of the brush almost be it to drop and hold its own weight on pooch and pull softly over. Could just be my boy has thinner skin or that... the micro teeth on the blade do scape the skin and micro scratches occur. That's the only caution i could give about this product.
You will never ever regret buying one of these. They do the cats marvellously also. They look harsh but they aren't and they don't damage any of the fur. But .... heres an example, ive shown people how i can brush from top of my head , wavey medium length fine hair, right through to the ends and not have snags, breakages or damage to mine. So.... a medium size brush, medium/short coat grade will work for you and yours

Ann S.
Ann S.asked
Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool

What is the difference between a cat and a dog fulminator. The pets are the same size.

Dena F.

Technically, if the same width and length of "bristles" they are the same, but I wouldn't be using the dog's Furminator on your cat. If your cat could talk, he/she would be telling you that the dog's smell is on the brush, and so it's not fair to then spread it all over your cat. I have separate brushes for my cat and dogs. We humans have about 5 million olfactory receptors in our noses (microscopic proteins that allow us to detect odors). Cats have 45 million to 80 million receptors, but they can't measure up to the average dog, whose snout holds between 149 million and 300 million receptors. Thinking about it, I bet your dog doesn't want the cat's smell brushed onto him/her either.

Features:

• The FURminator Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool comes in a range of sizes - from small to “giant” - making it suitable for use on pooches of all sizes.
  • It features a stainless steel edge which easily reaches beneath the topcoat to gently remove loose hair - and it does all this without nicking your dog’s skin.
  • It also reduces loose hair from shedding up to 90% when you use it regularly.
  • The tool has an ergonomic handle, making it easy and comfortable to remove your dog’s undercoat hair.
  • A curved edge on the deShedding tool makes it glide over and follow your pet’s natural shape, so you know grooming is comfortable for your canine as well.
  • You can release hair from the tool’s edge at the push of a FURejector button, allowing for an easy and fuss-free clean up.
  • The deShedding Tool can range from $43 to $73, depending on the size of the brush.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the deShedding Tool effectively removed loose hair from their dog’s undercoat - some said after they started using the tool they didn’t need to vacuum as much.
  • They also said it was easy to use, citing the ergonomic design as one reason for this.
  • Some reviewers said it left their pooch’s fur looking clean and as if they had just bathed their dog.
Compare all 5 FURminator Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool
CategoryPet Grooming & Hygiene ProductsPet Grooming & Hygiene ProductsPet Grooming & Hygiene ProductsPet Grooming & Hygiene Products
Price (RRP)43536338