Makita DGA504

Makita DGA504

See the Best Angle Grinders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Makita? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4
Jon
JonVictoria

The best option on makita's 18v platform

Purchased for $300.00.

steve
steveSydney, NSW

my burnt out makita dga504

have had a few corded (excellent) and cordless makita 100 - 125 mm angle grinders over the years. the last one being the DGA504 brushless - just over a year old but really hasn't done that much work on site - almost count the number of jobs....burnt out today...what the. Field winding. Reckon the inards are too sensitive and not robust enough. Looks great but--..going back to the Makita brush motor for angle grinders. Last one performed well over a much longer period. The DGA504 felt good in hand - brushed version thicker with higher revs 10,000 to 8,500 I believe. guess a lot depends on assembly / quality control as well. luck of the draw perhaps.

Purchased in April 2018 for $230.00.

Other Angle Grinders

dies within 3 months

only used for light DIY jobs never for heavy construction/manufacturing
gearbox went within 3 months
replaced under warranty died again gearbox replaced they told me
a year later same thing
1 month out of warranty and it breaks again - buy Hitachi, my hitachi gets a very hard workout and as not missed a beat

Date PurchasedMar 2015

I'm a hobbyist and it died inside of 18 months.

I've had two Makita 5 inch 18v battery grinders. The first was their entry level brushes type which lasted less than 18 months before dying. Ive invested in big Makita batteries so I replaced it with the more expensive brushless dga504. Again, Dead inside of 18 months. 2 stars because while it was alive, I liked using it. Sorry Makita, I will advise people to buy a different brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Angle Grinders

Find out how Makita DGA504 compares to other Angle Grinders

ruth49
ruth49Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent quality grinder

I bought this for my husband and he said it’s great because he loves the good ergonomic design handle. It’s really heavy duty, robust and durable with good weight distribution, by far the best on the market.

Date PurchasedDec 2017