3.0

Rates and Fees
4.3

rmtclientreviews
rmtclientreviewsSydney, NSW

Joint Marketech Trading if You Enjoy Being Ignored, Disrespected & Mislead!!!

I sent via email a very simple request to Marketech's Support Team. It has been SIX days and yet NO REPLY to the request. This, at the very least, is extremely disappointing and from reliable word of mouth a very common problem with Marketech.
Now, I can believe that Marketech's claims to be a superior trading platform are false!
Additionally, you are COMPELLED to pay a $20 per month live share price data fee, whenever you must trade, even if you don't need it.
An "excellent" trading platform for clients who enjoy being ignored, disrespected and mislead!!!
Marketech   DM

Hi RMT, we have checked our logs and can find no outstanding contacts. Please check the email address and resend.

Davo
Davo10 posts

Nice platform

I came off Iress/Comsec

Does everything I need as I've wound right back in the trading side of things.Continual upgrades and improvements.

A couple of things I would like to see. Live news data and a reward similar to comsec whereby if you spend X amount of brokerage in a month or X number of trades the platform is free. Show reply

Terry F.
Terry F.Southwest, VIC2 posts

Service, price, features, ease of use

I am so old I go back to JB were as a broker with 1% commission trades. e. $100+. Used Commsec, Etrade, ...NABtrade., State one..... but this platform suites me. I like the idea I "own" the stocks and am not in some sort of general pool of funds, can use my own HIN and have chess sponsorship
I have been a user for 18+ months .Alerts can be set so I don't have to sit at the screen all day and when they go off I can log in on iphone and make a decision. New features are really good and the new fundamental screen has lots of info. Charts work fine, especially the 1 minute,, email queries answered quickly, much better than commsec, low fees Happy punter. Show reply
David3 posts

Exceptional service, intuitive platform

I have been using Marketech for just over two years. I am an experienced (>40 years) and active trader/investor and have found the trading platform in its latest form, extremely effective and easy to use with all needed information quickly accessible. The company seems intent on looking for continual, well thought through enhancements.
However, the most impressive aspect when dealing with Marketech for me has been the level of service. When I send an email, I never have to wait till the next day for a response, and they are always helpful. Show 2 replies
Chris B.
Chris B.Launceston, TAS2 posts

Use it every day the market is open

Plenty of relevant information and easy to use. I like the summary of what I have bought and sold over the recent period. The recent addition of the running profit or loss on the day on each individual stock is very useful. Show reply
Very Unhappy
Very Unhappy3 posts

Backward Move

Like others, I was happy with basic trade functionality on OpenTrader.
Now have to pay $20 per month for the ability to Buy/Sell plus commissions on trades.
I am a positon trader with several month hold typically.
SelfWealth here I come.
Marketech   DM

Thanks for your review Very Unhappy. If you want basic then Selfwealth is perfect for you - hopefully you asked our support team for our referral link to give you some free trades.

Mark
MarkBrisbane6 posts

Another Ex Opentrader customer

I was a bit surprised when I got moved from Opentrader to Marketech on a few days’ notice, but in light of the recent acquisition, it sort of makes sense now.

The Focus platform looks ok, although, it is not great and it is probably subpar compared to Opentrader. The Focus Mobile app is not bad though, but it does not make up for the fact that suddenly we are required to pay 20 dollars to have a similar product offering as Opentrader used to offer for free. Moreover, the default Focus Lite package does not come with a buy/sell feature (!), which makes the platform useless essentially. Since I am an investor and not a full-time trader, it does not make much sense to stick with Marketech, so I am moving all of my shares to a competitor.

Rates and Fees
Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Disappointed

Had an account with OpenTrader and was happy with it as it was easy to use, but I was migrated to Marketech with two days notice to trial. I sent them an email explaining that I was going overseas for two weeks and when I got back trial had ended and I have had issues ever since trying to logon. Today I tried logon to my account, can view terms and conditions but not my share account and they want a monthly fee for that. As someone who may only trade once every 3-4 months and expected to pay $20.00 a month plus brokerage fee this makes it an expensive exercise.
Bart L.
Bart L.8 posts

False Hope

They have shifted us from a better software programe in Opentrader to a basic software which doesnt even show daily profits of your portfolio. A cramped up summary of it hard to track. The advertising bvefore the switch sounds like you getting a porsche but we have ended up with the most basic of basics programe on the asx and a charge on top for live data. Feel very duped and will shift away in time.
PCA
PCASydney, NSW7 posts

Marketech   DM

Sorry to hear you didn't like the new platform PCA. We designed it for serious/active traders so the market data took precedence, but due to the feedback we are now building some more portfolio features for the less serious/active.

gateau