McGuigan Zero Shiraz

McGuigan Zero Shiraz

1.6

Vinegar Awful Undrinkable

McGuigan wines are favourites, but not this vinegary thin concoction. There’s a fizz of gas opening the bottle - has it gone off? Surely McGuigan wouldn’t make this? Down the sink.

Purchased in February 2021.

euuggghhhh

Mcguigan is my usual go to wine, both red and white, so was really happy to find they did a zero alcohol content. I should have stuck with tap water it was awful, for a shiraz it was sooo sweet and tasted like vinegar, it went down the sink, what a waste of money.

Terrible

I am an avid bold red wine drinker and McGuigans provide excellent table wines at economical prices. I live in NZ and going to a BBQ I chose MG Zero Shiraz so I could drive home. The taste was a watered Ribena and vinegar mix. It smelt funny too. I put the glass in the freezer for a quick chill. It was still terrible. I think I had 3-4 sips and threw it away. How did this get past the sommelier or was it a corporate decision to corner the non alcohol market for Christmas. I have not bought MG "alcohol content" wines since and I think corporate should be made to serve this wine at future VIP meetings and dinners.

Purchased in December 2020 at CountDown Deals for $14.00.

Champagne & Sparkling Wines

Find out how McGuigan Zero Shiraz compares to other Champagne & Sparkling Wines

Disgusting

We are normally supporters of McGuigan wines, however, this is the most disgusting liquid I have tasted for many years. Being McGuigan drinkers we looked forward to an alcohol-free wine to have when out or for driving visitors to have and enjoy. What a disappointment this was, never again and unfortunately we had another bottle which was put down the sink.
Sorry, but there is nothing good I can say about this "liquid".
J.M.

Purchased in December 2020 for $5.95.

I had such high hopes

I love McGuigan Merlot and Shiraz. They are my go-to quaffing wines. I've tasted other Merlots and Shirazes at more than twice the price but they aren't nearly as good. I was excited when I found the Zero Shiraz. I do need a low or non alcohol wine from time to time. Perfect. Fortunately I only bought one bottle. Sadly, although it looked like wine, it smelt like peas and tasted like watered down Ribena. I'm so disappointed. How did this even make it to the bottling stage? I will continue my taste affair with the Mcguigan real deal and hope Mcguigan can one day produce a low alcohol wine that tastes like wine.

Purchased in January 2021 for $11.79.

Very poor product

I found this totally unacceptable as a product. Not only is it unnaturally sweet it also has a most unpleasant taste. Com on McGuigan, you must be able to do better than this.

Purchased in January 2021 at Morrisons (UK) for $4.00.

Tastes like rancid Ribena juice. Zero stars.

Tastes so good we poured it out. It is not often that I experience a product so poor that I am motivated to leave a review. You can make a cheaper representation of this at home if you mix 3/4 grape juice with 1/4 vinegar and leave outdoors during summer for a week.

Purchased in December 2020 at LiquorLand for $12.00.

Tony B.

Tony B.

Can't Recommend

Just sorry that zero stars wasn't an option. Horrible. Couldn't possibly recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in July 2020 at LiquorLand for $10.00.

H M M

H M MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a Shiraz but not that bad

Ok firstly - if you are expecting a big bodied Shiraz flavour - this is not your drop. It's much, much, MUCH lighter - maybe akin to Beaujolais Nouveau. It's not for the the "quel serieux" wine connoisseur because let's face it, they're probably not going to go alcohol free anyway, but it's not so bad I'd pour it down the sink by any means. A nice change from soda pop for those of us who prefer to go Alcohol free.

Purchased in May 2020 at First Choice Liquor for $12.00.

Champagne & Sparkling Wines

Find out how McGuigan Zero Shiraz compares to other Champagne & Sparkling Wines

Allison

AllisonSydney, NSW

Better than other alcohol free red wines

A good alternative for those who love to have a glass of wine without the consequences of over doing it. Agree with the other two, it’s sweeter more like a sangria.

Purchased in April 2020 at BWS Physical store for $12.00.

Kelly D.

Kelly D.Sydney, NSW

Sangria like and tasty

I just tried this and it’s great. Although it says Shiraz, I liken it to a sangria. It says to serve cold but I couldn’t wait to try it so I blitzed some ice and had it over ice. Not what I expected but what a great product!! I’m going to add fruit and have it like sangria!

Purchased in March 2020 at Red bottle for $13.00.

RRBJ

RRBJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not really what you think when you think shiraz

I know Shiraz is a grape but it also kind of infers a style, and this isn't that style. I cracked it open room temp as you would Shiraz - not nice - I read the bottle and it says best chilled - usual for what you think of as a true Shiraz. Chilled it reminded me maybe more of a Lambrusco but maybe even a touch lighter on flavor. I am not going to relegate it to the sink, maybe I will add a touch of orange juice and go Sangria style. The Zero Rose is nice, close to true.

Purchased in January 2020 at LiquorLand for $10.00.

Gazza

GazzaBrooms Head

Rubbish

This is zero alcohol, but taste like vinegar, don't waste your money.12 dollars a bottle, had one sip and poured it down the sink. I think anyone who has bought this would never buy it again.