VHPSydney, NSW

Poor customer service

They do not follow up on phone calls or email sent. The best part is that they then send me an email stating that they haven’t heard from us and will close the query within 7 days which have now passed.

ref:_00D90o3Ac._5006F2o1TMh:ref
#04380016

Ian G.South East Queensland, QLD

Will be leaving as soon as I possible can.

I was forced to Melbourne IT after they took over my previous hosting provider. Their servers are very slow and their support team is practically useless. They've been "migrating" my service to a new server now for over a week and it's still not correct. As a reseller, I have clients yelling at me now as a result.

Ian G.

Hi Malachi, With an average star rating of just 1.4 from 220 reviews, I highly doubt you can be of any assistance nor does the company actually care.

JOHN ATTARD

JOHN ATTARDSydney, NSW

GREAT SERVICE

I have been a customer of Melbourne IT since i can remember we have always received great service and attention to detail since the inception We have never had any issues

Stay away /

They took another payment from my account after I cancelled the service inline and attempts to get a refund have been futile as the offshore support call centre operators spin lines from script, like I will escalate your concern, they will get back to you in 2-3 days. I spent 2 hours on the phone. Not good enough, I know how long it takes to refund your money.
They review your cancellations after the next billing cycle. Do not get a website hosting with this company, you will have no control over any of it. Good news is I transferred my Domain registration away from Net Registry / Melbourne IT. These are sister companies. Save your self the pain. They have not refunded my money.

DhapirrkSydney, NSW

Tech support is really hit and miss

the support crew is a complete mix of incompetents and aces. It's the luck of the draw who you get. Wasted over a week trying to get my email working after upgrading to Business cpanel. Cost me literally days in waisted time..

Dhapirrk

Just looking through all the reviews here, they all saying the same thing ...total failure, endless lip service and no change.

Mick Kalha

Mick KalhaFyshwick 2609, ACT

Domain hosting

the Melbourne IT team was very helpful and was able to get me through a very tough transition for my domain and webmail. I did have to stay on the phone a lot but in the end it was all worth it and the Melbourne IT team was very polite throughout the process.

Customer AdvocacyMelbourne IT

Disconnect clients for non-payment even though they don't owe money

My service was affected a couple of days ago, i thought there were server upgrade issues as per notices sent advising of server migration. On calling customer support we discovered that some Dimwit in accounts has disconnected our service during the server upgrade works because they believe the quarterly account was unpaid. Hmm seems they are wrong account are paid up to date, bank statements verified and service still disconnected. No call back from the accounts team to explain or to fix. Its going to be a TIO complaint very shortly.

Robert N.
Robert N.

Paul A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

MelbourneIT "lost" a domain.

I manage a resellers account. I tired to transfer a domain to a client. MelbIT said TPP now administrates that domain (god knows why). Then TTP support says they do not admin it.

Paul A.

The support code for the account is 233174.

4f7977ab

4f7977abADELAIDE

Could not be happier!

My website design people made an incorrect entry in my domain settings and the problem was very quickly sorted by Netregistry's support staff. Compared to other support personnel (Telstra for example), Netregistry is way, WAY ahead.

Dave D.South East Queensland, QLD

Zero service!

Worst example of customer service I’ve ever experienced. After two emails (which they can’t find) & 5 phone calls over 10 days could get no meaningful response. Phone contact staff tried to assist but ZERO response from Administration staff despite my repeated requests for a response. Now lost my domain name after an auDA query to which MelbIT failed to respond. Avoid at all costs.

LostwebsiteNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Terrible Customer Service

A different story each time you ring - customer service people struggle to understand English.

They lost our website. Not sure how you can lose a website but its gone.

Will limit our exposure as much as possible with MelbourneIT as they are clearly a risk.

Get some support that you can escalate to in Australia if you don't want these bad reviews to continue.

Lostwebsite

No point - I've tried for 3 days to get a straight answer out of someone, after 7 different employees, all with a varying degree of understanding English, I gave up and rebuilt it.

Get some decent tech people.

Mike CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst support I have ever experienced

Mike C

Hi Hannah, how can I contact you directly?

Hans van de Zandt

Hans van de ZandtCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Service... does no exist outsourcing has been a terrible mistake

Service...? does no exist. Outsourcing has been a terrible mistake by management, its incomprehensible that a once good company has gone overseas for answering there queries whilst those lovely and kind people in the Philippines have had no training and just keep you transferring until your sick in the stomach and hang up! Management lost the plot!!

Simon M.

Simon M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible everything.

Multiple phone calls and needed to make a complaint in order to have a domain transferred away from these bandits. Costs with these guys are super high, service is super low.

K k.Sydney, NSW

stay away

incorrect invoicing. charging without invoicing the customer. Fraudulent behavior.
purchased domain names not appearing on the web console.
when trying to get help on the above, the accounts team is extremely unhelpful. worst customer service I have experienced in a long time.

K k.

i was using live chat to deal with the issue and the support tech abruptly disconnected the chat without providing a proper explanation

AnthonyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

abismal

Has been a month now with out my business website. Just wanted a name server change!! How hard can it be??!!!! Call centre difficult to understand with foreign accent and background call centre chatter.
Now in to 5th week and still no luck. Communication going round in circles and keep getting replies saying case is closed. Words cannot explain my frustration.

Anthony

Case number 04346061 Given up on initial request. Now I want an EPP code to transfer my domain to iiNet.

Chaz V.

Chaz V.

very bad company

after 20 years and all the changes this company is bad news...left them due to over pricing and no Australian person to talk to in Melbourne..all outsourced and can't complain,

NET REGISTRY CAN YOU RING ME TO HELP ME OUT

AlisonQueensland

Net Registry, Melbourne IT, and Telstra companies Scam

Alison

and the rebuild is to be at your expense too might I add!

Depends who you speak to

Would be good if some people realize not every body is IT competent and can be very daunting speaking to someone who knows what they are doing. This has been very frustrating as I don’t know what I’m doing. Had to ring three times then finally found Erika which was a great help.

Meg K.asked

I still haven't heard from them you told me that you were going to get to the bottom of my settlement and still nothing at all now I want 5000 and that's not even the tip of the iceberg that I've lost since this whole debacle happened?

HI Mary,

I am sorry that you have had no response to your settlement request. Could you please tell m your domain name? I can then see what is holding the response up sand have this expedited.

Stefanie

Lost one
Walkease.com

New one fromm MIT
walk-ease.com

Meg K.

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, Netregistry Support <support@netregistry.com.au> wrote:
Hi Meg,

Thanks for your patience over this period.

As we offered the AUD $2,000 I have requested for AUD $2,137.36 to be transferred to you. This is USD $1,500.

Once this request is approved, I will let you know and we can complete the transfer of funds and domain. The domain walk-ease.com is currently ready to transfer to your account.

Kind Regards,
[Name Removed]

The Melbourne IT Team

Cher M.asked

Is there any class action being organised against this company? How can they continue to operate with so many people so terribly upset and poorly treated?
Reading through the empty, vanilla responses from 'Customer Advocacy' it would appear no-one ever has anything positively resolved and it is all a waste of time and only re-opens the wounds.
What I would really like to know is what the relationship between Melbourne IT and Net Registry is. I have read various things... from MIT taking over NR to visa versa - so can anyone enlighten me on who owns who (and who should be getting sued)? I know MIT once had ethical practices, but obviously since aligning with NR those ethics are completely non-existent - so what is the reason?
Is there an intentional business strategy going on? Thoughts and facts much appreciated.

mbn

Not that I know of, but they are outright thieves. I have built a few webpages for my businesses over the years and initially maybe ten years ago they were ok but now they are totally dishonest.I still have some domains with them but seriously thinking may move to go daddy and drop them all together..forked out over 1k last year for a built by them webpage which has gone missing. Their IT call centre staff have no idea and seems like its all a scam now. They should be legally shut down.

Cher M.

Yes, I think I read that thread. I'm sorry that you and others are being treated this way. Why can't they just run an honest business? Are their products that poor that they can't make a profit by just doing good work?
I was interested in seeing whether there were ANY good reviews, and only found two.. both from the same time (about a year ago) and clearly written by a Melbourne IT employee (IMO as outsiders wouldn't use the terminology used). Apart from that, nothing. Wish I'd been aware there had been a change in management/ownership - I would never have trusted them.

mbn

i am pretty convinced their entire operation is online and managed by several different Indian itservice providers. It is in my opinion only a matter of time until it has no new customers.Problem is in the meantime its ripping people off.Until a year ago I would have used them.

Meg K.asked

I lost my domain name which I've had since 2005 I paid every year since then and have been with Melbourne it since 2011
I want to pay for it this last year and was told it no longer was mine I couldn't believe it I had a copy of the credit card receipt showing the payment made last year. For many many months of back-and-forth they finally admitted they made a mistake and we're very sorry to lose my domain name and they offered me some Alternatives I have built this website domain name and plan to use it as my retirement. Add insult to injury this company is at somehow got my domain name is offering it for sale at $56,000!
They're still trying to offer me alternative names and they also said that was probably want compensation exactly what I want he also said they were going to refund me my money that didn't happen what do I do now?

mbn

I have used them for ten years and honestly now I just think they are criminals.

Meg K.

Net registry contacted me and said they would help me out they gave me an offer and a new domain name similar to the one they lost and then they dropped off the face of the planet after asking for my bank information I keep emailing them but no response I can't even get into my dashboard

Get an answer from our members and Melbourne IT representatives