Excellent Support and Efficiency with enquiries and support

The technical support and efficiency handled by Kevin whom managed a few of my enquiries was excellent on all the occasions with back end support. My work requirements were addressed and actioned with efficiency and excellent communication. was a pleasure to deal with the Kevin at MIT

Very helpful!

In my three contacts with Melbourne IT support I now have webhosting and a domain sorted and a simple web page up and running. The people who helped were very supportive and knowledgeable.

Anton
Anton

Thanks Hannah, I appreciate it.

Wimmera Computers

Wimmera ComputersWimmera, VIC

This is perfect - can't live without it

I had a small problem with my email not working properly, it turns out I was using the wrong email settings and the people at Melbourne IT were fantastic is sorting out the problem. My email was working again within a very short time of calling the help desk.

Not listened to.

Over many phone calls, I was ignored as to what my simple request was. I was asked to supply details that our little gallery did not ever have. Latest email asked us to give the changes company name, etc. nothing about our simple request.

William

WilliamSydney

Web Hosting and Secure access - well supported

As far as web hosting and SSL certificates are concerned I have always had good prompt service and technical support from Melbourne IT. I have no been with them for many years and it is a please to provide an unsolicited comment on what they provide. Tim

PeterNorth Queensland, QLD

Never again.

Removed and cancelled my 2 domain names that I registered, but did not refund me after very POOR service, I am having the bank reverse their fraudulent charges. I will NOT be back, Lots of social media "Comments and backlash" will repay their poor service.

PET-5333

Thanks Peter,

Our Support Team will reach out as soon as possible and continue working to resolve all outstanding issues.

Adam VaughanSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service

Case number is 04555009

outstanding service by Ahmir, Jason and his associates:

Nigel AllenSunnybank Hills

Run Away!

Told that a client of ours was going to have their mail changed from managed exchange to Office365. Asked me to add a TXT record to the DNS and to change the MX record. Did this.
Customer then tells me that all domain mail is failing and they can't log in. I started calling Melbourne IT and NetRegistry and they tell me that "there is a problem with the migration" but they can't tell me what it is. Multiple times I have called in the last six days and multiple times they have "promised" to call me back. Nothing. Zero. Nada. Still no email. As much use as a chocolate teapot. Do NOT USE this company.

Case Number 04526105

Find out how Melbourne IT compares to other Services

my website and email was down for months,

my website and email was down for months, no one contacted me on progression and I still have not heard from the advocacy team as i have a big claim to make.

chris
chris
Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

this company is a scam

received no support and no communication until they charged us with 4 payments through our bankcard without any invoice
tried to request a cancellation with delayed support and not clear communication, after that we were told no refunded with fake proof that they have emailed us, which we never received any email.
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

ReverendOne

ReverendOneBRIGHT

Much Improved Customer Service

Today I had problems and made several calls to the support line. All were promptly answered and helpful. Problems are now resolved. This is a much improved situation than I remember from about 4 years ago.

Lina

LinaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

their service is a scam

lack of support, charged the money without warning, then using fake proof when asking for cancellation and refund. really inflexible the service, The response was delayed and not helpful.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Dick

DickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Netregistry Customer Care Hi Kindly reply to this email with DNS Contact Us Service Status

We were faced with a question by our IT man to put to our hosting service. It was pretty technical to us but your man painstakingly walked us through it.

Guy H.

Guy H.South East Queensland, QLD

Melbourne IT explained the process in easy to understand steps and did not use any jargon. Solved my problem in one phone call. Recommend them for domain hosting and IT services.

Find out how Melbourne IT compares to other Services

Inflexible and no common sense

An email recovery was spelt wrong from set up , obvious as spelling sun san, inline with all other paperwork, to rectify has taken 6 months and with no help from melb i.t

Graham

GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware

Renewed a domain we did not want a day early and charged us and then said there is no refund!!!!
Disgusted. Support is almost non-existant when you need it as well.

Daniel

DanielSydney

Beware of support and hidden fees

I needed support for an issue with DNS and no one was able to help me so I had to try different fixes. Then when you try to fix issues by yourself you find out they limit the number of changes to force you to upgrade your package and pay more. Stoping you from changing your own settings just to make more money is unbelievable.

4f7977ab

4f7977abADELAIDE

Top service again!

Almost never have had poor support from Netregistry. As an IT consultant I am fussy with the level of service I receive on behalf of my clients and it has virtually never been anything other than totally satisfying.

Thanks for the review!

It's great to hear our customers rave about the support they're receiving and even better when it's coming from an IT consultant themselves.

Annie C

Annie CSydney, NSW

Can't believe the difference in the service

Over the past year or so I was so close to closing my account. Whenever I had an issue I would have to sit on the phone for hours speaking to someone in an overseas call centre and one issue took a week to fix. Painful!! However, my last two issues have been so easy to resolve and the staff are all in Australia again... I had an email from the CEO a few months back detailing the changes he was going to make to the business and from my experience he's doing what he said he would do... Well done and keep up the great work.

Meg K.asked

I still haven't heard from them you told me that you were going to get to the bottom of my settlement and still nothing at all now I want 5000 and that's not even the tip of the iceberg that I've lost since this whole debacle happened?

HI Mary,

I am sorry that you have had no response to your settlement request. Could you please tell m your domain name? I can then see what is holding the response up sand have this expedited.

Stefanie

Lost one
Walkease.com

New one fromm MIT
walk-ease.com

Meg K.

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, Netregistry Support <support@netregistry.com.au> wrote:
Hi Meg,

Thanks for your patience over this period.

As we offered the AUD $2,000 I have requested for AUD $2,137.36 to be transferred to you. This is USD $1,500.

Once this request is approved, I will let you know and we can complete the transfer of funds and domain. The domain walk-ease.com is currently ready to transfer to your account.

Kind Regards,
[Name Removed]

The Melbourne IT Team

Cher M.asked

Is there any class action being organised against this company? How can they continue to operate with so many people so terribly upset and poorly treated?
Reading through the empty, vanilla responses from 'Customer Advocacy' it would appear no-one ever has anything positively resolved and it is all a waste of time and only re-opens the wounds.
What I would really like to know is what the relationship between Melbourne IT and Net Registry is. I have read various things... from MIT taking over NR to visa versa - so can anyone enlighten me on who owns who (and who should be getting sued)? I know MIT once had ethical practices, but obviously since aligning with NR those ethics are completely non-existent - so what is the reason?
Is there an intentional business strategy going on? Thoughts and facts much appreciated.

mbn

Not that I know of, but they are outright thieves. I have built a few webpages for my businesses over the years and initially maybe ten years ago they were ok but now they are totally dishonest.I still have some domains with them but seriously thinking may move to go daddy and drop them all together..forked out over 1k last year for a built by them webpage which has gone missing. Their IT call centre staff have no idea and seems like its all a scam now. They should be legally shut down.

Cher M.

Yes, I think I read that thread. I'm sorry that you and others are being treated this way. Why can't they just run an honest business? Are their products that poor that they can't make a profit by just doing good work?
I was interested in seeing whether there were ANY good reviews, and only found two.. both from the same time (about a year ago) and clearly written by a Melbourne IT employee (IMO as outsiders wouldn't use the terminology used). Apart from that, nothing. Wish I'd been aware there had been a change in management/ownership - I would never have trusted them.

mbn

i am pretty convinced their entire operation is online and managed by several different Indian itservice providers. It is in my opinion only a matter of time until it has no new customers.Problem is in the meantime its ripping people off.Until a year ago I would have used them.

Meg K.asked

I lost my domain name which I've had since 2005 I paid every year since then and have been with Melbourne it since 2011
I want to pay for it this last year and was told it no longer was mine I couldn't believe it I had a copy of the credit card receipt showing the payment made last year. For many many months of back-and-forth they finally admitted they made a mistake and we're very sorry to lose my domain name and they offered me some Alternatives I have built this website domain name and plan to use it as my retirement. Add insult to injury this company is at somehow got my domain name is offering it for sale at $56,000!
They're still trying to offer me alternative names and they also said that was probably want compensation exactly what I want he also said they were going to refund me my money that didn't happen what do I do now?

mbn

I have used them for ten years and honestly now I just think they are criminals.

Meg K.

Net registry contacted me and said they would help me out they gave me an offer and a new domain name similar to the one they lost and then they dropped off the face of the planet after asking for my bank information I keep emailing them but no response I can't even get into my dashboard

Get an answer from our members and Melbourne IT representatives