1.2

quick and efficient

Mary answered my questions,and was polite from start to finish,and followed up with corresponding emails ,now waiting for costs to move our domain,i recommend Melbourne IT to others,go for it

Quick, comprehensive and clear

Melbourne IT gave me some quick, comprehensive and clear answers to questions that I needed some help with. It was my only interaction with them, but it was a good one!

JDS
JDS

Toby R.Wimmera, VIC

Horrible customer service

Should be a football team - great at handballing. Overcharged on bills and can't arrange a refund. Had to rebuild the whole website myself. Please avoid at all costs. This company is almost verging on being a scam.

Toby R.

I hadn't even read the comments under this. Sounds like I'm going through the same thing. Hopefully, my issue gets sorted and not lost under the mountain of crap you are already dealing with!

Geoff S.South East Queensland, QLD

Atrocious response to a security breach on my account.

NickSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible - avoid

I have had the unfortunate luck again to have to deal with Melbourne IT. 12 months later the same problems - the offshore call centre is the absolute worst to deal with. Its taken them 9 days to update and SSL certificate that should take 1-2 hrs. Communication and follow up is non existent. I have made 3 calls today and a total of 11 calls in 7 days to get this completed. The customer service is probably the worst I have seen in any dealings with any company. Completely disorganized, no lack of urgency and do not care about the task at hand. This should be zero stars. Ref ticket #04235563

DaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst company to deal with

If I could have chose to review with NO STARS i would have!! Do not even think about joining them!! I have lodged a didspute with them and they refuse to answer my emails and discuss my concerns yet they keep trying to close the case!!!! Answer my questions!!!!!! You have the worst customer service I have ever come across!!

Please review case # 04104991
I have a woman by the name of Maria who just keeps sending me the same information and does. It reply to my emails! The only time she replies is when they try and close the case and I don’t let them!

Customer Advocacy ..Melbourne IT

Thanks for the information Dani! That sounds horrible I’m sure we’ll be able to do something about this.

I’ll look into that ASAP and let you know how I go through the appropriate support case.

Janet T.

Janet T.South West, WA

Similar experience, Support is non-existent and expect you to pay for their stuff ups.

They converted the website to Cpanel, transferred the emails.... now only 1 email works out of the three, no website ... and now No Cpanel.... Pooofff all gone. Relied on Melbourne IT for being in Australia, servers in Australia, and support in Australia now all changed and not getting much help. Has anyone else had similar failures with Melbourne IT ???

Jarret FoxMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awful leaving after 10 years of gradually worsening customer service......

Would leave a zero if I could. Migrated our services and websites they host from Cloud Hosting to C.Panel...lost our website, didn't correctly alter / update DNS records and as such I have no email or websites for three days!!! Ring up and find out they have only done part of the service alterations for the second time in three weeks....... will be looking for another provider for sure after this continuing lack of service......

Jarret Fox

Hi Stef, southadelaideglass.com.au. Now they want $150 to fix it!!!

Customer Advocacy ..Melbourne IT

Thanks for providing the domain, I will look into this and get back to you.

Stef

Gaz D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They Lose Domain Names!

This company is the worst - They lose domains! - THEY HAVE ONE JOB!
This company is the worst. They lost my domain name and admitted that they lost it and after almost 12 months of trying they will not reply to any correspondence. They are totally incompetent and they literally have no support - None. If you have any business with the get out because they cannot continue with this rate of service. My guess is that they are trashing the company and will roll it into their other business Net Registry. It is astounding how bad they really are.

I have also been on touch with others that have lost their domain names because this company screwed up.

Gaz D.

Sorry I have heard it a million times. I am not going to put domain details here. I just posted another ticket, about the 6th, #04162568 Call or don't call, I am going to war. I have had enough of Melbourne IT lies.

Jane O.Sydney, NSW

Inertia is the only reason I'm still here

This site is relatively cheap, local and I'm used to the average service and clunky site.

Sheesh, they don't even answer the phone or have a facility to leave a message.

Inertia is the only reason I'm still here, several years and hundreds of dollars later

Jane O.

... or don't really have the ability to follow through.

Bryce N.

Bryce N.

Customer Service is an unknown phenomenon for this company

Don't waste your time. They have been unhelpful, lacking information, and unresponsive when I've had the issue. I don't think they have any interest in assisting customers with free trials like advertised.

Customer Advocacy ..Melbourne IT

Poor hosting and even worse service

I have 2 x hosting accounts with MelbourneIT and I am finally tired of the terrible outdated hosting service and when you need support an email response seems to take a week, which makes it almost impossible to get anything resolved. My latest issue was that I realised the PHP version on my accounts has been EOL with no security updates for 18 months, when I enquired I was told that this could not be updated because the server I was on was about to be deprecated. This is poor to leave customers potentially exposed to security issues because you are planning on doing something one day. Anyway... This is the last straw and I am changing service immediately and I would not recommend these guys to anyone!

Customer Advocacy ..Melbourne IT

If I could give a zero rating I would. In my opinion I would stay away from Melbourne IT!

Melbourne IT is utterly useless in my opinion. I purchased an ssl certificate for two years duration, yet it expired after 12 months. I've been trying to have it reinstated, however there has been no positive action from them to correct his situation. I had a phone call from them two weeks ago where they advised they would correct this but no follow-up since. The ssl certificate expired over five months ago and my website is not secure - well done Melbourne IT! I've paid for a service that has not been delivered - the banks were hammered in the royal commission for this, so why does Melbourne IT get away with this type of non delivery when a fee has been paid?

David GubertSydney, NSW

Melbourne IT Suspended Email account

David Gubert

If your offer is genie and serious why not contact me via email !!!!! Oh right you suspend it !!!!
Or even better why not call me on my mobile if your interest is really CUSTOMER SERVICE . What poor response!!!!!!

David Gubert

Stefanie great how you included your contact details . Clever !!!!!

Fraudulent conduct by Melbourne IT

I have 2 domain sites registered with Melbourne IT. Both site were renewed on auto renew and direct payment and well before the renewal dates and the respective tax invoices for payment then issued by Melbourne IT. I then received notification of the domains being unpaid for and about to expire. Due to COVID-19 I can`t talk direct to customer support. On three separate occasions I have sent explanations and copies of the tax invoices and the only response I receive from Melbourne IT are the domain sites have now expired. My Company has been with Melbourne IT for more than 10 years and it looks like I am going to the ACCC and looking for a new domain hosting company. Buyer beware!!!!
Mark Freeman, Director BTS

david g.

david g.Sydney, NSW

Worst hosting service

The incentive approach by Melbounre IT to suspend my account when 20 days late with annual payment without any consideration or empathy for people who are struggling when lost work during these difficult times is an example of Melbourne IT priorities . I have had a history of poor technical service and customer service so this is the final straw . Look elsewhere if you want good technical service and customer support .
There must be other options . Do your research!!!

Customer Advocacy ..Melbourne IT

No response, no service, are they even there?

Attempted to contact them through email to see if they would renew my ssl certificate when I got a reminder from rapidssl 22 days before expiry, no response. No way to open a ticket through my account so no record that they have received contact. Got hold of the live chat with 14 days to go and informed them that they were not responding to emails. They could not help but said they would email the sales team themselves. No reply. Emailed them again. No reply. Apparently phone line support has been removed. My certificate has now expired, customers are not using website. Still nothing from Melb it. Avoid like the plague.

Scott MCentral Queensland, QLD

Looks like I am not the only one

Scott M

Hi Malachi, It has now been 14 Days, and have still not had any resolution.

JonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Deceptive practices - Beware, no, actually, Avoid

Jon

Thanks Malachi, I have responded to your message. I have no doubt it is an auto-renewal error, it was turned off and yet it appears that it managed to turn itself back on. Regards Jon

Customer Advocacy ..Melbourne IT

No worries, let's look into this I'll continue to work with you to get this resolved.

M-Uni

M-UniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Appalling Service!

Our domain name is paid for annually but we have email hosting with them which is paid monthly. My credit card was compromised so I obtained a replacement. I forgot to change the details on their system. They suspended my website! The website is paid for, no invoice outstanding. Appalling Practice, appalling service. And I don't expect any replies, of, "I'm sending you a message, let's work on this". I have bombarded you with messages overnight - fix the issue, DON't let it happen again and fix your internal processes to save someone else the irritation of having to explain to you how you CAN NOT suspend one service for non payment of another!

Meg K.asked

I still haven't heard from them you told me that you were going to get to the bottom of my settlement and still nothing at all now I want 5000 and that's not even the tip of the iceberg that I've lost since this whole debacle happened?

HI Mary,

I am sorry that you have had no response to your settlement request. Could you please tell m your domain name? I can then see what is holding the response up sand have this expedited.

Stefanie

Lost one
Walkease.com

New one fromm MIT
walk-ease.com

Meg K.

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, Netregistry Support <support@netregistry.com.au> wrote:
Hi Meg,

Thanks for your patience over this period.

As we offered the AUD $2,000 I have requested for AUD $2,137.36 to be transferred to you. This is USD $1,500.

Once this request is approved, I will let you know and we can complete the transfer of funds and domain. The domain walk-ease.com is currently ready to transfer to your account.

Kind Regards,
[Name Removed]

The Melbourne IT Team

Cher M.asked

Is there any class action being organised against this company? How can they continue to operate with so many people so terribly upset and poorly treated?
Reading through the empty, vanilla responses from 'Customer Advocacy' it would appear no-one ever has anything positively resolved and it is all a waste of time and only re-opens the wounds.
What I would really like to know is what the relationship between Melbourne IT and Net Registry is. I have read various things... from MIT taking over NR to visa versa - so can anyone enlighten me on who owns who (and who should be getting sued)? I know MIT once had ethical practices, but obviously since aligning with NR those ethics are completely non-existent - so what is the reason?
Is there an intentional business strategy going on? Thoughts and facts much appreciated.

mbn

Not that I know of, but they are outright thieves. I have built a few webpages for my businesses over the years and initially maybe ten years ago they were ok but now they are totally dishonest.I still have some domains with them but seriously thinking may move to go daddy and drop them all together..forked out over 1k last year for a built by them webpage which has gone missing. Their IT call centre staff have no idea and seems like its all a scam now. They should be legally shut down.

Cher M.

Yes, I think I read that thread. I'm sorry that you and others are being treated this way. Why can't they just run an honest business? Are their products that poor that they can't make a profit by just doing good work?
I was interested in seeing whether there were ANY good reviews, and only found two.. both from the same time (about a year ago) and clearly written by a Melbourne IT employee (IMO as outsiders wouldn't use the terminology used). Apart from that, nothing. Wish I'd been aware there had been a change in management/ownership - I would never have trusted them.

mbn

i am pretty convinced their entire operation is online and managed by several different Indian itservice providers. It is in my opinion only a matter of time until it has no new customers.Problem is in the meantime its ripping people off.Until a year ago I would have used them.

Meg K.asked

I lost my domain name which I've had since 2005 I paid every year since then and have been with Melbourne it since 2011
I want to pay for it this last year and was told it no longer was mine I couldn't believe it I had a copy of the credit card receipt showing the payment made last year. For many many months of back-and-forth they finally admitted they made a mistake and we're very sorry to lose my domain name and they offered me some Alternatives I have built this website domain name and plan to use it as my retirement. Add insult to injury this company is at somehow got my domain name is offering it for sale at $56,000!
They're still trying to offer me alternative names and they also said that was probably want compensation exactly what I want he also said they were going to refund me my money that didn't happen what do I do now?

mbn

I have used them for ten years and honestly now I just think they are criminals.

Meg K.

Net registry contacted me and said they would help me out they gave me an offer and a new domain name similar to the one they lost and then they dropped off the face of the planet after asking for my bank information I keep emailing them but no response I can't even get into my dashboard

Get an answer from our members and Melbourne IT representatives