Modern Group NSW, Sydney

2.8

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (32)
  • Purchase PriceA$9,000.00 (1)
  • Installation

5 Star company to deal with

From the first point of contact to the end product and installation, Modern and their team plus their installers have been a pleasure to deal with. Organized, prompt and professional

Neil McTernan

Neil McTernanSydney, NSW

Roof and Gutter restoration, excellent job

Totally happy with the work done (replacing gutters/down pipes and restoring the roof). Extremely happy with the dedication of the tradesmen (especially Mark the Roofer) who took pride in his work and this showed in the final results.

Top quality work.

Our roof was looking a little sad and needed a good work over. After the order was lodged we were phoned and told when the work would be started. Dan from the trade team rang a week before told us the day he and his team would start. They were there at 7:30 on the day nominated and completed the whole job by the end of the next day. They worked very hard for the 2 days and made a fantastic result of our roof. They cleaned up after they had finished and we were very pleased with the whole process. Our house looks bran new again. Thank you to the Modern Group.

Very happy,

Arlene and Bruce Bartlett.

Northmead NSW.

VinnieSydney, NSW

Best professionals at modern group roller shutters

It was so easy to navigate the Modern Group store to find what I was after.
I never had an issue with my roller shutters installed by the modern group roller shutter experts since installation when we moved into our brand new home in 2013. I would not go past the Modern Group to reinstall brand new roller shutters whenever we buy another home in the near future. Thanks Modern!!!!

Vinnie

Ask for Christine, production manager and all the team(Peter, Jane, Yuta and Greg) at Modern Shutters and be assured they will attend to all your shutter needs.

Friendliest bunch

Extremely poor after-sales service

Do not respond to phone calls - have to leave messages.
Do not get back and do not give a time frame for the service when they will fix the broken shutter. Very rude receptionist.
It's 6 months since asked to do repairs -still waiting.
Had to get local person to get it uninstalled as have no faith in the modern group to provide service. I will never recommend them to any person.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Very happy with installation and service

Please note that I had out door blinds installed and I was very happy with Alyssa who installed them, I also found Christine in the office to be polite and helpful.

Regards
Joanne Currey
Oran Park

Couldn’t be happier

We put on shutters to keep the noise and heat out and couldn’t be happier with the results. From the first appointment through to the final installation everyone was polite, helpful and punctual.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

could not ask for a better service

Our blinds were not installed by Modern but Gary understood how they worked and used his skill to fix the initial problem and then used his attention to detail to rectify the way the roller shutters had been originally installed - they are now operating as they should have been from the beginning. We were told by other installers that the problem Gary corrected was too expensive to fix, he took 5 minutes....

Sandra S.

Sandra S.Sydney, NSW

Excellent job

Very pleased with the work carried out, Sharn was terrific doing a thorough job and cleaned up everything as he went along. He informed us each day what he would be doing and was very polite and courteous. A great worker. Thank you so much.

Modern GroupModern Group

Hi Sandra! We are so pleased you've had a great experience and will be sure to pass on the kind words to Sharn! :)

Kind Regards,
CAS

Jodie C.

Jodie C.Sydney, NSW

Highly Recommend Modern

Modern GroupModern Group

Thank you Jodie! We will pass along your kind words to all our team. :)

Colin Mott

Colin Mott

WE HAD THE PROBLEM, THEY FIXED IT

We decided to put solar panels on the roof of our house. Before that was done I wanted the roof to be cleaned and renewed. I contacted Modern and from the get go it ran smoothly. I had a timeline for this to be done and Modern more then achieved that without fuss. The job was fully explained and carried out very professionally, cannot be happier. On completion of the job I rang the company twice only to be told that the person I needed to speak to was busy and that he would ring me back, to this minute I have not heard from that person. This made me feel that once they had my credit card details that thats where the customer service ended, my only gripe.

Nath M

Nath MSydney, NSW

Complete ripoff. I will never use or recommend Modern!

Was quoted 7k, for complete roof restoration. Replace cracked tiles, replace all ridges and re-bed, clean and paint entire roof. Payment was made, work was completed. Then, they inform me that none of the work I was quoted for and payed for needed doing and all they did was paint the roof! I proceed to debate the fact I had paid for what I was quoted for and I wanted that work done or some form of discount. They proceeded to argue that it didn't need doing and that I wasn't entitled to a refund. After much arguing to and forth, they refunded $250. I had quoted for painting the roof for $2500. What a complete rort! Never ever will I use them again.

Love them!

Darren was a fabulous salesman and that is why we chose to go with Modern Blinds- very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and obliging. Paul came out to instal the blinds and he tidy, efficient, helpful and accommodating.

Hi Lara,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear our team are providing great service, and have passed your message on to Darren and Paul. If we can help you with anything else in the future, please let us know!

Kyle M.

Kyle M.Sydney, NSW

Very Disappointed

Job Satisfaction

Guttering and fascia covering.

The fascia was covered and the guttering was replaced on my home. The result was excellent. Scott did a great job on the installation. Happy that they did work in my area because it can be hard to get contractors to work at Douglas Park.

Anna

AnnaIllawarra, NSW

Exceptional service

I had a problem with my shutters that were installed on the patio 3 years ago. I rang Jon At Modern Group he listened to my issues that I had and immediately dealt with the problem without any hesitation and I have had my shutters replaced with aluminium shutters. They are stunning. Jon had someone come out and inspect and within a few weeks my new shutters were replaced with no further cost to me. Thank you very much for being so efficient and for the great service I have received.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Phil D

Phil D

What a transformation

Having been in our house for 6 months we contacted Modern Group to restore our terracotta tiled roof. The ridge and roof tiles have been refitted and secured, the grouting updated and the tiles cleaned.

little academy

little academySydney, NSW

Very happy with the results

Very happy with the company's professionalism and end result. Would definitely recommend them for their roofing work. Pricing was competitive as well as I'd shopped around before going with Modern.

Mr M.

Mr M.New South Wales

Website is useless

When you go onto the website a pop up appears asking for your details, cannot even look at colour or size of shutters. To frustrating and not user friendly - Just like an annoying salesmen.

Hi Mr M,

We’re sorry to hear this, if you click away from the enquiry pop-up it takes you back to the page you we’re looking at!

Paul.

Paul.Sydney, NSW

Poor follow-up and communication

Arranged for a Quote on plantation shutters for the whole house. Darren came to our house and did the measure. He gave me a verbal indication of price and said he would email the quote in a couple days....never happened. I contacted him twice over the next week asking for the quote to be sent to me, was again told in a couple days but still never got it. Three weeks later now and still nothing.
Seriously Modern Group....is this how you treat customers wanting to spend around $20K??
Service was terrible compared to two other companies that came and quoted and eagerly followed up to try to get my business.