4.4

1,282 reviews
Newg

NewgHunter Region, NSW

Running a banking/budget service with NO SECURITY..!!!

Charge a premium for their service, meanwhile making millions on interest with everyone's money in their account...! Seems fair..!!!
Site/service gets hacked, everyone's personal details are taken, they will say there is no evidence that happened, but a service like this does not get hacked to edit a web page... how stupid does MyDud-get think people are..? No clarity or truth coming from them on the situation, consumer affairs are going to have a field day with this..!
#LIARS
#FRAUD
#NFG
#WTH

Paul C.

Paul C.South East Queensland, QLD

What a bunch of MUPETS

Endless phone call attempts, about 30 emails, left face book messages........ To date.... NOTHING.

MYBUDGET HAVE LIED
MYBUDGET HAVE DECEIVED
MYBUDGET HAVE MISLED

I don't know if they have had personal details lost, they won't tell us. It would be nice to have this information so we can PROTECT OURSELF.

Shelley

ShelleyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Mybudget saved us

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

MyBudget - corrupt, liers and thieves

MyBudget went down to weeks. It took them 4 days to make a statement about the system going down. 4 days. Then they stated that they had not been hacked. 5 days later they changed their mind and said they have been hacked. Full of deceit and no straight communication at all. Still refuse to answer the question if our personal information was stolen. Two weeks down the track and still can’t get through to them. Wait times on the phone 2-3 hours and then the line cuts out. What is happening with our money? I suspect that all of this is highly illegal.

I N J

I N J

Never received my money. My money could be anywhere, maybe someone elses pocket?

Thank you product review - Removed all negative comments

MyBudget removed negative comments from their social media posts but kept the positive comments... so trying to spin this to a marketing activity? Highly suspect and not very transparent. Do they think people won’t notice?

Even the replies here say they’ll provide fee relief... What $80? but how do people fix their credit ratings or explain to their kids they cant have dinner? People are asking friends and family for money to eat and they are embarrassed. They took that step and came to you for help...

Thank you for existing product review! Poor form MyBudget.

Janette

JanetteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy My Budget Client

Naomi Moran

Naomi MoranSouth East Queensland, QLD

We are now on the second week of not knowing where our money has gone from last week! It is hard enough as it is!

What is happening with My Budget!!? Where is the 1000 dollars I out into your bank!? Things are hard enough as it is without having to worry about where my mortgage payments and bills are!? If you are going into liquidation then say so so we know where we stand!

Garfield

GarfieldGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing, horrible.

The way mybudget have dealt with this recent outage is disappointing and horrible. I will be cancelling my membership as soon as the systems are back up and running again. I regret ever joining the service.

Kathleen

KathleenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Appalling

Appalled at how this company has handled the recent 'hacking' saga. You can not access your own money as the app is down, the phone system doesn't even ring so you can manually access your own money, there's no means of communication to get help to access your own money, it's a sad joke. Why this company hasn't compensated for the system outage, offered a 24hr phone service to help their customers access money and provide the service they're paid to do. Rediculous and very poor management of such an insident.

Emma

EmmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I regret ever joining my budget

It’s been over a week I’ve been trying to get contact with you, you know your systems will be down for quite a while and don’t advise not to have our wages go to your accounts, I have 4 kids and I think we might be going to bed hungry thanks to you yet you have all my savings and wages and won’t even reply to a damn email

MellitaPerth, WA

Absolute joke .

Staff cant understand basic requests.
Absurd amount of mistakes, they couldn't deal with small issues outside what ty e computer said.
No ability to give suggestions.
Incorrect bills paid , incorrect information taken even though we have it to them 5 times.
Actually increased my debt after stuffing up repayments.

Mellita

This has been looked after by the complaints team already and I'm still waiting an outcome.
Unless we are compensated for the additional costs we are submitting a claim in court.
We are also going to consumer affairs .

Faimaz

FaimazSydney, NSW

Not happy at all

Come on mate, it's been a week now, surely you have answers as to why your system is down, all our money is there and can't get access to any of it. You wrote an email saying to remember the important bills to ring up and you will manually pay it but the thing is, most of our important bills are the ones you guys are the ones that set up, therefore we don't know the account numbers. It's starting to get real frustrating when you can't access your own money.

Elissssa

ElissssaSydney

100 calls in 5 days, no answer.

Ems90Canberra 2600, ACT

Left with no money

I understand that they have been hacked but the way you have felt with it is shocking. I have received no money. Since you have all my funds I now have $4 to my name and no way to contact you as it is the weekend. You should have extra people on for phone calls on the weekend rather then your stand message that says to use the messenger section of your app which is not available at the moment. I have direct debits and bills to pay in the next few days not to mention being able to live and by food and petrol. I’m sorry but for a service that was amazing. I will be pulling out my funds from you as soon as I can. Your management of this situation is shocking.

Chris J

Chris JPerth, WA

A whole week of no access to funds!!! What a joke!!

Good service when working. I need funds and cannot get them. I am leaving as I can't even call or contact them as phone lines engaged. Go somewhere else.. they cant sort out their systems

Terrible

Don’t waste your time. They do nothing for you unless it is driven by the customer. Huge fees for a system that just ticks over. Or in this case, doesn’t

Mcks

McksGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unable to access funds for 6 days.

Cannot call, cannot access money, updates every 24hrs when initially promised to update ever 4hrs. No answers if our personal information has been hacked. Cannot access budget and payments for over 6 days and now in arrears.

Jo GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't do it

My budget have had a system outage since Sunday and I cannot get my money. I will not longer allow anyone to have my money again besides me. Try and work things out yourself people, it is not worth the stress.

survivor

survivorSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unable to access my funds or contact anyone at My Budget

They literally have all of my money and I can’t access any of it , it has been this way since at least Sunday , I’m disappointed that such a high profile company has such poor IT support

Shaunaasked

MyBudget

Does anyone know whether a cost is incurred for cancelling MyBudget’s services? The establishment fee has been paid off and I’m only paying the $48 per week account keeping fee now. Had to withdraw all money and have my income directed back to my own bank account so curious what repercussions exists if I don’t give a month’s notice (no point having my next month’s pay changed back to their account since it’s a month away now)

Ems90

I was told that once the establishment fee was paid you could pull out at no cost. They would be stupid to charge anyone at the moment considering the mess that is going on.

Shauna

I thought the same too, given the circumstances! Thanks for your response :)

Hi Shauna,

We will be implementing fee relief for the outage period and will have more information about the mechanics of that in the coming days. We will continue to update this page with the latest news: https://www.mybudget.com.au/system-outage-update/.

Toby S.

Toby S.asked

MyBudget

I usually get my grocery money on fridays, I've been trying to call my budget to get them to transfer it manually because of the outages. BUT the phone is busy ad their app and website is down. If i remember correctly they do not do payment runs on the weekends. What should I do if they can't answer my call? I don't know what I'll do over the weekend without the grocery money.

Jo G

Toby, I feel your pain this was me yesterday. I tried to call 86 times with an engaged signal until It finally rang at 6 last night but I was on hold for an hour and 6min. Once I got through I told them I wanted my entire pay transferred and I would no longer stay with them. Not to have access to your own money is an awful feeling. I woke up this morning to the money being in my bank and reassurance that I could afford things.
My suggestion, just keep trying to call, you may eventually get through. Good luck

Kate S.
Kate S.

iam also trying to get through so that they can manually put money in to my back i have been trying to call for 3 days now cant get through, does anyone have an email address or something please

Hi Toby,

I hope you are okay. We would really like to thank you for your patience and support through this situation and are truly sorry for how may have affected you. Now that our automatic systems are back up and running, all scheduled upcoming payments will be made automatically, as per normal. Any payments due during the outage last week have been manually reconciled against any manual transfers requested, and only those unpaid payments will now also be paid.

Please let me know if you have any other questions for now.

Jenasked

MyBudget

Should I be concerned that the My Budget outage has gone on for 3 days now?
I have always raved about them, but I'm now worried that maybe they are in financial difficulty and not saying. Generally a system outage is resolved quickly. I cannot get through via phone either and am concerned that I have no access whatsoever to my own money held with them. This is very unnerving

Serene T.
Serene T.

Hi Jen, I have worked for banks previously for many years. When I joined I knew that Westpac was the bank holding our funds so that made me feel very good about it. There is no chance that they have lost our money unless there was a significant problem with the bank itself which there isn't. I feel like potentially a problem has happened with their system where it has crashed and they have to rebuild it which takes time. That is my genuine feeling.
The reason I put my review up now was because I felt like there would likely be several bad reviews because of this and I wanted people to also see good reviews if they are considering joining when all is back online.
When I called to access my money today they were super helpful and very apologetic about everything. If it's not fixed by Friday I will have my next pay sent to my account so I can pay any of my bills that are due but I won't be leaving the service because I find it so great.

Jen

Thank you for your response.
I’ve always found them awesome...
But can’t get through on the phone to access anything.
Appreciate the reassurance and let’s hope it’s back up very soon

Hi Jen (and Serene),

We really appreciate your support through this. We have answered some commonly asked questions which you may like to read through here: https://www.mybudget.com.au/system-outage-update/. We have been working really hard to get everything back to normal and have been making significant progress.

Kind regards, Peter - MyBudget.

Get an answer from our members and MyBudget representatives