NAB Classic Banking

NAB Classic Banking

The worst transaction account ever

I have been banking with them since 2013 and they give the worst interest on this account so I would recommend opening a Choice account with Westpac for your spending but only with a handy card and getting a Global Currency Card just for travelling only.

useless online application

Applied nab classic transaction account online with driver license. Was quick.
Next day deposited money in branch. Then did some transactions.
a few days later, account was locked.
called the customer service number department to try to figure out whats wrong.
Was told only way to unlock is to go into branch to provide ID. Because I guess the online application was useless as it only took drivers license and nothing else.

Thanks mate. now I need to go branch again!!! You could of just ask for more ID during the online application process instead of wasting customers time in this back and forth process and locking up peoples money. Useless NAB

Bad start

I was a previous customer with this bank 15years ago. I returned to give them another go, it was the biggest mistake I ever did. I opened 2 accounts attaching a platinum visa card as it didn't charge me international transaction fees. Not even less than 5 days opening the account, I attended the Earlville branch requesting for my card to be activated, change my mobile and pin number. That same day I purchased several items from woolies only to have my card declined. I rang up and they told me my card wasn't activated and none of the original request I previously made with the original branch were honoured. 2 phone calls with the same problem on 2 seperate days when an operator from Melbourne told me I had to visit the earlville branch to rectify the problem. It was the biggest run around that I have ever conducted not to mention wasted days and phone calls and no one seemed to know who I was suppose to speak to. Nab you will never get my business again after this debacle.

Banking procedures

I received a cheque in the mail so had to go to the Bank to deposit it. No problem here BUT
It was a NAB Bank Cheque for a large sum and a Friday afternoon. still no problem BUT
The bank teller stated that the funds would not be avaliable for 5 banking days i.e the following Monday week (the 6th banking day) after deposit. I was taught by a bank were I had worked that a Bank Cheque was like cash ???
Also and it was a NAB Bank Cheque it appears they do not to trust themselves, when they issue cheques.
What is the Australian Banking System coming to. Even the Royal Commission into banking can't change an inbuilt culture that the customer must do everything by the laws rules but the banks do what they want.
Still waiting to see what the outcome will be...

Extensive call not so extensive

Waiting too long on calls. No proper facility to speak to someone. No follow up on the calls. More than 3 weeks and finally set up my nabk account and now my contact details are wrong. Canooy is internet banking as my sms code is going somewhere else and now i am stuck trying to call you. 23 mins wait already as i am typing this. very frustrating.

Some branch staffs don't seem trustworthy

We opened a new account today at Indooroopilly branch but the staff didn't give any paper. It doesn't seem trustworthy.

Pretty good overall

Good product overall with the debit card included for everyday spending.
I opened an account after trying to get a small loan from commonwealth and got rejected and NAB was offering the NiLS loan to pensioners.
My only gripe is their internet banking platform is basic and not very easy to navigate compared to the commbank. I hope they improve it.

Judgemental of people on Centrelink benefits.

I’m on a Centrelink benefit in addition to working part time and studying. I’ve had personal loans and credit cards from NAB in the past and have always been on time and reliable with repayments. I had paid them all off and a year later, with the same amount of income, I went to open a new credit card and the man I was speaking to told me I would most likely not be successful. When I asked why, he said it was because my Centrelink money was supposed to be spent on essentials like food, rent etc. I felt humiliated and asked to speak to his supervisor. The supervisor informed me my Centrelink payment could cease at any time if I was deemed ineligible and the tone of voice was unpleasant and they appeared disinterested.

I’m not really sure how that’s different from paid employment which could change at any time too if a persons circumstances or the business circumstances changed.

I said I would like to close my accounts as the tone of voice and say I was spoken down to was very unpleasant.

I’ve since changed banks and won’t ever be banking with NAB again - during my banking with them I paid off 3 personal loans and a credit card and for them to speak to me in that manner was humiliating and degrading.

Time for a change!

I have had a nab account for years and use it overseas as well. I recently had to rush to UK because my Dad was dying and literally dropped everything and left. The last thing on my mind was ringing the bank to tell them I had left. Once over there they blocked my card so I was left penniless. I rg my hubby but the bank wouldnt talk to him and said to rg the emergency number on the card which i did. The so called emergency number had a recorded message saying the bank was closed!! When I got back I put through a complaint which to date noone has responded to. If they took the time to go through my card history they would see i use the card frequently overseas. I understand the security and of course appreciate it, however, sometimes common sense needs to prevail in emergency situations. There is a 7 hour time difference so not being able to contact them on the ‘emergency number’ is something they need to review. They had verbal info from my hubby I was over there in an emergency situation but they made my life harder not easier.

To much time.

I recently applied for a credit card at a Nab branch. They told me it will take maximum five working days. So the sixth day i gave the Nab online service a call but they didn't receive my documents and advice me to go back to the branch, so i when back and the lady that served me said that she can see the email and she got a response back that she needs to speak with one of the credit managers but the weird thing is that Nab does not have any in any store. Eventually they called back and told me that everything is fine. My only consideration is that if i didn't step in my file would be still stack somewhere in Nabs system.

Now after six weeks and nothing yet. After giving them one last call a lady called back and they want me to send more document's. I told them i had enough and i don't need your credit card.

Fast Payments is Perfect!

Not only is the NAB customer service outstanding, they are currently the only bank I deal with that has actively promoted fast payments, meaning I can send/receive money in under a minute! Most banks overseas already offer this, however NAB is the only bank locally that I've seen offering this to customers!

Terrible. Changing banks

I have been with nab for nearly 11 years... I had the opportunity to overdraft $50 each month. Suddenly the option has been taken from me with no notifications or anything. And I have also been having issues with small amounts of money being held from my account for 24 hours then suddenly appearing in my account balance later. Example, I made a purchase yesterday of $6 and I had $10 left in my account, as soon as transaction is made my bank says i have $0 in my account then the next day the $4 that went missing has appeared again. ONE WORD - DODGY

Awseome service

NAB are always very helpful and nothing you ask them is ever an effort, when it comes to standard transaction account would not choose anyone else

Customer service outstanding

Customer service was amazing , very helpful and when I had issues staff supported me though the process to get required outcome ..New customer so far outstanding

NOTHING CLASSIC ABOUT IT

Had this account for a few years - Had up to $2000 in account and in one month got 1 cent interest. No such thing as one cent. Buy a small item at a shop, using my money and get slugged a one dollar fee. I get slugged one dollar, but the bank give me 1 cent. Not good enough NAB

Calling for help since 3 years - still NAB can't help

My problem: I don't receive the SMS confirmation when I do a funds transfer to a third party account using the NAB iOS app.
Story: Since about 3 years I have made numerous calls, talked to the same number of different people. Every NAB officer takes about 5-10 min just to understand that I am not talking about my SMS reminders, but the SMS confirmations when I do funds transfer. Everyone thinks I am stupid and gives the same answer - "May be you are not checking the box just before finalizing the transfer".
I have tried everything they asked me to do - try again, reinstall the app, re-enter the phone number, try again, send secure mails through online banking, wait for us to escalate this to tech team, wait for a few days for a call back, try again (yes again)... etc
I decided to write this review after I made another call recently as I did not receive any call from NAB as I was promised the previous time. This time the man virtually admitted that nobody in his team or the tech team knows how to fix it and suggested (again) that I could be doing something wrong - so now I have to go to a NAB branch and transfer funds to a third party in front of a staff, and show them what I am doing. He is saying that's the only way I can understand what am I doing wrong. NAB refuses to agree my method is correct and that this is a technical issue.
I've been a NAB customer for 5 years now, I've been transferring money for the same time. But there's no way they can fix such a simple issue. And when I look at other people using other bank apps, I feel like NAB is right - may be I am an idiot sticking to NAB for so long.

Deposited $660 over 1 week ago has not been credit to my account..will never bank through post offic

Very disappointed with customer service no support at all..need money for bills etc..have made numerous calls..to the customer service number..find my money please

Post office in the wrong here..they should be responsible for their branches computers. .gone into cyber space..come on..I hope fraud is not involved here..Australia Post..step up and find our money..Wow..posted these comments last night very late....voilà. ..money in after 1 week and 2 daysSorry to hear about the poor experience you had with depositing funds at the post office Donna, it's great to here the funds have credit your account now - if you need any further help pls email us at social.media@nab.com.au ^TC

cant change of address & sho no balance in your mobile app?

Your mobile app shows thay you dont really care about your customer, u dont show any balance, why? so we dont monitor?? Cant change of address either. Do you really care about your customer or just at least u have mobile app too like any other banks?

Hi Sesw, you can view the balance for your accounts on the mobile app on the main screen once you login - you can also set up quick balance so you don't even have to log in to view it which can be handy. In regards to your address, you do need to access the full website through your browser to update or give us a call on 132265 ^TCI want to see the history balance not ending balance for my security, about change of address, why dont you Try Yourself via full web before reply, thanksI see Sesw, I've passed your feedback to the mobile team for future consideration - to view a running balance you'll need to log into the full website, in regards to updating an address, if it's overseas or a P.O. Box you'll need to give us a call on 132265 or +61386419083 ^TC

Couldn't change the address

I moved to new house and changed the address, still the letters are mailed to the old address. the funny here is, the new house is my own house which is mortgaged with NAB and they send the address to old address.

not good with phone numbers

cannot change my mobile number and cannot get internet banking to register. waste of time going in there and explaining the same thing over and over again.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH