NAB Visa Mini

NAB Visa Mini

Slashed 11 interest free days, bye NAB!

I opened this account in 2006 or 2007 as I wanted the miniature card, cash back and choice of card colour. Over the years, the benefits have been stripped back (miniature card discontinued when chip cards introduced, cash back percentage halved, annual fee increased) but now they're closing all NAB Visa Mini accounts and forcing us onto the NAB rewards classic credit card. This means no more monthly cash back! They've graciously offered to waive the ninety five dollar annual card fee (we previously paid $49 P.A.)

But wait, there's more!

They've also reduced the interest-free period from 'up to 55 days interest free' to 'up to 44 days interest free' and that, right there is the deal-breaker for me! I know that this probably means the other banks will follow suit, but I'm out!

I hope everyone votes with their feet, there are plenty of good deals out there!

Bye, NAB!

Good

the concept and application of this card is good and anything that illustrates a banker being user friendly is good marketing and makes me feel all warm inside. At the end of the day it IS a credit card
thinking outside the square - a keyring sized credit card -cool, perhaps a little sexy - discrete and useful
little cards cannot go into atms, but you also get a fullsize one as well.

Good

Good for those who are not seeking any specific rewards and is one of the best value for money for average spending provided you pay the bill in full evey time else you would be paying huge penalties.
- Very low annual fees of $24
- upto $120 cashback.
Monthly spend Monthy Yearly
500 2.5 30
1000 5.0 60
1500 7.5 90
2000 10.0 120
High interest rates
Credits are reflected the next day while debits the same day. This is probably an issue with the NAB banking system.

Bad

I like the visa mini but as i said i think its a waste for the smaller card. Plus the interest rate is way to high. But the visa mini now has been discontinued
Good customer service, very easy to read statements, Cash back!
Interest rate is high at 19.99%. The small card you receive with the larger card is a waste because you can't use it any where.

the nab visa mini is a great credit card for most uses and it offers a very low interest rate (13.--%p.a) they offer great customer service. would highly recommend
very low interest rates, great for people who do not use there credit card alot and have low balances, low annual fee, good customer service, easy to read statements

Good

The main things that attracted me to this visa card were the annual fee and cash back each month. Because of my spending style the cash back each month pays for the annual fee and also gives me extra money. The mini card is cute but I used it for all my transactions and after approximately 1 year it broke. The customer service and the National Australia Bank has been very good at the branches but the call centre staff need a lot more training. Overall I think this card is good if you pay your balance off each month.
Low annual fee and cash back each month

OK

A credit card from nab marketed to the younger crew. Used to come with a cute mini card - they are phasing this out now as it will not take a "chip". You get cash back on your spending but only up to $10 a month. Annual fee is $19. No flybuys on this card
The annual fee is very low - under $20. Long interest free period - up to 55 days. Cash back on spending
the cash back is capped to $10 a month so if you put large amounts through the card you will only get cash back up to the $10 cap

Bad

I think it is more of a fashion accesory rather than a practical card and I would advise anyone who uses the visa mini to always have another form of payment on them whether it be another card or cash like I said it is not able to be used everywhere.
It interest rates are really good and it is a pretty cool little card these are so tiny and cute. I like that they give you the $120 a year bonus which kind of pays for the annual fees.
It does not work everywhere you can not use it a woolworths and it is so small it would be really easy to loose.

Good

good card, found NAB great to deal with. only problem would be interest rate...but with the CASHBACK scheme on card make you feel better about having one!!
cool accessory pack that the girlfriend loved...having smaller card to attactch to phone and normal size for wallet is convient
interest rate......costs $20 to change colours

OK

i was really attracted to this card because it was so cute and i love cute things. i have a $500 limit on this card and it's mainly my buying over the internet card. You can also get this card in lots of colour or even a full size card if you want to use it in atms
the yearly bonus is good, and its so small and cute. The annual fee is pretty cheap.
it a bit small, can get a bit lost in your wallet amongst all your other cards have to go and dig in to find it sometimes. Because it's small can't use it on atm machines

Good

Overall i believe that this card is great as the fees are not too high, you get great customer service and they come in many different colours which may appeal to different people.
One of the first pros that I can see is that the fees can be as low as $19. As most people hate fees, this is not high at all especially considering the great customer service that comes with this card. Another pro is that this card is small so you don't have to have a huge wallet to put it in.
I can not think of a con about this card, they are quite good.

Good

If it is not because of poor availability of its call center, I would have given NAB Minivisa 5 stars. It is a great card for someone who has monthly spending around $2,000 and always pays full his/her credit card. With a low $25 annual fee, you can get 0.5% cash back the following month (capped to $10 per month). It is simple and straightforward, no need to accumulate any reward point.

The website is excellent with BPay capability for future-dated bill payment. You can choose to receive paperless online statement and the statements are stored electronically for 7 years.
Low annual fee ($25 p.a).
Straight forward reward: 0.5% cash back up to $10 per month.
Cute mini card.
Excellent website with full BPay capability and online statements.
Cash back is capped up to $10 per month.
Poor call center. I had to wait more than 20 minutes in 3 out of 5 calls

Good

I applied NAB Visa Mini when it was promoted at 1% cash back, but unfortunatelly a few months after I used it, they reduce the cash back to 0.5%. It made the card less interesting.

An approved applicant will receive 2 cards: a mini card and a standard sized card. The mini card is really cute. However the silver colour card looks like a cheap bus ticket covered with aluminium foil.
Low annual fee. 0.5% Cash back up to $10 per month. No extra cost for additional card holder. Up to 55 days interest free period.
Cash back was 1%, now it's been reduced to 0.5%.

useful for internet use as no machine recquired to use. I have a limit of $500 on mini card so can also use for quick emergencies and purchase on internet
small and convenient for wearing around neck a good second card. Comes with bigger card to swipe with
easy to lose

Good

Well this is the ultimate 'toy' card. The mini is a bit useless as it cannot be used in ATM's, but at least you can use it in swipe machines in an emergency. I bit gimicky, but still looks cool to whip out the mini - a lot of people ask what it is!
How cool is the mini card?!?
Mini card can only be used in basic swipe machines

Good

Love the card-its joined my collection of credit cards....
I love this card. The annual fee I'm paying now is only 19 bux. Being female I like all the little things and it was throughtful of NAB to give me accesories with my card like a safety clip, a long strap, phone attachment and a card cover. The phone attachment is useful for all those people who lose their cards but dont lose their phones(LOL)
nothing yet-only if they rase the rates