4.5 from 2,147 reviews

1,632

jo64

jo64Hunter Region, NSW

A big fat scam

Just another scam disguised as a 'bargain'. I bought tickets to a concert and got a $100 naked wines voucher, but when i went to claim it, i was disgusted by the highly overpriced wines i had to choose from and when my order came in at under $100, the site told me YOU NEED TO ORDER 5 MORE BOTTLES. JUST ANOTHER SCAM AIMED AT BLEEDING YOU DRY

tcoadel

tcoadelAdelaide

Like the concept but not the obligation.

I was speaking to someone about Naked Wines and I was impressed by the concept of supporting small producers so thought I would jump on and order a few to try. Not interested in signing up but that is fine as you can buy by the case. However, when I got to the checkout and realized I could only purchase by storing my credit card details with the company I was out. Far too great an obligation. In the world of PayPal etc. it seems very shortsighted. So I have not ended up trying and won't unless this arrangement changes.

Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service when dealing with delivery hassles.

FrankSydney, NSW

Yes Naked Wines $40 deal is a scam

jmb

jmb

Fabulous quality wines, prompt delivery and great value

We have ordered from Naked wines for a couple of years now. We love the quality and always get a great deal. Cant fault them actually. Delivery to your door too, whats not to like

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Glad to hear you think our wines are fab, Jmb! Thanks so much for sharing your 5-star feedback with us. We really appreciate your loyalty as an Angel customer.

Scammed

Just realised I have been scammed out of $40/month with nothing in return. I took up a free offer but did not willingly give permission to keep taking money. Not only this, they keep changing their name on the transaction description. Eg credit card statements from:-

Naked Win sydney
Naked Angel Sydney
Naked Wines Australia Newport
Beware of this deceptive scam.

As there were other similar credit card amounts for other legit reasons it was easy to miss.

Not to mention the wines was not great so remember making a decision not to continue.

Wayne

Wayne

Awful wines at a steep price

Kate

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed

Love the concept, but didn't have a good experience. Ordered a dozen mixed, mediocre is an understatement. Didn't expect them to be amazing, just drinkable and an opportunity to try some new Australian wines.

Like others, I got caught out with the automatic $40 monthly subscription, details of which can only be found in the fine print (i.e. it's not stated anywhere in the body of the emails I received after my initial purchase, or in my profile/account on the website). Yes, you should always read the T&Cs, that doesn't change the fact that this is still blatantly sneaky. This was immediately cancelled and refunded when I rang the customer service number.

Seriously underwhelmed by the quality of the wine and my overall experience.

Leyla C.

Leyla C.Perth, WA

Blown away!

I can not get over how great naked wines is... And I've only just started. I used a voucher to get .y first box and I had a small issue with the website, I called them up and was helped so easily. I was also advised how the angel part works and even though at first I wasn't sure after reading more about it I feel like it is absolutely a great idea. Even better I ordered my box at 8am perth tim and it arrived by 2pm the same day!

Thank you naked wines... a bottle of white is already in the fridge ready to try!

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Hey Leyla, we're so thrilled to hear that you've joined the Naked community. It's so amazing to hear that you also enjoyed our customer service, we will be sure to pass this amazing 5-star feedback to the team.

Thanks for your support!

ZScott

ZScottPerth, WA

Sensational wines for taste and value

I love a red and nowadays do all of my purchases from naked wines. Great taste, great value. I cant say much more other than I recommend all wine drinkers

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Hello ZScott, thanks so much for the awesome 5-star review. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying our wines. We really appreciate your support!

A very happy customer

I have been drinking naked wines for over 5 years and really enjoy the wines, and love to support the winemakers. I initially received one of the discounted cases of wine, but it was clear to me that I would then have money deducted from my account which was mine to spend on wines of my choice when I wanted, but that this certainty of financial commitment allowed wines to be made. I am also able to cancel at anytime but have found it to be a worthwhile and highly enjoyable purchase. They have a great and growing selection of wines and some amazing winemakers.

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be careful

I ordered wines from Naked Wines after receiving a gift voucher with a product I purchased for my pet. The wines were very good. Fast forward and I was mentioning this to an acquaintance and they warned me to check my bank account because Naked Wines had been deducting $40 from their account for almost 2 years before they realised. I went home and checked my credit card and they had been doing the same to me. I never authorised any such payment so be careful before purchasing anything from Naked Wines.

Silver F.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great concept to help our wine industry, BUT.......

Silver F.

As promised, our money was promptly returned to our bank account within 2 business days. Thank you Naked!

Naked WinesNaked Wines

No worries, Silver. Thank you so much for letting us know. We're again very sorry about the initial miscommunication.

Excellent service

Naked wines have been excellent value for money and I am satisfied with their product!
I didn't read the fine print when I signed up and had $40/month deducted from my account for 2 months. I wanted a refund of this money I can't afford at this time and was worried based on previous reviews, that this would be a hassle to get back. Spoke with Sue from customer service, she was prompt, friendly and able to process my request with no troubles at all! Will be a returning customer in future! :)

I am being robbed

I've asked to STOP taking money from my account and they still keep taking the money
How can I stop this robbery???
This situation should be looked at by the consumer affairs because this is a disgrace
Naked Wines is a Scam with no boundaries or respect for the so-called "customers"

Regarding: Don't use aggressive language, well, stop robbing me!!!!

Smithy

SmithyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I'm a happy naked customer

Those who are calling this a scam obviously didn't read the fine print... it was very clear to me that I was signing up for a monthly deduction, but I thought I'd give it a go as it was also very clear that you could cancel anytime. I was very impressed with their selection, quality and service. So I have been enjoying great quality wines for about 3 years now.

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Hey Smithy, thanks for this awesome 5-star review. We're so thrilled to hear that you are enjoying Naked Wines, we really appreciate your loyalty over the years. Thanks again!

Loanne NewmanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gimmick voucher

They send our gift voucher $100 but it’s a gimmick as they still make you pay at least $40. They don’t let you have another option to buy and have to buy a package so you ending up paying even though you have a voucher

Loanne Newman

no terms and conditions were sent out with voucher.

Michael B.

Michael B.South East Queensland, QLD

An Excellent Service!

I purchased 12 bottles after receiving a $100 discount code with my HelloFresh meal delivery. After reading numerous negative reviews, I promptly cancelled my Angels subscription (which was automatically added to my order without my consent), and sent an email to verify that I would not be charged anything more than what I had agreed to. I appreciate the comments criticising this deceitful practice.

I usually only drink red wines, so I took this as an opportunity to experiment with some that I would not order out. I have been very pleased with my wine and will consider purchasing again.

Philip

PhilipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

2 vouchers with exactly same code and password

Got the 2 vouchers on 2 separate orders from Book Depository online Bookstore.
Thank God I read the reviews on product reviews.
I noticed the 2 vouchers are exactly the same (same code and password) as in the attached photo.
Definitely a SCAM

joan L.

joan L.Sydney, NSW

I want my $40 back!!!

Kylie M.

Kylie M.asked

Charging my credit card for items I have not ordered not happy

Barbs

If you are not happy, ring/email Naked Wines and have a chat. Previous to signing up, I read all the reviews, read Naked Wines documentation, and was totally aware of the process. I have not had a problem at all and get excited when I have enough in my "stash" to order another case of beautiful wines to try.

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Hello Kylie, we're so sorry to hear that this payment has come as a shock. It appears that you have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. As stated in the T&Cs, purchasing one of these cases does sign you up to our Angel program. Our program does, however, allows you to cancel at any time and issue a full refund, so we can most certainly process that for you. Please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately.

We're again very sorry about the miscommunication, and we look forward to hearing from you soon to sort this out.

(Cheers, Barbs for jumping in!)

Alis J.

Alis J.asked

was just about to use "$100 voucher" thanks to all for heads up ....SCAM

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Hello Alis, we're sorry to hear that this is your initial impression of us. We would like to assure you that we are not a scam at all. Here at Naked, our customers support independent winemakers in return for exclusive access to delicious hand-crafted wines at insane prices. We call them Angels. Angels put $40 a month into their Naked Wines piggy-bank to then spend on whatever wines they like, whenever they like. In return for their support, they receive 25-50% off exclusive wines, monthly free samples and more. This then helps us fund talented winemakers to follow their dreams!

We're an incredible community of winemakers, Angels, and staff and we would love you to give us the opportunity to show you. If you wish to know more or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out via emailing us chat@nakedwines.com.au or calling us on 1300 898 677.

Barbs

This is how I was introduced to Naked Wines, did my research first and then ordered my first case of beautiful wines. Again did full research prior to deciding to become an Angel and become very excited when I have enough in my account to order another case. I am super excited by these wines as they do not tend to give me a headache. Woohoo.

Lucia B.

Lucia B.asked

How do I cancel subscription?

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Hello Lucia, we're sorry to hear that you no longer want to be an Angel. Here at Naked, we have a very flexible cancelation policy where you can cancel and request a full refund at any time. Please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately!

Get an answer from our members and Naked Wines representatives