Naked Wines
4.5 from 2,138 reviews

Sensational wines for taste and value

I love a red and nowadays do all of my purchases from naked wines. Great taste, great value. I cant say much more other than I recommend all wine drinkers

A very happy customer

I have been drinking naked wines for over 5 years and really enjoy the wines, and love to support the winemakers. I initially received one of the discounted cases of wine, but it was clear to me that I would then have money deducted from my account which was mine to spend on wines of my choice when I wanted, but that this certainty of financial commitment allowed wines to be made. I am also able to cancel at anytime but have found it to be a worthwhile and highly enjoyable purchase. They have a great and growing selection of wines and some amazing winemakers.

Hello Mongoose, thanks so much for the 5-star review. We're so happy to hear that you're a loyal and happy Angel. We can't thank you enough for your support. Don't forget to keep rating your wines on our website so we can build your taste profile. This will not only help us recommend you better wines, but it will help new Angels decide which wine to choose! Thanks again for the awesome review, Mongoose!

Be careful

I ordered wines from Naked Wines after receiving a gift voucher with a product I purchased for my pet. The wines were very good. Fast forward and I was mentioning this to an acquaintance and they warned me to check my bank account because Naked Wines had been deducting $40 from their account for almost 2 years before they realised. I went home and checked my credit card and they had been doing the same to me. I never authorised any such payment so be careful before purchasing anything from Naked Wines.

Hey Sarah, we're so sorry to hear that this payment has come as a shock to you. It appears that you may have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. As stated in our T&Cs, purchasing one of these cases does sign you up to our Angel program. If signing up wasn't your intention, our cancellation policy is very flexible, where Angels can request a full refund and account shut down at any time. If you would like us to process this for you please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 and we will sort this out for you immediately. We're again very sorry about this miscommunication, and we do hope this doesn't deter you from wanting to join Naked Wines. We're an incredible community of Angel customers, winemakers and staff and we would love for you to give us the opportunity to prove that to you.

Great concept to help our wine industry, BUT.......

We were given a voucher to purchase wine from a caravan park booking company chain, we thought it was a freebie, to keep us signed up with the booking chain, but after ordering the wine, we were charged $60, which to be fair was good value so be went on with the purchase.
The wine was delivered, although a day late and a sneaky delivery fee charged.
We haven’t sampled the goods as we are away for the winter.

However, we inadvertently signed up for a monthly fee of $40.
We are pretty savvy financially and computer literate, but we got caught. It was very well hidden.
I rang the Naked Wine number, got put on hold, then requested a call back, which never came.
Emailed them, got an automated reply, eventually got a reply to say our subscription would be cancelled and money refunded, but in the mean time, I remembered my login password, and found it very simple to cancel our subscription, which they promised would stop, and any money paid would be refunded. Yet to see it as this only happened yesterday.
So the moral of our story is,

1/ You get nothing for nothing.

2/ ALWAYS read the fine print.

3/ ALWAYS remember your login passwords when signing up for this type of thing.

4/ Keep a vigilant lookout on your bank statements, preferably use e banking for instant access.

Hello Silver, we're so sorry to hear that there has been a lack of quality customer service here. We can assure you this isn't the usual experience customers receive at Naked Wines. We're also really sorry that the sign-up condition wasn't clear enough in the T&Cs of the sign-up case. As you have already discovered, our cancellation policy is very flexible where you can request a full refund and account shut down at any time. We're are extremely apologetic about the delay with processing this request. However, as previously mentioned, this isn't the usual service our customers receive. Your feedback is very important to us so we really appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. We do hope this initial encounter doesn't deter you from giving us another try. We are an amazing community of Angel customers, winemakers and staff, and we would love you to join!As promised, our money was promptly returned to our bank account within 2 business days. Thank you Naked!No worries, Silver. Thank you so much for letting us know. We're again very sorry about the initial miscommunication.

Excellent service

Naked wines have been excellent value for money and I am satisfied with their product!
I didn't read the fine print when I signed up and had $40/month deducted from my account for 2 months. I wanted a refund of this money I can't afford at this time and was worried based on previous reviews, that this would be a hassle to get back. Spoke with Sue from customer service, she was prompt, friendly and able to process my request with no troubles at all! Will be a returning customer in future! :)

Hey Rachael, thanks so much for the awesome 5-star review. We're so thrilled to hear that you are enjoying our customer service. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to Sue! We're also thrilled to hear that you may join up again as an Angel customer. We looking forward to it!

I am being robbed

I've asked to STOP taking money from my account and they still keep taking the money
How can I stop this robbery???
This situation should be looked at by the consumer affairs because this is a disgrace
Naked Wines is a Scam with no boundaries or respect for the so-called "customers"

Regarding: Don't use aggressive language, well, stop robbing me!!!!

Hello Jose, we're sorry to hear that there has been some sort of miscommunication. It appears that you may have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. As stated in the T&Cs, purchasing one of these cases does sign you up to our Angel program. If signing up wasn't your intention, we do have a very flexible cancellation policy where you can request a full refund and account shut down at any time. If this sounds like something you would like us to process for you, please reach out with your account details via email (chat@nakewines.com.au) or phone (1300 898 677). We sincerely appologies that these payments have come as a shock to you, and we look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible so we can sort this out for you.

I'm a happy naked customer

Those who are calling this a scam obviously didn't read the fine print... it was very clear to me that I was signing up for a monthly deduction, but I thought I'd give it a go as it was also very clear that you could cancel anytime. I was very impressed with their selection, quality and service. So I have been enjoying great quality wines for about 3 years now.

Hey Smithy, thanks for this awesome 5-star review. We're so thrilled to hear that you are enjoying Naked Wines, we really appreciate your loyalty over the years. Thanks again!

Gimmick voucher

They send our gift voucher $100 but it’s a gimmick as they still make you pay at least $40. They don’t let you have another option to buy and have to buy a package so you ending up paying even though you have a voucher

Hello Loey, we're sorry to hear that there has been some sort of miscommunication. Our vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any Naked Wines promotion/ voucher (including Angel prices). They are for first-time customers only, with a limit of one gift card per person and all orders must be a minimum of 12 bottles. We're sorry if these T&Cs weren't clear enough. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we will be sure to pass it on to the relevant people here at Naked.no terms and conditions were sent out with voucher.Hello Loanne, the vouchers T&Cs are located at the bottom of the voucher. A detailed version of these T&Cs is also available online. We would like to clarify that the sign-up condition is associated with purchasing sign-up cases. You are actually able to use the voucher to build your own case and you won't be signed up to the Angel program. We're again very sorry about this miscommunication.

An Excellent Service!

I purchased 12 bottles after receiving a $100 discount code with my HelloFresh meal delivery. After reading numerous negative reviews, I promptly cancelled my Angels subscription (which was automatically added to my order without my consent), and sent an email to verify that I would not be charged anything more than what I had agreed to. I appreciate the comments criticising this deceitful practice.

I usually only drink red wines, so I took this as an opportunity to experiment with some that I would not order out. I have been very pleased with my wine and will consider purchasing again.

Hey Michael, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry to hear that you found our purchasing process misleading, we can assure you that this isn't our intention at all and that our T&Cs adhere to the legal guidelines and practices. 5-star reviews are very important to us here at Naked, so we really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We are putting measures in place to make the purchasing process more transparent, so others don't encounter the same problem. Thanks again for sharing your valuable opinion.

2 vouchers with exactly same code and password

Got the 2 vouchers on 2 separate orders from Book Depository online Bookstore.
Thank God I read the reviews on product reviews.
I noticed the 2 vouchers are exactly the same (same code and password) as in the attached photo.
Definitely a SCAM

Hello Philip, we can assure you that our vouchers aren't a scam. The vouchers are for first-time customers only with a limit of one gift card per person, for tracking purposes we have the same code on some of them. We're sorry to hear that these codes have created doubt about the validity of them, but we would love to confirm that you can most certainly still use one of these vouchers to receive $100 off your first case, and then pass the second voucher onto a friend or family member. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it.

I want my $40 back!!!

I thought I was the only one that scammed by this deceitful marketing.
I purchased multiple items online. When I received this items ,there is a $100 voucher included in the box, this given voucher is to use when you purchase wines from naked wines.
I was happy bcoz $100 is a big discount. So went online placed my first order from naked wines, I ordered a case. I had to sign up with naked wines to place the order, and use the voucher, so I gave my details . The original price of the wines if im not mistaken it was $160 but I only paid $60 bcoz I used the $100 voucher.So yes! The next day I got my wines delivered immediately , they taste good. Thank you for the $100 voucher .
Now after a month from placing that first order, I got surprised they just took $40 out of my bank account without my authorization. I am so mad!!!
What was that?
I have not ordered anymore wines from naked wines after that first order but why they took $40 out of my account. So I thought this is a scam! I will never deal with them again!
I just want my money back now!!!

Do they think nobody will notice? And tell?

Same experience as many others posting here. Can we all be too stupid to have read the conditions? I think not. Ironically my credit card was scammed and drained dry by crooks and CBA had frozen the funds, so Naked couldn't draw the $40. They've just sent me an email about it so I'll have great fun responding to that. AND NOTE TO PRODUCT REVIEW: Why are you only showing star ratings for the Naked product, not the service? If you just quickly check the star rating and don't read the reviews it's very misleading.

Unauthorised deduction of money

We tried out a $100 voucher from our pet food supplier, and the case of wine we got was good value and delivered as promised. Their marketing was however full of promotion for being an "angel" involving regular deductions. We were very careful not to sign up to the regular payments before we had a chance to try out the wine and their service. However on checking our naked wine account, they had deducted $40 from our credit card without our consent. I am normally pretty good at fine print, and looked for this upfront. This deceitful conduct is terrible. They did refund the money, but I will not deal with them again.

Misleading conduct

Given a voucher to purchase wines from Naked Wines which stated there was no ongoing obligation to purchase. When I used the voucher, got emails from them I was on a wait list for a $40 monthly commitment! Do not understand how this type of business practice and misleading conduct can be allowed in this day and age. Will refer them to Consumer Affairs.

The company should get sued for taking money from other people without permission!!!!!!

Once they get your bank detail, They take money from you without your authority. They should get sued because it is illegal and unethical. Never going to do business with them again.

Hello Chih, we're so sorry to hear that you feel that we have been dishonest. We would love to assure you that this is not the case at all and sincerely apologies to have made you feel this way. It appears that you may have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. As stated in the T&Cs, purchasing one of these cases does actually sign you up to our Angel program. We are extremely sorry if this condition wasn't clear enough. As a company who is striving to continually improve, your feedback is very important to us. We have taken it on board that we need to make our T&Cs clearer during the checkout process and will pass this information on to the relevant people here at Naked. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, Chih. We're again very sorry to have made you feel this way and hope that it hasn't deterred you from trying Naked Wines. We would absolutely love to welcome you into our amazing community.This is not the first, judging from many other reviews. There are many people experienced the same treatment. Shouldn’t this company make some changes instead posting this kind of * to everyone? Please done so already. Thank you very much! ^_^Hello Chih, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that we are not attempting to make a change based on customer feedback. We would love to let you know that we have acknowledged every single piece of customer feedback and have seriously taken it on board. We are continually striving to become more transparent and truly appreciate all the feedback provided to us. Changes with regards to our onboarding process are coming very soon thanks to our customer feedback. So thanks again for sharing yours and helping us become better.

Very deceitful operation

We are another couple that has been caught out in this marketing ploy.
Purchase from Dick Smith arrived with one of these vouchers but no commentary.
Logged in, provided my details and paid for initial purchase. No specific mention of anything to do with the $40 per month debited toward next purchase. Also initial email has nothing about the workings of their system.
We think this is very deceitful marketing and have emailed them requesting removal of our details from their system and cancellation of initial order if it has not been processed.
Thank heavens for this site. should have come here first.

Be careful. They take money out of your bank account without permission!

You get a $50 or $100 voucher to buy wine from them (which is a great value for money and the wine is good). But they deduct $40 per month from your bank account without being authorised to do so! and they name you an Angel member! They never mention in their emails/advertisements that by signing up you'll have to pay $40 per month. What a sneaky way of running a business!

Thanks for getting in touch Andisheh - I apologise that you haven't had a great first impression of us! It sounds like you have used a sign-up voucher and become an Angel customer, where your $40/month contribution supports independent winemakers to make the wine you buy. You would have received a series of emails before any money was taken out, however we have taken your feedback on board and are looking into making the process even clearer for customers. The money you contribute is always yours, and we will always organise a refund if you do not want to be an Angel customer. Could you please email chat@nakedwines.com.au or phone 1300 898 677 so we can action this straight away. Thanks!

Beware

I placed an order with naked wines next day they took small amount of money from account when I contacted them they said I never placed an order girl on phone just talked in circles be careful

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to give this feedback. I'd love to look into this further, as it does not sound like the usual customer service experience we provide. Could you please email chat@nakedwines.com.au and reference this Product Review feedback, so we can delve a bit deeper into what has happened. Thank you!

Great wine selections with great stories.

I've been a Naked Wines "Angel" for a few years now and I am always pleasantly surprised by the quality and value. I feel very much like part of a community, with the ability to learn more about the wine makers, communicate directly with them as well as provide feedback anytime. Delivery after ordering is very prompt too.

Thanks for taking the time to give us such great feedback, Rob! Really pleased to hear that you're enjoying our wines, and have been connecting with our winemakers. They love it too!It's my absolute pleasure. I've seen some of the negative feedback from some people who don't understand how it works, nor apparently how to use a telephone and actually talk to someone to have any concerns or questions answered. I for one appreciate what your organisation has done for the industry and how you've helped change the lives of so many passionate wine-makers for the better. Some of the stories behind the wines are remarkable and quite heart-warming. The fact that I can try so many different varieties, at significantly reduced prices, interact with the wine-makers directly, many of whom regularly post images and words on the website, and I can provide feedback too, is just brilliant. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be keen to know how I can help promote Naked Wines on my social media accounts. Regards, Robb.

Bunch of scammers

these guys are a bunch of scammers.
They hand out $100 wine vouchers, the voucher did not have any disclaimer that states that you will be charged $40 per month and be auto added to become a member ANYWHERE on the vouch at all.

Hello, we're so sorry to hear that there has been some sort of miscommunication regarding our vouchers. We can assure you that Naked Wines doesn't condone in scamming at all. It appears that you may have purchased one of our sign-up cases when using your voucher to place your first order with us. As stated in the T&Cs of the case, purchasing one will sign you up to our Angel program. If your intentions weren't to sign-up to our Angel program at all, not to worry, just email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 and we can sort out an account cancellation for you immediately. Our cancellation policy is extremely flexible, where you can request a full refund and account shut down at any time. We're again very sorry about this initial miscommunication and we look forward to hearing from you to resolve this as soon as possible for you.

Charging my credit card for items I have not ordered not happy
If you are not happy, ring/email Naked Wines and have a chat. Previous to signing up, I read all the reviews, read Naked Wines documentation, and was totally aware of the process. I have not had a problem at all and get excited when I have enough in my "stash" to order another case of beautiful wines to try.Hello Kylie, we're so sorry to hear that this payment has come as a shock. It appears that you have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. As stated in the T&Cs, purchasing one of these cases does sign you up to our Angel program. Our program does, however, allows you to cancel at any time and issue a full refund, so we can most certainly process that for you. Please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately. We're again very sorry about the miscommunication, and we look forward to hearing from you soon to sort this out. (Cheers, Barbs for jumping in!)

was just about to use "$100 voucher" thanks to all for heads up ....SCAM
Hello Alis, we're sorry to hear that this is your initial impression of us. We would like to assure you that we are not a scam at all. Here at Naked, our customers support independent winemakers in return for exclusive access to delicious hand-crafted wines at insane prices. We call them Angels. Angels put $40 a month into their Naked Wines piggy-bank to then spend on whatever wines they like, whenever they like. In return for their support, they receive 25-50% off exclusive wines, monthly free samples and more. This then helps us fund talented winemakers to follow their dreams! We're an incredible community of winemakers, Angels, and staff and we would love you to give us the opportunity to show you. If you wish to know more or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out via emailing us chat@nakedwines.com.au or calling us on 1300 898 677.This is how I was introduced to Naked Wines, did my research first and then ordered my first case of beautiful wines. Again did full research prior to deciding to become an Angel and become very excited when I have enough in my account to order another case. I am super excited by these wines as they do not tend to give me a headache. Woohoo.

How do I cancel subscription?
Hello Lucia, we're sorry to hear that you no longer want to be an Angel. Here at Naked, we have a very flexible cancelation policy where you can cancel and request a full refund at any time. Please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately!

Naked Wines