4.4 from 2,193 reviews

2,193 reviews
Marie Elliott

Marie ElliottCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great Wines

I love the wines that I have been getting and I had everything explained to me regarding the $40 debit each month. For me this is a great idea and a way to save and as in my case when I realised I had $140 in my account, I enjoyed choosing a variety of wines instead of getting the usual ones from BWS or Dan Murphy’s. Keep up the good work Naked Wines.

100 bucks of scam

Utilise the '100 bucks' discount voucher as a way to make you sign up to their email list so they can annoy you and hope they one day you might just end up trying a bottle from them. No, you don't get free wines to try it out at all. You will still need to pay more money on top of that '100 bucks' voucher, and it's not cheap. Quality seems cheap though.

Mr L Bond

Mr L BondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unethical Company

Without prejudice - whilst preparing my tax return this weekend I noticed a legitimate payment of $73.98 for wine I purchased from naked wines in July 2019. It would seem naked wines have since been taking regular payments of $40 each month from my bank account without my knowing consent. I will be pursuing a full refund ($280.00) and making a complaint to the ethical standards commission about this company. The withdrawals stopped a few months ago, but it took me cancelling my nab debit card for this to happen. The fact that naked wines have not contacted me regarding this matter further reinforces the unscrupulous nature of this company.

Scammers

They give you a $100 voucher, but they then start helping themselves to your bank account without properly informing you. then they make it as hard as they can to find the cancel subscription option In tiny writing in the dark back part of there site. Don’t do it. Scumbags.

Tom

TomSydney, NSW

Scam artists

Used the $100 voucher for a case of wines. Was automatically signed up their their monthly subscription... they used very subtle ways to get this done (fine print, junk emails).

Peter Eklund

Peter EklundGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service!

The best thing about naked wines is the speed that they deliver, it is utterly amazing that you can order and the wine arrives to your door the next day. The witness are also very good..

Jonwil

Jonwil

An innovative scheme

Naked Wines exists to provide a market for small and starting-out winemakers and growers. Some are good, some are not, some are very successful, some are not. Some wines are excellent and some as bad as a $3 special. You need to read the reviews, select some wines and try them. After a few purchases you will find what you like and what is good value and from then on you will know what to purchase, get good value for money and support the small winemakers to get bigger and better.

Fiona N.

Fiona N.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

This wine tastes as cheap as it is

I thought it was a bargain price too good to be true. Reality is that it’s young, unskilled wine. If you’re not a wine snob - perfect. Otherwise I’d steer clear and stick to the good stuff.

Liam Smyth

Liam SmythPerth, WA

Another sucker done

Embarrassed to say I am another sucker who got done on the offer. Having noticed the transaction and then read these posts, I have just contacted NW and spoke with a very nice lady called Sue. She apologized and has committed to cancelling my account and refunding the money I have paid. Hopefully she will follow through with her commitment and I will let you know otherwise.

Find out how Naked Wines compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

Dressed up cheap skinless wine

All rather hyped up. Heavily discounted. We tried so hard to like the wines. Have tried 9 of the 12. Only one red was enjoyable. The others were bland, nonentities, some rather acidic, others with a really flat and odd smell. I love my wine but I don’t love the box they sent me. I have cancelled the 40 dollars a month so called cloud funding to supposedly prop up and support the local wineries.

Jonny bravo

Jonny bravoPerth, WA

Don’t bother!

When a company runs a campaign of deception as in their so called $100 vouchers, coupled with the soppy notion of also helping out the poor independent wine sellers, all just to get your details and at least one subscription payment before you figure out how to cancel....you know it stinks. Selling wine nobody wants can be tough hey....scammers!

Andrew

AndrewCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Took up the discount offer for $100 off first order

Payed around $35 for 6 bottles, pretty good deal.
Wine was delivered within 3 day. Wine quality poor only 1/6 drinkable. These wines on their page are highly rated with over 90percent of people can recommend.
I guess expected for the price.
Problem I really had was one month later charged $40 out of nowhere and I wasn't subscribed at all. I think this is a good indication of the honesty of the company.
Wouldn't recommend wine let alone the company

Anki

AnkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I am one of the happy Angel

I got a voucher for Naked Wines in my monthly subscription bellabox. And, I love wines. I purchased the 12 bottles of wine from Naked Wines Collection. The delivery was ok. I live in an apartment and the only minor issue I had was to carry from my apartment ground floor to the first floor because the delivery guy left my parcel on the ground floor. Another issue was I never got a reply from an email I had sent them. I guess it mostly went to spam. Re-wines they were nice. I loved it. I completed those 12 bottles so quickly gifted few to my friends and family as well. I am still subscribed and happy that my money goes to beautiful people who work hard to bring best wines in the market.

eastfly

eastflySydney, NSW

Bad customers service and misleading .

Have trouble with delivery , contacted their depot and customer service staff...both demonstrated little care or being helpful. After received my wines to found out the Malbec was not in it and that the only reason I bought the 6 bottles deal. That would be my first and last order from naked wines.

Hodgy08

Hodgy08Gippsland, VIC

Definately worth trying

I was a member ofr about 12 months. Loved the wines, easy app to use and delivery always good (I'm in a remote rural area). With Covid & financial pressures I needed to cancel and they were understanding and made it easy. Will rejoin in time.

Colleen N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Order not delivered

Waited at home for 2 days for delivery after receiving an email telling me it would arrive on the second day, still have not received delivery, so I have cancelled my subscription.

Colleen N.

I have now sent an email and look forward to a reply soon.

Bryan

BryanSydney, NSW

To the people who felt cheated

Regretful

RegretfulMid North Coast, NSW

Don't get caught!

All I wanted was a simple 1-off purchase of a doz. mixed wines to support a local business during the Carona Virus thing and I find I'm now getting $40/month unauthorised deduction from my bank a/c. Maybe I wasn't careful during the purchasing process but it beggars belief that a company would resort to these tactics and risk alienating existing and new clients and getting bad press at the same time.

Grant S

Grant SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Misleading and deceptive

Christine L.

Christine L.asked

I would like to cancel my subscription with Naked Wines now. Very sneaky marketing Apparently you have taken $140 of my money. The first an only box of wine I got from you people was sent to Ms C Z Little 168 Centenary Heights Road Coolum. My new address is 44 Whitecross Road Bli Bli Qld 4560. Don’t redirect me just cancel an stop taking money out of my credit card. Very disappointed

matilda
matilda

I can understand your disappointment, Christine. I think the small print is maybe confusing many customers, but I've always found their dealings to be honest, their delivery service prompt and efficient and the wines mostly very fine quality.

Naked WinesNaked Wines

Hey Christine, as mentioned in your TrustPilot review. We're so sorry to hear that you feel this way. We can assure you we are not a scam.

It seems you might have used one of our vouchers to purchase a sign-up case. As stated in the T&Cs, on the landing page, and in the email sends, purchasing one of these cases does sign you up to our Angel program. Our program does, however, allow you to cancel at any time and issue a full refund.

If you would like us to process your refund and account shut down, please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately.

Steve B.
Steve B.

In 2012 NW had an advertising campaign banned by the ASA because it was misleading. I have just fallen foul of the same scam, buying 6 bottles of cheap wine and then finding NW were helping themselves to my bank account. Whatever NW and it's employees might imagine, the technique IS STILL misleading. Not illegal, but it's a scam, make no mistake. The wine is pretty run of the mill too.

Gary R.

Gary R.asked

How do i view the wine on offer so i can spend my credit please

Gary R.

Gary R.asked

How do i browse the products to spend my credit please. ?

Get an answer from our members and Naked Wines representatives