Naked Wines
4.5 from 2,101 reviews

I'm happy to be an Angel

My husband and I have been using Naked Wines for many years. I love their wines. I'm particularly a fan of Jen Pfeiffer. Her wines taste great and are always good value for money. Delivery is always quick in my area and I've never had a problem with it. I also love supporting independent winemakers. I'm very surprised to see negative reviews here. It's very clear on the website that you pay $40 a month to become a member and then you can spend that money on their wine. I don't know how anyone can miss it.

Hello Brenda, thank you so much for your amazing review. We're so thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with Naked Wines. We absolutely love having you and your husband in our community as Angels. We're also very glad to hear that you're loving our wines! If you rate your wines on our website after you've tried them, the next time you order, our system will recommend wines for you based on your past purchases and ratings. Thanks again for sharing your fabulous review, Brenda!

An absolute scam

Payments have been taken from my account without authority. When bought to the attention of Naked Wines they attempted to resell a product I never wanted. They then continued to take funds without authority. You could chalk it up to a mistake at their end if it didn't continue after being raised. In addition to that the wine itself was of poor quality. You are much much much better off with any of the other similar companies.

Hello Mark, it appears that you may have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. We apologise if signing-up wasn't clearer in our T&cs and will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant people here at Naked. In the meantime, our cancelation policy is very flexible, Angels are able to cancel and request a full refund at any time. If you could please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 we can arrange any request you may have immediately. Again, we apologise for the miscommunication and we look forward to hearing from you so we can resolve this issue for you as soon as possible.I'll reiterate this for you again because it clearly hasn't registered. I didn't sign up for what you're saying I have. As soon as I realised you were stealing from me I contacted you. That was in December. You then consciously decided to deduct more money. Why????? This is clearly a design feature of what you do. There are people making the same complaints in 2012 that I'm making now. The best part outside of all of this is how unmistakably poor quality the wine was. All I can do now is ensure I actively share my experience with as many people as possible.

Buyer Beware of Angels... Direct Debit ongoing

If it has Angel in its name beware of ongoing direct debits that are not transparently obvious and they start debiting $40 monthly.

We received an $100 voucher and decided to buy the wines. We purchased a box of wines, expected quality, no surprises there and the wines were average but given the discount they were at the standard of cheap wines to match. So months go buy and we have cancelled the credit card and to our surprise that each month I have $40 dollars taken out from my card since the initial transaction.

We have checked the original order and nowhere did it state that we were signing up or agreeing to an ongoing monthly subscription. I gather this is intentional deceptive behaviour that relies on hidden not transparent commitment of the buyer and it is very disappointing corporate behaviour to say the least.

Since learning of the debit, I have cancelled the account and they do say they will refund, so it is just a matter of time to watch if this occur and they do not continue debiting as others have indicated have occurred... Buyer be warned.

Hello Tim, we're really sorry to hear that there has been a miscommunication with signing up to our Angel program. It appears that you may have purchased one of out sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. We're really sorry if the signing up term wasn't clear enough in our T&Cs, but please keep in mind that our cancellation policy is very flexible. You are able to cancel your account and request a full refund at any time. If this is something you would like us to process for you, please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review as we take customer feedback very seriously. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the appropriate people here at Naked.

Nakedwines - deceitful- disgrace

This company debited your card on an ongoing basis without orders being placed. When I complained the response was laughter, then an offer to deliver wine to the value of what I was robbed. I had to threaten legal action to get my money back.
I was then called a "Fallen Angel".
Don't become an Angel..

Hello J G, we're really sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with us. We can assure you that we take complaints very seriously and if you haven't been assisted satisfactorily by a staff member then that's something we need to rectify immediately. We have a very flexible cancellation policy, If you have accidentally signed-up to our Angel program and have no intentions of being an Angel, that is no problem at all, here at Naked customers can request an account cancellation and full refund at any time. If you could please contact us with more information via emailing us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or calling us on 1300 898 677 we would love to resolve this for you immediately!

Love the wine and love supporting small producers

My friend and I both signed up. Was shocked to learn the statistics behind buying vino in Australia. To date, the wine has been beautiful and the service is simply excellent. It's pretty clear when you sign up that you'll pay $40 per month which you can then use against wine purchases. Love the wine, love the concept behind this business and I'm so happy that we can directly support wine producers and bypass the conglomerates.

Hey Vee, thanks so much for leaving this awesome review! We're thrilled to hear you're happy with Naked's wines and service. We're so happy to have you as an Angel. Don't forget that you can share your unique referral code with your wine-loving friends. Doing so will give them $100 off their first case, and you will receive $30 in your Naked piggy bank (referral code: https://bit.ly/2CHjpl2). Thanks again for sharing your feedback!

Direct debit scam without proper communication

Had a 100 buck voucher and decided to get the wines. Paid some extra money and got a box of wines, expected quality, no surprises there. But have just got a nasty surprise that each month I have 40 dollars taken out from my card!!
I really hope that the communication is better at the time of signing up!
Very disappointed but hoping to get better customer service to enable a refund and stopping direct debit.

Hello SCM, we're sorry to hear that there has been some miscommunication with your wine order. It appears that you have purchased one of our sign-up cases when using your voucher. We're sorry this term wasn't clear and we will be sure to pass on your feedback to the appropriate people here at Naked. If you could please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can organise your account cancellation and full refund immediately.

Top quality wines and great value

These wines are fantastic quality for the price. I can see reviews where people call this a scam. Its not a scam, its smart marketing and I'm glad they got me as the wines are amazing and so is the service. It saves me walking around a bottle shop looking for something new and unique as I get them delivered to my home and I am never disappointed. If you enjoy wine then you will like this service.

Hey Mitch, we're so glad to hear you're enjoying Naked's wines and service. Our in-house wine advisors are also always available to chat between 9am-5pm if you ever need further assistance - 1300 898 677. Thanks so much for taking the time leave this awesome review! We really appreciate it.

$40 direct debit scam

Bought a case of wine - some rough ones and some ok ones..but the rice was right so I can't complain. I received lots of e-mails about being an 'Angel' but they did not state that you were deemed an Angel by virtue of an ongoing $40 monthly debit. If it is an ongoing debit arrangement, the process should be more formal and explained in detail. In this case, they have your credit card details from your initial purchase, and use those details to obtain funds without your express consent.

Hello Peter, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your wines, and for the miscommunication about signing-up. It appears that you may have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. This purchase would have joined you up to our waitlist which then describes our program via several emails over a month period. This waitlist is intended to make signing up clear, but we're really sorry this hasn't come across like that for you. We really appreciate your feedback and we will be sure to pass it on to the suitable people here at Naked Wines. Please keep in mind that your money is always yours here at Naked and you are entitled to cancel your membership and request a full refund at any time. If this is something you would like us to initiate for you, please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately. Again, we really appreciate your feedback, Peter. Thank you!

Stupid people making false negative reviews.

I was given a $100 voucher and unlike you cheap skates, i read everything and did some research first... you lot clearly thought you had won the lotto.. hahaha

So i knew i would be signed up and i knew the wine wasnt gonna be the best I've ever drunk..

I used my voucher then cancelled my membership, ill drink this lot then decide if i want to sign up.

Dont blame your stupidity on this company's great idea. For someone who doesnt have expensive taste in wine this is an amazing idea.

Hello Hero, thanks so much for leaving a review. We're so glad to hear you understand and appreciate our unique business model. With regards to our wine, we do have a variety to choose from including premium wines. Our in-house wine advisors can also help you put together a case based on preferences if desired. With regards to the wines you were unhappy with, we have a money back guarantee, if you don't like a wine, or it's corked or damaged, then we'll give you a full refund or a credit to your account. If you weren't happy with the wines you received, please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us at 1300 898 677 and we'll sort it out for you as soon as possible. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here.

Scam Reportable to Consumer Affairs

I received a voucher for $100 through Amazon Australia. I went onto the Naked Wines Website to check it out. I completed a review and was offered another $20 voucher. When I tried to use the $20 voucher an 'Angel Special' 'deal' dozen was going to cost me $39.95. I chatted with someone on the site about my other $100 voucher, was told I couldn't use both so I switched from the $20 to the $100 voucher. The $100 voucher, for the exact same dozen is going to cost me $59.95. This looks like a scam, and reportable to consumer affairs... I am now on a waitlist for the ANgel's program and from what others say here I'll be getting off it quick smart.
Not a good business model - don't treat people like fools, you'll lose.

Direct Debit Scam - Watch Your Credit Card

I went for a voucher option that looked like a good deal. But the wine was cheap and nasty. And now I've discovered they're taking $40 out my credit card every month. I never signed up for that!!!

Hello Andrew, we're really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the wines you received and that signing up to our Angel program was unclear. Please keep in mind that we have a money back guarantee policy. If you're not happy with a wine you've purchased, or if it's damaged or corked, we will refund you 100%. Our cancelation policy is also very flexible, you are able to request an account shut-down and full refund at any time. It appears that you might have unintentionally purchased one of our sign-up cases when ordering your first case with us. We sincerely apologise if this was unclear during the purchasing process and we will be sure to take your feedback under consideration when we restructure our T&Cs. If your issue hasn't already been resolved, please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate your feedback.No need to lie. If you want to prevent this from happening, simply tell people that you're signing them up for direct debit - and give them the option to not sign up for it. Very easy to do, unless you want to keep ripping people off. Also, allow people to remove their credit card details online. What's your excuse for keeping unwanted direct debits going? Why can't people just login and unsubscribe? Why don't you give provide this simple option online? I think we both know why. It's because you are scammers. You know it fully well. Rip-off merchants and scam artists. Just admit it. It's obvious to everyone who has been ripped off by you.

Beware Scam!

Being a customer at both wine selectors and cracka wines, I received a voucher through “hellofresh”, once I started going through the check out process, it’s clear the voucher is of no value, the RRP coupled with minimum spend ends up equating to no saving ?

If they are trying to loose customers prior to getting them this voucher is a great way of achieving that, try giving people some good honest value you might actually get some customers spending money

Plenty of honest wine direct / online places around that conduct there business with some integrity don’t waste your time with these guys

Now reading about the monthly debit scam as well I am happy I discontinued.

Hey Bruce, we're sorry to hear you feel that way. Our intentions with the vouchers aren't to scam anyone at all and we're sorry to hear if there has been some miscommunication. We do hope that these vouchers haven't deterred you from trying us out. We're more than just cheap wine, we are an amazing community of winemakers, Angels, and staff members and we would love the chance to show you!

where is today's integrity

it's a good idea. It is good wine. But I don't deal with dishonest people. I want to stop my debit order asap! You send out vouchers but doesn't say anything about monthly debit orders? unfaithful is not the way to do marketing. SORRY

Hello Cindy, we're so sorry to hear you feel that we've been dishonest towards you. This wasn't our intention at all and we completely understand your frustration if you didn't intend to sign-up. It appears that you might have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. We would sincerely like to apologise for this miscommunication and would like to inform you that you are able to cancel and request a full refund at any time. Please contact email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately.

Beware this product is a total scam.

Beware this thing is a total scam.
I ordered some wine online through them using a voucher I got for Christmas.
They have since billed two un-authorised transaction $40 since then.
They refuse to refund these bills/ return any calls / emails.
I didn't order any further wine or agree to any ongoing costs.
I never agreed to anything like this.

I was able to get my money back by credit card refund through my bank as the vendor is blacklisted with VISA for this behavior.

Hello Mark, we're really sorry to hear that your initial experience with us hasn't been ideal. It appears that you may have purchased one of our sign-up cases when placing your first order with us. We would love to assure you that we're not a scam and that our cancellation policy is very flexible. So if your intentions weren't to sign-up at all we can certainly cancel your account and issue you a full refund. If this is the path you wish to take, please call us on 1300 898 677 or email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au and we will process your request as soon as possible. We sincerely apologise again for any miscommunication encountered.

Excellent for wine consumers and winemakers

We live this wine membership organisation. You pay $40 per month that goes into your Naked Wine “bank” and when you are ready to buy a case your balance comes off that cost. The company helps independent Australian winemakers by providing a marketing outlet for them. The wines we have had have been really great and bottle prices are very competitive with or cheaper than even discount wine stores. You can choose your own bottles online and they also have specials on pre-mixed cases. Delivery is fast and free. We have been using this company for about 18 months now and have nothing but good things to say.

Hello Lily, thanks so much for leaving this amazing review. We're so glad to hear that you understand our business model and that you're enjoying your wine purchases from us. Please keep in mind, If you're ever stuck on what wine to choose, rating them online we will allow us to generate suggestions based on your responses for your next wine purchase. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this amazing review here. We really appreciate it.

Been a member for 6 years. Can't Complain

I have been a Naked Wine "Angel" for 6 years now and have bought around 1000 bottles of wines (and my liver has processed over my own body weight in alcohol as a result) via Naked Wines. I see on this site that generally they have positive reviews, but also see various people calling it a "scam" and other names. Well, perhaps Naked Wines can be "aggressive" in their sales/marketing campaigns, but I can vouch that this is not a "scam".

I enjoy the wines and the wide selection. They withdraw $40 per month which is added as credit to your account. This is their business model. It is not a "cost", but instead a credit. It is basically a "commitment" of a yearly minimum spend of $480 in exchange for discounted wines and delivery. I'm OK with that. The prices of wine are decent, delivery is"free" (or at least included in the wine price), I have enjoyed the wines, and I get free bottles on regular occasion. Overall, I have found it good value for money for me.

I have had a few issues with delivery along the way. I put this down to the different couriers that they have tried. Each time I have notified them of delivery issues, I have had prompt responses to my concerns, including switching courier companies. Compared with "service" offered by other companies I have dealt with, I have found Naked Wines to be responsive and efficient. Last year I sent Naked wines an email saying I had been with them for 5 years and they sent me a free case (15 bottles) of red wine. Much appreciated.

Overall, if you are looking for a company to place regular wine orders with (e.g. a case every 1-3 months), then I would recommend Naked Wines.

Hello PB, It's been a pleasure having you part of the Naked community. We really appreciate your support over the last 6 years and we're ecstatic to hear how much you are enjoying being an Angel. We also really appreciate your feedback with regards to our sales approach and we will be sure to pass it on to our marketing team. Thanks again for your kind review!

Scammed

Sucked me in with a voucher through “Fresh” have deducted money from my account unknowingly through a company called Angel. $40 a month

Hello Brendan, we're really sorry to hear that you feel this way about Naked. It seems that you might have purchased a sign-up case when placing your first order with us. If you had no intentions of signing up at all then not to worry, we have a very flexible cancellation policy. If you would like to cancel your Angel membership, we can certainly process that for you and issue you a full refund. Please email us at chat@nakedwines.com.au or call us on 1300 898 677 so we can sort this out for you immediately. We can assure you that we're not a scam at all and we genuinely apologies again for any misunderstanding that has occurred.

Great wine, great price

Can't believe all the negative feedback! Naked Wines policy of taking $40 a month (or I should say adding it to your shopping cart) is made very clear on their website. If you want to cancel it's not a problem. Have found their wine to be fantastic at a great price.

Hello Mari, thanks for your ongoing support as an Angel. We're so glad to hear you understand our business model and are enjoying Naked's wines. For more updates on our amazing community be sure to check out our blog >>> https://blog.nakedwines.com.au/ Thanks so much for leaving this awesome review!

Awesome wines that support Aussie winemakers - great concept

Absolutely love Naked Wines - happy to hand over $40 a month to support local, talented winemakers, and in return get some amazing wines for my $40. Highly recommend taking the time to read what it's all about before saying it's a scam.

Hello Gill, thanks so much for leaving this lovely review. We're very lucky to have someone so enthusiastic and supportive of Naked as part of our awesome community. If you didn't know already, sharing your personal referral link to invite new Angels, will give them $100 off on their first order (T&Cs apply), and you will receive a $30 credit in your Naked piggy bank. You can access this code via logging into your Naked Wines account and hovering your mouse over your name, when the drop-down box appears, click 'Invite a friend' and your link will be at the bottom of this landing page! Thanks again for your kind review!

Yep it stinks!

Sucked in with a voucher and now getting unauthorised deductions on my credit card. Most of the positive reviews on this site look made up I reckon. If it looks like a scam, it acts like a scam and it smells like a scam....it's a scam!!