Linc

LincSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay Away. I Wish I Had Read The Reviews On Here First Before Taking Their Promo Offer. Stay Away

This is a scam, you only find out about the $40 month signup after you buy some wine. The sting for the "secret membership" is hidden on their website after you login. I did manage to cancel before getting charged, I reviewing this to let other know of this bad business behaviour.

Cranky

CrankyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Thank goodness for Product Review I was about to use the $100 wine voucher, but not now.

The information from people about $40 taken from your credit card without notice is a real worry. I just threw the $100 voucher with enter code: GDBQ320 with password:JNW15PJ3 into the bin. Product Review is a really valuable resource for everyone who who is about to buy anything at. I use it all the time and have written many reviews. Regards, CRANKY

spammers

I got somehow subscribed to the mailing list.
The Unsubscribe button is so small you need a microscope to find it.

SCAM- They took a $40 monthly debit a month after our order arrived

HarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing wines

Now I can taste the difference between vinegar and wine for half the price. You people at Naked Wines have nailed it. Keep it up and support those small passionate Aussie wineries.
p.s. a bit of history: Shiraz is a city in Iran which have been famous for its wines for thousands of years. Iranians are big wine lovers and wine makers albeit the current unwanted religious stupidity governing that beautiful country :). But one day you will travel to Iran only to enjoy its wines :)

Tamara H.Naked Wines

Thankyou Harry and I am so pleased to hear you have been enjoying our wines <3 Don't forget to rate them online so we can suggest more you should like.
Also absolutely love the trivia! Keep an eye on our socials this might pop up.
Cheers

Martin S.

Martin S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's a trap. Don't take a promo offer.

I was offered a $100 discount voucher from Wilson Parking. I looked at Naked Wines and liked the general principle of direct connection with growers. When I placed my order I did not realize that I was also signing up for a $40 per month minimum spend. I'm generally not a naive consumer but it was not the least obvious that I was signing up for $40 per month for ever by taking the promo.

Ian

Ian

Extremely misleading - taking a monthly fee from your credit card without REALLY telling you.

Paul FSydney, NSW

It's a trap. Deceptive marketing.

I took an offer for a discounted 6 pack of wine. I then found I was subscribed to $40 per month to their "Angel" club. At no time did I agree to join this subscription. If they had explained the offer upfront I may well have been happy to join. Anyway, I've canceled and now hope not to be billed each month.

S. Olave

S. OlaveBrisbane

Contribution to new wine makers make wine taste delicious

The customer service is fantastic, and the delivery fast. I like that I can help out new Australian wine makers, and that I'm not locked in to a specific amount of time to spend my money. I don't go through my wine collection too quickly so I can save up my money over time and purchase as we I need it.

Hey S,
I am so pleased to hear you are enjoying the wines and how good is that fuzzy felling from support our independent wine makers.
Keep up the great work :)
Cheers

Review collected in partnership with Naked Wines

Find out how Naked Wines compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

Very disappointing wine quality ... one i couldn't drink at all.

Cellar works Shiraz was undrinkable. two others tasted bad. Poor quality wine in general. One to go and i am not keen to open it.

Catherine

CatherineWONTHAGGI

Misleading advertising

I was about to order wines from Naked Wines when I realised how deceptive their marketing is. They promote the following: "Save $40 a month into your Naked Wines piggy bank... It’s yours to spend on what you want, when you want." What they don't mention is that the money is deducted from their customers' credit card accounts. Why wouldn't it be yours to spend on what you want, when you want it! There is no mention of a monthly subscription.
If Naked Wines had been upfront, I would have proceeded. As it is, I'm bailing.

Erika S.Sydney, NSW

Deceiving

I used the $100 voucher they gave to buy some wine once and now, few weeks later, they charged me $40 on my credit card. I am very careful with what I buy on the internet and always make sure I'm not subscribing to anything. They definitely did not show anywhere on the buying process (at least it was not clear) that I would be subscribing to monthly orders.

Stephen S.

Stephen S.Sydney, NSW

Excellent service, ease of use and most importantly, very easy and transparent with cancellations

I thoroughly enjoyed the wines and the information provided with them. It was delivered on time and had good customer service. I ended up cancelling for financial reasons, and cancellation was so easy. I recommend this strongly!

Tamara H.Naked Wines

Thanks for sharing this awesome feedback with us, Stephen S!
We're thrilled you enjoyed our speedy delivery and flexible cancellation policy.

Gertrud P.

Gertrud P.Hunter Region, NSW

Horrible company - don't use. Buy wine locally instead!

I have ordered wine from them and just realised that I kept paying for a subscription without using it for 7 months. I have emailed them and yet to hear back.
It is hard to see on my account what I have been charged for and hard to cancel my subscription. If not impossible to cancel it. They make it so hard to actually manage your account and no note about me paying for 7 months in there. Horrible company and horrible system. So misleading! Don't buy wine from them!

Smiley H.

Smiley H.Perth, WA

" Naked Wines, It's on Time with Love ", amen

Ms Alicia, Naked Chief @ thanks for the update notes etc etc. Absolutely you had a Customer Orientation Policy in delivered your jobs. Well done dear ! I have not tasted the wines yet, but I am positive they are all good as you said, Every wine in the case that you had sent to me , has been lovingly crafted by one of your talented Aussie/Kiwi winemakers, amen
Smiley Joe H @ WA - March 2021

Tamara H.Naked Wines

Hello Smiley H, thank you so much for your lovely feedback and we hope you enjoy the wines you've ordered.
We will be sure to pass this onto Alicia, it will brighten up her day!

Do not use!

Annette

AnnetteQueensland

Taking money illegally

Like alot of people here I have had money taken from my account so far $120.00 which I did not approve
I have emailed twice now for this to stop but so far nothing !!
I now intend to report this scam to ombudsman. This must stop!!!

Farid

Farid

Very Questionable Marketing and Ordering Practice but Good Customer Service

Ben H.

Ben H.South East Queensland, QLD

Cancelled Subscription yet still billed

I completely cancelled subscription in 2020, but in Feb 2021 I get billed $99 for some mystery box of wine I Never ordered. It has been 8 days now after contacting their customer service and still no refund. They say they have refunded but still getting messages saying "your order is on the way". Buyer beware and former buyer beware.

Smith

SmithHunter Region, NSW

Mislead

Not happy, We purchased 6 bottles of wine for a friend for Christmas, & paid for it now they hit us for another $40 out of our account today, we still have the wine as the friend never came & got them, We do not drink being aged pensioners, We feel we have been ripped off, if they do not credit our money back ASAP, i will seek legal action. Now reading reviews looks like we are not alone, Another Scam.

John Waltonasked

I visited NW site a few months ago . I had in mind to join but because I am on the edge of the outback I worked out that the freight was going to make the price of the wine more than I can pay in my local bottle shop. So I got out of the site. Yesterday, I checked my CC and noticed that for the past three months NW has helped themself to $40 every month. I never authorized those transactions. Please get me out of this SCAM.

Harry

Hi John, I wouldn’t really call it a scam as an email was sent to me upon first purchase indicating a $40 charge a month albeit somewhat vague.
You can cancel your account by going to ‘my account’ then choosing ‘Angle Account’ on the left vertical menu and finally selecting The cancel link. Any unused credit would then be deposited back to you.
Good luck!

John Walton

Thank you Harry. Did follow your instructions. My log-in showed that my account was at $300 and they said that $280 will be refunded to my account. Still lost $20.

Hi John,
Harry is correct and I am glad you got it sorted. To clear up the extra $20.00 you never lost any money. When you join our program we gift you a $20.00 wine credit as a welcome, however, this can not be transferred into $ funds as it is only a voucher. The $280.00 that was refunded back to you was all of our money, which accumulated over a period of 7 months ($40.00 a month)
Apologies again for the confusion or misunderstanding if you have any further questions please send us an email. chat@nakedwines.com.au

stevenpharrison83asked

Looking at your negative reviews in regards to "gift vouchers" which seems to span a few years, it's become apparent that naked wines is happy to employ deceptive marketing tactics to bring in money.
Is this a strategy that naked wines will continue to pursue, especially given that the negative reviews really convey a bitter unhappiness with this tactic, or does naked wines still feel that using this method brings in too much money to change this business choice?
Surely a reputable company which offers great products and services doesn't need to rely on misleading and cunningly creative tactics to trick their customers does it?

stevenpharrison83

From the lack of reply, it's evident to others to avoid this company.

Hi Steven,
My deepest apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
We have had some technical difficulties with our review sites but are now back up and running.

Thankyou for getting in touch regarding our voucher, we have a few different types of vouchers and gift cards. Some of which are linked to case offers that are also sign-up cases. However if these offers are not for you then you are welcome to choose your own wines or cases.
We are also in the process of amending our vouchers as a re-brand is underway, so we are certainly taking on board all comments to build on our company.
Again we appreciate you reaching out to us and apologies again for the delay. If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch with our customer happiness team chat@nakedwines.com.au or give us a call 1300 898 67
Kind regards.

same reply given through all the years. your shady tactics will continue on Im sure. scumbags

Deniseasked

I have just ordered a case of red wine but did not realise until after I ordered that i was signing up to a monthly deduction. Can i opt out of the monthly deduction and still get my order i have paid for and make subsequent orders when I want to.

Paul M
Paul M

Hi Best check direct with Naked Wines. Cheerio

Ann
Ann

Yes you are able to opt out of the monthly deduction if you want to. We were not even aware until we received their email that we had signed up for that so its very deceptive marketing.

Thanks is Ann I was the same