Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter

See the Best Electronics in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Useless junk

This adapter is no good in Windows 10 and as shown by the forum below Netgear have no interest in fixing there product. The adapter keeps disconnecting and any and all fixes do not work. Avoid Netgear like the plague.

Terrible will never buy another one!!!

Ball the first Netgear Genie adapter got always up to choose a network it wouldn't connect to a network done. All kinds of troubleshooting on my computer! Had someone tell me I needed a stronger Wi-Fi signal so I have my Internet provider bring out install a bigger stronger wifi modem still wouldn't work? To get back to the store I purchased it from exchange it for another one come home put it in. Got as far as connecting to adapter as far as I can get! 2nd day of trying to get is it to connect to the adapter even though everything on the computer says it's working fine the second one was worse than the first one!! Guess I'm just out $ 30+ !!! Will never buy anymore Netgear products as I am disabled and on a fixed income you can't afford to waste your money on products that will not work!!!

Two faulty adapters; no fix in sight.

First, I would like to say, I am quite astounded there are exclusively five-star reviews for this product. This doesn't seem to reflect my experience, nor a growing number of people in the Netgear Forums.

My first Netgear adapter was either the same model as this, or a very similar one. From the beginning, I experienced bugs, random disconnections; it was impossible to use the internet at all. The device would continually disconnect - I discovered this was a common problem, and signs pointed to the product, the software, or its drivers - and I never found a fix, or any response from Netgear. I eventually gave the adapter to a friend; it wasn't even worth keeping.

My second, was the only choice I had - for some reason, the only JB Hi-Fi in my region stocks exclusively Netgear routers, so I had no other option at the time. As I expected, the software began to malfunction as soon as it was installed; and I discovered, as with my last adapter, it came with repeated disconnections. Reinstalling the software, drivers, everything I could think of - nothing worked, there remained no fix, and the disconnections have gradually become more frequent. They're now happening every few minutes! I've disconnected so many times while writing this, I just unplugged the damn thing!

My experience has ensured I'll avoid any future Netgear product like they're the devil. Losing my receipt for the most recent adapter is a regret I've had for months on end.

Perhaps myself, and the many other customers having this problem, are only a fraction of the consumers. But considering we have all bought this product with the intention to use it - being sold it, under the guise that it would - is a worrying prospect for such a widespread company. And the fact that this problem has persisted, unsolved and ignored for years?

To Netgear, it seems only a testament to how a business can thrive - despite its inability to justify its own existence - as long as it has the buying power and consumer fog-of-war, to cover up its grand and reaching failures.

Must Have

Recently purchased one of these for my laptop that continually loses connection due to DNS server failing to respond so often.
Running on Cable Broadband as part of a network, wifi continually went from 72mps down to 58, then at times down to 8mps.
Installed the software on the disk, rebooted and connected the device, you have the option to either enter the Wep key, or touch the button on the device, once the blue icon starts flashing you have 2 minutes to push the connect button on your router, that's basically it.
know getting upto 165mps and no dropouts, fantastic for the $49 I payed for it at Dick Smith, who were very helpful in the decision of my purchase.
cheer's

Good.

I replaced my network cable with USB Adapter. Similar performance. Really happy with this product.
I actually bought over ebay for 10 dollars :)

Nice little product, easy to setup, great results

After moving house and solely relying on a wireless network I needed a wireless adapter for my desktop PC. A quick trip to Officeworks and $70 - 80 later I ended up with the Netgear N300.

Setup was a breeze, the documentation that came with the unit is a bit outdated so was the installation CD. Though at the end of the day this really isn't an issue.

The setup process took roughly 5 minutes, simply install the drivers and software, locate the wireless network and connect. The adapter instantly picked up a strong signal and it has been running strong ever since. The look of the device is also quite modern.

All in all I am extremely happy with the NetGear N300.
Ease of use, modern looking device, great signal and speeds.
Outdated documentation and installation process

bought this today .29/4/2013 . and very easy set up no more than one minute .. paid an extra $20 but still worth it