Nicabate Mint Gum

Nicabate Mint Gum

Robert C
Robert CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is completely related to packaging.

Suffering from arthritis and being blind as a bat i found it hard to demolish the box to gain entry to the gum. Then resulted to digging gum out of blister pack with a pair of nail clippers because i couldn't see the tiny writing in the pic provided. Good god, almost as stressful as getting a text message all chipper and that, asking how I'm going without a cigarette . Give me strength lol

Purchased in November 2020.

EASY TO OPEN

I would just like to say to all the people struggling to get into the gum. YOU PEEL THE BACK OFF> you cant just push it through like normal gum. I too thought it was impossible to open until I ACTUALLY READ PEEL OFF written on it. Easy as. Im on day 1 and have had gum sitting in my cheek, as directed all day, chewing on a piece every so often. Ive justh thrown all my ashtrays out, dont even feel like a smoke. This stuff actually works...but remember, you dont chew it like normal chewy. You chew a but then rest it inside the cheek...then a bit later chew a bit more.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths for $13.00.

PALMSYD
PALMSYDsydney

Can't open wrapper except with scissors, gum formula changed

I cannot believe a company makes the wrapper so hard to get into that you have to use scissors to open each individual gum! It's impossible to open without a tool! In addition the gum formula has changed and it now tastes like some generic coated chewing gum. Massive fails by this company. Goodbye.

Purchased in July 2020.

Jamie4219
Jamie4219South East Queensland, QLD

Can no longer find 200 piece box of Nicabate

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $26.00.

BillCentral West, NSW

Can't open.

Switched to Nicabate today. I can't open the damn stuff! When I finally got one open, after destroying about 5 of them using a chainsaw, hammer, drill, cold chisel, heel of my boot, I was pleasantly surprised by the flavour. I finally got one opened with the blade of my Leatherman knife. Won't be buying anymore as I don't won't to have to cart my tool box around with me to open one. Gets a few funny looks when in public or at parties!

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $30.00.

Jennifer Sutton
Jennifer SuttonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nicabate

I thought I would switch from Nicorette to Nicabate. The packaging of this product would be the worst I have ever encountered. Imagine sitting on a plane and requiring scissors to open one piece. Will not be purchasing this product again.

Purchased in February 2019.

This gum makes me want to smoke

I almost had a nervous breakdown trying to get the chewy out of its packaging. Tastes fine to me, but whats the point if I cant get it OUT?! Lol I swear this product was made BY the cigarette companies.

R Martin
R MartinNorth Queensland, QLD

Packaging is infuriating

Whoever made the packaging on this product should be sacked. I won't be buying this brand of gum again. We get it. You hate us.

Phil
PhilMedowie

Helped me quit

Find out how Nicabate Mint Gum compares to other Smoking Deterrents

Great strong minty taste (if you like a strong minty taste!) but need scissors to get to the good st

I really like the exceptional bright fresh minty taste (I know it's not popular with some).

Problem is, it's almost impossible to get to the booty. I have to use scissors to access each individual mint. Packaging is almost certainly losing the company customers.

Andy

Yuk. Tastes like mouthwash!

Original mint was the best. This new Extra Fresh stuff is really unpleasant. Flavour is too strong and sweet. Hard to remove from packaging. New formula is so sticky it sometimes sticks to my teeth. A piece got stuck on my car seat on a hot day and ruined it!

Luckily I found Nicotinell Mint which is almost as mild as Nicabate original and I have gotten used to the flavour and really like it now. It's cheaper too, except...

I noticed Chemist Warehouse now has a 200 pack of the new Nicabate for 29.95. Hopefully that means they are trying to sell out the new formula before relaunching the old formula?

Meredith Whitford
Meredith Whitford

What idiot made the gum harder to remove from its wrapping???

The new 'improved' extra fresh mint gum has been given an extra layer of wrapping -- a paper surface which has to be peeled off (an almost impossible task) before you get to what seems to be tougher foil and plastic protecting the gum. I have to use scissors to break into it. It thus takes at least twice as long to obtain a piece of gum -- hardly useful when one is craving a cigarette. Whoever was responsible for this idiotic idea should be sacked.

Tanya
TanyaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thanks saved me extra money.

Why make something worse

This new gum is ridiculous. It tastes bad and is packaged like they don't want you to be able to get at it. Even when the old gum was in production it was sometimes hard to get because the stores would be out of stock. This new extra mint mustn't be selling because all the stores I go to have boxes of it falling off the shelves. You would think their marketing department would notice this. Bring back the old flavour and I will buy it but I will never buy the new extra mint, two pieces was enough.

Mick
Mick

Sneaky attempt to hike price

The new improved Nicabate Mint Gum seems to be no more than a typical "change the flavour/change the packaging" price hike undertaken without comment from Glaxo and without input from existing buyers. Like several comments already made, I too will be switching to another brand of nicotine substitute. Even worse, I may even take up smoking again. Perhaps the Glaxo marketing group should be given a copy of what happened when "new" Coke was introduced some years back. A classic study into how marketers sometime get it wrong.