Nicabate 24 Hour Patches

Nicabate 24 Hour Patches

Kept falling off

I was using another brand & they were great but my chemist suggested Nicabate so I purchased a 28 pack. I'm really sorry I did, they are not as good as the other brand I was using.

Nicabate patch nausea

Been trying nicabate patches make me feel sick. I'd rather have a cigarette and cough all day then take this crap, there has to be something else gov can do, besides having most expensive smokes in the world.

Won't stick and terrible side affects

The patches wont stick, after about an hr they come loose and the edges lift and then it hardly stays on, you have to constantly press on it to make it stick
I had terrible side affects from about 30m after putting it on. Terrible nausea, weird headaches, racing heartbeat and raised anxiety. Had to take the patch off 3 days in a row as the side affects were so bad.
The fact these are on the PBS is horrible. The government should not be subsidising this product.
Would not recommend and wont use again.

Helps

Found this to be the best of all cessation products I've tried. 'Stickier' than other patches on the market, and helped me handle the cravings. Only downside is the skin irritation, but it's a minor issue.

Non smoker

I have tried a bunch of times to quit, like everyone else, we talk ourselves out if it, I’ll just have one, I’ll only smoke when we go out! I decided to quit for New Years resolution, I find it easier when I’m at work, I like the routine, so on January 2 I attempted my quit, I put on a patch, and lasted 6 days without smoking, then I started to really really want a cigarette, (the other problem being my husband is still smoking!) the nonesense that is cravings only last up to 10 minutes is complete nonesense! what I did differently this time, I continued to use the patches, I had the odd cigarette, when it got really hard, never more than 5 a day, some days only one. I used will power somewhat, I didn’t smoke at work, only at home. Then after about 2 weeks of smoking i went out for my morning coffee, wasn’t sure if I really wanted one, but you know what it’s like, so I lit one, and immediately put it out, it tasted sooooooo bad, I haven’t smoked since, so, what I’m getting at, this really worked for me, the patches do work, but I think it’s a combination of patch, will power and smoking, until you are ready or the patches have properly kicked in! ive tried patches/cold turkey so many times, this is the first time I feel it’s worked, it’s the first time I actually feel like a non smoker. As for them sticking, I have had no problems, I stick them on a bum cheek, and my knickers keep them pressed against my skin, haven’t had one fall off. I hope this way helps someone else get across the line!

Great assistance in quitting

This product has been great in helping with my gravings while i have been quitting been using this for 4wks now would recomend this product to anyone wishing to give up i smoked 50 plus for 27 years

Appalling

These are the worst of 3 brands I have tried. They don't stick, they leave gum like glue on my skin that won't wash off and they leave my skin welted, blistered and stinging.
I've not had this problem with any other brands.
The government should look for something much less rubbish before putting it out on the PBS.
I can't imagine how they ever got to market with such a nasty product.

Amazing

If you put the patches on the outside of your arm they stay all day, I haven't had any problem with them not sticking? I haven't felt like a cigarette at all while wearing them and I know they work as I didn't put one on the other morning and I really wanted a cigarette, as soon as I put a patch on within 10mins the craving was gone! Amazing product, highly recommended it! I take it off before bed as I have heard it can give you nightmares.

Very very disappointed

I bought these patches because I was having dental work done and wasn't allowed to smoke! The patches didn't stick to my skin so therefore I was not getting what I needed and still had to smoke which made my recovery long and painful! I am very disappointed and out of pocket $40!

Doesn't stick

This product is absolutely waste of money. Doesn't stick. I used nicorette before. They are very good. I tried putting band aid around it but as only the edges with band aid stays on your skin I still crave nicotine. Worse thing is its PBS. Government should stop paying them for a rubbish product.

Patches not good

This is my 3rd box of patches they don't stick and I have to use more patches why are they not sticking Total waste of money maybe they need more glue on patches

Does not stick

I so be-dewed my skin it was red!
Granted in menopausal in an Australian summer. But nowhere on your packaging am I advised that it will not stick.
Nicolette patches do.

Won't stick

I've exfoliated, shaved and cleaned area with alcohol and pressed down for the 10 seconds. Wasted 3 patches trying to get one to stick. Have no medical tape either but if a product is meant to stick it should I shouldn't have to go purchase additional products to ensure the patches stick.

Patches not sticking???

It's important to remember with these things that one must strive to maintain a personal body circumstance that leaves your skin somewhat less than " Be- dewed '' by that I mean that any form of exercise that leaves ones pores seaping with sweat will have a deleterious effect on the adhesive properties of the patch. It also helps to give them a firm patting into position from time to time throughout the day. Any talk of the patches not sticking is baloney. But do watch that oozing

Waste of money

Patches simply do not stick! I used 3 patches in a matter of 1 hour and lost all of them. The most difficult part was that I had psyched myself up to quitting today and was totally let down by a product that is more expensive than other brands. I will purchase QuitX tomorrow and start all over again.

Fantastic product, have not smoked in 3 weeks and lost all cravings!

Have been using the patches for 3 weeks and havent wanted a cigarette at all! I have smoked for 35 years, so i am amazed at how the patches are working for me so far. I only wear them during the day, as I did find i was having horrible dreams at night, which I was told can happen with the patches. I am surprised at the bad reviews, but I believe the patches will only work if you truely want to give up smoking. I agree that they are sometimes hard to keep on skin, but other than that, I am happy with results so far. I am also happy that my appetite has not increased either, which is a bonus as I would stress if i gained weight. I suggest that if you are serious about giving up smoking, then give the patches a go.

Clearly not Adhesive

It’s clear to me if not to GlaxoSmithKline that their Nicabate (21mg) clear Patch product does not adhere to the majority of our skin types nor gives adequate aid or confidence in our endeavor to quit smoking by purchasing their product.

Per leaflet; How to apply the patch… If the patch peels off you may use a strip of adhesive tape to secure it. The patch is effective as long as it is against your skin.

What kind of nonsense is this; use a strip of tape? I thought I bought $47.00 worth of adhesive tape in Nicabate patches. Here GSK are simply covering their skin, not ours! Meanwhile we disgruntled quit smokers can do well by calling Ph: 1800 028 533 for more information. (The number is found on the pack.)

FYI Reviewers I called GSK, gave details about my Nicabate 21mg Clear Patch 2 week pack not sticking… They were apologetic, noted the defects and sent me a 2 week pack in the mail FREE.

I have certainly had much greater success with using OPAQUE patches in previous years :)

Those minor side effects (itching) in perspective are minimal compared to Lung Cancer and Emphysema etc.

[+] Reduces cravings, minor side effects are no comparison to continued smoking

Bad

I have been struggling to quit smoking for almost a year now and I’ve been scouring for ways to help me quit. I came across Nicabate and decided to give it a try. It was my first time using a patch so I was hopeful for a great outcome.

But to no avail. The patch kept coming off and in the end I would be smoking about three sticks to satisfy my cravings. What’s worse is that I’ve developed an allergic reaction from it. This product is a definite downer for me.
Inexpensive
Doesn’t last, patch always comes off, doesn’t work

Bad product

I am struggling enough to give up smoking and am sure you have the worst patches out there. I do everything right but I get to a point during the day that I have the worst cravings and to my amazement the patch has once again fallen off . Have you made a pact with the government to make the brand prescribed by doctors to fall off ?. I have started using another brand and guess what ?it stays on .I will be shouting from the roof tops how bad your product is and will also be telling my doctor about this!

Its won't stick!

I have had no problems with the patches sticking.Use micro pore tape around patch I always did

They just don't stick

I am very disappointed in this product. I have been using about 5 patches a day as opposed to the recommended one patch a day simply because they do not stick well to the skin. I have used other medication in the past that is dispensed through the skin and they all stuck well, so I can't understand why these patches are so poorly designed. Surely it is not a ploy by the company to get me to use more patches, because I will certainly not be buying this brand again. The positive is that while I can keep them on they do reduce cravings, but the frustration caused by them falling off and sticking to my [censored word removed] far outweighs the positive.
They help if you can get them to stick
They don't stick and keep coming off

I agree with you I have just started with batch No: D117095 Expirey 8/2014 Have used 10 in last three days just to get one to stick for a little while. What happened to good stick on. Unhappy. Queensland.I am having the same problem , I'm sure this is done on purpose .I have Changed brands they work . Seems funny the brand the doctors prescribe are the only ones that won't stick ?????? Guess you have your finger in the pie Nicabate ???????

I have been on the patches for 6 week. I am starting to get pains in my lower back (kidney area). Is this common and what is it doing to me. I don't want to give up the patches as yet because I haven't had a smoke since and think if I stop I will start to crave for on. I have been to my GP and had a test and it came back clear. What should I do?
Hi Ben. I am still using the patches and have not experienced the issue you have mentioned. Check the leaflet if it advises that your experience is a confirmed side effect. The only problem I have is getting them to stick (I used medical tape to hold them in place) and I have had a few minor headaches. No other issues.

Is there any diffrence beetween pre quit patches and the 21 mg or 14mg patch and would it be safer smoking while on 14mg patch rather pre quit if not why can i smoke on pre quit and not others said thanks
Not sure. I was on the 21mg patches and smoked at the same time as I was gradully reducing my smoking. If you smoke too much while on the patches, you can get head aches, so the lower mg the better. I however only smoked half cigarettes at a time while on patches.

Similar listings