Nissan Pulsar N16
Part of Nissan Pulsar 3.7

Nissan Pulsar N16 (2000-2005)

Nissan Pulsar N16

Features

André S.
André S.5 posts

Very good old car

Mine was a little bit behind regarding maintenance when I bought it. spark plugs etc. However, it's just a matter of servicing it properly. The car was in good condition for its age and did not get me in trouble. Comfortable, good space. Good on petrol; not outstanding, but good. Good vintage look. Show details
cyclefix
cyclefixGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  N16

Best car I have ever owned Excellent reliability never lets me down

Purchased in 2006 had 40,000 klm on the clock now 150,000
Planned to have it for 2 years normally buy Toyota's it's just so reliable, can't recall changing brake pads tyres last forever, on second set of tyres now, servicing car doesn't cost much, it's had one new battery
Visibility is second to none, large windows, find a new car with proper windows
Know I need to put new rubbers in suspension arms 18 years of road impact, probably do that myself
Doing my own services now, put a torch over motor & gearbox no oil leaks, can't find any visible problems
If you buy one make sure it's been serviced & not worn out, get it checked out Show details
Olivia
OliviaSydney, NSW5 posts
Mick
MickDarling Downs, QLD12 posts

Nissan Junk

I bought a 2005 Nissan Pulsar last week with 140,168 klms on it. On the way home with it there were times it would stall and need to be restarted. This week it cant start and the compression is very low on all cylinders. What a complete piece of junk. I have always had Toyota in the past and this kind of problem will never exist with any Toyota that only has 140k on it.
I should have known better from the problems with the Navara I had, never ever ever buy a Nissan......
Rob
Rob

Nissan Pulsar N16 Review

Nisan Pulsar N16 year 2000 model

Great little car has lasted 19 years to date and still running

issues over 19 years

cam crank sensors and rear sensor

lights flickering

key immobilser stopped but now working again just get a new key with a new transponder programmed to vehicle

apart from that has been very reliable car

Japanese cars are the best.

bsarah
bsarah7 posts

Love this car!

I use my car everyday to drive to uni in frankston from berwick. ive had it serviced once since ive owned it (just over a year) and everything was absolutly perfect !! the mechanic said there was no issue with it at all, and it is such a smooth drive. it is an older version, however, its been perfect for me as i am a P plater.

Aussie Mum
Aussie MumPerth, WA19 posts

Great car

I've had my Nissan Pulsar for about 12 years and it's still going strong. Ive had no major issues at all and it's never broken down. She has been a real little beauty as a run about car. Once I decide to update it I will be getting another Nissan no doubt.

Own 2 nissan pulsars thus far.

Andydawg
AndydawgAustralia
Elsie
ElsiePerth5 posts

Great car

Bought it with a fair and decent price. Its really a great deal car. Been driving it for 5 MTHS , so far it has been good and great to drive . Loving it and would recommend if anyone looking for this car. Cheap, great and reliable for the model.

Elaine Glenie
Elaine GlenieNortham, Western Australia6 posts

Lovely little car. Perfect in traffic. Very fuel economical

Plenty of room back and front. Low running costs. User friendly controls

Turns easily . Roomy boot, 4 door. Doors open wide enough to allow elderly people easy access tofront and rear doors.good sir conditioning and heat.ing. locks automatically if you foget to lock it. Duress button on key if in trouble.

Hoang
HoangAdelaide5 posts
  N16

Reliable, efficient and cheap to maintain

I've always had a positive experience with Nissan Pulsars. Never had any major issues with it and when I get my car serviced, it costs almost next to nothing. The only downfall is that it has manual windows so if you like the convenience of pushing a button, then this may frustrate you a bit. I do believe there is a focus on the engine quality versus a fancy interior. If you want something that runs well, is reliable, efficient, cheap to maintain and don't mind that your car isn't super fancy then this is the car.

Echo441
Echo441Newcastle2 posts
  N16

Great car for everyday commute

I purchased a 2004 Pulsar N16 sedan in July last year and still use it daily with no mechanical faults at 180,000km. It has been fully serviced for its lifetime and have nothing major go wrong with it, just the regular tyres, battery and a couple of bulbs. It is a nice drive and gets me to and from work everyday and is good on fuel.

wazza
wazzaAU2 posts

Great Car

great little big car. did use some oil, but after some long 1200km days driving hard it stopped using oil! reving a cars engine under load does many things, i have 240000km on the clock and does not cost me a dollar. i get 600km to a tank (50L) i have done 25000km in my car in 6months. great car for someone thats looking at buying a cheap car.

Marion
MarionNSW, 23405 posts

Love my Nissan Pulsar

It has a well set out dashboard, there is more legroom than I had in my older Camry, even though it is an older model Nissan it will definitely do me as I doubt I'll ever be able to get another car.

I get good fuel economy and the handling is very good.

Daniel
Daniel6 posts
  N16

Super reliable, great little car

Have had an 05 Pulsar for 2 years, great little reliable vehicle. Never broken down on me. Boot is big for a hatch and plenty of space in the front seats, back seats are a little bit cramped. Drives really well and very enjoyable to drive. Get about 400-500km on a 50L tank.

The only problem is that I find the drivers seat a bit uncomfortable, have not been able to position it correctly. If I have a drive longer then an hour then I often get a sore back. The headrests tilt forward and are a little weird too. Could probably be fixed by someone who knows how to position seats or by replacing.

Overall though it's absolutely great, love driving this car.