Nissan Pulsar N16

Nissan Pulsar N16 (2000-2005)

Mick

MickDarling Downs, QLD

Nissan Junk

I bought a 2005 Nissan Pulsar last week with 140,168 klms on it. On the way home with it there were times it would stall and need to be restarted. This week it cant start and the compression is very low on all cylinders. What a complete piece of junk. I have always had Toyota in the past and this kind of problem will never exist with any Toyota that only has 140k on it.
I should have known better from the problems with the Navara I had, never ever ever buy a Nissan......

Nissan Pulsar N16 Review

Nisan Pulsar N16 year 2000 model
Great little car has lasted 19 years to date and still running

issues over 19 years

cam crank sensors and rear sensor
lights flickering
key immobilser stopped but now working again just get a new key with a new transponder programmed to vehicle
apart from that has been very reliable car
Japanese cars are the best.

Date PurchasedMar 2003
bsarah

bsarah

Love this car!

I use my car everyday to drive to uni in frankston from berwick. ive had it serviced once since ive owned it (just over a year) and everything was absolutly perfect !! the mechanic said there was no issue with it at all, and it is such a smooth drive. it is an older version, however, its been perfect for me as i am a P plater.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Aussie Mum

Aussie MumPerth, WA

Great car

I've had my Nissan Pulsar for about 12 years and it's still going strong. Ive had no major issues at all and it's never broken down. She has been a real little beauty as a run about car. Once I decide to update it I will be getting another Nissan no doubt.
Own 2 nissan pulsars thus far.

BadgePlus

Date PurchasedAug 2010
Elsie

ElsiePerth

Great car

Bought it with a fair and decent price. Its really a great deal car. Been driving it for 5 MTHS , so far it has been good and great to drive . Loving it and would recommend if anyone looking for this car. Cheap, great and reliable for the model.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Elaine Glenie

Elaine GlenieNortham, Western Australia

Lovely little car. Perfect in traffic. Very fuel economical

Plenty of room back and front. Low running costs. User friendly controls
Turns easily . Roomy boot, 4 door. Doors open wide enough to allow elderly people easy access tofront and rear doors.good sir conditioning and heat.ing. locks automatically if you foget to lock it. Duress button on key if in trouble.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Hoang

HoangAdelaide

Reliable, efficient and cheap to maintain

I've always had a positive experience with Nissan Pulsars. Never had any major issues with it and when I get my car serviced, it costs almost next to nothing. The only downfall is that it has manual windows so if you like the convenience of pushing a button, then this may frustrate you a bit. I do believe there is a focus on the engine quality versus a fancy interior. If you want something that runs well, is reliable, efficient, cheap to maintain and don't mind that your car isn't super fancy then this is the car.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Echo441

Echo441Newcastle

Great car for everyday commute.

I purchased a 2004 Pulsar N16 sedan in July last year and still use it daily with no mechanical faults at 180,000km. It has been fully serviced for its lifetime and have nothing major go wrong with it, just the regular tyres, battery and a couple of bulbs. It is a nice drive and gets me to and from work everyday and is good on fuel.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Great Car

great little big car. did use some oil, but after some long 1200km days driving hard it stopped using oil! reving a cars engine under load does many things, i have 240000km on the clock and does not cost me a dollar. i get 600km to a tank (50L) i have done 25000km in my car in 6months. great car for someone thats looking at buying a cheap car.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Marion

MarionNSW, 2340

Love my Nissan Pulsar

It has a well set out dashboard, there is more legroom than I had in my older Camry, even though it is an older model Nissan it will definitely do me as I doubt I'll ever be able to get another car.
I get good fuel economy and the handling is very good.

Engine Size2.0L Petrol
Date PurchasedMar 2013
Daniel

Daniel

Super reliable, great little car

Have had an 05 Pulsar for 2 years, great little reliable vehicle. Never broken down on me. Boot is big for a hatch and plenty of space in the front seats, back seats are a little bit cramped. Drives really well and very enjoyable to drive. Get about 400-500km on a 50L tank.

The only problem is that I find the drivers seat a bit uncomfortable, have not been able to position it correctly. If I have a drive longer then an hour then I often get a sore back. The headrests tilt forward and are a little weird too. Could probably be fixed by someone who knows how to position seats or by replacing.

Overall though it's absolutely great, love driving this car.

BodyHatch
BadgeST-S
Date PurchasedMay 2014
chaau

chaauGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best car in terms of reliability

I owned a Nissan for ten years since brand new. I bought it in 2005. It was the last N16 model before Nissan briefly discontinued the model in Australia for a few years. I have never had issues with it except for a small water pump failure about 7 years on. Even with the faulty water pump I was able to drive it to my mechanic to have it replaced. $150 total repair cost for a car I had driven daily for 10 years. My mechanic loved my car so much that that he bought it from me to use as a courtesy car for his customers when I upgraded this Pulsar last year.

BadgeST-L
Date PurchasedJune 2005
Jay P

Jay PBattaramulla

Really Good Family Car.

I have being using N16 almost 10 years. Exceed 220,000 KM. I have replace only disk break set and shock absober sets and some suspension parts. Similar very minor repairs. It is really a good car never disappointed me. I sold recently for a good value to upgrade for a change. Very steady car on the road at any condition. Very good ground clearance. Does about 9-10 KM L in the traffic and 13 KM L. There is a common failure in the dash board panel due to sun heat and some fault indication on the meter board. Out station.

Badge*****
Dazza

DazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good car issue with c-locking

My keyless entry isn't working,the interior light dosent work on door nor does the the rear demister,checked all fuses,no fault found. Was getting 450k from a tank put neulon petrol additive went from 450-600k straight away. Replaced the starter motor last year. Not using a drop of oil yet,it's got 175k

BadgeQ

MarkR51

MarkR51Shellharbour

Nissan N16 5 bolt gearbox conversion

BadgePlus
zyuadl

zyuadlAdelaide

2005 Manual ST burns lots of oil

Had a 2005 Pulsar sedan for 6 years. It drove well, and never missed a start. BUT it started burning lots of oil after 100k km, and became worse and worse after 150k (around 500mL every 700-800km). It seems that it is a common problem for Pulsar N16's QG18DE engine, which is susceptible to worn piston rings.

It's basically my child

I've got a 2005 N16 MY04 Nissan Pulsar ST, never missed a beat. Once it hit 100,000kms I had issues with the cam sensors and crank sensors. But, Nissan diagnosed the problem within 10 minutes and I bought the parts online and easily fitted them myself for bout $250. That's the worst that's happened to this baby and I've had it for almost 10 years now. This car has seen some things ha! I love it, reliable, solid and economical.

BadgeST

What is 'good' fuel economy for the Nissan Pulsar ST-L 2005 ????

I know the fuel tank is 50 litres but I just watch the fuel gauge move to empty far quicker than I would like to see! From my calculations I think it's only getting around 450 klms per tank.

Does that seem ok or normal? It is a manual 2005 model with low k's, has been well looked after by original owner. Happy with the car overall.... just bad fuel economy!

BadgeST-L
Alex Tsokas

Alex TsokasMelbourne, Victoria

2001 Nissan Pulsar

The best car ever very reliable with no problems far less than a ford ours has just been in smash but I will buy another the same. Highlly recomend it.

BodyHatch