Nobby's Salted Peanuts

Nobby's Salted Peanuts

Kevin from Geelong

Kevin from GeelongSouthwest, VIC

Gone to the dogs

A steady decline in the quality of Nobbys peanuts over the last few years came to a head with the last packet I bought (Mar 20), they were dry, tasteless and stale, even though the best before date was August. This will be my last purchase which is disappointing as I've enjoyed them for over 50 years. A once tasty treat is now just cheap and uninspiring.

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths for $3.95.

Jim and Margaret perth

Cant disagree with any of the comments, what is everyone nibbling on now

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths for $3.99.

Daz

DazSouth East Queensland, QLD

No salt, the nuts are TERRIBLE!!

Just bought a 375gram packet of salted peanuts, boy I wish I had of seen these reviews before I bought them. Well they've just gone in the bin! Where's the salt, the peanuts were awful to say the least, what a waste of money. I will never buy them again, it's really sad to see a once good product go downhill just like other aussie companies of late, and just to save a buck I bet, or are they just relying on the products past reputation. Hey Nobby's, take a good look in the mirror, people are moving away from your product...listen to the reviews and you might save the brand and face!!

Purchased in March 2020 for $3.70.

Python

PythonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

not happy

What happened to this product the peanuts used to be slightly oily now there dry and horrible very disappointed

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles Group & Myer Gift Card for $4.50.

John

JohnPerth, WA

Where's the salt?

Nobby's salted peanuts used to be my beers favourite companion. The last couple of packets seem to be reduced salt. Still quite good but i loved the saltier tasting version.

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

Stale, tasteless, damp

I used to love the salt and vinegar nuts, but the last few packets have been tasteless, stale, and almost wet. I thought maybe we were unlucky but reading this I can see it's a bigger issue. We won't be buying again.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Disappointing

What has happened to the Red Skins (as well as the salted nuts)? The salt has gone and they are no longer fresh. I won't be buying them anymore.
If you can't get the decent nuts or salt, make a press release and stop putting the inferior product on the shelves until you have rectified the problem. Otherwise this part of your business is going to spiral downwards. Think about it.

Rhonda W

Rhonda WSydney, NSW

Salt?

I always loved my SALTY Nobby's nuts! Have bought and eaten them for years.
What has happened? They have gone backwards - hardly anymore salt!
Please put the 'salt' back in - will not be purchasing again if this does not happen!
You could always make 'unsalted' packs without playing with the salted ones.
Very, very disappointed!

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths.

Really 0 stars. What's happened Nobby's??

I second pretty much everything said below. Put the salt back. Stop mucking with the ingredients without notification as its dangerous for those of us with health issues. Cashews are also disappointing and without quality consistency. Feels like we're getting 3rd rate leftover nuts :'(

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles.

kdaly

kdalyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Where's the salt?

Used to love Nobby's brand peanuts, reliable quality nut and great salt ratio. However they must have changed the formula, last couple of packets have been bland. Stop messing with stuff.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

I’m with the other reviewers!

What has happened to an Aussie favourite? Horrible, stale taste that lingers in your mouth. Don’t even smell like peanuts. What is going on?

Anthony B.

Anthony B.South East Queensland, QLD

Sack whoever's changed Nobby

Nobbys have always been the market leading peanut. Now no better than a cheap generic. Soft, low salt, taste stale. I thought it was just a bad packet for the last couple, but I am never buying these again.Why tinker with the best? Lost me forever. This is worse marketing than Woolworths so called improved coleslaw...GLUG.
Please stop trying to improve everything just to keep your job.

Purchased in February 2020 at IGA for $3.99.

Jeff

JeffHunter Region, NSW

Don’t nibble Nobbys Nuts

Yesterday I bought my fourth recent big pack of Nobbys salted nuts, after carefully choosing the longest remaining date. June. I checked because the previous three packs have been terrible and I thought it may be an unusual seasonal problem. I threw two packets out uneaten. The salted nuts this time are just as bad. Terrible. I’m phoning tomorrow to seek a refund. I know, I’m a slow learner.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $4.00.

Chay D.

Chay D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Whats happening to Nobby's Nuts

I am 55 years old and have been eating Nobbie's nuts for as long as I can remember. They have always been superior salted nut than any other on the market. but recently I have noticed that like everything out there the quality has dropped dramatically. The nuts are soft and of poor quality. they look and taste the same as all the generic brands. Shame on you Nobbie's, Pick up your game or you will loose a life long customer.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles.

Anthony

AnthonyVictoria

Nobbys Salted Nuts - Disappointing recent purchases

I have been buying and eating Nobbys Salted Peanuts for many years (and they have been fantastic). However when I have bought them recently, I've found them to be stale and lacking the previous amounts of salt/salty taste. I've even tried adding a bit of salt to the packet - but that doesn't work and I shouldn't need to do it. Perhaps Nobbys should have a good look at VB Beer when they lowered the alcohol content and still tried to pass it off as genuine tasting VB Beer - sales plummeted and eventually after many months, VB was reinstated to what people wanted to taste. As for Nobbys, I won't be buying them again in their current format.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

Mrs N.

Mrs N.Northampton

Changed but didn't tell consumers

Used to love these peanuts with a few drinks. Neighbour also who has type 2. Only nuts he could have without impacting. Beer nuts had higher carb content so peanuts s staple. Suddenly, started impacting. He thought must be him then I noticed carb content now same as beer nuts which has corn syrup in glaze. It's ok to change product but you need to let the consumer know it's "improved" or whatever your marketing strategy is. Underhanded not good. Was this change when the 500g packet stopped being available? Not impressed Nobby's. You've lost another customer! Had to click on one star to review.

Martin Perry

Martin PerrySydney, NSW

Where has the salt gone

When Nobby’s salted peanuts nuts first came out they were really good. They were a genuine salted nut, the salt stuck to the nut. What has gone wrong over the last few years, they are dry with the only salt to be found is in the bottom of the package. They are now crap and should be taken off the market for false advertising, they are no longer a salted peanut.

Purchased in January 2020 for $5.00.

Salted peanuts

Over the last few months there is no salt on the salted peanuts they taste very plain if I wanted unsalted nuts I would buy them so I not going to be purchasing them anymore

Purchased in January 2020 at Melton .

Frank and Terezia Varga

Frank and Terezia VargaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unfortunately have gone stale

My old time favorite as a snack for a very long time but the last few purchases I found the nuts tasted like they have been in the packet before man walked on the moon, absolutely terrible and will not be purchasing again.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for $6.95.

Quality of nuts