Nobby's Salted Peanuts

Nobby's Salted Peanuts

Rhonda W

Rhonda WSydney, NSW

Salt?

I always loved my SALTY Nobby's nuts! Have bought and eaten them for years.
What has happened? They have gone backwards - hardly anymore salt!
Please put the 'salt' back in - will not be purchasing again if this does not happen!
You could always make 'unsalted' packs without playing with the salted ones.
Very, very disappointed!

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths.

Really 0 stars. What's happened Nobby's??

I second pretty much everything said below. Put the salt back. Stop mucking with the ingredients without notification as its dangerous for those of us with health issues. Cashews are also disappointing and without quality consistency. Feels like we're getting 3rd rate leftover nuts :'(

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles.

kdaly

kdalyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Where's the salt?

Used to love Nobby's brand peanuts, reliable quality nut and great salt ratio. However they must have changed the formula, last couple of packets have been bland. Stop messing with stuff.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

I’m with the other reviewers!

What has happened to an Aussie favourite? Horrible, stale taste that lingers in your mouth. Don’t even smell like peanuts. What is going on?

Anthony B.

Anthony B.South East Queensland, QLD

Sack whoever's changed Nobby

Nobbys have always been the market leading peanut. Now no better than a cheap generic. Soft, low salt, taste stale. I thought it was just a bad packet for the last couple, but I am never buying these again.Why tinker with the best? Lost me forever. This is worse marketing than Woolworths so called improved coleslaw...GLUG.
Please stop trying to improve everything just to keep your job.

Purchased in February 2020 at IGA for $3.99.

Jeff

JeffHunter Region, NSW

Don’t nibble Nobbys Nuts

Yesterday I bought my fourth recent big pack of Nobbys salted nuts, after carefully choosing the longest remaining date. June. I checked because the previous three packs have been terrible and I thought it may be an unusual seasonal problem. I threw two packets out uneaten. The salted nuts this time are just as bad. Terrible. I’m phoning tomorrow to seek a refund. I know, I’m a slow learner.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $4.00.

Chay D.

Chay D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Whats happening to Nobby's Nuts

I am 55 years old and have been eating Nobbie's nuts for as long as I can remember. They have always been superior salted nut than any other on the market. but recently I have noticed that like everything out there the quality has dropped dramatically. The nuts are soft and of poor quality. they look and taste the same as all the generic brands. Shame on you Nobbie's, Pick up your game or you will loose a life long customer.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles.

Anthony

AnthonyVictoria

Nobbys Salted Nuts - Disappointing recent purchases

I have been buying and eating Nobbys Salted Peanuts for many years (and they have been fantastic). However when I have bought them recently, I've found them to be stale and lacking the previous amounts of salt/salty taste. I've even tried adding a bit of salt to the packet - but that doesn't work and I shouldn't need to do it. Perhaps Nobbys should have a good look at VB Beer when they lowered the alcohol content and still tried to pass it off as genuine tasting VB Beer - sales plummeted and eventually after many months, VB was reinstated to what people wanted to taste. As for Nobbys, I won't be buying them again in their current format.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

Mrs N.

Mrs N.Northampton

Changed but didn't tell consumers

Used to love these peanuts with a few drinks. Neighbour also who has type 2. Only nuts he could have without impacting. Beer nuts had higher carb content so peanuts s staple. Suddenly, started impacting. He thought must be him then I noticed carb content now same as beer nuts which has corn syrup in glaze. It's ok to change product but you need to let the consumer know it's "improved" or whatever your marketing strategy is. Underhanded not good. Was this change when the 500g packet stopped being available? Not impressed Nobby's. You've lost another customer! Had to click on one star to review.

Martin Perry

Martin PerrySydney, NSW

Where has the salt gone

When Nobby’s salted peanuts nuts first came out they were really good. They were a genuine salted nut, the salt stuck to the nut. What has gone wrong over the last few years, they are dry with the only salt to be found is in the bottom of the package. They are now crap and should be taken off the market for false advertising, they are no longer a salted peanut.

Purchased in January 2020 for $5.00.

Salted peanuts

Over the last few months there is no salt on the salted peanuts they taste very plain if I wanted unsalted nuts I would buy them so I not going to be purchasing them anymore

Purchased in January 2020 at Melton .

Frank and Terezia Varga

Frank and Terezia VargaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unfortunately have gone stale

My old time favorite as a snack for a very long time but the last few purchases I found the nuts tasted like they have been in the packet before man walked on the moon, absolutely terrible and will not be purchasing again.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for $6.95.

Quality of nuts

Quality of Nobbys nuts deteriorated over last years . Taste old

Chris

ChrisMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

No more Nobbys

I used to love Nobbys Nuts - but Ive done my dash and bought the last packet of stale nuts ..... ever. I will not waste another $

Purchased in December 2019.

Gloria Kirkpatrick

Gloria KirkpatrickAU

Tasteless, awful texture

I bought the salt & vinegar flavoured peanuts and could not believe the poor quality and bland taste. Whatever happened to quality control. Whatever happened to using Australian peanuts! So very disappointed and will not buy again. This is the second time I have been stung by Nobby's.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.00.

Barb

BarbMelbourne

Not Australian grown - what a pity

Very dissapointed that I have just bought 2 packets of Nobby's peanuts, without checking until I got home, only to discover they are less than 10% Australian grown and it does not say from where they are sourced. I won't buy them again.

Purchased in November 2019.

Sad nut lover

Sad nut loverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Knobby has been gelded.

Shame they don't have a negative star to give Nobby's nuts. Have lost me as a long term customer - less than 10% Aussie nuts & the taste & quality have definitely gone from the front of Nobby to the back of Knobby.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.50.

Gary

GaryNorthern Region, NSW

Poor quality

I used to love Nobbys nuts but they now taste like the cheap no name ones

Golly

Golly

If there was a negative star I would have rated it minus

I agree with the majority of reviewers that Nobby's Nuts are now disgusting. I've phoned Smiths' feedback line to complain in the past hoping they would listen and lift their game. Nobby's nuts used to be a premium Australian product and cost more than home brand products which was ok. There is a review by someone 'Khan' on here and I suspect they work for Smiths saying the product is great. Please delete.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $7.00.

What happened?

I have enjoyed nobbys beer nuts for almost 40 years. The product has changed that much it makes me sick.
Sad goodbye Nobbys. Thanks for all the years of pleasure, time to change to another brand!