Nobby's Salted Peanuts

Nobby's Salted Peanuts

MickD

MickDSoutheast, SA

Are these nuts Chinese, Agentinian or just plain guano?

First bag of Nobby's Beer Nuts for years. Disgusted, they taste nothing like peanuts, and having tasted Chinese peanuts they could be twins. I think I will gather rabbit droppings, they should taste better!

Purchased in April 2021 at Woolworths for $297.00.

Victoria

Victoria New South Wales

No good

Second bag of terrible Nobbys peanuts. The nuts look terrible and taste just as bad, it’s as if they are stale. Have always bought Nobbys but will now be looking for an alternatives.

Purchased in April 2020.

Carole

CaroleCharters Towers

Slowly getting worse

If the nuts tasted anything like those shown on the packet, they would be half decent. Unfortunately they are hard, dry and tasteless. False advertising. Will not be wasting my money on Nobby’s Nuts again.

Purchased in March 2021.

Stephen

Stephen

All I need are good peanuts

Stephen B
I buy the Coles Australian peanuts which were great but seeing as the Australian crops failed last year I could not obtain them so I bought the Nobby's salted nuts they were poor & so discarded which was strange as Nobby's have always been good although I have not bought them for 4 years. so I tried the Nobby's Beer nuts a little better but not enjoyable sad.

Purchased in February 2021.

Erin

ErinQueensland

Nobbys Nuts used to be the best! Not any more :(

I grew up with Nobbys Nuts and they were the best! Now and then I buy a packet hoping that they've gone back to how they used to be but nope, they're not. They used to have a lovely film of oil over them with actual salt, not powdered salt! I'd like to know who took over the company and who changed the recipe!? Don't try to fix what isn't broken!!!! Bring back the old recipe please Nobby's!

Purchased in February 2021 at IGA for $7.50.

DWSURF

DWSURFSydney

Rubbish now!

Nobbys used to be good quality but now rubbish. Cheap imported nuts passed off under previous brand. Smaller, imperfect shape is visual give away. Bland taste confirms. Not sure is always the case as seems sometimes you get a good bag but too inconsistent for me. Never again.

Purchased in January 2021 for $3.50.

Chris G.

Chris G.Peel, WA

Nibble Nobby's Nuts

I purchased my packet of Nobby's peanuts from Woolworths. They are fresh and tasty. One star off because they're not Australian but everything else is fine. Enjoy nibbling those Nobby's nuts!

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.00.

Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson

lapse of Quality control

Sometimes you get a good bag but it’s getting more common that they are getting worse, no salt or very little salt and some bags we’ve been throwing away as they have a lot darker and not as tasty as some previous bags, so I suggest quality control has been rather lapse!

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles Supermarkets.

SG

SG

Not Australian peanuts.

A friend brought these around and we found they are not Australian peanuts. That explains why they taste terrible. It doesn’t state on the pack where the peanuts are from.

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles.

Smoodge

SmoodgePerth, WA

Awful

I used to buy these nuts regularly as they were of superior quality. This latest bag I have bought are absolute garbage. Stale and dry and pretty tasteless. Needless to say will be going in the bin.

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles.

Dakota1

Dakota1Perth

DRY & TASTELESS!

These are amongst the WORST nuts I have ever eaten, nasty, dry and no flavor! I took my bag back to Woolworths for a refund! Funny I purchased a cheap home brand bag while I was there and found them to be quite delicious, and came in a foil bag! Nobby's are inexpensive - AND taste it!!! I would rather pay more for QUALITY and TASTE......

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Belle

BelleAshburton

Inferior nuts buckets of salt

The Nobby’s Nit range is inexplicably the most salt saturated and least enjoyable treat. I purchased salted peanuts and the mixed nuts and there is vertically no difference. A few cashews and almonds, 3% and the rest is peanuts and it’s triple the price. Seriously unethical and inferior brand cannot recommend them and they are not AU ingredients so maybe buy local and save your arteries from hardening from the salt pit.

Purchased in December 2020 for $8.00.

tasteless rubbish

the most awful nuts ever, unfortunately a lot of pubs sell them as their cheap , but they are nasty flavourless nuts, KP nuts are without doubt the best

crloldham

crloldhamSydney, NSW

what is going wrong with nobby's

this packet still has 4 months of date on it and there is no salt whatsoever and the nuts are stale. what is going on ? this used to b e the best product on the market but not from this packet.

Krammig

KrammigGold Coast

Salt and Vinegar Nobbys Nuts - Tasteless and No Salt

Very disappointed, once again, with Nobbys. You would think I learnt from my last purchase of the bland tasteless salted (not) peanuts.

I love salt and vinegar chips so naturally I wanted to give these a go. A waste of money.

Yes there was a hint of vinegar flavor which was nice, but again the nuts themselves are just "tasteless". Really just tasteless. Aussie peanuts have a nutty flavor, a nice roasted type nut flavor but the imported ones are simply a nothing emptiness.

Moreover, No Salt. It says - Salt and Vinegar - but there is no salt. Crazy.

Anyway, bottom line, don't bother.

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $3.00.

JackADELAIDE

Not Buying Anymore

We grow Peanuts in Australia yet these have "10% Australian Content".
Probably the packet they come in or maybe the salt is Australian?
What a joke. Peanuts are smaller as well.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

KIngfood

KIngfoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nuts are fine. Tasty and salty.

I am sure all these bogans complaining because they thin they are from China. Just check your clothes and shoes muppets. Everything is made in China! anyways - nice nuts!

Purchased in September 2020 for $2.50.

Andy

AndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

After decades of eating Nobby’s peanuts, I’ve stopped now. Yuck!

I’m not sure what you’ve done, but you’ve reduced yourself to the rest of the competitors and turned it into an undesirable snack. No more...No thanks. Sad Sad Sad... and extremely disappointing.
Regards, Lost customer.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles.

Ravin

RavinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nobbys beer nuts

I bought a pack of Nobbys beer nuts from Coles after a long time. They used to taste good before but this time they were yak, bit hard and no taste. Checked the pack, it said less than 10% Australian ingredients.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $3.00.

Heartbroken

I lived in Ghana West Africa for many years and ate heaps of their Groundnuts (peanuts) also according to local cuisine cooked with them weekly - they were absolutely delicious . Being an Aussie I kept Telling everyone our Aussie peanuts. Nobbys Nuts were the brand I remembered. Came back to live in Australia and bought good old Nobbys!! What has happened?? My reality is shattered. Nobbys are no more. They are dry, small, no salt, no oil, horrible.
Sorry - my heart is broken,

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolies.