Ozito MFR-250

Ozito MFR-250

See the Best Multi Tools in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Damien M.

Damien M.Southwest, VIC

An active Tradie cannot kill it

I do top end works in domestic construction...circa $2 million projects. I have had mine just gone 3 years and it has been used relentlessly from cutting cement sheet and plaster to removing sections of skirting boards and architraves and cornice to assist cabinet makers. Yes it is noisy and yes it does get hot. I would not spend more when I do not need to.

Purchased in April 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $75.00.

shootingstar

shootingstarWOULDN'T U LIKE 2KNOW, Nsw

Best thing!

So good for so many things! After buying this I realized it was something I need a long time ago! Removed grout from bathroom tiles with ease in no time, sanding no problem! Well priced from Bunnings, best thing I purchased this year it's made life easier. Noticed it's been discontinued I'm sure i saw these in Bunnings other day, BRING BACK THE MULTI TOOL!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
funkynana

funkynanaThe Mallee, VIC

Perfect tool

great tool to use when cutting hole for power point , very good tool, renovating atm and this tool comes in handy. great price. come with case. Hubby loves it. Ozitio tools are a great price dont need to spend heaps on expensive tools when these do just as good. Thank you Ozitio.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Barb

BarbNew South Wales

Best power tools I have had

I have about 25 Ozito power tools and never had a problem. There new tools have a 5 year warranty and 3 years on batteries. You cannot beat that. I started buying them 4 years ago and use them a lot at home and cannot wear them out. For the home handyman you cannot beat Ozito. I will not buy any other power tool. I even screwed down the roof on our house with the impact driver and it is still working beautifully, over 1,000 screws.

colin

colinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Top tool.

I had a sliding door that needed the gap widened. The Ozito did the job in a few minutes. No problem with the new Quick Change MFQ3100 model. Works like a charm. Quieter than I expected. AOK tool for the price.

Potentially dangerous tool

First time I used this tool I attempted to change blades without disconnecting the power. The fine print says you should do this, however I did not expect the tool to jump into life whilst I had my had on the cutting blade and the head of the machine to use the allen key. The switch is very easily switched on . It shouldn't be. There at least should be larger warnings about the touchy nature of the switch.
Price
Touchy switch with no protection against injury

Loud and vibration

It's a decent entry level tool.
I bought the Ozito multi-tool and used it fix a door jamb, it did the job fine (I'm a newbie diy).
I've discovered how much is vibrates and how very loud it gets (I live in a flat).
I think if designers can make it so people who live in apartments don't tick off their neighbours, I'd be using these type of diy tools more often.
efficient, even for inexperienced.
too much noise and vibration.

Daz

DazGosford

Very Handy tool to own

I spent 70 dollars on this, and it made dismantling my old kitchen so easy, it saved me having to spend hundreds on gyprock , as it was so accurate cutting between the gyprock and the old cupboards. It was fun to use and cut through the kitchen like it was butter!
Easy to use, works great for a DIY situation.
Seems to get very warm

Sylvia ElseAU

Parts easily lost

The accessories are attached to the tool by means of bolt which is tightened using the supplied Allen key. On the bolt there is a *small* *black* spring washer. The washer is easily dropped and in a typical work environment. thereby lost. Even a specialist fastener store was unable to provide a replacement. - the washer has to fit into an indentation, and standard spring washers that fit the bolt are too wide for the indentation. So lose that washer, and you'll have to wait for a spare part before you can use the tool again.

Small spring washer is easily lost when changing attachments and difficult to replace quickly. This is a real pain.

Alan

I now have my own Ozito Multi-function tool so I know what you are talking about. I have my own washer/spring washer/nuts/bolts store ( bought them as a 200(?) piece set). I had no trouble whatsoever finding 10+ perfect replacements!!!

Alan

Sylvia. Many workshop tools have sharp blades of necessity.. If you are not confident about using them without injury then maybe you should leave them to the experts!

SnozAU

Pretty good really

it,s cheaper than the leading brands but it certainly does everything I need it to do. A very universal tool. If you intend on using it every weekend then perhaps buy a big name brand but for general DYI this is perfect. $79 at Bunnings in Brisbane Sep 2012. Accessory kit with some extras was $19.
Price, carry case

The 'Ozito' Multi Function Tool

Dan03
Dan03

Has anyone had any experience using the multifunction tool to cut those tricky cuts in ceramic floor tiles?? If so, what knid of blade was best for this??

Barry L

Barry Lasked

should the multi function tool be able to sand down concrete on a new front door step?

spike

spikeasked

is the ozito muti tool able to cut metal?

Snoz

Aluminium or some thin metal but otherwise use another tool

BrianW51
BrianW51

I have use mine to cut through sheet metal on guttering, but had to get "bimetal" blades first, $12 something for two on eBay. No problems cutting but I find that the pins holding the blade in place have dropped out. This renders the machine useless. Don't know if the metal cutting and extra vibration was the cause, or if it's an inherent fault. Will check with Ozito to find out what they have to say on the matter. Hopefully I can replace the base plate with the pins but not hopeful.

Grahamw29

Grahamw29asked

Will this tool accept the Bosch brand accessory blades? The Ozito site calls the the accessory multi-fitment so I assume they would.

Duke43

Hi Grahamw29- I can't say positively just yet, as I've never tried this. However, I'm going to my local Bunnings store this weekend and I'll be replacing the small flat cutter blade which I've misplaced, with a new blade. I'll try a Bosch and see how I go. This tool has been getting a fair bit of work lately and has continued to help in jobs that would have been a real pain in the neck to attempt to do not that long ago. It still has my 'thumbs up'. I'll follow this email with another over the weekend to let you know. Regards, Frank.

Barry Taylor
Barry Taylor

Hi,
I live acroos the ditch and have had a Fein for some 20 years,(very expensive), also a Harrkon,(cheap), and have two friends who now have Ozitos after their Bosh Green multitools kept burning out.They have had no problems and yes they will accept all blades.
Check out Universal Blades, I now buy mine off Trade Me as they out perform every other brand by a large margin and they are very well priced.

Get an answer from our members and Ozito representatives

CategoryMulti Tools