Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL

Recording Quality
Software
Reliability
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mefistofele, thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback, we appreciate the great features you mention and the way you would like to see improvements for the product.

Mefistofele

I would have liked the DVD player to be multi-zoned out-of-the-box!

Lou Symonds

Lou SymondsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated from my old Panasonic SD Twin Tuner

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $467.00.

Recording Quality
Software
Reliability
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lou, thank you for the detailed positive feedback. It is great to see you have been able to see the upgrades from your old recorder. The 1 second start up is definitely a great feature for those last minute recordings.

jessieinnewy51

jessieinnewy51Hunter Region, NSW

Good Performer but slightly Over Priced by some retailers.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jessie, thank you for providing such detailed feedback and information on how to setup the product. Great to see your good use of the operating instructions also!

TattzAU

Advertising Agencies Hate This Device

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review on the product. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if you would like assistance with the sync issue.

bilnrobn

bilnrobnWestern Australia

A great recorder, but some Manual info a bit sketchy

The straight forward stuff is well explained and easy to follow. I love it. However some instructions are a little hard to find or follow. Recording a programme on every Monday to Friday I know is possible, but have yet to discover how to set it. For the moment I'm working around that and my overall impression is favorable.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Three Tuners: the Way to Go

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Sandipooh

SandipoohSydney, NSW

It works but overall disappointing for a premium priced product

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Near perfection. Without something like this, watching commercial TV is plain impossible.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Roger H

Roger H

Coming to terms with losing Tivo.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
mrpatto

mrpattoSydney

Great when it works

I love this recorder when it works. With 3 HD tuners I never miss a show and can watch all my catch up without adds. I don't know if it's just my one but every few months I've had to reset it as it's stopped recording. As I said I love it but could work better.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Bumper

BumperMelbourne

Panasonic fantastic recorder.

This Panasonic DMR-BWT955 GL Blu-Ray Recorder is just great,it has 3 tuners which allows for more recording options, the editing feature is so good and easy to use, the up-scaling to 4K is also great, it produces a great 4K like picture. You can also set serial recording and so easy to setup from the TV guide feature.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

This machine is almost perfect

Fantastic quality recordings, huge amount of recording space (2GB), plays Blu-Rays and region free DVDs. Recording through the Guide is so easy even Mon-Fri recordings. Can record three programmes at once. Be sure to update the firmware immediately on purchase, this solves a few problems recording through the Guide. Haven't tried 4K as my TV is not capable.

Thad

ThadRyde

If only it worked the way it should

The recorder does not always record the TV program from the TV guide. Selecting a TV program to record every week the unit will not record the TV programme if it does not obtain the information from the TV guide, which is often. The recorder has a problem obtaining (reading) current TV guide from the various TV channels. Also beware the recorder only up-scales to 4k which means it will not play 4k dvd's

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Gazzasbees

GazzasbeesAnna Bay

Excellent unit and has not missed a beat so far

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Unable to do basic things

NOT a TIVO alternative. Can not pause live tv unless you are recording it. Can not pause a recording and watch another channel. Very bad control. To many basic hic ups to list. I believe that all the great reviews are submitted by Panasonic staff. Third Panasonic purchase. Tv is ok. Home theatre product the worst I have ever bought.

Gavin17

Gavin17Noosa Heads Qld

BEWARE - DOES NOT PLAY 4K DVD/VIDEOS - Despite 4K Badge!

Bought this unit and 4K OLED TV to watch 4K Videos as the clear BOLD 4K badging on the unit and tech data showed that it was 4K ...but it will not actually play 4K Videos as expected.....".cannot read this..."
I feel quite unimpressed by this deception and feel mislead by the Panasonic presentation and marketing information. Accordingly I cannot recommend it as a 4K device.

Briany

BrianyPerth

Can't live without it

Love the slick style and protection of the DVD player opening mechanism. Recording quality great with lots of options. Very reliable unit and it has NETFLIX

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Isaac

IsaacCairns

Value for money, easy to use, 4K upscale

Wow this one exceeds my old Panasonic by far (DMR-BW880). Triple HD Tuner, 2TB hard drive which I can record 1000+ hours, 4K upscale, blu-ray recorder and media player. Record up to 3 channels and watch a disc at same time. Programming is easy with preview box in EPG. A must have for an all one one device.

maggiec

maggiec

It's early days but so far excellent.

We bought this a week ago so it's early days. Just some issues and maybe another reviewer can help me out. When we set a program to record, even if we don't choose the "Keyword" option, it records every repeat and every showing on every channel eg, ABC1, ABC2, etc. so you end up with 10 recordings. Also, maybe someone can tell me how to add time to the recording because a movie just squeaked in the other day and we got no credits. But apart from that I find it easy to navigate and a huge improvement on the last box we had which was a Topfield. When I've learned to drive it properly I'll report back. :)

emalee

emaleeSydney

Disappointed

Date PurchasedDec 2015

George Rusty R.

George Rusty R.asked

turned on my recorder dmr- bwt955 and the screen on the tv and the recorded programs went pink

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi George, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further trouble shooting assistance.

RJBris.

RJBris.asked

When accessing SBS on-demand, some programs are unable to be accessed - error: videos could not be found.
This only applies on some programs, what can we do to rectify this? Do I need to uninstall the SBS-on demand app on the device and reinstall?

Colin Basked

My Panasonic dmr-bwt955gl seems to have stopped converting files automatically from DR mode to the quality I choose when programming (usually LP) when it's in standby mode. It used to do this but hasn't done it now for about 3 weeks and as a consequence recordings are building up in DR mode and the HDD capacity is dropping rapidly. Also I can't copy recordings onto a DVD when they're in the DR mode.

I can manually make the recorder convert the files but it used to do this automatically.
Any help?
Also can you confirm if I want to copy recordings onto an external hard drive it has to have an external power source. Thanks.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Colin, it would be best to start with a factory reset, which you will find the instructions in the user manual. Please note it won't delete past recordings, but you will lose all future timer recordings. If this is unsuccessful, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.
Yes you will need a hard drive with an external power supply to use with your recorder.

Colin B

Thanks. I did a 'shipping' reset and the recorder is now converting files when in standby mode. One thing I've noticed now which is different is when I do a timer recording I have to select the file conversion I want every time. The default is none whereas previously the default was the one I mostly used which was DR - LP. I had a look in recording settings but I couldn't find anything about changing the default setting. It's not really a big deal, just means I have to press buttons a few more times for each timer recording I set up.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategorySet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs