Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL

• Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability
Stephen Gippsland, VIC

Not reliable playing blu ray disc

This Panasonic DMR BWT955GL blu ray player on 5 occasions has played a disc but has no sound you only have sound if you play it on x1 speed 3 of the 5 disc have been new rang jb hi twice not helpful lot of money for something that's only good for recording tv

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $759.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Russell, Have you called our customer service team on 132600, if not please do as they will assist you and further look into this for you.

I found it a good machine ( I would have added a half a star, if I could)

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Monty, Thank you for your great feedback regrading our DVD-recorders and i will certainly pass on your feedback around the lack In/out puts to our engineering department for feature consideration.

Ian ASouth East Queensland, QLD

I have 3 three Panasonic PVR's...ranging from 500g - 1T - 2T (3 Tuners)

My progressive buying has been from $2000 - $900 whilst the weight and build quality has changed...my love of these machines hasn't wavered. The 3T machine (around 5years old) the first of its kind, is used everyday...wonderful friend! It has 'Never' let me down...

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Richard Ulkowski
Richard UlkowskiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!! DO NOY BUY PANASONIC!!!

Useless piece of crap and no answers from Panasonic technicians having reached out several times...avoid all all costs!!! Save time, money and your personal mental well-being and buy a different “reputable” brand with aftercare!!!

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $895.00.

lou
lousydney

DMRBWT955GL - transfer of data

Purchased in January 2016.

org8
org8-

Depends on what you want it for!

Purchased in June 2018.

M P.
M P.

I'd give a negative score if I could

Panasonic still sell this quite expensive and seemingly high featured dvr, but they have not updated its now very old network apps. The browser does not support the https protocols used almost exclusively now on the internet. This means you can not even update to a different browser using play store as play store will not accept login from an insecure, ie http, browser. So I can't get any of the catch up tv channels that want a user login because they too want https . This expensive pvr has other bad features. I regret ever buying this pvr and will never buy another Panasonic product again, and I'm happy to tell everyone what I think of Panasonic's contempt for its customers. The are many cheaper, better pvrs.

Purchased in July 2018 for $750.00.

mz1melbourne

Way overpriced

Sometimes when I set it to record programs it just flashes the red "rec1" constantly rather than actually records but the really annoying thing is the blu-ray player will not put out any volume on blu-ray series. No problem on blu-ray movies but nothing for the series. Picture, no sound. I've called Panasonic about this and they "helpfully" got me to turn the unit off and on about a dozen times and then suggested I take it to a Panasonic tech who is miles away from me. Useless! So, yeah, one of the main reasons I bought this unit and it doesn't even work. Won't be buying Panasonic again.

Purchased in May 2019 at eBay for $549.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi MZ, sorry we couldn't assist you but it does sound like the product has developed a fault. If you aren't able to take the unit into the service agent, perhaps you can post it to them.

mz1

You must see how redundant that is. It's done this since I bought it. When did it have its chance to "develop a fault"? And who's going to pay for the postage etc...?

Ian Anderson .
Ian Anderson .Florey 2615, ACT

Disappointed in this unit especially as it cost so much and it's only two weeks old.

The most annoying feature on this unit, (apart from the cost) is that when you are using YouTube, ABC iView and other internet streams the picture appears to be shrunken or cropped with a surrounding black border of 2-3 cm depending on the size of TV screen. Mine is 40"/100cm. My $50 Roku box works so much better and I'll probably keep using it.

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $669.00.

Graeme B.
Graeme B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hopeless for managing a video library

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman.

MefistofeleVictoria

Steep Learning Curve!

Purchased in April 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mefistofele, thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback, we appreciate the great features you mention and the way you would like to see improvements for the product.

Mefistofele

I would have liked the DVD player to be multi-zoned out-of-the-box!

Lou Symonds
Lou SymondsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated from my old Panasonic SD Twin Tuner

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $467.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lou, thank you for the detailed positive feedback. It is great to see you have been able to see the upgrades from your old recorder. The 1 second start up is definitely a great feature for those last minute recordings.

jessieinnewy51
jessieinnewy51Hunter Region, NSW

Good Performer but slightly Over Priced by some retailers.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jessie, thank you for providing such detailed feedback and information on how to setup the product. Great to see your good use of the operating instructions also!

TattzAU

Advertising Agencies Hate This Device

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review on the product. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if you would like assistance with the sync issue.

bilnrobn
bilnrobnWestern Australia

A great recorder, but some Manual info a bit sketchy

The straight forward stuff is well explained and easy to follow. I love it. However some instructions are a little hard to find or follow. Recording a programme on every Monday to Friday I know is possible, but have yet to discover how to set it. For the moment I'm working around that and my overall impression is favorable.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Read more reviews - page 2

John K.
John K.asked

I registered an external hard drive, USB HDD 2TB, to my Panasonic DMR-BWT955. However, after registration the Panasonic DMR-BWT955 seems to kill the external USB HDD. The drive select says "No USB Connected". I could connect the USB HDD to my computer before but not after registering to my Panasonic DMR-BWT955. Cannot trust using another new external USB HDD. This happened to two new external hard drives. Very grateful for some guidance or a solution.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, Best to gave our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you further.

Dianne
Dianneasked

how do i turn my tv off with the remote control. when i presss the tv button nothing happens. my tv stays on .

Stephen

Hi Dianne I'm sure you need to program the remote to your tv brand they all have a code hopefully this will help you Dianne

Ian A

Hi, I run mine through an amplifier...this permits me to link: Open/Close the preferred units...

Terry
Terryasked

I have a 955 which worked well for a while. Now, programs recorded on the HDD will not play back. This was an intermittant fault at first, but is now chronic. Is there a fix?
TerryC

Ian A

It's a great player, however it doesn't play/not play if all is well. I would suggest contacting Panasonic Service Dept...

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Terry, please give us a call on 132600 and our customer service team will be able to assist you.

See all Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL questions

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategorySet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs