Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000

Date PurchasedNov 2016
marion
marionWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

ticks the boxes

Needing to upgrade my camera, I very nearly bought a DSLR. However this camera caught my attention because of its 1 inch CMOS. Initially I missed the 42x zoom of my previous camera, but tight cropping is usually very successful. Manual focusing is great and the response speed is impressive. I take a lot of photos while my husband drives. I can see something 50 metres ahead, turn the camera on, and shoot the object with no focus lag - or startup lag. Impressive. And all with one lens.

Other Compact Cameras

Stephen Hinder
Stephen HinderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

unbelieveable

Now owning this camera for a couple of months, i had a huge shoot on the weekend (4-5/10/14) at the Adelaide International Raceway, Spring Nationals. I shot over 2,200 photos using different modes from manual to AI mode.
With high speed of the drag cars the results are great. Image quality for this type of camera (Bridge) are faultless.
The only drawback is the battery life. with lots of on and off's playing with settings, life of the battery is not good. Lucky i had 4 batteries. Though the weight is a bit over 800 grams and the camera is the size of a DSLR it was no problem. I recommend this camera for semi Professional work...10/10 well done Panasonic

Compact Cameras