Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

12 questions from our users

Jddy
Jddyasked

Has General Mills , distributor of Pecks Paste ever responded?

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Jddy,
No feedback from anyone
Cheers

Janie
Janie

Nothing at all from them Jiddy. I bought a small jar of Anchovette the other day...same other than a slight taste of anchovy. Same colour as Salmon & Lobster, smells awful, tastes even worse & very sloppy even after regrigeration. I threw it out, can't be bothered to make the effort to write to a company that produces such crap & calls it fish paste. I bought mine at Coles so might let them know.
Cheers!

Moniqueasked

When will you go back to the original recipe? I’m still waiting. I hate the consistency of the new one. It’s unusable. When will you revert to the original and why did you change it?

Troy
Troy

I agree it's crap!!!!

Yes, total crap!!!

Janet D.asked

Bring back the original paste,not this crap you have been dishing up the last couple of years.

Terry Kinsella
Terry Kinsella

The ingredients stated awhile ago that it was 68% salmon - what bloody nonsense - more like 68% diaper contents !!

I agree with you,been eating pecks for 60 years people know the difference

Jules
Jules

Yes it’s terrible, watery, oily & when you open the lid it runs out and it stinks

Peter R.
Peter R.asked

Why has my Salmon an Lobster spread split, and why is Woolworths still selling it.
I haven't seen it with oily top before, is this normal?

Paul Gabler
Paul Gabler

Something has gone wrong with manufacturing. It was sloppy crap a few years back when they outsourced its manufacturing so we didn’t buy it for a year or so then it came good again but now it’s back to slop. Why the British home Office doesn’t take some notice of what a terrible product is being produced in their name is beyond me. There is a much larger bottle of Pecks which is made in South Africa and only sold on the ‘specialty’ shelf at Woolworths which is a reasonable facsimile to the original.

WendyJasked

Peck’s anchovette spread now has a label saying made in France it is brown and runny and the taste is disgusting. I am 69 year old and between anchovette and vegemite I have rotated on my toast all my life... No more, just Vegemite from now on...
Has any one else noticed this with the anchovette spread?..

fitzy
fitzy

yes i feel the same i tried ringing the company but to busy. i think we should speak to the manager of coles or woolworths

WendyJ

I rang the company to day, spoke to a lovely girl.. she told me it has been redrawn from the shops as they have had a lot of complaints and unhappy customers... She asked me for some numbers off the 2 bottles I had and the company will send me a voucher ...

Gothic_666
Gothic_666

I hope they return the manufacturing to Australia and resurrect the original recipe..

Therese K
Therese Kasked

Why is the latest version of Pecks paste so watery/oily ? No satisfied with the new version of an old favourite. I actually threw the first jar out thinking it may have been off !

Ian M.
Ian M.

I asked the manufacturer who advised me that it is to do with particularly oily fish being used. Apparently it also separated the oil out during transit. If you call them they will pass the feedback to there product team. The company is General Mills.

Greg C.
Greg C.asked

Just had some salmon and lobster spread which I hadn't had for a few months to find its turned into a sloppy salt infested mess ......rang to complain and told that it's coming from France as the Australian factory closed down and they're trying to get it up and running again .....im not sure if this is to do with coronavirus or another manufacturing loss in Australia due to inept governments ...does anyone know the truth as I do know we are being purchased left right and centre like some drug addicted prostitute on the corner

Bruce
Bruce

According to other reviews this has happened quite some time ago.,most say the same thing nothing but a sloppy mess.

Customer
Customer

I believe it happened quite some time ago as well. I started buying the Pecks anchovette but it has gone the same way. Not sure what has happened but I have given Pecks the flick altogether.

Norm Dale
Norm Daleasked

I just asked a question on your Salmon and Lobster spread it is no longer pink its a dirty gray and way too much salt can you contact me on 0428342051
Regards Norm

ablerena
ablerenaasked

How long can Peck's Paste be stored under refrigeration? [email removed]

Bruce Z.
Bruce Z.asked

what is the country of origin
it has no expiry date marked and also does not list -- the Product of ? -- or made in ?
could come from who knows where nowadays !!!

Sarzie Mac
Sarzie Mac

To get the most reliable answer it's probably best to contact the manufacturer. Their contacts are probably on the label. I'd only be guessing if I answered this question.

rod tout
rod toutasked

What has happened to such a great product that I have grown up on since 1953?? Sloppy, watery and almost revolting to atop my toast or biscuits. I thought I had a few bad batches but now realise this seems to be the poor production standard. You are killing your product. Peanut Butter and Vegemite have maintained their standards so why has Pecks Paste lost the plot???

LPK
LPKasked

Have you changed the recipe of the Salmon and Lobster paste? The colour and consistency is different.

Matt Flinders
Matt Flinders

The colour is lighter and lacks flavour. Possibly a bad batch, wrongly labelled or wrong product in jar.