Philips Clock Radio AJ3232B/79

Chris H

Chris HWellington

Far too hard to use

Philips S.Philips

Took it back after one day

+ Nice big display that can be dimmed at night.

- Display unfortunately constantly blinks which I found very irritating and made me return the clock after one night. Very difficult to set time and alarm. Only 12h clock.

HendoSydney

Promotional products

I unfortunately will no longer purchase any Philips Products, due to their neglect of promotional material, namely cash back deals. Original Receipts are lost and customers told that a copy or originals were never received. Great way for Philips to turn a dollar at the expense of honest consumers. DON'T TRUST THEIR CASH BACK DEALS

My number is 0448 822 442

Shirley1111Sydney, NSW

Should have read the reviews

The time on the clock stays 'set' for a few days, sometimes a couple of weeks, then I have to turn it off in the hope the 'dashes' reappear for me to reset it. I purchased the clock/radio from Big W, but unfortunately for me, I can't find my receipt and am unable to return it.

Shirley1111

Hello Philips. I bought it for the 'big digit clock display'...(I don't use the radio), but it keeps having to be reset more often than not.

It has it's good points though, easy to read clock display and easy to set time.

Phil

PhilSydney, NSW

PHILIPS AJ3232B Clock / Radio / Alarm

Simple clock radio

This clock radio does what it says. I was concerned after reading reviews that I had bought a DUD (it was impulse buy). However, it was very easy to set up, as long as you read instructions for setting up alarm. No problems at all. Love the light settings. My last clock was like Blackpool Lights. Radio good and clear. Small footprint.
Very Happy so Far. Will upgrade to 5 starts if it continues to be good.

Nonik

NonikMelbourne

Not a bad clock radio

Bought this clock yesterday, just for displaying time.
Too hard to use? I'm pretty sure people who think it is never used digital clock radios before, or they're just lazy. Setting them all up is almost the same. I set the time in a minute. Only feature missing is a 24hr time. A bit pricey for what it is though...

Rob P

Rob P

Great footprint and big numbers that don't light up room at night

gazthewizAU

Worst Philips product ever

Too hard to use

I purchased the AJ3232B 6 days ago, I am an older person who has used computers at an advanced level. The settings are difficult to understand. The manual that was downloaded from the Philips site is not user friendly. This is not an easy to view, simple to use clock radio. The clock time display continually flashes, this is an annoying function. I have taken the clock radio back to Harvey Norman and they have provided a full refund.

Cannot set time

I have read the manual plenty of times and yet I follow the instructions, none of it happens, 2 seconds of pressing set time and some P02 shows up, I do not want P02, I want to set the bloody time, not some rubbish.

the worst

Received it as a present. I`ve only got a medical degree and the instructions way to hard for me. And the station preset does`t work. It`s going in the bin

AlinOz

AlinOzPerth

Absolute RUBBISH

This product is neither user friendly or user responsive, it relies on multiple functions from every button and fails to do as commanded!! Avoid this product like the plague, we tried two and they were both the same - useless.

Incessant flashing lights

I only need this as a clock for grandchildren staying over so haven't tried alarm or radio - wish you could still buy just a simple alarm clock as I never use radio function!!! Mine came with no instructions but found them online & eventually managed to set time. Not happy about indicator lights flashing non-stop - hopefully kids won't think that's a problem

Moving on

Moving onSouthwest, VIC

What were they thinking?

I have had a few cheap, reliable clock-radios over the years, but this one stands out! I received it as a present and it took me a fruitless 20 mins to try and get the time on it. (Then I went to the on-line manual and did it in 5.) Its radio reception is easily worse than my current 10 yr old cheapie. Then I read the reviews on it and found out the price, and I felt my daughter got ripped off. Thankfully I was able to return it for a full refund. It looks good, but the functionality of it is poor. Also, who needs such big numbers, and the vertical eyes blinking at you all night?!

NDAB71

NDAB71Sydney

Good clock radio - meets my needs

Personally, I found this clock radio to be an excellent unit (but I seem to be in the minority). It is compact, well made and has very useful features.
I had no trouble setting the time, alarm or radio stations. The ability to change the brightness is good and I actually like the gradually increasing alarm volume. I have my radio set to Classic FM, so it's a peaceful way to wake up in the morning. The sound quality is also good for a clock radio.
The dual alarm is also handy as I can set one alarm for weekdays and the other for weekends if needed without having to reset it all the time.
Overall, I would recommend the Philips AJ3232B.

Terry

TerryAdelaide

Wake up Philips

Rubbish as most of the reviews. Radio alarm just keeps getting louder and louder and cannot be adjusted. Wow that makes sense. Complex to use, needs to be dimmist to sleep at night then unreadable at day. Should of bought the lot cheaper alternative.

Grumpy

GrumpyCanberra 2600, ACT

Design flaws

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute rubbish

bretann

Thanks for your response. It has been returned to you via my retailer

Phil777Perth

I'm an electronic technician and some spectrum network analysers are easier to use.....

The user interface on this is supremely poor to say the least.
Intuitive - it should be, but is def. not.... Obviously designed to use the least amount of buttons possible.
Radio sensitivity is very poor as has already been pointed out by the previous reviewer.
OK for a clock if you don't want to touch it after you've set the time....
Built to a low price - stay away.

Phil777

Thanks, appreciate you responding.

julieluasked

+Philips Official please advise whether it is true that the volume ascends for the "Radio Alarm" function? I cannot see that on the box and it seems very strange not to be able to set the volume as suggested in the reviews. That would be a deal breaker for me as I specifically want an AM radio model to gently acquaint me to the new day... and i would not want to get up first just to change a setting.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. We found this in the muanual of the AJ3232B/79: "When the alarm sounds, volume increases gradually
to the maximum alarm volume. You cannot adjust the alarm volume manually". So indeed it seems you cannot adjust the maximum volume of the alarm, but it does increase gradually. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

julielu

Can you please advise how gradually it rises? I.e. How long does it take to reach maximum ? And does it rise to highest volume too?

Jack

Jackasked

Is this a 24 hour clock or am I just unable to find the right buttons to press & set the time ?

Philips S.Philips

Hey Jack, it goes without saying that you should be able to set the time. Please have a look at the manual: http://philips.to/2bCar7c

If things don't work out, do not hesitate to contact us at 1300 850 633 for further assistance.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Its a 12 hour clock.
Mine set itself automatically once I plugged it in.
If yours is 24 hrs you might have to play around with the buttons on top

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives