Philips Avent Microwave Steam
Listing monitored by Philips Avent

JJJJ
JJJJSydney, NSW

Works fine for us

Simple to use product. It can fit 3 sets of bottles in it. 200ml of water and microwave for 4 minutes which makes it a lot easier and faster. Deducted one star as the bottom container starts to get a yellowish tint.

Omowa P.
Omowa P.

Great product

Got this sterilizer for my newborns bottles and I have to say I have no regrets. Works perfectly and infact I use it as storage for the bottles and pacifiers

Purchased in April 2019 at Amazon.

Momma-Sar
Momma-SarPerth, WA

Super easy to use

The steriliser is super easy to use, 200ml water and 2 minutes for my microwave (this will vary depending on watts). I’m glad I didn’t bother with an electric steriliser. It fits approx. 7 bottles? I started using Avent bottles but bub preferred tommee tippee and I have no issues with fitting them in. Super easy to clean and store as well.

wing ma
wing ma

this is great and perfect product

this is absolutely great and perfect product. it suit for busy mun to buy this one for stream bottle, it clean , Convenient and hygienic, no need to water the milk to suck the milk, I travel abroad is also very convenient to carry, I recommend it to many mothers to buy and use, they all like it.

Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

Find out how Philips Avent Microwave Steam compares to other Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

Said
SaidSydney

I love it

I am a father of two boys my youngest is on bottle milk so i needed a steamer after purchasing this particular steamer my life is much more easy I don’t have to warm up milk odd hours of the night and my wife is not yelling at me for not getting up to warm my babies formula I simply love this multitasking steamer my wife loves it too now life is much more easy thanks.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Absolutely fab product! Best steriliser used for both of my girls!

Easy to use, lightweight. Spacious and such a time saver, so quickly sterilised. Can use one handed if need to, there has been many a time I’ve needed to load one handed and remove from microwave whilst holding my new born. There is excess water in the lid from steam that will transform when it is undone and taken off so just take care when putting the lid back on as there is risidual water which can drip everywhere if you forget.

GMWoods
GMWoodsMernda

Needs a safety review

Great and easy product. The main issue I have is the lack of safety when it comes to burns. There should be a handle on the lid for easy removal. I have burnt my fingers too many times from not removing the lid quick enough. How this was not considered during product development baffles me

Philips S.Philips Avent

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Laura
LauraMelbourne

Easy and efficient

I love my microwave steriliser for my little ones bottles. Just pop in 200ml water, all the teats, lids and bottles and 4 minutes in the microwave and your done! So much easier than others I have used. Easy to wash and wipe clean and store and it fits 4 of my bottles at a time.

annoyed
annoyedMeringandan west

Easy to use

Very easy to use and fits other branded bottles in it, would be nice to have a handle on the outside especiallly when ya have a baby in the other arm but thats just me being a little picky. Great purchase and will last a lifetime which is a bonus

Recommended

Mary
MarySydney

Easy to use, fits multiple brands of bottle

One of the best baby purchases I made. Quick and easy to use (4 minutes in microwave), fits both Medela and Avent bottles as well as other items such as pacifiers . Saved me a lot of time , no need to boil bottles. Would buy again , good price

Becky
BeckyAU

GREAT PRODUCT

I have had no problems with the microwave steraliser. Ive used it twice a day for 5 months and works perfectly. Hubby tends to overfill but seems to still work well. Fits 4 large avent bottles and accessories comfortably. Ive used it also for medela pumping equipment, pigeon bottles and now spoons and teething equipment.

It was useful watching utube videos to see how to stack the microwave

Highly recommend the microwave steraliser

Paulap
PaulapSydney

Very easy to use

We got the microwave steriliser as part of an aven kit with bottles etc. We really love the microwave steriliser by Avent. Only takes 4 minutes in the microwave takes all the bottles dummies and breast pump. I put everything in even dummies and bottles from other brands have fitted in. I have used it according to instructions however the bottom has changed colours even though I wash it regularly. i have tried everything to get rid of the staining on the plastic but does not seem to go away. It only seem to be on the bottom otherwise we have been very happy with the steriliser.

Emi
EmiVictoria

Convenient and easy to use.

Pretty happy with this sterilizer... We use medela bottles in it and they fit well but tend to fall over easily. Much better at space saving than an electric sterilizer & really simple to use... The only negative is if as a sleep deprived new mum/dad you forget to put water in it and you blow up the microwave :( we learnt that the hard way!

Sakura
SakuraSydney

Good sterilizer product

Easy to use which comes with a thong inside, can fit non avent bottles. Love the lid and it's compact. Good product cos it's handy and convenient way to sterilise rather than boiling in water for 5 mins.
Just find it a little bit difficult to arrange the large bottle but it's okay..

Philips S.Philips Avent

Good to hear you like the sterilizer Sakura. If you need more information about how to use our AVENT products, you can contact our customer service department: 1300 364 474.
Philips Care Team

Melili
MeliliAdelaide

Easy to use

Very easy to use. Fits a lot of different size and brands of bottles and feeding accessories into this steam steriliser. Very expensive compared to other brands which do the same. I bought this on special for $40 at target and would have bought a different brand if not on special.
Fits lots of feeding accessories
Expensive

Ivaasked

Hi!
Can I use melamine dishware in the Avent microwave steriliser please?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Iva, thank you for your question. It would be best to avoid placing melamine dishware into the microwave sterilizer as they are not microwave safe. The dishware could crack or become brown. Hope this answer your question!

We'd like to refer you to our Consumer Care team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Iva

Thank you for the answer.
One more question: I accidentally put a plastic teether along with a plastic baby bootle, a silicone teat and melamine dishware to the Avent microwave sterilizer WITHOUT adding water and let it run for 2 minutes. The melamine got brown spots (I won't use it anymore). And on the other things there is no visual damage. Is it safe to use these please?

Vovweasked
Microwave Steam

Hello. Pls I recently bought a Philips 3 in one steriliser and just realized the lid is missing. The store has refused to take responsibility for it because it's been months since I purchased it and I wasn't aware of the problem till now. What can I use as a substitute for the lid please

Simon A.Philips Avent

Hi there, Vovwe.

Thank you for reaching out to us this way! We are sorry to hear that the lid was not included in the box, this should of course not be the case. We would like to solve this with you, could you please reach out to us via the below details? Furthermore, could you keep your product details (imprinted on your steriliser) and proof of purchase nearby, in case we need more information? Thanks in advance.

Vovwe

Thanks for the response. However, sadly I bought the steriliser in Nigeria. That is where I reside. I was just wondering what I could use as a substitute, as in what would be safe? Glass? Plastic?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Vovwe, in that case we recommend contacting us via our social media channels or via the support contact in Nigeria. Hope that works out!

Danasked
Microwave Steam

Hi, Just wondering when the bottles come out of the microwave they have water still in them from the steam, is this okay or does it need to be dried? If it needs to be dried how do I dry it so it stays sterile?

Thanks, Dani

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Dani, thank you for your question. It's not a problem if a little bit of water from the steam it's still in the bottles but, if you prefer, you can wait for them to dry out keeping them inside the sterilizer with the lid close. They will remain sterile for up to 24 hours if the lid is unopened. Hope this answer your question! If you need more information, we'd like to refer you to our Consumer Care team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Dan

Also, once sterilised, can you store the bottles in the fridge in a sterilised container so they remain sterile?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Dan, thanks for coming back. To answer your question, yes you can store them in a sterilized containter. If you have more questions, please contact our product team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

See all Philips Avent Microwave Steam questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips Avent representatives

Philips Avent Microwave Steam

Compare all 3 Philips Avent Microwave Steam
CategoryBottle Warmers & SterilisersBottle Warmers & SterilisersBottle Warmers & Sterilisers
Price (RRP)18.95