Philips DTB297/10

Philips DTB297/10

Ben

Bengold coast

I love it and it has great sound qualty for such a small device

It has a excellent design making it light and easy to use the audio in is not useful unless you buy an extra cord to go with it making it just that bit more expensive to own
Follow me @Drifting Dead
I wish it told me it had an app for only iOS cause I have android with a lighting flash mod

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Georgie

Georgie

What's the point of an alarm clock radio that doesn't work as an alarm clock?

I bought this five days ago, but have yet to successfully set the alarm.
Ran through all the steps, but thankfully, set up a back up on my iPad.
I read your Philips official reply that the alarm clock is an incidental extra.
you should put that on the box and save me a trip back to the store for a refund.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. Sorry to hear what happened, while setting up the alarm on the docking station. Feel free to reach out to our colleagues at 1300 363 391, if you still have any questions regarding this.

clubgusSouth East Queensland, QLD

its ok for 1 Year or so but failure will begin after the warranty ends

Philips S.Philips

Great sound, looks great BUT....

Zaraby

Attractive and easy to read white display but difficult to set up and use

I bought this mainly to use as a clock radio and for the fast iPhone lightning charger. I've found it very hard to set and still haven't worked out how to turn the alarm OFF automatically each day. The quick start guide and downloaded manuals are not particularly helpful or user friendly. I'm seriously considering using this as an iPhone dock/clock and re-instating the simple 18 year old Bose Wave clock radio/alarm (with remote control) it replaced.

The Philips DTB297 needs a remote control, especially to control the alarm. Has Philips considered that people may not want an electrical appliance within an arms length or get out of bed to use the snooze button or operate the radio/dock/alarm?

Zaraby

Thanks for the confirmation. The alarm function isn't reliable anyway so it's back to the Bose for us.

Philips S.Philips

It's regrettable to hear that you decided this, Quanda. Still we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. If you need additional assistance, do let us know.

A bit of a dissapoinment

Maybe I am unlucky but I have found this radio quite hard to 'program' ie to select the stations that you want to add to the 20 memory channels. Using the Errata information that modifies the sequence of actions required to add a chosen channel to a chosen memory, storing the channel is Very hit or miss. One of the problems is that the right hand button (labelled preset / tuning) is very intermittent, if you are lucky, you will store the radio program you want on the memory that you want, more often though, this wont happen !
This Radio is going back to John Lewis.
Nice styling, useful Ipod dock ( but not for model 4, only works with Ipod model 5 )
Hard to program a radio channel to a memory position. It is too expensive also.

Jorsher

Jorsherasked

How do i set tuner for alarm so it works. I have selected tuner as source for alarm but no volume comes out when alarm is triggered and yes i have the volume set to 15.

Hi there,

Thank you for the question! We'd like to check this with our designated team to give you a precise answer - could you please give our colleagues a call at 08 8338 5540 (Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST), or contact us on social media (Facebook or Twitter @PhilipsCare), so we can help you further? Thank you!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Paul W

Paul Wasked

Hi My dock has stopped charging the phones that are plugged into it, what can be done about this?

Philips S.Philips

That's strange, Paul! Would you mind reaching out to us by phone? Then we can look for solutions. If you're in Australia, kindly call us on 1300 850 633. For New Zealand, you can reach out to 0800 639 953.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Brillo

Brilloasked

Help! I need a replacement AC/DC switching adaptor for this unit. Please advise how I can obtain one? Anthony

clubgus

Gday Anthony a wise word on this device I tried to get similar thing replaced as the led of the clock Is weak it was told to me by the repair man that this device is unrepairable so till this day it’s still working but with weak led display it seems to me buyer beaware of these alarm clock docking stations they are what they are rubbish I replaced with a iHome alarm and IPhone docking station from Amazon America, Novotel hotels use these fine docks in their hotel rooms very reliable.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives