Philips Avance Collection HR2358/06

Philips Avance Collection HR2358/06

As said by many, simple machine just works!

Great device, whole family loves fresh pasta, so much better than the supermarket dried pasta.
I can't really say any more than what's already been said - it's a simple unit and does what it's supposed to, however a couple of small niggles that maybe philips know about, maybe not;
- kids put the lid on incorrectly, somehow (didn't see what they did) and one of the clips on the lid broke off, easily... unit works fine without this particular broken clip so no big deal but would be good if the lid was made of a more giving plastic, or the clips were 'clipped in'... not sure how this would be fixed as I'm not sure what plastic would have the required properties (visibility, dishwasher safe etc)... this machine obviously gets used by kids, allot!
- The dies, when placed correctly and coverplate put into place, fixed securely, appear to be slightly out, there is always some dough that manages to squeeze out the side of the die and into the coverplate/die housing. It's not an issue really just an observation.
- The included 'cutter' bent, it may have gone through the dishwasher once but not sure, we don't wash plastics like this in out dioshwasher as it's only a matter of time until this type of plastic cracks/fails somehow - anyhow the cutter is pretty useless bent, and my youngest kids always had trouble 'cutting' the pasta with it (even before bending) as it's not sharp enough/they're not strong enough, a good but bluntish knife works well, but the cutter has room for improvement as far as design goes in my opinion.
- Price point, have lent the machine to a few friends of ours (older friends), they love it and want one.. but the asking price too high for them. I don't regret my purchase, for the price, but would be good if it was a little more affordable, somehow if at all possible!

Purchased in January 2018.

Hi there, thank you for sharing your review about our Avance Collection Pasta Maker. We are happy to hear that you are very fond of the appliance. It's also great to know that your kids are able to enjoy making pasta as well. Your elaborate feedback on the product design is also appreciated. This will help us to improve the products to provide you with even better designs. If you ever need our assistance, please feel free to reach out to us on social media (Facebook and/or Twitter @PhilipsCare). You can also give our team a call (AU 1300 363 391, NZ 0800 658 224). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The best for young families

This is the easiest and best thing to come to a busy family whose kids can’t get enough pasta! We use it at least 2 x a week and it really is as easy as it says. The kids also love to help and love to see it taking shape.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi there, Jules. Great to hear the pasta maker has been able to feed many hungry mouths within your family. :) And of course, very nice to hear you're using it frequently. Thanks for writing this here, and all the best to you and your family! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Make your own amazing pasta in 10 minutes.

Firstly, it's amazing to have fresh pasta in 10 minutes.

Secondly, it's simple to set up. Attach the necessary pasta nozzle (e.g., spaghetti).

Third, begin the process. (A) Put flour in - say 250grams, (B) press water button and wait for it to weigh the flour and then tell you how much water to put in [with or without egg], (C) press start, (D) slowly put water in and (E) wait for it to finish expelling the pasta.

Fourth, disassemble the nozzle, extrusion driver, compartment and lid and place in washing machine after removing excess pasta.

Fifth, place fresh pasta in boiling water or on rack to dry.

Sixth, serve pasta your favourite way.

That is it.... and whilst I don't have an Italian background I recently made some for our Italian (Sicilian) neighbour and she loved it.

The benefits other than speed and freshness include no preservatives and perfect sizing for your needs. Being fresh it cooks much quicker and has a much nicer texture.

I can't wait to try buckwheat Japanese noodles...

Finally, if you have ever made pasta by hand before.... this is amazing... amazing!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Rol, We're so happy to hear about your amazing experience with the PastaMaker. It's not very hard to go through the steps indeed, but your description of the process makes it seem even more effortless. :) And the outcome is even approved by your Italian neighbour, that's awesome! Wishing you the best of luck with the buckwheat Japanese noodles. Kind regards. The Philips Australia team

Love this machine!

I have been using the HR2358 for nearly a year now, and love that I am able to make fresh pasta so easily. Like others, I use about 10mls extra water and find it less crumblier. I always make egg pasta, but would really love more discs!!!! There has been one downside, which is the quality of the lid. After only a couple of months, the lids locking inserts broke off, then the rest of the lid started to crumble in places, resulting in shards of plastic in my pasta. Bit of a shame, as the rest of the machine is high quality, and I dont think there is another product on the market that is as good as this one. All in all, I would recommend this machine, just be super careful of the lid!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hello there, thanks for taking your time to write this review and glad to hear you like the product. :) About the downside, we like to get in touch to see how we can help. We advise you give our colleagues a call on the below number: Call us 1300 363 391 Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamTo update, Philips after care customer service is excellent, cant recommend them enough.Ah, thank you for the kind words. It is our pleasure! :)

Loving it

Everything is great, ease of use, result, cleaning. Very happy with it. I agree with who said you need 10ml more water (or liquid) I've tried even with 25ml more and the advantaged are that the pasta (even the sheets) come out more moist and compact rather than crumbly, but also that the machine at the end it's easier to clean as the dough is compacted rather than crumbly and floury (I just invented this word)
For the lady who can't get the sheet in one piece I wonder if she added eggs to the mix.
I am now looking for additional discs and can't find them. Where are they selling?
Another feedback, the 0.8mm disc is not great for wontons and tortellini. It should be 0.4mm.
Agree with the comment about the spirals, that would be great to have, even bucatini would be great. C'mon Philip, get cracking with those discs. We love our pasta.
Cheers. Claudio

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Excellent machine when adding 10 ml more water than recommended by the machine

I have had HR2358/06 for more than one year. I always use the plain white flour from Woolworth, and this combination has always yielded great noodles, though I did fail twice in the beginning. I would like to offer two tips:

1. Use a 100 ml chemical measuring cup because the amount of water needs to be precise.
2. Add 10 ml more water than recommended by the machine. This might depend on the brand of flour.

Now sit back and relax. Perfect noodle will be ready in 6 minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Thanks for taking the time to share a bit of your experience that you've gathered after using the machine for over a year, Lei15! :) That might be very helpful to other people on here. Sounds like you've got your noodles on lock! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Excellent solid pasta maker.

Previously I have Kogan brand noodle maker but it was terrible. But now I got this machine which is excellent. The smart scale is great to help take some of the guess work out of it, and yes as other reviewers have mentioned the recipes seem odd if you have made pasta by hand in the past. Also its easy to clean after use. It makes pasta noodles in just 20 minutes. Solid product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Sim, Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. We love hearing that you like the pasta maker so much and thanks for sharing some things that you find convenient as well. :-) Please feel free to contact us specialists via 0800 658 224 (NZ) or 1300 363 391 (AU) if you have any questions about the device. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Yummy Pasta for novice

I love eating pasta, and this brings this delicious food a whole new level
The pasta machine maker is so easy to use even a 4 year old kid will be able to operate it with ease
It's fast, easy to assemble, though the cleaning might take a bit of time (~3 mins to clean the machine usually)
Love this!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi there, thank you for this 5-star review. It's great to read your enthusiastic story. Enjoy the lovely pasta's. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Great noodles and pasta, but the lasagna and wonton sheets don’t seem to stay together

I purchased this machine following a friend’s recommendation. It’s been great! The pasta I must admit, don’t taste like the shop bought or hand made pasta, but we are not fussy. It’s a lot quicker to make pasta with this machine than doing it by hand. I’m also able to save time by doing other things while the machine is making my pasta/noodles for me.

My kids love home made ravioli, unfortunately my machine can not seem to make lasagna sheets or wonton sheets. I tried a few times and it always breaks into 4 strips, similar to pappardelle.

Cleaning is very quick and easy. I usually put the ingredients into the machine, let it run with a bowl in front to catch the pasta/noodles. Then I get the water on the stovetop. Once the pasta is ready the water is already boiling. Note, I do not flour any of my pasta or noodles. They do not stick together. I do not stand there and cut the noodles/pasta as we like them long and during the cooking process, they break a bit during the stirring process because they are so long. While the pasta is cooking, I was the pasta machine. All the parts are very easy to clean as tools are supplied for cleaning. Any small bits too hard to remove, I leave, before I use them next, I give it a tap and the dried up bits come off. Once I’ve finished cleaning the parts of the pasta machine my pasta is ready to take out of the water. This is my usual routine and it has worked for me. Pasta/noodles must be stirred immediately once placed into the boiling water to keep the strands separated, after that, the occasional stir if needed but as I’m washing up I tend to forget and the pasta/noodles have been fine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Linisa, thank you for taking the time to review the Avance Collection Pasta maker. We're glad to hear that you find the appliance so easy to use and clean and that it saves you a lot of time. It's a pity though that the lasagna sheets don't come out the way you would like. It would be great if you could give our colleagues a call on 1300 363 391, so they can see how they can be of assistance. Enjoy the rest of your week! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Fantastic Product - Fabulous Fresh Pasta and Noodle so quickly

I bought this product a few months ago - and am absolutely loving it. Extremely well designed. I have made penne, spaghetti, lasagna, pappardelle, dumplings sheets and udon noodles. Each one comes out perfectly - I always follow the recommendations in the book. We have not bought pasta or noodles since we bought this product because it is that simple and quick to use! Cleaning up is so easy with the well designed implements and cleaning tools. Even friends who hand make their pasta in the traditional way are impressed.

One request please Philips - please can you bring out a spirali disk - the only thing that could improve this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2007
Hey Cate, Thank you for the great review. How nice to hear you're enjoying your pasta maker so much. We like your request on the spirali disk and will definitely take it into account. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Very easy for someone who is time starved

I don't enjoy the mess and time involved with pasta making, so this machine is awesome. It does exactly as it says . It weighs first the flour then when you select egg or no egg it gives you the right measurements; cleaver wee thing;,I was given a tip from the sales person on making sure to stick to the liquid measures and it worked perfectly...Put egg in measure first then add the water. Super quiet and took no time washing up. They say you can put the bits in a dishwasher but you have to remember to clean it out of the holes etc first so quicker in the tub. The kids will be able to help and it is very compact the bits have a special drawer to hide them, so you won't lose them

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Great stuff, Ningnong! :) We're glad to hear you've discovered the ease of pasta and noodle making. Very good tip by the sales worker as well. For all dough/baking related recipes it's of utmost important to follow it to the tee. With the cooking itself it's of course your time to become a little more free and creative with the addition of ingredients. Enjoy! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great product!

This machine is very practical. What you need is just follow the instructions, basically just pour the flour, water and egg (if u want to make egg noodles), that's it. My young children can make their favourite egg noodles themselves in 15 mins without much mess. We have tried half of the recipes from the book given. Hardly get anything wrong. We starts falling in love with Philips' products, great invention. Will recommend to friends.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanks for your kind words, Cecilia! And we are happy to hear that you tried so many recipes from the booklet. If you have any other recipes, please share them here. We are curious! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Underwhelming, very thick pasta

I got the aldi version and returned it, and got this machine from Costco. It's better than the Aldi, but I'm hoping I can return it. The pasta it makes is very thick... I was hoping for the thin, silken ribbons I've made in the past the old-fashioned way, using a silver mangle with a turn-handle. But the paparadelle and fettucine are really thick. The angel hair was better, but still a bit stodgey. It's not what I'd hoped-for.

The flour-weighing function works well, getting the proportions right is crucial with these auto machines, so that's a good thing. The mechanism works OK, although you do end up with quite a lot of wasted material at the end, especially jammed up in the head. The cleaning tools they give you are useful and they work. The drawer underneath doesn't hold all the shaping discs though!

It's easy to use, and you have to clean a lot of bits but it's not too awful. Or it wouldn't be, if the pasta was great. But I'm disappointed with the pasta thickness. Fingers crossed I can return it to Costo!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Palerang. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the pasta maker on here. We're sorry to hear it is not entirely what you expected, though. The spaghetti and tagliatelle discs are indeed for thick pasta. We appreciate your disappointment, but as it's the pasta itself you're not happy with we're afraid there's not much we can do for you. Although we regret hearing you're planning on taking the machine back, we hope you still had some good dishes out if it. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Failed cash back offer

Disappointed with Phillips who contacted me to state that "...your Philips Kitchen Appliances' product has failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the promotion." Despite the product still being offered through Harvey Norman with cash back offer.

The machine is versatile but it's automated features do not handle well the use of 00 Italian flour, hence dissapointing true fans of pasta.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi there. We're sorry to hear you're disappointed about your Pasta Maker. Could you please send us your contact details in a private message? We'd like to look into this further and for that we'd like to contact you directly. We'll be awaiting your reply. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamI can't PM you Philips Official. Email was received 1:50pm Wed 26/04/2017 with title 1704 - Philips KA AU Cash Back Status update: claim invalidHi Samwise, We've just sent you a private message that you'll be able to respond to. We'd still like to see how we might be able to solve this best! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great product and even better after sales service

I was skeptical at first as I usually am with machines that only make one thing (think bread makers etc.). This machine does a great job making fresh pasta and noodles which taste that much better than the dried store bought varieties. Love that you can make other noodle types and not just pasta. I haven't gotten around to it yet but plan on trying flat rice noodles for asian dishes.

I had been using the machine about once a week since I purchased it late 2016 then all of a sudden it was not working properly. I called the Philips support line and the guy troubleshooted over the phone with me in an attempt to resolve the problem. Unfortunately none of the suggestions worked so his recommendation was to take it back to the store of purchase where it would be examined and potentially taken away for servicing. I was really dreading having to do this but had no choice, so off I went to the store with my machine and explained to the staff what had happened. Then out of nowhere and with a smile, they handed me a brand new machine and I was on my way back home in less than 10 minutes. I was floored, but in a completely good way!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Sam, Great to hear that you have had these experiences with the product as well as the customer service. That's the impression we want you to have. :) Thanks for the kind words and for sharing this review. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Bought on false pretences of a cash back

I bought this device in response to a $50 cash back from Philips. I followed the requirements to the letter, but it was still knocked back with no reason given.
I will seriously reconsider buying any Philips products in the future.

The pasta the machine makes is passable, but is not worth the effort of setting it up and cleaning it. In particular, the penne is thick and gluggy, and my wife will not let me make it again.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hello David, we value your feedback and are sorry to hear of your experiences. We would like to further investigate to see if there is anything we can do to help. We'll send you a private message to ask for your contact details and reference number. Thank you and hope to hear from you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamI have now received an email saying that my cashback has been approved after all. I will now endeavor to make satisfactory penne pasta.Hi David, That's great news! Bon appetit, we're curious about the end result. ;) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good Product

I bought the Phillips Pasta and Noodle Maker (HR2358/06) with auto weighing. It's fabulous machine. I have made Fettuccine, Spaghetti and Penne few times. I used combination of Durum Wheat Semolina and Premium Plain Four (all purpose) up to max weigh 500g. Each time with good results. The instruction is easy to follow and easy to clean. I don't I will return to packet pasta, nothing like the taste of fresh pasta. The machine has 2 years guarantee.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Steve, Thanks for your review! We agree with you that packet pasta just isn't the same, and we're glad to hear that this Pasta Maker is making your life easier. Feel free to experiment and try different fillings too! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

I highly recommend this machine.

I love this machine. I have used white, wholemeal and semolina flour with great results. I couldn't imagine buying packet pasta again. I bought it after reading the great reviews on the Thermomix Facebook pages I visit. I haven't used the previous model but I would recommend the machine with the weighing option, it is so handy when I have very little flour left.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi there, What a lovely review. We're so happy to hear you are a fan of our Pasta Maker. We'd like to share our online recipe book with you for more inspiration: http://bit.ly/1pQjnMw. Happy cooking! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Get the auto weigh!

So this is the third time I've tried to submit a review and it jut doesn't seem to update. Did a lot of research and recommend you Buy the auto weigh version - you get more discs and you can make pasta as long as minimum 250g which is helpful as I don't want to make bulk amounts. Easy to clean, all dishwasher proof. Well done Philips and if this review goes nowhere and disappears for a fourth time, write your own review!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Michelle, Your review is here, thank you! :-) Great to see you rate your pasta maker with 5 stars. Happy cooking! Kind regards, the Philips Australia team.

It's for Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker Model HR2358/06

Just bought the noodle maker yesterday, realised that you can't overwrite the time setting for kneading. It auto weighs flour and water. Each time the knead was 3 minutes and will start to extrude. I followed the recipe but noodle still look dry. Just wondering if there's anyway to make kneading time more than 3 minutes. I really regretted not getting the previous model HR2367/06 with cheaper price and can adjust the amount of kneading time.

Hi there May, thank you for your review of our Pasta Maker. As there might be some tips our team could give you to improve the result of your noodles, we like to invite you to reach out to our Australian team of experts. :) You can reach them at 1300 363 391. Kind regards, the Philips Australia team.

Do I precook the pasta before I bake in the oven?
Hi there, thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to watch this video for tips and tricks on how to use this appliance. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK6WCAD2NjM Kind regards, The Philips Australia Teamseen that on youtube lol I made fresh pasta and cooked it in the sauce, was great.Hi Zbis, we're happy to hear that it all worked out with the pasta. What kind of sauce did you serve it with? :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

If i want to customize the recipe by adding a different flour /add some protein powder, can i override the water Quantity that the auto weigh wants and proceed with making the pasta/noodle or it wont allow me? Is there any model in Australia with Metal /non plastic parts -for home use.
Hey Erew, thanks for your question! It sounds like you're not afraid to get creative in the kitchen, and that's definitely something that we encourage. :) We haven't done a whole lot of testing in that regard, but you can be a true trailblazer when it comes to protein-enriched pasta. And feel free to experiment a bit. The only thing we would say is that the quality of the pasta itself couldn't be guaranteed that way. But it's definitely possible that you'll find a ratio that works wonders. And to answer your last question: no, the models we currently over work with a very strong plastic that's easy to clean and maintain. We wish you the best of luck in your cooking endeavours. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

To make egg thin noodle from the recipe book, what recipe do I use. The wheat pasta? the drum pasta? or the wheat noodle or durum noodle?
Hi Adriana, Thanks a lot for your question. What we would advise for egg noodles is a combination of water, flour, and egg. May we ask you if you've already tried that? If that's not working, please feel free to contact us on 1300 363 391. We'd be more than happy to assist you further there. It's also possible to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. We hope that our tip here is enough, however, and we wish you good luck trying that! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Visit official website - Download manual