Philips Avance Collection HR2358/06

MPN: HR2358-06

4.3

Renae

RenaeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best thing ever, I love this machine.

Easy to use easy to clean.
Makes large amounts of pasta for a large family.
Easy to use recipes
There are so many variations can be made with pasta
Love my pasta machine.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$350.00.

ashpete02

ashpete02Hobart, TAS

As said by many, simple machine just works!

Purchased in January 2018.

Jules k

Jules kSydney

The best for young families

This is the easiest and best thing to come to a busy family whose kids can’t get enough pasta! We use it at least 2 x a week and it really is as easy as it says. The kids also love to help and love to see it taking shape.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Automatic Pasta Makers

Find out how Philips Avance Collection HR2358/06 compares to other Automatic Pasta Makers

Rol

RolBrisbane, Qld

Make your own amazing pasta in 10 minutes.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

DonDonMelbourne

Love this machine!

I have been using the HR2358 for nearly a year now, and love that I am able to make fresh pasta so easily. Like others, I use about 10mls extra water and find it less crumblier. I always make egg pasta, but would really love more discs!!!! There has been one downside, which is the quality of the lid. After only a couple of months, the lids locking inserts broke off, then the rest of the lid started to crumble in places, resulting in shards of plastic in my pasta. Bit of a shame, as the rest of the machine is high quality, and I dont think there is another product on the market that is as good as this one. All in all, I would recommend this machine, just be super careful of the lid!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
DonDon

To update, Philips after care customer service is excellent, cant recommend them enough.

Philips S.Philips

Ah, thank you for the kind words. It is our pleasure! :)

Claudio

ClaudioSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loving it

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Lei15

Lei15Perth

Excellent machine when adding 10 ml more water than recommended by the machine

I have had HR2358/06 for more than one year. I always use the plain white flour from Woolworth, and this combination has always yielded great noodles, though I did fail twice in the beginning. I would like to offer two tips:

1. Use a 100 ml chemical measuring cup because the amount of water needs to be precise.
2. Add 10 ml more water than recommended by the machine. This might depend on the brand of flour.

Now sit back and relax. Perfect noodle will be ready in 6 minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sim

SimNSW, 1715

Excellent solid pasta maker.

Previously I have Kogan brand noodle maker but it was terrible. But now I got this machine which is excellent. The smart scale is great to help take some of the guess work out of it, and yes as other reviewers have mentioned the recipes seem odd if you have made pasta by hand in the past. Also its easy to clean after use. It makes pasta noodles in just 20 minutes. Solid product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Nikon user

Nikon userMelbourne

Yummy Pasta for novice

I love eating pasta, and this brings this delicious food a whole new level
The pasta machine maker is so easy to use even a 4 year old kid will be able to operate it with ease
It's fast, easy to assemble, though the cleaning might take a bit of time (~3 mins to clean the machine usually)
Love this!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Linisa

LinisaMelbourne

Great noodles and pasta, but the lasagna and wonton sheets don’t seem to stay together

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Cate

Cate

Fantastic Product - Fabulous Fresh Pasta and Noodle so quickly

I bought this product a few months ago - and am absolutely loving it. Extremely well designed. I have made penne, spaghetti, lasagna, pappardelle, dumplings sheets and udon noodles. Each one comes out perfectly - I always follow the recommendations in the book. We have not bought pasta or noodles since we bought this product because it is that simple and quick to use! Cleaning up is so easy with the well designed implements and cleaning tools. Even friends who hand make their pasta in the traditional way are impressed.

One request please Philips - please can you bring out a spirali disk - the only thing that could improve this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2007
Ningnong

NingnongMidge point

Very easy for someone who is time starved

I don't enjoy the mess and time involved with pasta making, so this machine is awesome. It does exactly as it says . It weighs first the flour then when you select egg or no egg it gives you the right measurements; cleaver wee thing;,I was given a tip from the sales person on making sure to stick to the liquid measures and it worked perfectly...Put egg in measure first then add the water. Super quiet and took no time washing up. They say you can put the bits in a dishwasher but you have to remember to clean it out of the holes etc first so quicker in the tub. The kids will be able to help and it is very compact the bits have a special drawer to hide them, so you won't lose them

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Cecilia

CeciliaSydney

Great product!

This machine is very practical. What you need is just follow the instructions, basically just pour the flour, water and egg (if u want to make egg noodles), that's it. My young children can make their favourite egg noodles themselves in 15 mins without much mess. We have tried half of the recipes from the book given. Hardly get anything wrong. We starts falling in love with Philips' products, great invention. Will recommend to friends.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your kind words, Cecilia! And we are happy to hear that you tried so many recipes from the booklet. If you have any other recipes, please share them here. We are curious!

Palerang

PalerangSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Underwhelming, very thick pasta

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Failed cash back offer

Disappointed with Phillips who contacted me to state that "...your Philips Kitchen Appliances' product has failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the promotion." Despite the product still being offered through Harvey Norman with cash back offer.

The machine is versatile but it's automated features do not handle well the use of 00 Italian flour, hence dissapointing true fans of pasta.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Samwisethe2nd
Samwisethe2nd

I can't PM you Philips Official. Email was received 1:50pm Wed 26/04/2017 with title 1704 - Philips KA AU Cash Back Status update: claim invalid

Sam

SamAustralia

Great product and even better after sales service

Date PurchasedNov 2016

DavidgPerth, WA

Bought on false pretences of a cash back

I bought this device in response to a $50 cash back from Philips. I followed the requirements to the letter, but it was still knocked back with no reason given.
I will seriously reconsider buying any Philips products in the future.

The pasta the machine makes is passable, but is not worth the effort of setting it up and cleaning it. In particular, the penne is thick and gluggy, and my wife will not let me make it again.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Davidg

I have now received an email saying that my cashback has been approved after all.
I will now endeavor to make satisfactory penne pasta.

steve

steveCanberra

Good Product

I bought the Phillips Pasta and Noodle Maker (HR2358/06) with auto weighing. It's fabulous machine. I have made Fettuccine, Spaghetti and Penne few times. I used combination of Durum Wheat Semolina and Premium Plain Four (all purpose) up to max weigh 500g. Each time with good results. The instruction is easy to follow and easy to clean. I don't I will return to packet pasta, nothing like the taste of fresh pasta. The machine has 2 years guarantee.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Myopiniononly

MyopiniononlyTasmania

I highly recommend this machine.

I love this machine. I have used white, wholemeal and semolina flour with great results. I couldn't imagine buying packet pasta again. I bought it after reading the great reviews on the Thermomix Facebook pages I visit. I haven't used the previous model but I would recommend the machine with the weighing option, it is so handy when I have very little flour left.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Michelle

MichelleCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Get the auto weigh!

So this is the third time I've tried to submit a review and it jut doesn't seem to update. Did a lot of research and recommend you Buy the auto weigh version - you get more discs and you can make pasta as long as minimum 250g which is helpful as I don't want to make bulk amounts. Easy to clean, all dishwasher proof. Well done Philips and if this review goes nowhere and disappears for a fourth time, write your own review!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Bkizzyasked

I bought this machine second hand. However the manual and recipe booklet weren't with it.
Is there a way to get the recipe book online? I've found the user manual but no copy of the recipe book.
Is it possible to order one from phillips?

Hi there,

Congratulations on your purchase! What a shame the previous owner didn't include the recipe booklet with the appliance for you. We kindly recommend you to contact our team through the below phone number. They will able to further assist you with your request. We hope you enjoy your homemade pasta!

You can reach our team on 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm

Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Bkizzy

Thanks for the response! I will call. First batch of spaghetti was tremendous!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you, Bkizzy! Feel free to keep us updated on how things go with the search for the recipe book from here. Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

Zbis L.asked

Do I precook the pasta before I bake in the oven?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to watch this video for tips and tricks on how to use this appliance. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK6WCAD2NjM

Zbis L.

seen that on youtube lol I made fresh pasta and cooked it in the sauce, was great.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Zbis, we're happy to hear that it all worked out with the pasta. What kind of sauce did you serve it with? :)

erew

erewasked

If i want to customize the recipe by adding a different flour /add some protein powder, can i override the water Quantity that the auto weigh wants and proceed with making the pasta/noodle or it wont allow me? Is there any model in Australia with Metal /non plastic parts -for home use.

Philips S.Philips

Hey Erew, thanks for your question! It sounds like you're not afraid to get creative in the kitchen, and that's definitely something that we encourage. :) We haven't done a whole lot of testing in that regard, but you can be a true trailblazer when it comes to protein-enriched pasta. And feel free to experiment a bit. The only thing we would say is that the quality of the pasta itself couldn't be guaranteed that way. But it's definitely possible that you'll find a ratio that works wonders. And to answer your last question: no, the models we currently over work with a very strong plastic that's easy to clean and maintain.

We wish you the best of luck in your cooking endeavours.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives