Philips HR2357/06

Philips HR2357/06

MPN: 35903118

So Excited!

The fact I no longer have to take 3 hours to make pasta is so exciting. 15 minutes, and the machine does it all for me. The recipe book providing different pasta color options and the accessories to change my pasta is an added bonus. I love it.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $329.00.

Thanks for the kind review, Nerrida! It sounds like you've found the perfect kitchen companion in the HR2357 Pasta Maker. :) If there is anything we can help you out with, or if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us via social media or telephone: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Easier than buying pasta.

Easy, good result, I found measuring worked better than weighing. Followed recipe for beetroot pasta but colour boiled out. Machine will get used because everything about is easy and quick.

Purchased in May 2018 for $300.00.

Hi there, we appreciate your kind words and thanks for sharing the valuable feedback! :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Perfect pasta

I have just used this pasta maker. I usually make pasta by hand but this thing..... amazing! Just amazing! No more kneading, rolling and cutting. Never again!
Follow the directions exactly. I weigh my ingredients to get it exact. That is the key to good pasta. I also always add 1 egg to the liquid.
I cannot believe how perfectly delicious the pasta turns out. In 3 minutes perfect pasta is coming out into the bowl. Texture is perfect. Cooks perfectly. Enough for 4 large serves. Need more? Make a second batch. Too easy! Best purchase I have made . Love it. And you can make all sorts of flavours and colours. But the rule is always exact weighed ingredients. Also use Duram wheat as it keeps its shape ..
Pros: Quick, tasty and perfect fresh pasta
Cons: none

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $299.00.

Beware of cash rebate promo

Bought online at Amazon Dec 18 where a cash back promo was advertised and prize was good. Already had the older noodle machine, but the plastic auger lost plastic strips in dough.
The new machine had good reviews.

I have had the worst experience with the promised cash back promo.

After 5 weeks since I sent in all details I got an email- they claimed I did not fill out my address ( I did).
I send in my details again, as requested, they send email they received it and progress claim.

Several days later they send another email, claim invalid because they don't like Amazon invoice!?

I have sent Amazon an email asking them for
another invoice, but I feel conned by Philips!
I already filled out everything online in December.
Philips wants store name, address etc, but it is online purchase - you know- Amazon!= Online

In the meantime I got a cash back from Nespresso no problem. Fill out form ( also Amazon invoice) get paid.

Never in my life has a company been so demanding/ inefficient, plain hostile when advertising a cash back promo.

I bought lots of expensive Philips devices in the past year, but it will be my last if this is how they treat their customers.

I am not jumping through artificially made up hoops by Philips any more.

If I don't get my promised cash back now I will inform others and Amazon is good at dealing with customers unlike Philips and I will get rid of the device before any device warranty issues should happen, heaven forbid.

When the older model noodle machine spit plastic parts in my dough, after less than a year usage I did not make a fuss, gave them the benefit of a doubt, bought the newer model.
Now I have issues with them honouring the cash back!
I don't need the stress. What a way to treat customers, Philips!?

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hello Igravo, Thanks for sharing this experience on here. It's regrettable to hear how all of this went down. We can see this has been a frustrating ordeal, and that you're not jumping at the opportunity to push this any further. However, our team would likely be referring to an invoice (which you can download as .pdf-file from your account), as opposed to an order confirmation. Perhaps you can still make this happen, and directly contact the promotions team on cashback@philipspromotions.com.au. Hope it still works out this way. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi again Igravo, Could you please send us a private message with the following: full name, address, suburb, phone number and email address. We'd like to follow up on this with our promotion team and try to solve the issues you're having with the cashback. We'll be waiting on your reply. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Massive waste of money

We have persisted with this pasta maker, and it should not be this difficult to produce great results. Followed instructions to the letter, not one success. Crumbling, dry misshapen pasta. Wasted $400 on a product that doesn't deliver. Please don't send me youtube links, tried that - another failed batch.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Lisa, Thank you for your sharing your honest results. This certainly sounds unusual, and we can most definitely see this has been a frustrating ordeal. We would like to ask to get in touch with us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). As we'd like to see if we can change something about this. Thanks in advance! We hope to talk to you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

So happy with this

First time we used this I set it up with my daughter and it said it was going to be 15 mins, so I left it mixing and went to make her a drink, she came running in after only a few minutes saying the pasta is coming out already (it was it takes about 3 mins to start, in 15 mins it's completely finished)). Both my kids (2 & 4 years) love this machine they drag their chairs into the kitchen to see it & eat a lot of the pasta raw. We've made great pasta and noodles with it, they taste like store bought. I like the recipe for curry noodles too. Probably would buy more attachments also.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Alison, How nice the pasta maker has been able to provide you with tasty meals and some entertainment. :) Thanks for sharing this, and all the best to you and your family! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Happy until you need parts and advice from the call centre.

Worked well until the blender bar broke. Purchased replacement bar but machine didn’t work with it. Lots of time and effort later with a poorly informed call centre I have given up. End of my Phillips (bad) experience. Should have stuck with the manual hand making machine, which is what I’m going back to.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi there, We regret hearing your experience with both the product and the customer service haven't been the best! This is obviously not the way we want our consumers to feel. :( It's a pity to see we have lost a customer because of this. Would you let us know if there is anything we can do for you? We're listening. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Great Pasta Maker

I bought the little brother to this and was very impressed but I couldn't buy additional shaping discs for it; like the Angel Hair pasta. When this was on sale I decided to opt for the next level up and pass my old machine to someone else who had been coveting it. I didn't want to buy the one that calculated the amount of water based on the flour because I read reviews where this kept tripping out with an error message for some people. This really is an easy way to make pasta. Put in the flour, put in the water/egg mixture then turn on the machine. It mixes the dough for a while then begins to extrude it. All you have to do is cut it to length. You do end up with a bit of dough left over but using the extrusion option fixes most of it then I put whatever is left through my hand machine. Washing up is a little fiddly but nothing too difficult. Now as long as I have eggs, flour and water I have fresh pasta in about 20 minutes with very little effort from me.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good product, easy to use and to clean

Have had this product for a month and love using it. It is easy to put together, easy to use and produces beautiful pasta and noodles in just 15 minutes. I like the fact that my family is not consuming preservatives and other unknown additives that are in store-bought pasta and noodles. If Phillips is seeking to improve this machine, I would suggest the addition of a knead-only function and a resting function so that we could use it for recipes that require a longer kneading/resting time. Also, as addition of boiling water to rice flour is required in making of some asian rice noodles, I would suggest making all parts that come into contact with the ingredients heatproof to at least above boiling point.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Spinning shaft paint falling off since new, used only once

I bought the machine in Moore park Bing lee 3 months ago, only used once, today I notice the silver color spinning shaft used to mix and push the flour is defective from factory, the Teflon painted surface have a big area of bubbles, my guess is that in factory at one stage the shaft is not cleaned properly and just painted over with Teflon. Very disappointed to receive ebay quality product from Philips. I have photos taken as proof.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi there. Thank you for your review. We can imagine your disappointment with this happening to your Pasta Maker after only being able to use it just once. It's a good idea that you've taken pictures. We advise you to get in contact with our customer support, so that they can look into this to see how they can help. You can reach them on: 1300 363 391. Alternatively, please find us on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) where we're available 24/7 to help. We hope to hear from you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Terrible bad customer service

My husband brought the pasta machine for my Xmas present. They had the promotion for the $50 back and I send all the info when they requested before Xmas day. They acknowledge that they receive it but they denied paying the $50 credit to me because the scan missed one figure to complete the refund instead of allowing me to resend it they st me the letter saying that I missed out. I called the office and there were so rude and did not want to transfer me to the correct department. They are not honest with the promotion they just want to find a way not to pay.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for reaching out to us, Brigette. We're sorry to hear what happened. It is important to us that we get all the details to register the promotion properly, but it does sound like this was a more unfortunate experience than just that. We'd like to see if we could still bring you in touch with the correct department to see if this could still be rectified. We'll send you a private message in which we'll ask for some contact details so a colleague of ours is able to reach out to you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Loving Making Fresh Pasta Anytime.

Bought this in September 2017 (10 weeks ago). Very pleased with how easy it is to use. So far I've made pasta: penne, fettucine and spaghetti (the egg recipes). It has non-egg recipes (udon, Ramen, dumpling sheet). I'm using it every week. Depending on the mix of flours used, the mix may clump a bit. If this happens, I open the lid and break any large clumps up. Doesn't cause any issues with extruding. A little bit of trial and error required with flour blends to get the liquid perfect. Similar to what you need to do with a new bread maker.
It makes batches of 300 g or 600g. And you can make multiple batches without cleaning. There are cookie moulds that can be purchased separately for about $30. It's about as heavy as a bread maker. Exceptionally quiet operation. Cleaning is easy (not sure that the book explains how to clean the moulds, but very easy once you know how)
I sourced a decent GF recipe developed specifically for this machine and am happy with the results.

Also supplied is a lovely recipe book with glossy pictures.
The ONLY negatives:
1. No GF or low Gluten recipes in the book.
2. Only makes lasagne, penne and fettucine (more like slightly flat spaghetti). A wide flat noodle shape would be better than having two that produce very similar shapes

Suppliers: I bought from Kg electronic. RRP is $359, but often around $320. I Paid about $260 as I had a discount option. The Good Guys also sell the machine and the cookie cutters.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to write such an elaborative review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the pasta maker so much. We also appreciate your criticism and will definitely take this into account. You mentioned you preferred to have a wide flat noodle disc available. This product is available but is sold separately. Here is a link in case you're interested: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HR2401_06/pasta-and-noodle-maker-accessory. If you have any other questions, feel free to visit us on Facebook or Twitter. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This machine is just flawless.

Like many other appliances it takes a few goes in order to work out exactly the best way of using it. Once you work out some tricks and tweaks the machine does exactly what you expect it to do. So far I’m very happy with it and can’t fault it. Son of Italian migrants.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hello Alex, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're very happy to hear that our pasta machine has found the perfect home with you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Easiest appliance to use (and I have a lot of appliances!)

I used my new pasta machine for the first time yesterday & loved it! The machine is so easy and fun to use (reminds me of a play-doh extractor). I made a double batch of lasagne sheets for a large (8 serving) vegetable lasagne and it turned out to be the exact amount required. I'll never go back to store bought pasta again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hello there, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re happy to hear that you’re satisfied with your pasta and noodle maker. Did you know that we share YouTube tutorials and recipes to use with this machine on our website? Herewith a direct link to the concerned page: https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-ho/pastamaker. We hope you enjoy your pasta and noodle maker for more time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Not up to its name

I purchased the premium pasta and noodle maker to make noodles. I found that it does not come with noodle discs. I tried the spagetti extrusion dics but this resulted in very fine pasta more angle hair than spagetti so even as a spagetti maker I was disappointed. I had to purchase for around $30 2 noodle discs and even these look too small for udon noodles.
Looking for recipes for rice flour noodles rather than wheat recipes.
Overall i am disappointed in the advertising and disc sizes for this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hello, Debra. Thank you for taking the time to write down your experiences. We regret hearing that you haven't been completely satisfied with the Pasta and Noodle Maker. It doesn't sound exactly right that the spaghetti you mentioned came out so thin, so it could be that something is going wrong there. We would like to ask you to reach out to us by phone, so we'll be able to help you further. You can reach us at 1300 363 391. We also regret to hear that the recipe book does not meet your expectations. At this moment we can't do anything about that, but we will consider this valuable feedback that helps us improve this product. For now, we hope to be able to improve your experience when we speak with you directly. Thank you in advance! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Worst invention ever!

I bought this tonight. It didn't make the pasta in 15 minutes. It took more like 45. The pasta immediately stuck together in clumps. It overworked the flour, so what I ended up with was thick clumps of dense fettuccini. It was barely edible - it was chewy and thick. Yuck. Worst purchase ever.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi there, Thanks for submitting your review here. We welcome any kind of customer feedback, although we regret hearing you are not at all happy with the pasta maker. We do hope you will give it another chance though. It's a lot of trial and error to get the best pasta! You might want to check our Youtube videos regarding the pasta maker. There are some valuable tips and tricks in there. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Easy to use gluten free pasta maker - ok for a novice.

I make gluten free pasta only and the machine did not come with a good gluten free recipe. Gluten free is traditionally a bit tricker than normal pasta as small differences in the flour type can make a difference to the consistency. The machine is fairly forgiving if I don't get the liquid/flour ratio 100% right. And on the odd occasion where my consistency has been a little too out of whack, I have just thrown the mix back into the machine with more flour or liquid and put it through a second time.

I have adapted a Jamie Oliver recipe to make great tasting gluten free pasta and I am not a particularly good cook. It didn't really take too much effort to get the flours/liquid ratio to use for great tasting pasta. I put in about 4 different flours (totaling about 300g), some xanthan gum, salt, 3 eggs and olive oil. It turns out great and I have tried it with all the attachments. The lasagne sheets did tend towards a bit of breakage, so I had to keep them shorter, but they still tasted great.

The machine is easy to use and as I said, pretty forgiving if you want to 'play' with recipes. I find cleaning pretty easy as I rinse off everything straight away and remove any excess pasta from the attachment with the little tools provided. I guess if you left it dirty, you would probably have to soak some of the parts.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Deborah, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We're very happy to see that the pasta maker works so well for you. Have you already had a look at our pasta cooker website? On https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-ho/pastamaker you can find all kinds of good recipes. :) We wish you a lot of fun with your device, Deborah! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Cannot Live Without

The best piece of equipment I have every bought as I love pasta especially fresh pasta. So easy to use & if you make double you can freeze half. Comes with different discs depending what sort of pasta you want to cook. Takes a little bit of time to clean but it is worth it or you can put most of the parts into a dishwasher.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi there, we're glad to hear that you've discovered the ease of use and the other benefits of the Pasta and noodle maker. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We'd like to let you know that we would not recommend you to wash the appliance and its accessoires in the dishwasher. You can read more about the cleaning of the appliance right here (pages 18-20): http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hr2357_06/hr2357_06_dfu_eng.pdf. Have a great, pasta filled weekend! :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

brilliant pasta maker

Absolute best electric kitchen device. Thought I would never use it but have used it at least twice a week since I got it. Super easy to use and clean. Haven't bought packet pasta since I have had it. Also makes awesome noodles for stir fry. I really only use the spaghetti, the penne doesn't seem to come out the best. If you eat pasta I would highly recommend it. It tastes a million times better. I measure by the cups provided. Only ever messed it up once at the very start by adding too much water. Always make it drier, it absorbs the water anyway when you cook it and it's actually nicer if you make it a bit drier. Half fine semolina, half flour filled nice and full but not knocked down in the cup, and just under 95ml water/egg. Perfect every time. Would have easily made it over 100 times without fail. For the noodles, 90ml water and full cup of flour. Simple as.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi there Dave, it sounds like you unexpectedly found a kitchen device that really suits you and it's awesome to learn that it's one of ours.:) Thank you for sharing your experience with us and hope you'll get to enjoy homemade paste for a long time to come! Kind regards, the Philips Australia Team

Could be improved

Didn't find it too difficult in making pasta first time using 1 cup plain & 1 cup wholemeal with good results. Issues we have is that not all the pasta were extruded; with quite a bit of dough left inside despite using extrusion button & disc holes for spaghetti could be a bit larger. Saw extra discs for ramen, etc on Amazon but will they fit this model? Extra dough was not binned, TIP: roll them out into small balls to cook in soup/stock or roll flat & cut with pizza cutter into strips.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Opal, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're glad to hear you've discovered the ease of the Pasta and noodle maker. It's a pity though that not all dough had been used by the appliance. Did this occur once or does this happen more often? We suggest you to have a look at the following page: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=HR2357/06&dct=QAD&faqview=1&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0105832&scy=AU&slg=ENG&view=aa12_view_partial.html. Will you let us know if these tips help? Could you perhaps also share the link of the ramen discs you've spotted? Then we can check for you if these would fit the HR2357/06. We're hoping to hear from you, Opal. Have a nice week! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

You say it's best to weigh the flour 250 g but when you use a measuring Cup 250 g is actually 1 1/4 cups not 1 cup as stated in your manual Ruth
Hey Ruth, good question! It can be quite dependent on the density of your flour how much it weighs. We do indeed recommend measuring with weight instead of volume. But if you find that you're getting better results the other way around, who are we to judge. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi can anyone help me l received my pasta machine model Philips HR2357/06, l just like to know if anyone has made pasta just using eggs and olive oil , instead of adding water ,as real pasta making is using eggs and olive oil , if anyone has can you be able to share the receipe or let me how it came out , l have seen the receipe's in the book but they all have water added to it , any help will be greatly appreciated . Regards Marthes
Hi Marthes. Thanks for your question. Our pasta maker should work with any recipe you throw at it, so feel free to experiment. If you search the internet for egg pasta recipes you should be able to find quite a few. ;) Feel free to let us know how it turns out. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Can you use two eggs with 95 mls of water instead of one egg, also can you make pasta with only eggs without using any water and how many to each cup of flour. Regards Maria
Hi there Marthes, thanks for leaving your question here with us. The beautiful thing of cooking is experimenting with new dishes. If you are unsure we recommend you to take a look at our recipe booklet. The recipes shown in there will definitely work! However, we do encourage you to try new things out, even though we can't guarantee the perfect final result. Happy cooking. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamOk thank you, l just brought the machine and looking forward to making fresh pasta and due to the reviews I have read about the Philips pasta machine how good it is made me choose it,plus saves time from doing it by hand like I always done it. Will try and let you know :)

HR2357/06