Proteus PEC-4988

Proteus PEC-4988

See the Best Exercise Bikes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Proteus Fitness? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
    Frank Murray
    Frank MurraySydney NSW

great product..great value

I was a little apprehensive about the quality based on the price being offered..but what a pleasant result. The unit is wonderful and the service was exceptional.The unit was simple to assemble and operates very nicely.

Good

I bought this bike about two years ago and am pleased with the purchase. Its very solid and the action is very smooth. In most ways it is indistinguishable from a gym-quality stationary bike that you would normally pay membership fees for.
    Solid construction. Scalable seat adjustment versus pegs. You can wear a polar lap band to measure heart rate or have heart rate read via the handles.
    Its AC powered. I generally prefer gyro-powered but its no big deal.

Bee
    Beeasked

I have a 4988 - Do you ever have to lubricate any moving parts ? If so how?
    It’s been in storage for 5 years and squeaks when peddling .

Alan Hasked

I have a Proteus PEC 4988 exercise bike and really like it.
    It has recently started displaying an ‘E5’ error message which changes it’s mode of operation.
    Can you please advise how I might rectify this.
    I have tried a power reset, but to no avail.
    Hoping you can assist.

Alan Hasked

I have a Proteus PEC 4988 which constantly displays an E5 error message and does not enable any programs.
    I have tried a power reset to no avail.
    Are you familiar with this, or able to offer any suggestions.
    Regards