Proteus PEC-4988

4.5

Frank Murray

Frank MurraySydney NSW

great product..great value

I was a little apprehensive about the quality based on the price being offered..but what a pleasant result. The unit is wonderful and the service was exceptional.The unit was simple to assemble and operates very nicely.

Good

I bought this bike about two years ago and am pleased with the purchase. Its very solid and the action is very smooth. In most ways it is indistinguishable from a gym-quality stationary bike that you would normally pay membership fees for.
Solid construction. Scalable seat adjustment versus pegs. You can wear a polar lap band to measure heart rate or have heart rate read via the handles.
Its AC powered. I generally prefer gyro-powered but its no big deal.

Bee

Beeasked

I have a 4988 - Do you ever have to lubricate any moving parts ? If so how?
It’s been in storage for 5 years and squeaks when peddling .

Alan Hasked

I have a Proteus PEC 4988 exercise bike and really like it.
It has recently started displaying an ‘E5’ error message which changes it’s mode of operation.
Can you please advise how I might rectify this.
I have tried a power reset, but to no avail.
Hoping you can assist.

Alan Hasked

I have a Proteus PEC 4988 which constantly displays an E5 error message and does not enable any programs.
I have tried a power reset to no avail.
Are you familiar with this, or able to offer any suggestions.
Regards