RACV Emergency Home Assist

RACV Emergency Home Assist

Electricians and Plumbers
4.7 from 1,842 reviews

Plumbing service assistance

Assistance to repair a leak in the main water pipe into the house was quick.
The technician found the cause and repaired it but suggested to me that, although the repair was permanent, the the problem could recur as the very large tree near by had roots that had damaged the pipe, and possibly could do so again. This means we can take steps to minimise this potential.
This is the second time we have used Emergency Home Assist, and find it fantastic.

crap service

you call for a tradey to come and fix a pilot light. you announce in advance the make and model, and he arrives to declare that he doesn't have the part and can't fix it! What's the point of this "Service"? It just wastes everyone's time!

A must have for every home owner

I had a leaking pipe under my house. Called Emergency Home Assist and the plumber was there within 40 minutes. He replaced the leaking part and fixed the problem. He was friendly and explained what he had done and showed me before photos.

Good afternoon Vonnski, we are so glad to hear your leaking pipe was fixed within 40 minutes and you are happy with the service provided. We do appreciate and value your feedback and have a great day! Kind Regards, Kristen

Make sure your emergency is on a weekday.

RACV emergency home assist is a complete waste of money. We have a blocked toilet and they sent a plumber who confirmed that it is indeed blocked. Unfortunately that’s all they can do, because they cannot provide a quote for clearing the blockage on the weekend as the quotes department is closed. What kind of emergency service is this?

Hi Wayne B, we are sorry to hear that our Emergency Home Assist service did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback and we will make contact with you to discuss this further. Kind regards, Kristen

Amazing super service

Couldn’t be any better service then that. Wow. Very first and efficient service. The person also super star. Know his job well. 5* for him as well. Just purchased the service after had a toilet blocked and before I finished my phone conversation, the service is in my driveway. Very happy. Thanks team.

Good afternoon Dewan, we are so glad to hear you are happy with the service provided and our trades person did a great job. We do appreciate and value your feedback and have a great day! Kind Regards, Kristen

VERY FAST AND GREAT SERVICE

Great service and 1st class tradesman. A very good service and takes the pressure of me
not sure what i would have done without it. Very quick response and problem fixed in no time.
special thanks to arobb
thanks racv emergency home assist
AHMAD

Good afternoon Ahmad, we are so glad to hear you are happy with the service provided and we were able to assist so quickly. We do appreciate and value your feedback and have a great day! Kind Regards, Kristen

Leaking Toilet ... Help!

Prompt and very efficient. All fixed within 15 minutes. Great service and 1st class tradesman. A very good service and takes the pressure off those of us who are NOT DYI experts in cases of emergency.

Hi David G, we are so glad to hear you are happy with the service provided and your problem was fixed quickly. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Kind Regards, Kristen

Very grateful!

Super happy with the service provided tonight. Very grateful that we are racv emergency home assist members, not sure what we would have done without it. Very quick response and problem fixed in no time.

Hi Hayley, we are so glad to hear you are happy with the service provided. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Kind Regards, Kristen

Fantatastic service

Arrived within 60 minutes of call out and fixed the issue in 10 minutes (faulty safety fuse ), couldn't be happier with service. So I will be renewing my membership

Hi John K, we are so glad to hear that your recent faulty safety fuse problem was resolved so quickly. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Kind Regards, Kristen

Original call out good, follow-up, not so good

I have used the RACV home assist several times over the last few years and up to the last two call outs they have been very good. The last two call outs were answered very quickly but the follow-up for a quote or repair was not so good. The last time i had a leaky water pipe ( the water to the house had to be shut off) which meant i needed repairs quickly but after waiting 3 days i had to call another plumber as i just couldn't wait any longer.
I do feel that the service is good if the tradesman can fix the problem right away but if a follow-up is required, I have not had the speed of response that I feel should be expected.

Good afternoon Dave H, we are sorry to hear that our Emergency Home Assist service has not meet your expectations at all times. We do appreciate your feedback and we will make contact with you to discuss this further. Kind regards, Kristen

Chris was above and beyond our expectations to resolve our emergency ,,,,Thank you Chris and thank you RACV HOME ASSIST

Chris came on time , was very helpful and resolved our emergency perfectly
thank you a lot and we are very happy with that quick actions from RACV on Sat Afternoon

Hi Sherif, we are so glad to hear that your Chris provided such great service. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Kind Regards, Kristen

Very disappointed

The electrician tried and was pleasant but the problem was beyond him and he admitted he didn't know what was wrong. He left and we still had no power, no idea what was wrong and no solution so had to call out another electrician at more expense but he was able to find the problem and restore power. RACV Home Assist did not live up to its advertising and was just a waste of money for us because we got not assistance for our money.

Good afternoon Kezza, we are sorry to hear that our Emergency Home Assist service did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback and we will make contact with you to discuss this further. Kind regards, Kristen

Above and beyond

We are having issues with our drainage, and are in the midst of an insurance claim. Two of the three plumbers that we have had out to assist us with serious drainage issues have gone above and beyond, and I’m so grateful. Today Simon cleared the blockage, and was good enough to put in a report to SE Water which I can now follow up.

Hi Fi H, we are so glad to hear that your drainage problem was resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Kind Regards, Kristen

Water was flooding the front yard.

George arrived within the hour as promised. He was polite, well presented, professional and did a great job replacing the tap and the old, rusted out galvanised pipe with a new copper one. He was careful with the plants, and didn't complain about the hot sun and working in all the mud, digging down to the pipe. No more flooding and I have water again. Thank you, George for your good work today.

Hi Elizabeth, we are so glad to hear that George provided such great service. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Kind Regards, Kristen

No coordination between technicians

On 21st Jan, called out to fix ducted heater issue. Plumber visited, heater worked when he operated. When tried to swith on later, it didn't work. After careful observation, I have noticed a soldered wire inside the controller got cut.
Called RACV home assist today and informed the same. They have sent a plumber. Who has seen the disconnected wire. When the wire is pressed, heater started working. He has referred the matter to Electrician to fix. After nearly 3 hours an electrician arrived. He has noticed the issue and says sparkys will not carry soldering iron as such the matter needs to be referred to the heating expert for a paid visit.

Today 5th Feb received a call from RACV and they want to charge me $350 to send a person to solder a wire in the controller.

Are you serious RACV???? Is this the service your customers needs to expect???

Good Afternoon, we’re sorry to hear that our Emergency Home Assist service did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you to discuss this further. Warm regards, Elise - Social Media Consultant.

Very happy

I have had 3 call outs since signing up. First one for a broken hot water unit on a Saturday morning. Great service and they helped organise a replacement. With the faulty pressure release valve a few years later, they were able to replace it (paid for part only). And recently, a broken pain of glass. Would have been nice if it could have been more than a patch up job to weatherproof it, but that is understandable. Service and tradies have been excellent each time.

Hi Sherrie. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson concerned. To enable us to do this, could you please private message us with your member number? We would also love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide in home emergencies. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb and RACV card colour. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, Elise - Social Media Consultant.

Locksmith excellent

Prompt arrived well within an hour of calling.Friendly and professional. Thanks Cam. Great job. All locked up and safe again.

Wonderful service

First time user of this service even though signed up for several years. Trevor, from RACV attended promptly in less than an hour. Explained problem, blocked toilet and drain, then fixed fully. Ease of contact, quick response and resolution = peace of mind.

Providing peace of mind

Here within the hour. Turned out it wasn't electrical but he eliminated that and gave us peace of mind. Helped us to see what the problem was and we have had this attended to.

Hi Lorraine. We are so glad to hear we were able to assist you during this time. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Kind Regards, Mel.

Brilliant service!

The electrician was here within the hour as promised. He was polite and friendly, and he fixed the problem on the spot. What fantastic service from RACV Emergency Home Assist!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback Bazza.Great to hear that pleased with the service provided. Kind regards, Craig RACV