RACV Emergency Home Assist

RACV Emergency Home Assist

Plumbers, Electricians, Locksmiths
4.7 from 2,279 reviews

• Incentivised Review Yes (2%) · No (98%)
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

CER

CERGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Repair skylight before further forecast storms arrive

The EHA person arrived promptly and quickly patched the skylight. EA was necessary as the Insurance provider is still to assess the damage. Skylight is now temporarily waterproof. Good to know such assistance is available.

Sheila Page

Sheila PageGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Well done, timely response to phone call and plumber attending

Long time policy owner - rang, received call back within specified time, attending plumber then arrived within the designated time (1 hour), polite, attentive and recommended further follow up, when circumstances are safe. Only issue would be the phone service, getting to the appropriate person to lodged claim, I believe this could be confusing and difficult to older customers.

John ChekianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

FAULTY ELECTRICAL SWITCH

Power point switch in the electrical box shut down hence lost all power. The EHA technician D Muresan replaced the faulty switch. Great service and relief @ 10.30 pm SAT night.

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Storm damage

Electrician arrived within the quoted time frame which was amazing given it was Friday evening peak hour during a massive storm. We had no electricity (no phone no internet!) but the problem was very quickly identified and rectified in half the house so we had the basic lights, cooking, TV. He advised us to wait 48 hours for everything to dry out before incurring further expense and bingo 48 hours later all was restored. We are very happy customers and highly recommend Emergency Home Assist!

Professional and friendly service

Thanks to the plumber who turned up very quickly and solved the persistent brown hot water issue that occurred after my family and I came back from an interstate holiday. Provided valuable advice. Very professional and friendly.

Finally a decent repair

Was thorough quick did the job as promised. And turned up in a reasonable time frame. Plumber was really good. Identified the problem and was quick in actually fixing it and not fobbing me off to get it done by someone else.

Leaking Pipe

On time and we are in the country.

Very nice to deal with and calm.

Fixed the job efficiently

Very very happy with the service provided !!!

Will continue to use this great service

Norman Macleod

Norman MacleodGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Power outage - excellent to be able to use Home Assist

We arrived home at 11.50pm to find many of our lights were flashing and our home alarm was beeping.We phone Home Assist and were advised an electrician would be with us within the hour.John Roberts arrived at 12.39am. diagnosed the problem, explained to us what the fault was, contacted Citipower to have the fault rectified and explained to us what we had to do until the fault was rectified and what we had to do once power was restored. All in all a very satisfactory experience

Elise E.RACV

Job well done. Professional, effective, informative, clean and fast.

Thanks for a service man who comes in a timely fashion, knows what to do and does a great job. No mess, intelligent, professional and helpful advice. More than satisfactory.

Elise E.RACV

Hi Jillian, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We look forward to being there for you when you need us next.

Warm regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Great and very impressive service

Plumber arrived within 30 mins of my call. Efficiently and competently fixed my problem. A very pleasant and courteous young man. This is an excellent service and well worth the monthly payment. Gives one peace of mind when something breaks down in the house.

Elise E.RACV

Hi Bob, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We look forward to being there for you when you need us next.

Warm regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Great service -

The service delivered was exceptional. Advised someone would attend with an hour. The electrician called within 5-10 minutes of me calling RACV to confirm the issue. Arrived onsite and investigated the issue. Was very thorough, knowledgeable and helpful about what to do next.

Fantastic service.

I was told someone would be here within the hour and they were here quite quickly. A very pleasant and efficient young man quickly fixed the water flow. Thank you.

Excellent service

Prompt and efficient service, My problem was solved fast and professional. I highly recommend the "emergency home assist" for anyone who is not a handyman/woman as well as all who appreciate fast and efficient service.

John GoughGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Brilliant service! Efficient, friendly, and fastZ!

I had a double-latch deadlock that was close to its use-by, and I had been unable to fit a new double-latch myself, and then the old one died. I was faced with a door I couldn't even close, let along lock!
I would have to call a locksmith on a Saturday!
One call to RACV Home Assist brought a young man who was an expert, highly experienced, cheerful and quick! He removed the old broken lock and fitted the new one (that I hadn't been able to fit) and everything was 100% GOOD-TO-GO within a few easy minutes!
Brilliant!
Can't recommend this service highly enough!

John Gough

Using my review is fine, Leigh.
My wife and I greatly appreciate the service!! Have done for decades!!
John

MacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wonderful service

Plumber came within 20 minutes and resolved my problem very quickly. Terrific service. Having the emergency service gives peace of mind. Plumber gave excellent service and fixed the problem quickly and explained what had happened.

Well pleased

They arrived in half an hour from my phone call and attended to my problem, but the work needed will have to be quoted on . They gave me an idea of what might be required. Now anxiously waiting for a quote which I hope will be reasonable. Due to my age I can not possibly think of climbing a ladder and doing it myself, even temporary repairs

Kathryn

KathrynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Chantelle Club Home Assist

Hi my name is Kathryn,
I have been a member since I was eighteen and I am forty now.
I had a plumber called out the other day and requested for a quote. Given it being the Xmas New years period I realize the lack of resources so understand the delay in getting a quote.
I rang ans spoke to Chantelle in the Club Home response team and found her customer service to be outstanding. I must admit I was a little hot and flustered initially but she kept calm and answered all my questions. Her service was a definite 10/10.
Looking forward to getting the quote to see how much and when it can be repaired after considering a few other options.
Best regards,
Kathryn Munidasa member number 2975479

Tak

TakGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Prompt Response

Had a blocked sewage and called EHA. Plumber arrived within 30 minutes and problem fixed in 15 minutes. Prompt response and good service. Good value for money and highly recommended.

SlavkoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great support

I had a leak in the toilet - a constant steady small jet of water running down into toilet bowl. I called RACV, and they promised a plumber within 60 minutes.
He came within the promised time, quickly disassembled the tank and found a worn out valve rubber, produced a new one from his van, and the whole job was done in the matter of minutes.

He was also very friendly. This is not the first time I called RACV EHA, and each time the job was done quickly and professionally.

Great value for money!

3994 346

These guys have saved us from grief so many times over the years

A burst hose in the bathroom upstairs meant that water was cascading downstairs into the kitchen. we turned off the water at the mains but we were left with soggy plaster and no water. after the RACV Home
Assist Plumber came through, he got us going by replacing the hose and since we are also with RACV home insurance the claim was lodged and we had a plasterer, carpenter and electrician through to make sure everything was okay. Corey also came through with fans and dehumidifier to help dry out the damage before the repairs will begin. We cannot recommend RACV and their portfolio of services highly enough.

RFP

RFPasked

can you help with reconnecting our phone line (03 94590749). I am getting no help from our providers, Westnet, whom I have emailed many times.

Elise E.RACV

Hello, our Emergency Home Assist service covers up to 10 common emergencies to home owners. Unfortunately reconnecting a phone line not covered on our list of emergencies as our trades workers are not not qualified to repair a phone line. For more information regarding our emergency home assist service please visit https://www.racv.com.au/in-your-home/home-assist/emergency-home-assist.html. Thank-you

Jen <Masked

so do you only pay the annual subscription or do you still pay for parts and service - is this for call out Fee only ?

Katharine
Katharine

If they can get the work done in an hour you don't pay anything. It's all covered by the annual subscription. I haven't been in a situation where a plumber has needed to get in parts so I don't know the answer to that part of your question.

Hi Jen,

Emergency Home Assist includes coverage for up to 8 emergency jobs per year and you won’t be charged extra for service call outs after hours, weekends or public holidays.

We offer 24/7 plumbers, electrical emergencies and locksmiths in the even you lock yourself out.

Included in the service call out is up to 1 hour of labour and minor parts and materials.

Our qualified tradespeople are able to either fix the issue or provide temporary measures if more work is required to fix the issue. If more work is required, our experienced tradespeople will give you an obligation free quote for further works.

If you require more information, please either call us on 13 7228 (available from 7am-11pm daily) or please visit the Emergency Home Assist website - https://www.racv.com.au/in-your-home/home-assist/emergency-home-assist.html

Warm regards,

Eisa
RACV Social Media Consultant

Julieasked

I’ve lost both external key to the apartments and key to my apartment can your locksmiths help me out?

James
James

It's for emergencies only. RACV will get you in the house but they won't re-do the locks for you.

Pranil Sharma
Pranil Sharma

Does RACV cover the warranty of their contractors ?

Get an answer from our members and RACV representatives