RACV Emergency Home Assist

• Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
Les

LesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrific! This one visit probably paid for my one year subscription.

Our cooling system (evaporative) would not switch on. A very friendly and helpful young electrician was at our house in well under an hour - and this was at a weekend. Not only did he sort out our problem, but he also showed me how to do it myself if the problem recurs. Absolutely full marks to this RACV service (and the electrician!).

Exception customer experience from both the operator and Locksmith

After breaking the key in dead lock and locking myself out of my 93 yr old mothers fully secured property at 9.40 pm and effectively locking her in I was stressed to say the least. Thankfully I received exceptional service from emergency assist operator Karen who took the time to find a locksmith and call me back in 5 mins. The Locksmith was friendly and efficient arriving within the hour and resolving the issue in 10mins removing the key and cutting me a spare key. Both Karen and the Locksmith deserve a big pat on the back for outstanding service

Glenda L

Glenda L

Brilliant

He tried to pick the lick first but that didn't work as it was deadlocked . He tried several thing but in the end had to change the cylinder. He was brilliant

Cheryl Timbury

Cheryl TimburySouthwest, VIC

Best thing I have is being with RACV Home Assist

Leaking shower taps, could not turn them off. Plumber came within a short time of phone call. Fixed the problem with new washers, and cleaned up. I am very happy.

ARH

ARHGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another example of RACV saving the day

Cause of a pipe blockage quickly identified and then equally quickly resolved. Friendly and professional service. In the current COVID-19 world, asked all the right questions of me and wore gloves. Higly recommended service.

Timely, efficient response

The gentleman who came in a very short time fixed our washing machine water pipe efficiently and then put everything back the way it was. He pulled the machine out to clean up the water and mess, and put it all back in place. He did it all with a smile and not once made me feel like I was a nuisance for calling him out in the evening. I would recommend the serviceman and RACV emergency assist to anyone.

Eleni Constantinou

Eleni ConstantinouGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Leaking main pipe to house

From the time we lodged the issue till the time the leak was fixed we had a great stress free experience with RACV Emergency Home Assist looking after us. The plumber was quick to come and find and fix the cracked pipe in a very short time. We had no inconvenience what so ever with the loss of water supply. Overall a fantastic experience with such wonderful people. Thankyou so very much.

Vonnski

VonnskiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service - Fast Response Time

Plumber turned up really quickly. Friendly and professional approach. Leak was fixed just over the allotted time and was only out of pocket for a small fee. If I had to have called out a plumber, the cost would have been so much more. Highly recommend becoming a member of RACV Emergency Home Assist. A small cost for peace of mind.

Tharindu

TharinduGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent. RACV never let you down..

Had their services twice already for the last 3 years and both related to plumbing related issues, and all fixed promptly and they attended fast. The technicians were professional and courteous and very knowledgeable.

I highly recommend RACV home assist and recommend everyone to have this cover no matter how old the house is.

Peter - Gisborne

Peter - GisborneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent serviceman, efficient completion of job.

Although it took 24 hours to service the call the on site activity was great and successfully completed.
Friendly and professional approach. the job then allowed us to resupply water to the house.

pdm

pdmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Arrived quickly, fast assessment and discussed options

Adam arrived earlier than we expected, (and with some area preparation prior to visit) was pleasant and fast to assess the water leak area, discussed wall assessment options, determined the problem, as was unable to fix the potential long term problem and discussed the short term options. We decided to plug the problem and have the office tomorrow contact us to arrange an inspection/quote to (hopefully) avoid the nearby area failing again.
Hopefully, the office follow-up response will be as timely/professional!

Daniel B.

Daniel B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

beyond the call

RAcV Home Assist is a premium service and all of its trades people are positive and helpful. I had a smashed tile today on the roof and was fearful of it rainiing and the guy who came out went above and beyond to ensure that I had a temporary fix that would not leak. He told me where to get tiles, organised help and was just a kind hearted individual. I cannot recommend this service enough.

bpal

bpalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The plumber worked very hard to unblock the shower

The plumber worked very hard to unblock the shower and am very very happy with his work. He arrived within the hour and was very personable. Thank you so much, much appreciated.

Little Wonders

Little WondersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

On time and super fast fixing the leak

I’m really glad I’ve got RACV Emergency Home Assist. The plumber came on time & found the leak within 5 minutes under my laundry sink & fixed it very fast! Many thanks!

kathy peronace

kathy peronaceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service, very punctual

I rang Emergency Home Assist, they told me someone would arrive within the hour and they did. He removed his shoes and began working to find where leak was be coming from, he was able to isolate it from being the bathroom and at least now we know it is definitely the roof. I would highly recommend and am glad we took out Emergency Assist.

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service is the best.

I am 83 years old and as a consequence there is a lot I cannot do myself. The electrician who came today quickly found and rectified the problem of my loss of all my electricity. He told me what caused it and how to avoid it happening again. I appreciated his experience and willingness to share with me how to not have it happen again. His comments were most helpful and I was very grateful the information

My Member Number is 4235002

Lynne

LynneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thank you for the promptness of the plumber. Sorted out the problem quickly, many thanks - turned out to be the washing machine hose needing replacement so a trip to Bunnings and I have replaced it.

Kieran M.

Kieran M.Southwest, VIC

Great service and well presented, friendly and helpful

The electrician arrived within the quoted time period. The problem was resolved but he waited around to ensure it didn’t recur. He also checked over everything.
Technician was clean, well-spoken, friendly and helpful. A professional in every way.

Wonderful safe service

Roof leak causing ceiling discoloration. John found and fixed the problem very quickly, (tile had moved)

Rod
Rod

Joy

JoyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Prompt and excellent home maintenance service

Gentleman came in , saw the problem and just waiting now for a call when RACV are coming to fix the problem.. very polite and very helpful.
Put us at ease that our,leakage could be repaired promptly .

Aivars L

Aivars Lasked

My Bath tap is broke off. Is that covered

Ian
Ian

This is not a question I can answer. You should ring the RACV on 13 72 28.

Elise E.RACV

Hi Aivars. To find out if we can help please call us on 13 7228 anytime 24/7.

RFP

RFPasked

can you help with reconnecting our phone line (03 94590749). I am getting no help from our providers, Westnet, whom I have emailed many times.

Elise E.RACV

Hello, our Emergency Home Assist service covers up to 10 common emergencies to home owners. Unfortunately reconnecting a phone line not covered on our list of emergencies as our trades workers are not not qualified to repair a phone line. For more information regarding our emergency home assist service please visit https://www.racv.com.au/in-your-home/home-assist/emergency-home-assist.html. Thank-you

Jen <Masked

so do you only pay the annual subscription or do you still pay for parts and service - is this for call out Fee only ?

Katharine
Katharine

If they can get the work done in an hour you don't pay anything. It's all covered by the annual subscription. I haven't been in a situation where a plumber has needed to get in parts so I don't know the answer to that part of your question.

Hi Jen,

Emergency Home Assist includes coverage for up to 8 emergency jobs per year and you won’t be charged extra for service call outs after hours, weekends or public holidays.

We offer 24/7 plumbers, electrical emergencies and locksmiths in the even you lock yourself out.

Included in the service call out is up to 1 hour of labour and minor parts and materials.

Our qualified tradespeople are able to either fix the issue or provide temporary measures if more work is required to fix the issue. If more work is required, our experienced tradespeople will give you an obligation free quote for further works.

If you require more information, please either call us on 13 7228 (available from 7am-11pm daily) or please visit the Emergency Home Assist website - https://www.racv.com.au/in-your-home/home-assist/emergency-home-assist.html

Warm regards,

Eisa
RACV Social Media Consultant

Jen <M

Get an answer from our members and RACV representatives