RACV Emergency Home Assist

RACV Emergency Home Assist

Electricians, Locksmiths and Plumbers
4.7 from 2,009 reviews

Perfect service.

Great service. Arrived within an hour. Found the fault and fixed it. Friendly staff member. Very courteous. Job done in 30 minutes. I'm glad I'm with RACV. I would recommend everyone.

Best service available. Thank you RACV for having it.

They were very prompt and courteous and fixed the issue. They also told me of the condition of my roof.
Highly recommended this service. Now I know what needs to be done for maintenance. My roof is now leakproof. Thank goodness for RACV home assist.

Quick arrival of plumber, review of problem and able to sort it out quickly thank heavens as have elderly parent who becomes very anxious. Plumber was friendly and polite. Would recommend this service.

Hi Jenyp. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences! Thanks again and if there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know, otherwise we hope you have a great rest of the day. Warm regards, Nicole - Social Media Consultant.

RACV Home Assist a RIP off

What a waste of money! Twice l have called RACV regarding my toilet. At first it was blocked and now it is leaking. l have ended up with a $295 quote to do the job both times.The first time they sent me a quote, I put out an ad on Airtasker and I had someone do the job for $50. It leaves you wondering why you took out the annual membership. Anyway, never again, I will not be renewing my annual subscription.

Good evening Sandra, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of your call out experiences and would like the opportunity to escalate this matter for review. Please send us a private message with your full name, membership and contact number. Kind regards, Sulin

Brilliant service!

Quick and efficient service when a pipe in our bathroom burst in the evening and started a gush of fast flowing water. Very impressed! Will certainly be renewing the home assist policy!

Hi Carms. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing about our member’s experiences! Thanks again and if there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know. Warm regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Fast and Perfect Service.

Wonderful service, everything was perfect, problem solved. First time we have called, very impressed! The plumber was very polite and helpful. So good to not have to worry about blockage any more.

Hi Angie . Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson concerned. To enable us to do this, could you please provide me with your member number? We would also love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide in home emergencies. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb and RACV card colour. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, Sangita - Social Media Consultant.Yes certainly my number is 2166624, gold card. Thank you Sangita

No cold shower tonight

I couldn't be happier with the service I got from the plumber the RACV sent to check my hot water system. He was prompt, friendly and efficient. Hot showers tonight!

Hi Noel. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with RACV Insurance. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide to travellers. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you. Warm regards, Braheem RACV Social Media Consultant.Hi, Braheem, I'm pleased you've found my response useful. As a long-time member of the RACV, I'd be happy for you to use my comments for marketing the great service the organisation provides. Noel OsualdiniHi Noel, We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant team. Thanks again and we look forward to assisting you should you need us next. Regards, Eisa RACV Social Media Consultant

Fast and efficient

Tim the plumber arrived within the hour and tried again to fix an on-going problem with our toilet system leaking water. Let's hope he is successful this time - but it maybe we need a new cistern system after 25 years.

Hi Graeme. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson concerned. To enable us to do this, could you please provide me with your member number? We would also love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide in home emergencies. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb and RACV card colour. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, Sangita - Social Media Consultant.

Excellent Service!

Phil, the electrician was on my doorstep in under an hour. Knew immediately what was wrong (safety switch no longer working properly) fitted a new one, checked all my appliances to make sure everything was working again. Very pleasant fellow. Would certainly use RACV Emergency Home Care again. Thank You!

Good Morning/Afternoon. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson concerned. To enable us to do this, could you please provide me with your member number? We would also love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide in home emergencies. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb and RACV card colour. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Kind Regards, Justin - RACV Care ConsultantMembership Number is 1337074Hi Marian. Thanks for providing us with your member number. We will pass this on to the relevant department. If you have any other general enquiries, please do not hesitate to call us on 13 72 28 everyday between 7am and 11pm. Kind Regards, Mel.

10/10 service RACV Home Assist

Very prompt in arriving,introduced himself,pinpointed problems& explained process to fix.
Very professional,Mack put me at ease ,have recommended RACV to family & friends,it took the stress off .
It is the first time I have had to use the service & could not have been more pleased

Good Morning. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson concerned. To enable us to do this, could you please provide me with your member number? We would also love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide in home emergencies. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb and RACV card colour. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Kind Regards, Justin - RACV Care Consultantmember no 3351407 silver. Gloria . yes

Excellent service

The plumber came quickly and fixed the problem very quickly. Great service. No mess and he was very helpful. Thoroughly recommended. RACV Emergency Home Assist has worked well for me.

Hi David, Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson concerned. To enable us to do this, could you please provide me with your member number? We would also love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide in home emergencies. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb and RACV card colour. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, Eisa – RACV Social Media Consultant

Wonderful service

Plumber arrived late Friday afternoon before a long weekend and fixed a blocked toilet. Would never have got a plumber at short notice. Great service very efficient
Polite and professional manner

Emergency was hot water system not working

Plumber who came out did not know anything about hot water systems despite the fact that I reported that the hotwater was not working. The issue has not been addressed!!

Good Morning, we’re sorry to hear that our Emergency Home Assist service did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you to discuss this further. Warm regards, Elise RACV Social Media Consultant.

Totally not a good service as described on brochure.

Service is asked to reignite the pilot, it is a standard service described on your brochure, and it should be free for a very simple job like this, this is why people buy your Home Assist for, but your plumber charged $90 while the thermocouple is a $5-$20 part which can be bought on eBay, I can easily find a plumber to fix it at about the same price from local paper, could you tell me why people need to buy your Home Assist?
Also I didn't received the $50 rebate, could you check?

Great customer service.

The technician, Mr. Reid arrived within 1 hr, good communicated and understood the problem with the client. He was determined and fixed the problem with the professional level. Once again, thank you for quickly responding.

Dear Hung and Tram, Thank you for such fantastic feedback on our Emergency Home Assist. We are glad that we were able to assist you so quickly in your time of need and that our technician Mr Reid was able to fix the issue. Thank you once again and we look forward to being there for your when you need us next. Kind regards, Janice, Social Media Consultant

Great Service, Fast and Efficient

The Service Person arrived on time and attended to the problem without delay. He reset the hot water system computer and it started working properly. He instructed me on what to do if it happens again

Prompt, polite, capable.

After heavy rain, water leaked through ceiling plaster in lounge room. Called RACV. One and a bit hours later all fixed (temporary but satisfactory). Carey Plumbing were prompt, polite, professional & fuss-less. Thanks.

Great prompt service.

Tim came within half an hour and fixed my blocked toilet. It wasn't straightforward but he completed the job perfectly with considerable effort and strength. Thanks Tim, thanks RACV Emergency Home Assist. This is why I'm happy to pay an annual fee.

Very professional service

The electrician shows up within an hour and patiently explain to me where the problem is.
He has good knowledge of his profession and most importantly he's patient to explain to me what can be done to get the problem fixed. Very professional.

Hi Nick, Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and we are glad that we were there for you when you needed us. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, Randall – RACV Social Media Consultant.

Fantastic service

Fantastic service for anyone who is not especially 'handy' when things go unexpectedly wrong. As a senior it provides a degree of security that you will get help quickly, professionally and pleasantly. Thank you.

Hi Docles, Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and we are glad that we were there for you when you needed us. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, Eisa – RACV Social Media Consultant.

I do not know what company the plumber is from. As it requires more work at my cost, I would like to know how to contact them directly.
Have you received a quote from RACV Home assist, seeing it is a Sunday it may take a couple of days.When I had to have a hot water heater replaced I got a quote and dealt with the plumber who answered the call out.Hi Noel, please contact 1300 051 754 to discuss any existing quotes. Warm Regards, Nicole.

hi, my heating/cooling has stopped working, can you tell me what isn't covered on my policy and will emergency home assist cover the call and fix the problem ? thank you Rima
Hi Rima. The Home assist will come and see what the problem is and assist you. They will tell you what needs to be done, if they cannot fix it. Your first pointy of call should be home assist if you have paid for it. RACV may or May not cover it, depending on what the problem is. Hope this helps Rohan WHi Rima What type of Heating /Cooling do you have. They are generally two different systems unless you have reverse cycle. RHi Rima, We can confirm that this would be covered under Emergency Home Assistance as we cover a Broken or faulty Heating/Cooling system as the result of gas or electrical problems, faulty components, or inability to reignite pilot light (specialist referral may be required). For more information please visit www.racv.com.au/eha or call us on 13 46 63. Regards Justin - Social Media Team

As a racv member can you call emergency home assist and pay per call or do you need an annual subscription. How much is the subscription?
You need to have annual subscriptionTo be eligible for RACV Emergency Home Assist (EHA), you must take out a subscription for your home. The current annual subscription for EHA is $215.00. If you have more than one home - e.g. a holiday house - and you want it covered by EHA in addition to the first home, you must take out an additional subscription for it.