Elena B.

Elena B.

Don’t bother going with RAMS

We sent all documents to RAMS Ballarat to assess our borrowing capacity and got no reply whatsoever. With this attitude to clients, I can only imagine what would happen if we proceed with getting the actual loan.

Undies

UndiesSydney, NSW

Dropping behind on savings rates.

They used to be at the top of the pile with savings rates, but now dropping behind. In this environment of low rates punishing savers, people will jump ship to another bank for an extra 0.25%...why not...no loyalty anymore, and it only takes a few minutes to set up a new bank account. I had $400K with them only 12 months ago....now my account with them has 0.75 cents.

Fay D.

Fay D.Tasmania

BEWARE

They are middle men don't care about truth I wouldn't trust them at all no integrity. They don't do appropriate checks are connected to Westpac who was named in banking royal commission

Thank you Esther Chan for your professionalism, efficiencies and delivering on promise!

We got the run around from lenders and brokers that gave the hard sell but with nothing to snow for except empty promises. We were so very fortunate and blessed to be assigned to Esther - who finalised our loan so quickly and so thoroughly. Nothing was too much trouble and we’ve never had better service anywhere. Esther is also genuinely and highly committed to her job so we had the best representation. We’d definitely be recommending her to everyone we know! Thank you Esther!

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019
Loan used for:Renovation

Horrible Customer Service - Consumer be aware

I agree with you [name removed], RAMS Home Loan service is absolute disgrace. I first enquired about the break cost in March. By July, they doubled break cost amount and by the time I had settlement and sold my place, their break fee cost was triple of what RAMS quoted in March. I based my decision to sell based on the quote provided. Contacted the customer service and they couldn't even provide whole sales interest rate. I will never use RAMS again and I do not recommend anyone to use RAMS. I will take this matter to the ombudsman.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2016

Daphne

DaphneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank You Ron Mcbean From Rams Arundel, Gold Coast

We got turned away by 2 banks......at the point we almost gave up we saw a banner outside RAMS office that says "if bank says no, call RAMS", and so we did, and thank God for that!!! We met Ron McBean at the RAMS office and we immediately knew he is going to get us there. He was ruthless and will not stop until he found a bank that will give us the loan. We were able to text him, email him, call him and he was always available for us. He expedited our loan approval process so that we did not have to move in a temporary rental in between. A real human touch, Ron is an example why we need mortgage broker. Thank you Ron!

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Only one star because the people on the phone were pleasant.

Opening the savings account was easy. However the internet application and mobile app failed to show the right amount of money in the account. Multiple phone calls failed to resolve the situation.
Closing the account took about 30 mins and they were not able to do an electronic transfer of the money in the account - another failing. So now they are sending a cheque to me and have closed the account. Therefore my money is now inaccessible until the cheque arrives. This has been the worst experience with a savings account I have ever experienced.
DO NOT USE!

Rod

RodGippsland, VIC

Intrest rates

I have been with RAMS for a number of years. I have had to ask for a rate cut they did not offer it to me. Why cant they get it right

Statement

RAMS are the only one that takes 24 to 48 hours to send a home loan statement. I asked them why and was informed they need to order it, go figure, I cant. They need to be able to email immediately.

Loan used for:Second Home

Farid

Farid

So unorganised and confused organisation

I tried to open a saving account two weeks ago. They said my identity is not verified and they asked me to go to a branch with a form and identifications so I did it. After a week they called me again and asked for a picture of my driving licence (already provided at branch) and I emailed it again. Still not resolved!

Update: Resolved a week later

RAMS Home Loans, Southern Vales - Perfect Team for Home Loans !

The RAMS Southern Vales Team Members work efficiently and to the point.
All questions are communicated to the RAMS Credit Department and other departments and efficiently solved.
The end results are excellent !

Loan Start DateAugust 2019
Loan used for:Refinancing

Terri H.

Terri H.Sydney, NSW

absolute WORST company i have ever used for mortgages

poor customer service so i moved investment loans
retention strategies non existent
do not go out of their way to assist customers leaving, therefore would never go back
not sure if off shore but couldn't understand people on call centre
THEY made an error in direct debit which overdrew a closing account and then they had the gall to charge me fees

Loan Start DateMay 2017
Loan used for:Investment Property

Great until they withheld the rate cuts

I know their funded by westpac, withholding the rate cuts is a pathetic low dog act! , I loved Rams, they always looked after me and made everything easy but it's a no brainer when I'm offered 3.29 compared to Rams 5.10........this should be everyone's action, pass it on or move on! I'm sick of this crap where banks make billions upon billions yet everyone else battles on. Thankyou Rams but it was westpac whom sealed your fate.

Loan used for:Refinancing

Tanya C.

Tanya C.South East Queensland, QLD

I offer my full recommendation to Rams at Burleigh Waters. Lischelle Franzway and her team were AMAZING!!

*My customer service experience was the best, would not go anywhere else.
*i did not experience any extra costs or issues on this loan.
I am exceptionally happy with the rate of the loan rate I received.

Loan Start DateApril 2019
Loan used for:First Home

Excellent customer service and accounts

When I decided to get a home loan I went though the RAMS Southern Vales office and I truly could not fault them. Darren was my financial advisor and went above and beyond to explain things to me and talk me through the entire borrowing process. He is kind, caring and very professional in the way he deals with customers and I am so grateful for the end result of, after looking at many banks, finding one suitable for me. I ended up with a low interest and low deposit home loan, perfectly suited for my first property. I would definitely recommend RAMS for friends and family.

Thanks again!!

RAMS
Jane S.RAMS

Rebecca

Rebecca

Terrible! Avoid

After being a loyal customer with a large mortgage for multiple years when we wanted to refinance and consolidate debt they were filling us with empty promises saying things would be simple and even encouraged us to lie to get somewhere. After the lies and many months of back and forth they said they couldn’t help us and tried to keep us on a high interest rate. I jumped straight on Lendi.com and found some very helpful people to get us out.

evrydayisafreshstart

evrydayisafreshstartPerth, WA

Very high interest rate if you don't withdraw!

Small bit of research did not find me a savings account with a higher interest rate than this, both the bonus interest rate if you don't withdraw, and the standard interest rate. Great app. I have not had to use their customer service yet (a good thing I guess) so I can't comment on that.

whitbyoz

whitbyozSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good Account APPALLING service

Potentially a good high interest account BUT problems abounded.
The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Mixed and differing letters and emails.
Appears not to be user friendly with investors (savers) as opposed to mortgage holders.
No follow up on customer complaints

Would not recommend at all

Maj

MajSydney, NSW

Excellent service !!

I have such a good experience with Rams. I highly recommend Rams to anyone looking for a home loan. I would like to thanks 'Dorene Statham' (home loan manger at Rams st george area) who went above and beyond with my loan application procedure.
M khan

Loan Start DateApril 2019

Sam

Sam

Pathetic is not the word

Lynda

LyndaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

RAMS staff went the extra mile!

We recently applied for a loan through Rams home loans
Brisbane South East Bayside Branch
The principal Tash Thorndyke and her colleague Zoey Langdon really went the extra mile for us with an extra quick turn around on our loan application and a really good rate, Tash personally made sure we got the best possible deal.
We couldn't be happier. The communication with them is excellent,
We could not recommend them highly enough.