Very high interest rate if you don't withdraw!

Small bit of research did not find me a savings account with a higher interest rate than this, both the bonus interest rate if you don't withdraw, and the standard interest rate. Great app. I have not had to use their customer service yet (a good thing I guess) so I can't comment on that.

Good Account APPALLING service

Potentially a good high interest account BUT problems abounded.
The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Mixed and differing letters and emails.
Appears not to be user friendly with investors (savers) as opposed to mortgage holders.
No follow up on customer complaints

Would not recommend at all

Excellent service !!

I have such a good experience with Rams. I highly recommend Rams to anyone looking for a home loan. I would like to thanks 'Dorene Statham' (home loan manger at Rams st george area) who went above and beyond with my loan application procedure.
M khan

Loan Start DateApril 2019
Loan used for:First Home

Pathetic is not the word

My home matured after 3 years being in a fixed term. Contacted rams head office , advised to contact the Franchise office in my suburb. The franchise store advised we will automatically convert into a lower rate loan. Next month was charged even higher than I was paying. Was advised I need to sign a new home loan document . Well signed and sent it and the following Month got charged the same higher rate. contacted rams, They had lost the document.
Sent a new one express post took 5 days to reach us, signed and sent back and lost again .( we have proof)
So another month we got charged higher rates again, that now 4 months of being charged higher rate on a $800,000 loan it was every month paying about $765 as my interest rate was 4.59% but was supposed to go down to 3.82% as promised by rams Franchise office. After sending a huge email as phone calls were never effective , I got a resolutions team offer me a $2000.00 refund as they lost documents now 3 times in mail. Well I have been charged so far extra $3000.00 and i have to pay for their Mistake ..
Pretty sad situation and every word I have said is true.. Rams system doesnt allow westpac team to Access. rams is owned by Westpac so staff are westpac staff who are trying to resolve your problem.. Its like a doctor trying to operate on your leg but he only can see your face.. Based on your face he assumes your size and shape of your leg so that he perform an operation to fix your leg. Its a complete joke and we as customers of this company are never once contacted. I would only know they lost the document when my bank account was debited. who looses document 3 times . I havent heard this before or experienced it before.. Not one single phone was made to us .. Not once anyone contacted us to say we have once again lost your documents.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

RAMS staff went the extra mile!

We recently applied for a loan through Rams home loans
Brisbane South East Bayside Branch
The principal Tash Thorndyke and her colleague Zoey Langdon really went the extra mile for us with an extra quick turn around on our loan application and a really good rate, Tash personally made sure we got the best possible deal.
We couldn't be happier. The communication with them is excellent,
We could not recommend them highly enough.

Application Process

Dealt with Josh and Rebecca at RAMS Ballarat. Exceptional service. Nothing too much trouble, friendly and easy to deal with. Great product for my needs. Highly recommend without a doubt.

Loan used for:Second Home

Disgrace CONSUMERS BE AWARE

You failed to advise the probable & significant increase or WHOLESALE flatulence of a break fees based on a fixed P&I loan; after an initial inquiry end of January. I was advised a breakdown end provided in writing to which alarmingly increased by 40% following my second point of call 7 weeks after

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Absolute disgrace! Rams i trusted you over the years through an extensive relationship, however you have failed me might i add possible other clients that are yet to investigate or succumb to such result, due to your greed and misleading plead of so called truth. Ppfft You failed to advise the probable & significant increase or WHOLESALE flatulence of a break fees based on a fixed P&I loan; after an initial enquiry end of January. I was advised a breakdown end provided in writing to which alarmingly increased by 40% following my second point of call 7 weeks after.... What the actual crap? This unjustifiable, this increase is not incremental, it is not acceptable; as a fixed loan it is paid off during its term the interest should decrease NOT increase and may i add not increase to a stupid 40% . What a joke....!!! Trying to cover your customer service complaint manager called to defuse the situation attempting to explain such a ridiculous excuse and putting it back on me, saying "you agreed in the verbal disclosure that the break fee is subject to change based on wholesale interest rates" ummmm wth not 40%change in 7 weeks! As a loyal customer, you had the opportunity to disclose thoroughly an understanding of upcoming variable break fee changes /increases approaching in the months ahead. I always knew breakfees were indicative but never in my life knew it would jump almost double from one month to another. I appreciate slight variance of a few hundred dollars but not thousands!!!! In 7 WEEKS!!!! The decision to sell our owner occupied home that was fixed for 3 yrs with 1.5yrs to go, based on he initial phone call getting the rough break fee payout figure. If i knew it was going to rise by 40% in the next month or so we wouldn't of put on the market. Consumers be aware.!!!! I will be taking this to the media / the ombudsman & making others aware! I deserve an explanation / honor / solution!

Great Experience Highly Recommend Troy!

It has been just over around 8months of dealing with Troy from the Mount Barker branch and I can honestly say that even though being a lengthy process (not on their behalf) it has been a great experience and I don’t think I could have trusted anyone else in helping us to get our first home loan.
Troy was helpful in every way and never made us feel like we were not wanted. He had great communication with us and I felt like we were being taken care of the whole time. I would highly him recommend to anyone!
Thanks again Troy for all of your help :)

Online Tools

Old school

Would not recommend. Pulled all my savings out of here as I had a recurring debit coming out and inquired with them whom it was. Their response was "a debit you've authorized". After explaining I wasnt aware of it could they tell me the account name they said no. I asked them to block it and it was so difficult i just pulled all my money out. He just closed it for me no worries without trying to save me as a customer.

Awful communication and lack of clarity

I can’t think of a more enfuriating process in my life than applying for a RAMS home loan. I started my application in late Jan this year with a very pleasant visit to a branch, however as I write this in early March I am yet to receive communication that my loan has been processed past pre-approval. I have bent over backwards to provide documentation, alternate documentation, even verbal confirmations of previously submitted written documents and our reward has been to be constantly told to “just get an extension on payment of your deposit, these things take time”. This has resulted in nearly losing our grip on our first home. Eventually I went to another bank who unconditionally approved my home loan application in under 7 days through 2 phone calls. Compare this to the 5 weeks and probably 150 emails I have exchanged with RAMS for absolutely no result! I am not one bit clearer to knowing whether my application has progressed or will be successful than when I walked in 6 weeks ago.

I will go out of my way to warn people off using RAMS and my family, solicitor, estate agent and vendor would definitely agree. What started as a dream quickly turned into a nightmare.

Hopeless

Six weeks after applying, numerous calls enquiring what was happening, requests for documents already supplied, delays, excuses, justifications for delays... The icing on the cake...Rams don’t lend for any property In the area we wanted - six weeks they wasted our time and money. We will never deal with Rams, Leon or Charles at Rams Toowoomba again.

Oh, and a complaint about Rams Toowoomba has been lodged with the Banking Ombudsman. Don’t just complain on a review page, take it further. That’s what makes a difference to these companies practices.An update...in exasperation we went to another lender. I won’t mention the name as I don’t want this to appear like an ad, but it is one of the big 4. Here’s a comparison: Rams approval time: 6 weeks, other lender 4 days. Rams interest rate: couldn’t be pinned down but “around 4.2%, could be more but we’ll see how things go”, other lender 3.8%. Rams mortgage insurance fee $6,000, other lender nil. Rams required so many documents with requests for more throughout the 6 weeks, other lender an over the phone application and bank statements. We had to follow Rams up with absolutely everything, other lender contacted us daily with updates. Rams would give a maximum 15 year loan, other lender what we asked for - 30 years. The experience with Rams was, quite frankly, humiliating, other lender a pleasure. Don’t fall for the old “brokers provide competition” con. From our experience, go to the bank direct and save yourself money, time, mental health, and your self-respect.

Terrible

Rams now asking for credit enquiries from over 15 years ago. Lead along for over 4 weeks now. I have given Rams so much information. This is crazy. I was told so many times this is all we need. But they just make thing up as they go along.

Cant get online with safari after upgrade

When will this broker issue be fixed as I don't like having to re start my computer and use another server. I joined rams as it was easy now it is not. feb 2019

In the past 3 months I have had duplicate transactions and missing transaction

At the end of 2018 after they 'upgraded' their web site I had lots and lots of duplicate transactions I identified which I brought to their attention and then they were then fixed. In early 2019 I noticed a missing transaction (my salary - who doesn't miss that!). The balance appears to have been correct the whole time but not the transactions. For example in December I would see two credits of $5 for the same thing but my bank balance went up correctly by $5 for one of them and didn't increase for the other one. When transactions were missing in early 2019 I could see the balance changing by more than the transaction. When they reset my account I could see that in fact three transactions were missing over the past week. I am told it's a known issue they are working on but can't advise when it will be fixed. I have never not been able to rely on a statement for a bank account. The first time I called the guy suggested leaving a message at the end to record the issue to maximise Rams being aware of the issue. I tried to do that and got a message that the mailbox was full. The people you speak do try and be helpful but the technology needs fixing ASAP. You don't know if people have paid you, it's impossible to budget properly etc.

Amazing Experience on Buying Our First Home

I found RAMS online 2 years ago and from the day I called them until we moved in to our new home, Jim from RAMS was the best support and knowledge that made the whole experience less scarier. We were never left to feel as we didn't matter. Even the smallest details were taken care for us. Jim spoke to us with the truth and helped as get approved for our loan fast and within our budget. Highly recommend !

Poor customer service

i apply for Refinance for RAMS and it was all good at the first process to get you in and sounds promising then after all the application is done it took four weeks to get the results. In between there was some follow up but just all promising but at the end it did not go through. It was basically a waste of time...

Loan used for:Refinancing

Darren at southern vales was recommend to us and was very helpful in organising my wife and I in what information to be provided for our home loan and refinancing. Thank you have recommended you to others. Chris and Sonya

Fantastic service and down to earth

Matt was so much help. My first home and first discussions around finance for it, he helped me collate information and armed me with questions to ask and things I should be aware of (even when I said I would be shopping around at other place)... at no point did I feel like I was dealing with a salesman.

Loan Start DateDecember 2017
Loan used for:First Home
Hi Jack M, Congratulations on settling your new RAMS Home Loan and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We appreciate this as it assists in our continuous efforts to improve the service we provide to all of our valued customers. In order to pass this onto the relevant people involved, we would appreciate if you could provide us with Matt’s last name as well as the branch that you attended. Thank you again, Raymond

An informative and welcoming environment

My partner and I are beginning the process of building our first home. We met with Joe Delis in Adelaide and he was very thorough, gave us insightful information and we felt really comfortable with him; he walked us through the process and was also lovely to talk to aswell.

Loan TypeSplit

Worst ever home loan.

Very very disappointing. Promised call back after call back never happened. My home loan was is debit I kid not $2.48c and I received a demand notice that was referring to further notices that were never received! I even phoned the contact centre who basically told me to pay it immediately or risk losing my house! The kicker is that on I’m a direct debit that they take out at the end of the month. There was a computer clutch one moth that resulted in them taking less. I spoke to so many people re this but still it took them 3 months to correct. I have other issues with them as well we we asked for a parental leave application but was told we cannot have this and need to do financial hardship (even though we weren’t t behind) then when we called the person was so rude condescending and arrogant think his name was Andrew and still have not sorted out anything. we are changing ASAP.