• Coverage Type
    • Home & Contents (1)
  • Loan TypeVariable Rate (15) · Fixed Rate (7) · Split (2)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • First Home (11)
    • Refinancing (4)
    • Second Home (3)
    • Home Construction (2)
    • Renovation (1)
    • Investment Property (1)
  • Loan Term26.769 years (13)
  • Online Tools

Cancelling home and contents insurance

Home and contents insurance was good to begin with, but when the insurance was up for renewal I got a better deal elsewhere, so I rang Rams to cancel which they said they cancelled. 3 Months later still taking money out monthly despite insurance being cancelled.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Loan Start DateOctober 2019
Loan used for:Home Construction

marius laynes

marius laynesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hidden costs and average service

You will pay a yearly fee for the remainder of the loan and that on top of the interest charged by westpack, better deals out there dont be fooled by the sheep

Loan TypeSplit
Emily

Emily

Worst service and hidden costs!

Rams have hidden solicitor costs when you try to refinance from them, because they have high interest rates of course. The solicitor costs are $1000-$2000 BUT they don't tell you how much when you sign up. In the contract/fees and charges schedule, it just says exit fee 295 and any legal fees. Kim Dao is one of the loan managers and avoid her! She is a manipulative and dishonest sales person!

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Inzy C.

Inzy C.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible service at Parramatta

Went in around December last year (December 2018) and the James took so long just to submit my application to head office claiming he was busy. They are a franchise and can not see what is happening at head office.

The settlement was around Feb and was hoping this would happen before Christmas closure but he had sat with my file for around 3 weeks. Cancelled my application and went with different lender. The other lender was so much better and efficient.

A McDonald

A McDonaldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent customer service

I applied for a home loan with RAMS and met with Darren from Southern Vales office. As I was doing a construction loan there were some delays and challenges throughout the process (nothing to do with RAMS, and everything to do with the builders etc) and Darren was patient and professional throughout the whole process.

Darren provided me with all the information I could possibly need, and made the loan side of things stress free. Would definitely recommend RAMS at Southern Vales to anyone needing a home loan.

Loan used for:Home Construction

Joseph

Joseph

Cant access my money

Rams savings ATM limit is at 1000 bucks a day not negotiable can not change that and can't withdraw on any Westpac or st George so pretty much useless saving account if you wanna access your money.

Yolande

YolandeDarling Downs, QLD

Horrendous

Loan Start DateAugust 2019
Loan used for:Second Home

Mish

MishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can get the loan but systems and customer service are terrible. Avoid!

Gary P

Gary PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rams Southern Vales....Excellent!

In establishing my home loan Darren at Southern Vales service was fantastic. He understood exactly what I required was efficient, prompt and thoroughly knew his product. All I had to do was provide relevant documentation when requested, he took care of the rest. I have and will continue to recommend Darren to anyone I know looking for a home loan. Cheers Darren

Loan Start DateOctober 2019
Loan used for:Refinancing

Elena B.

Elena B.

Don’t bother going with RAMS

We sent all documents to RAMS Ballarat to assess our borrowing capacity and got no reply whatsoever. With this attitude to clients, I can only imagine what would happen if we proceed with getting the actual loan.

Undies

UndiesSydney, NSW

Dropping behind on savings rates.

They used to be at the top of the pile with savings rates, but now dropping behind. In this environment of low rates punishing savers, people will jump ship to another bank for an extra 0.25%...why not...no loyalty anymore, and it only takes a few minutes to set up a new bank account. I had $400K with them only 12 months ago....now my account with them has 0.75 cents.

Fay D.

Fay D.Tasmania

BEWARE

They are middle men don't care about truth I wouldn't trust them at all no integrity. They don't do appropriate checks are connected to Westpac who was named in banking royal commission

Thank you Esther Chan for your professionalism, efficiencies and delivering on promise!

We got the run around from lenders and brokers that gave the hard sell but with nothing to snow for except empty promises. We were so very fortunate and blessed to be assigned to Esther - who finalised our loan so quickly and so thoroughly. Nothing was too much trouble and we’ve never had better service anywhere. Esther is also genuinely and highly committed to her job so we had the best representation. We’d definitely be recommending her to everyone we know! Thank you Esther!

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019
Loan used for:Renovation

Horrible Customer Service - Consumer be aware

I agree with you [name removed], RAMS Home Loan service is absolute disgrace. I first enquired about the break cost in March. By July, they doubled break cost amount and by the time I had settlement and sold my place, their break fee cost was triple of what RAMS quoted in March. I based my decision to sell based on the quote provided. Contacted the customer service and they couldn't even provide whole sales interest rate. I will never use RAMS again and I do not recommend anyone to use RAMS. I will take this matter to the ombudsman.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan Start DateFebruary 2016
Daphne

DaphneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank You Ron Mcbean From Rams Arundel, Gold Coast

We got turned away by 2 banks......at the point we almost gave up we saw a banner outside RAMS office that says "if bank says no, call RAMS", and so we did, and thank God for that!!! We met Ron McBean at the RAMS office and we immediately knew he is going to get us there. He was ruthless and will not stop until he found a bank that will give us the loan. We were able to text him, email him, call him and he was always available for us. He expedited our loan approval process so that we did not have to move in a temporary rental in between. A real human touch, Ron is an example why we need mortgage broker. Thank you Ron!

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Only one star because the people on the phone were pleasant.

Opening the savings account was easy. However the internet application and mobile app failed to show the right amount of money in the account. Multiple phone calls failed to resolve the situation.
Closing the account took about 30 mins and they were not able to do an electronic transfer of the money in the account - another failing. So now they are sending a cheque to me and have closed the account. Therefore my money is now inaccessible until the cheque arrives. This has been the worst experience with a savings account I have ever experienced.
DO NOT USE!

Rod

RodGippsland, VIC

Intrest rates

I have been with RAMS for a number of years. I have had to ask for a rate cut they did not offer it to me. Why cant they get it right

Statement

RAMS are the only one that takes 24 to 48 hours to send a home loan statement. I asked them why and was informed they need to order it, go figure, I cant. They need to be able to email immediately.

Loan used for:Second Home

Farid

Farid

So unorganised and confused organisation

I tried to open a saving account two weeks ago. They said my identity is not verified and they asked me to go to a branch with a form and identifications so I did it. After a week they called me again and asked for a picture of my driving licence (already provided at branch) and I emailed it again. Still not resolved!

Update: Resolved a week later

RAMS Home Loans, Southern Vales - Perfect Team for Home Loans !

The RAMS Southern Vales Team Members work efficiently and to the point.
All questions are communicated to the RAMS Credit Department and other departments and efficiently solved.
The end results are excellent !

Loan Start DateAugust 2019