9Renault Kangoo

Elzear
ElzearPerth, WA3 posts
  X76.II

It is my home

I bought this car in Dec 2020, with 73,000km. All it needed was replacing disk brakes and a couole of sensors. After fitting it as a camping van, I have now reached 102,300km Feb 2022). I drove the Birdsville Track without a glitch but a puncture. Drove up to Cape York, no problem. Driving at 70km/h to save on petrol the engine hums nicely. Changed the drive belt at 102300km. Only issue is finding parts to replace worn ones. For me, it's a great car home.
As for services, I use Renault agents (or Nissan, same mob). Some centres are indeed the scum of services, rude and unhelpful. But a couple have negated those bad feelings with top personalised service given what I was using my car for. Kind of empathy. Show details
Phillip C.
Phillip C.10 posts
  X61.I

Manual gearbox 1.6 5 speed express model with decent seats

Good on petrol and easy to drive. Good ride quality and great seats. So far very reliable. Well equipped with decent a/c with climate control, great cubbyholes and very good design rear door. 1.6 motor is adequate power although I wouldn't mind a bit more especially when using the air conditioning and a bit of a load. Motor tho is flexible and doesn't mind From low revs.. plus it's a van so it doesn't get driven like a sports car. Good finish overall and so far easy to service. Had cheap tyres when I bought it and decent Continentals transformed the noise level and the ride and handling. Is a good drive now.. Show details
Javi S.
Javi S.
  X76.I

Terrible for daily use

This is one of the least comfortable cars i´ve been. Unfortunately I used for work (i work as a delivery driver) and my back has started hurting because the clotch pedal is not hidraulic and is very stiff. The chushion seats feel very cheap, your back will notice. They also don´t have almost any type of grip so be careful when doing roundabouts! Lol.

Overall a notable bad experience with renault. Show details

Troyp
TroypGosford22 posts
  X61.II

Daily work van with minor issues

This is a commercial car just out of warrenty used for getting deliveries from a to b
The car is used daily and other then some poor quality issues is doing ok.
The car is serviced as per log book or just prior to keep it in top shape.
I had a fuel issue that was repaired under warrenty

I see the underbody cover has started deteriating only done 60k Show details

renolikebournemouth
Mal
MalGoulburn11 posts

Renault Kangoo - an impressive small van

The Renault Kangoo - a joyfully French take on a small commercial vehicle.

The Kangoo is a likeable, economical and car-like van with character.

There is a range of options and accessories available to tailor the design as you wish.

At home in urban areas, the Kangoo is also excellent on highway trips.

Peter L
Peter LDoreen VIC 37542 posts
  Verified X61.II

Excellent choice of work vehicle

My perfect work van,120K trouble free. Comfortable/Quite ride for long rural to short city driving. Great access to your cargo or tools of trade. Useful clearance for underground car parking even with roof racks fitted. Aftermarket rear air suspension easily fitted at low cost. Running expenses low stick to original Continental tyres as good for 50k +. Will definitely trade in for same again.

P.S. Speed limiter ideally suited for inner city 40K zones

NickSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts
Shauns Junkandfun
Shauns JunkandfunAU2 posts

Maxi Crew is excellent

This is the perfect mini van for my business needs as sometimes I carry things and other times people. The manual is better as you have more control. I love this car. It has all the modern comforts but not the hassle of a big van. I can park in shopping centres.......van owners you know what I mean.

Anthony
AnthonySydneyAustralia4 posts

Stephen A.
Stephen A. · Kangoo

How do you remove the upper dash (storage spot) as I am wanting to fit a new head unit that comes with a facia that sits in the spot.

I have a 2019 Renault Kangoo Maxi Auto

Josemanuel D.
Josemanuel D. · Kangoo X61.II

Hi. I have a kangoo 1.6 16v. Year 2014 x61
Can anyone one tell me where the fuel filter is located? Many thanks

DenisR
DenisR · Kangoo X61.II

I am interested in buying a 2016 Maxi Kangoo with the 1.5 diesel engine with 129, 000 kms. The seller tells me that his mechanic says that it has a timing chain and not a belt so has not been changed. I can find no reference to this engine having a timing chain on the net. in fact I have found very little info about this engine overall. The chains I found for Kangoo are so far, all for petrol engines. Engine no is K9KJ816D670840. Can anyone help me with any info about this motor and the type of timing drive? Many thanks, Denis

Compare all Renault Kangoo listings