21Renault Mégane

Renault Mégane Questions & Answers

Bob
Bob · Mégane

Has anyone encountered clutch problems/failure in a 2004 2-litre petrol-engined 6-speed manual Megane Expression. Lkewise gearbox issues. If so, at what kilometres?

alberto r.
alberto r. · Mégane

Why does my radiator fan on Renault Megane GT make a noise after driving a few kilometers and when I switch engine off fan stays on for few minutes.Fan was replaced but noise still there.

Shane Maloney
Shane Maloney · Mégane

How do I increase the volume of the speed camera alert on my 2014 Renault Megane Gt-Line Premium Hatchback? The sound is feeble and is easily missed if talking or listening to the radio. Also, is speed limit alert available somewhere on this vehicle?

Shane Maloney
Shane Maloney · Mégane

Sello  R.
Sello R. · BFB (Hatchback) GT-Line (2016-2018)

I bought a new Renault Megane GT-line 2017; and just over two years of driving it; and due for 60 000 km service; is showing traces of oil on the engine; and the coolant is boiling; though the temp gage remain normal. My question: is this GT-Line having the same engine problem as the previous 2010 model.
At least on the previous Megane GT-line the oil leak and coolant problem started at 100 000km and the car was also bought brand new. I like the Renault Megane Hatcbach range; but this engine problem is now making me doubt the brand. The car is still under warranty and the oil leak problem can be fixed ; but I hate the idea of having an engine opened at such an early age of the car. In most cases once the engine is opened ; the car will never be the same again; it will be followed by problem after the other; which is the reason I had to trade in my previous Megane GT-LINE.
Is Renault failing to deliver when comes to engines. Are they investing more towards engine development and technology? Is Renault giving their engines enough hours on their test bench before a bench test certification is issued ? If that is the case why same problem on this GT-LINE generation. I know this model range has been discontinued; and believe better job can be done on the new generation of Megane engine wise; including engine power top-up. But first work on your engine durability.

Chunpeng Zhai
Chunpeng Zhai

I have the same problem but way early at 24000km, my engine oil is leaking, engine failure, auto start and stop failure, gear is not engaging on gradient, coolant is reducing and high consumption of fuel. Every time I took my car to Renault Windsor car dealer, they claimed there was nothing wrong, so I went to a different car dealer to check all the issues, Megan I have complained it the Ombusman QLD.

tony b
tony b · Mégane

How do I change the clock setting on my Renault Megane a 2012 model? no buttons near clock, button 21 moves an arrow across the top of radio station indicator

Seamus
Seamus

get a young person to do it, they will figure it out very quickly. Its another annoying thing about the car. to involved for me, I get my daughter to do it twice a year, keeps her amused. Sorry

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Select a listing for your question
Renault Mégane