RentalCover.com

RentalCover.com

3.7

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (20), 1-2 weeks (7), 2-4 weeks (4), 3+ months (3) and 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (35) · No (5)

No support

I never had response for my enquiries. I did not have to claim any accident, but simple admin queries after the purchase have never been answered (never got an email reply and they dont have any chat or phone number in the website). I imagine i would have a huge headache if i need to undertake any claiming. About half of price offered by the rental companies, but no guarantees i would have the service provided if needed.

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Easy comms and instant claim processing

First time taking out a policy with these guys. Was very cheap. Ended up blowing a tyre on a hire car and the whole claim was processed and in my bank account with 48 hours. Was genuinely shocked at the speed and level of service offered.

Claim DateOctober 2020
Daniel Walker

Daniel Walker

Dreadful communication. Had to appeal to Australian Financial Complaints Authority to make them pay claim

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateAugust 2019

Fast easy claim process

Fast response to my first ever claim and was paid in full within a week. All contact was very friendly and I was thankful it was an easy process. I would definitely recommend.

Claim DateAugust 2020

StephenRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good value for money

Antonina

AntoninaPerth, WA

Highly recommended.

We went through three claims with the rental covers.
Great value for money.
Decent cost effective policy.
The claim process was flawless, quick and smooth.
Very helpful.
Would definitely use them again.

Claim DateJune 2020
Tassie Devil

Tassie DevilSouth East Queensland, QLD

No fuss claims processing and good value

Why would anyone use the insurance offered by the rental car companies? RentalCover is good value and my recent Claim was paid in 24 hours. Have used them three times.

Claim DateJuly 2020
heidi

heidiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Slight scrape

Had a car park scrap we noticed on returning to our car .
Rentals . Com were so fast to process our claim and very helpful we will use again
Thankyou great service

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess and Other
steman

steman

Must have insurance.

Simple, cheap insurance that protects you, from what could only be described as overpriced repair costs, for extremely minor damage to rental vehicles.
Claim process could use some minor tweaking, but process only took a couple of days once I had all the paperwork. Have added it on a couple of rentals, but this was the first time I have made a claim.

Insurance Cover ForSenior
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020

MilanWestern Australia

Good value for money and excellent after sales service.

My claim was processed with ease and flawless even through the COVID19 shut down. They kept in contact throughout the claim whilst waiting for the car rental company to provide documents. This was the 1st time I bought this policy but will definitely purchase future insurance from rental.com.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

KerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Really happy with Rentalcover.com

I thought the policy was decent value for money was a much more inclusive policy with a higher monetary coverage then rental car agencies. No hidden clauses and very fast professional processing and payout on my claim.

DestinationAfrica
Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Warning : cancellation fees !!!!

They charge cancellation fees whereas it is stated in the sell agreement that they don't. They say that they do that because of the covid19 but it is just a theft. They have lost a client and they will loose their reputation. What a shame.

Update : after several email exchanges I have been refunded

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Brian Tayler

Brian TaylerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Honest company and highly recommended

I had a minor accident with a rental car. The rental company felt so dishonest, charging every fee imaginable and the repair costs were not realistic. If I had paid 50% more than Rental Cover to insure with them, they would have found some way to avoid covering me in full. Rental Cover paid everything, quickly and in total.

Insurance Cover ForSenior
Nate

NateVictoria

Deceptive cancellation policy

I purchased a policy prior to the current COVID-19 situation. When the COVID-19 situation developed I decided to cancel my travel plans and the policy. Upon cancelling way before the car pickup date they wanted to charge me a $10 (AUD) fee for a $25 policy.

I was very surprised because a cancellation fee is not even mentioned in their own Terms and Conditions. They also make "Cancel at anytime" a big selling point on their homepage. I see this as incredibly deceptive and anti-consumer. I have already submitted a report to the ACCC.

DestinationEurope

Insurance cover is useless

I bought the insurance cover($110) when I booked a car from Rental cover. I came to know the insurance of supplier($43) was far cheaper than what rental cover has charged me. If I buy insurance from a supplier, I do not have to pay the excess($4200).

However, after having an accident, I had to pay the excess as I did not buy insurance from a supplier and it was 4200 NZD. When I submitted a claim, it's been more than 2 weeks and the rental cover is saying they need to get the refund from the supplier, only then they can give me my money back.

I am literally begging for my own money from them.

Claim ApprovedNo

Leon68

Leon68Perth, WA

Trying to cancel

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Outstanding customer service

The claim was relatively easy to lodge, the communication in response was prompt and best of all the claim was paid in three days.
I would definitely use this service again

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Sonia

SoniaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Handling of Claim

I would never have expected to have to make a claim, but when someone smashed into my hire car the service from RentalCover was really fantastic. Online process was straightforward. They followed up to make sure I submitted all documentation. The claim was paid in full within two days after I had. They delivered what they promised, and more in terms of service. I honestly couldn't ask for better in such a stressful situation.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Van X Huynh

Van X HuynhSydney, NSW

No support

No support. There is no phone contact number. When I send an email to RentalCover, I received a reply almost immediately but it looks like that I was talking with a machine instead of a human being. The money was taken out from my credit card almost immediately when I buy a policy but when I cancelled my policy and want my money back I have no one to talk to.

Very bad!

Insurance was not valid at the car rental in Malta. No Support what so ever from Rentalcover.com. i did not get my money back. Would not recommend this to anyone.

DestinationEurope