RentalCover.com

RentalCover.com

Excellent service

Rental Car insurance was great value for money and very easy to apply for when booking a car through Rentalcars.com.
Had to claim for tyre damage through them and the claim was easy online and they paid all the expenses promptly, within five days, without further queries. I have used them before and they cover everything and are really cheap compared to the rental car company's own insurance which is a rip off and doesn't cover tyre damage! Have used this insurance a few times when in Europe and they have always been great. Would fully recommend this insurance.

DestinationEurope
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019

RentalCover proves its worth

Recommend RentalCover. There was a scratch on the car. The matter was resolved and refund paid. The resolution was related to the time the Car Hire Company took to get a repair and send the Invoice. The documentation required was calmly followed up. Will use RentalCover in future hires and would recommend RentalCar and RentalCover.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2019

My claim was super easy, super fast, fully reimbursed within 3 days

I booked accommodation and rental car through Booking.com
I wasn't aware of the car insurance company was based in USA at the time of booking (I probally didn't check it thoroughly), and had no incident/problems at all while driving in Canberra, however the car was spotted a minor damage on one of wheels on return inspection! First time in my lifetime I experienced this kind of insurance claim. I had to wait for almost 3 weeks of repair and payment process. I had all documents ready following 'How to Claim' instructions which was super easy from RentalCover.com (their website address). As soon as I lodged the claim, I received instant email that said my claim process begun promising that it would be done within 3 days. To my surprise, I had money into my bank within 3 days! Exact money I paid for the repair in Aust dollars, I have been fully reimbursed in Aust dollars. No other fees paid. Really satisfied with RentalCover.com

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2019

No Problems At All!

I have had an excellent experience with this company. They paid the full amount after our accident with a Wallaby, and the whole process only took 5 days for the money to be placed in our account.

It was easy enough to do once I had all the paper work required.

I have used them numerous times before but had never mad a claimed up until now, so I was a bit uncertain as to how it would all go, but was pleasantly surprised.

Thank You Rentalcover.com

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019

Partners in crime

This company is partners in crime with Rentalcars.com

They add their products after checkouts have been processed and charge excessive fees. I have also had direct contact with customers who could not get them to pay when needed due to an accident. Flat out scam.

Claim MadeNo

Worst experience I had with any insurance

Firstly, it should say 3-5 weeks not 3-5 days like it says. Then, be prepared to do a lot of work by yourself, they wouldn't do anything. Lastly, I'm not sure if you end up saving money since you'll have to pay international fees over the excess so it's almost the same as hiring it someplace else. I'll never use RentalCover again, it's terrible.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

I got my claim approved and received the reimbursement

Finally I got my claim approved, although it was not so efficient as in their advertisement (which says 3 days for the claim process and 5 mins for the money transfer). The personal who was in contact with me during the process was very polite and friendly, although it was sometimes slow. But when I got my money back, it solved all my worries. I will definitely use this service again, and I recommend others to try it, too.

DestinationEurope
Insurance TypeSingle Trip

Fine until you want to claim - then terrible

Ive used this company a number of times and finally had to make a claim. It took a month to get the necessary documents from the repair people and submit the FIVE pieces of documentation required. Rentalcover ignored me at first, then asked for the documents to be resubmitted. Twice. The rental damage was in November.2018. Its now mid January and I just got another email asking for the documents again. Have I just been unlucky or are the five-star reviews here all written by Rentalcover employees? Rentalcover are an absolute waste of money and time

RentalCover Claim Process

Following the accident report and claim process procedure according to the webpage notices and e-mails it was a constructive process and was able to recover the rental excess with regard to my accident and subsequent claim. It all was a normal procedure to settle the claim of my accident based on the Rentalcars Rental Contract. It was a smooth communications process.

Silly product - Just go through the rental agency

Do not use this group for your rental car excess cover. You need to pay the costs to the rental car company first and then attempt to recover from Rental Cover. Such a pain and the process can be slowed by the documents you need to gather from both your bank and the rental car company. You are MUCH better off just insuring through the rental car company. If you do, you have zero headaches and you don't need to chase anything.
I will never use this company again. I only did as it was handy to pay for when booking the vehicle through RentalCars.com/au/. But, don't be fooled. If you need to claim, expect to be out of pocket for a while and to have to run around and deal with poor/slow service.

Insurance claim madeYes

rentalcover.com purchase of insurance for rented car

Hi! i've recently made a road trip to the east cost with a bunch of friends and rented a campervan as part of the experience. The trip was awesome, but we had some trouble in Noosa where we were bumped by a local car. At the end of the trip the campervan's company charged us for it of course, but we made the claim to rental cover instantaneously and in a couple of days we've got our money back. recommend it a 100%

Insurance claim madeYes

Insurance that actually works!

I've not had a more pleasant experience from an insurance company than with RentalCover.Com. Easy to establish our cover and the subsequent claim we made was approved and paid to us with little delay.
Good people who care about their customers. Would not hesitate to recommend and use their services again.

Insurance claim madeYes

they did what was expected, no complaints.

I think that this policy would be ideal for countries that don't have reliable insurance payouts. The rates were inexpensive the cover broad and the administrators were straightforward to deal with.

Insurance claim madeYes

Does the company still exist?

No reply to my claim.
I could not contact them on either of their phone numbers - neither the "contact us" one on the claim form, not their Sydney number on their website.

Insurance claim madeYes

I provided all the documents for a claim on Sunday it was approved Tuesday morning. You can’t best t

the policy was very easy to set up by accepting the quote and booking on line through the link. We had a simple but unfortunate mishap which required a claim. It was approved super quickly once I provided the documents to back up the claim. And they used the FOREX on which I paid the amount which was to my advantage at time of settling the claim. I don’t you could beat that. I will always use and recommend Rentalcars and Rentalcover.

Insurance claim madeYes

Good product and service at a good price.

Made an insurance claim without any issues.
The service was also good both via the phone and email.
The price is better than going direct with the car hire company.

Perfect!

Great company! I would really recommend! Unfortunately we had an accident with our rental car but they helped us really well and the claim was no problem, great! Would use them again!

No problems with claim

Affordable, reliable coverage. Fast response after I received the paperwork from the car rental company. Patience was required for that part- but it was worth the wait, because the cost of cover was so much cheaper than the cover offered at the car rental desk. I hate being ripped off, so it was a relief to know I can trust the lower cost alternative and claim when something goes wrong.

Excellent Car Rental Cover

My policy was a good value. The most excellent things was that it is really worth while I suffer a car accident and I made a claim, the approval was fast and efficient.

Fabulous Insurance Cover

I have used RentalCover a few time but have never had to make an insurance claim ...... until now.
I made a claim and it was approved within 3 hours and I received the money within 3 days.
Could not be happier with the service provided.