RentalCover.com

See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Stay away from these people -

Rented a car with cover. Two months after rental got charged AU6000-00 by Hertz. Rental cover has no one to speak to. Only a chat bot. We have no psperwork from Hertz.
Terribel

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo

Worst company I have ever used scam

This company is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with. They charged me 2 lots of cover and are impossible to get in touch with. This company has made the car 3 times the price of what it would have cost just to go to the car rental yourself and got a top of the line car. Still 3 days on and no response. The car rental app blame them they blame they car rental and no one takes responsibility and the customer ends up out of pocket every time. Please do not use this company you will regret it.

Claim MadeNo

This is an internet scam - do not use this

The policy was much lower than the normal hire car companies.
But when we had an accident and tried to claim, all I got was a standard letter with a request for some documentation. I sent this documentation several times. Each time I sent it, with the relevant documents, I received the same standard letter asking for the same documents.
It's been going round in circles for weeks now.
This company clearly does not pay out on claims which is probably why they can offer such low insurance.
The claim is still unsettled after 4 weeks of correspondence.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim ApprovedNo

Absolutely superb..

Saved me a small fortune and had to make a claim. Easy, easy, easy and paid super quick. Payment made directly into my bank account the same day..!! Will deffo use again.

is this a scam

no value here at all, in fact i think it was a scam. insurance deducted on booking....... but no car delivery at all. birmingham uk for delivery in australia? scam?

Easiest peace of mind

Clear options and choices of cover. Higher cover than other companies and cover for items not usually offered such as glass, tyres and wheels. We did need to make a claim which was easy. You need to supply specific documents and as much info as possible. Our claim was settled within 5 days of sending documents.

Claim DateJuly 2019

First Claim - Excellent Results

We have used rentalcars.com and always take out the rentalcover.com, over the past 5 years, travelling overseas twice a year and this was our first claim. The rental cover is excellent, is very reasonable and very easy to set up.
Our claim was for damage done while on holiday in Hungary. The car was parked, the offender did not leave a note and we had no witnesses.
We went through the claim process on-line, were contacted by email within 24 hours, and were kept informed about the claim over the next 4 days, then told it had been accepted and it was in our Bank account 3 days after the acceptance. We were very impressed with the whole system, excellent communications.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimOther

Terrible Service

Terrible Service. I rent a car in Brazil and had a claim with the rental company after I ran over an animal on the road. I did the police report in Brazil and got all the receipts for the damages from the rental agency. But since I was flying back to the US, I did not get all the crazy documents they require for this claim. It has been over a month and I still did not get any response from the insurance company. I turned in all the documents possible: police report, receipts from the rental company and photos, but they ask for a demand for payment and itemized list of repairs. When I turned in the vehicle I was getting to my plane to get home and did not had the time to get anything like that. They just told me how much it was and I paid. I had a police report and that was it. I do not recommend buying insurance from this company, specially if you are going out of country. If I had used the local insurance It would be all taking care at the time of turn the car in. No one never contacted me in reference to this case. They only sent me one email and that was it.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationSouth America
Claim ApprovedNo

It’s a scam

Paid $200 for additional cover. On arrival in Ireland was informed by Europcar that this is not and never has been recognised by them, despite Europcar being listed on the website. They assured me they would have it reimbursed, but of course didn’t! Rental cover are now refusing to reimburse me as it is past the policy date. Currently have lodged a dispute with my bank as they now refuse to answer my emails. This is an absolute scam!!!

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Teenager
Claim DateJuly 2019

First ever claim, smooth sailing

Took out a policy for a three week rental on a car in Germany, very easy set-up.

Someone decided that it would be fun to scratch a fish into the boot of the rental (enjoy the karmic universe, friend) against which we had to claim. The process was quite easy, upload the rental agreement, damage receipt and proof of deduction from bank. All in all the refund took a little over a week, but I was busy with work, so delays were my own fault. Just to reiterate: we got a vandalism claim paid out in full and without any excess in a little over a week - our travel insurance doesn't even cover damage by vandalism.

This is our third policy with rentalcover.com and I can honestly say I won't rent another car without it.

Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Very fast and efficient service. Setting up the policy was very simple.
Unfortunately, at the end of the car rental I had to make a claim against the policy (windscreen damage). I logged on to the rentalcover.com website, completed the claim form and uploaded the paperwork from the car rental company. I very quickly received a reply from a rentalcover.com representative asking me to rescan a couple of documents. Once these had been resent the claim was processed and approved within 24 hours. I'm very happy with the service and speed of rentalcover.com. Definitely would recommend them.

Excellent service

Rental Car insurance was great value for money and very easy to apply for when booking a car through Rentalcars.com.
Had to claim for tyre damage through them and the claim was easy online and they paid all the expenses promptly, within five days, without further queries. I have used them before and they cover everything and are really cheap compared to the rental car company's own insurance which is a rip off and doesn't cover tyre damage! Have used this insurance a few times when in Europe and they have always been great. Would fully recommend this insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019

RentalCover proves its worth

Recommend RentalCover. There was a scratch on the car. The matter was resolved and refund paid. The resolution was related to the time the Car Hire Company took to get a repair and send the Invoice. The documentation required was calmly followed up. Will use RentalCover in future hires and would recommend RentalCar and RentalCover.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2019

My claim was super easy, super fast, fully reimbursed within 3 days

I booked accommodation and rental car through Booking.com
I wasn't aware of the car insurance company was based in USA at the time of booking (I probally didn't check it thoroughly), and had no incident/problems at all while driving in Canberra, however the car was spotted a minor damage on one of wheels on return inspection! First time in my lifetime I experienced this kind of insurance claim. I had to wait for almost 3 weeks of repair and payment process. I had all documents ready following 'How to Claim' instructions which was super easy from RentalCover.com (their website address). As soon as I lodged the claim, I received instant email that said my claim process begun promising that it would be done within 3 days. To my surprise, I had money into my bank within 3 days! Exact money I paid for the repair in Aust dollars, I have been fully reimbursed in Aust dollars. No other fees paid. Really satisfied with RentalCover.com

Claim DateApril 2019

No Problems At All!

I have had an excellent experience with this company. They paid the full amount after our accident with a Wallaby, and the whole process only took 5 days for the money to be placed in our account.

It was easy enough to do once I had all the paper work required.

I have used them numerous times before but had never mad a claimed up until now, so I was a bit uncertain as to how it would all go, but was pleasantly surprised.

Thank You Rentalcover.com

Claim DateMarch 2019

Partners in crime

This company is partners in crime with Rentalcars.com

They add their products after checkouts have been processed and charge excessive fees. I have also had direct contact with customers who could not get them to pay when needed due to an accident. Flat out scam.

Claim MadeNo

Worst experience I had with any insurance

Firstly, it should say 3-5 weeks not 3-5 days like it says. Then, be prepared to do a lot of work by yourself, they wouldn't do anything. Lastly, I'm not sure if you end up saving money since you'll have to pay international fees over the excess so it's almost the same as hiring it someplace else. I'll never use RentalCover again, it's terrible.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

I got my claim approved and received the reimbursement

Finally I got my claim approved, although it was not so efficient as in their advertisement (which says 3 days for the claim process and 5 mins for the money transfer). The personal who was in contact with me during the process was very polite and friendly, although it was sometimes slow. But when I got my money back, it solved all my worries. I will definitely use this service again, and I recommend others to try it, too.

Insurance TypeSingle Trip

Fine until you want to claim - then terrible

Ive used this company a number of times and finally had to make a claim. It took a month to get the necessary documents from the repair people and submit the FIVE pieces of documentation required. Rentalcover ignored me at first, then asked for the documents to be resubmitted. Twice. The rental damage was in November.2018. Its now mid January and I just got another email asking for the documents again. Have I just been unlucky or are the five-star reviews here all written by Rentalcover employees? Rentalcover are an absolute waste of money and time

Insurance claim madeYes

RentalCover Claim Process

Following the accident report and claim process procedure according to the webpage notices and e-mails it was a constructive process and was able to recover the rental excess with regard to my accident and subsequent claim. It all was a normal procedure to settle the claim of my accident based on the Rentalcars Rental Contract. It was a smooth communications process.

Insurance claim madeYes