Rinnai DrySoft Series

6 (RD-600AU), 4 (RD-400AU)

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

BillSydney, NSW

electricity costs

this paid for it's self with reduced electricity bill .. it's very quick and does a full 6kg load
    it's exhausted through the ceiling then out a vent in the barge boards
    the soft dry handles all delicates with ease
    but as with all clothes dryer you must keep the filters clean if you don't want a house fire

Date PurchasedOct 2009
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Bill, we are pleased to hear that your Drysoft is working so well for you and great tip about the filter.

Manny
    MannyMelbourne

Best drier I have ever used

This drier for me is a life saver and a money saver, I use it every day almost, I rarely hang out clothes any more especially with the crazy Melbourne weather, the clothes come out soft every time my gas and electricity bill have hardly changed. pays for it self

Date PurchasedJune 2012
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Manny, we are glad to hear the Drysoft is working so well for you. It's perfect for Melbourne's 4 seasons in a day weather.

Kloggie HOatley

If you have a gas connection, they really are the way to go!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
    Gas Clothes Dryers

Find out how Rinnai DrySoft Series compares to other Gas Clothes Dryers

Love this dryer!!!

Absolutely LOVE my dryer. Love the fluffy supersoft towels too. My only issue after 3 years, is the inner liner to the lint pocket has ripped. Given how much we use it, this is a totally minor complaint. Does anyone know where I can get a new one of these? I am in NZ and finding it uber difficult to source :( wonderful product though ..highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
    ranimum
    ranimumAU

Still good .

Date PurchasedJune 2009

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Good efficient dryer

Got one for my new house. You do have to plan ahead with the gas fittings and flue pipe. A bit of a hassle to install but worth every cent especially if you have a big family. Very fast to dry and cheap to run. Also I love the soft fluffy towels just like the ones you get from hotels. I use it just for a whole load of towels even on sunny days.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your review Charles, we are always pleased when we hear great feedback about our products. We wish you many more years of soft fluffy towels.

Greg
    Greg

I loathe it

hughloth
    hughloth

Dry clothes in a fraction of the time at a fraction of the cost.

The Rinnai Dry Soft 6 gas clothes dryer is a must in winter in Cooler climates.It can dry up to 6kg of washing at a time.A full load of towels in under an hour. Their is the option of timer or sensor drying(General, extra soft, thick and delicate). It can be mounted on a wall or sat on the floor, it needs to be plumbed into the gas so you will need a plumber it also requires an external flew. the price of the unit is fairly high aprox $1600 but Im willing to pay that when I look at the quality and efficiency compared to other clothes dryers.
    efficient, cheap to run reliable.

ClarrieT
    ClarrieT

Sorry, but I can go to my local laundramat and dry all my clothes work jumpers and several towels in under 20 minutes. The cost is $3. Dried and folded in under 30 minutes. Do not use my home dryer anymore because of the cost and time saved.

Ruben29
    Ruben29

Exactly, you will have to go under rain, when a dryer at home is most needed. In case you lack the necessary money to purchase the dryer - you have no alternative. Otherwise, you are not saving but loosing time and comfort

Andy888
    Andy888

Quick and Economical!!!

This machine has saved me nearlly two days worth of work. With a family of 6, a clothes dryer is not a luxury where we live, it is a necessity, especially one that is so efficient.
    Quick and Economical

Gas Clothes Dryers

Find out how Rinnai DrySoft Series compares to other Gas Clothes Dryers

kenjamwal
    kenjamwalSYDNEY

Nice Unit

This has worked out weel, fast dry, quiet cheap to run.
    The filter is a bit fiddly to clean and access.
    The unit is expensive up front but great to use, and i consider it a good investment.
    The connection cost and flue are a bit of a hassle, but if you are doing a laundry renovation its well worth doing.
    fast and cheap to run
    fiddly filter access

Marianneasked
    DrySoft Series

Hello again, one last question, how does this dryer effect clothes, does it shrink clothes or damage them from high heat?

Kloggie H

Because this is a gas dryer, I have found that it dries with a higher humidity, there is much less shrinkage and clothes are much softer.

Bill

I use the delicate setting on anything that could shrink with no problems
    It does of cause take longer

Marianneasked
    DrySoft Series

Hi everyone, just wondering if everyone else has an issue when drying sheets (rolling into a ball)? Thanks in advance.

Kloggie H

We have an RD 600 AU , (6 kilo) model (spun damp weight), have never had an issue like that. I can only think that maybe your machine is slightly overloaded or that sheets have too much residual moisture, we spin ours on 1400rpm cycle, limit to two king-size sheets at a time. Hope that helps.

Marianne

Many thanks for your insight. I don’t own a dryer and I’ve read that this one is faster to dry, economical to run and can be wall mounted. Are you happy with this dryer’s performance?

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for your question.
    If you were after some technical advice from our team, please contact us on 1300 555 545 Option 3.

Rinnai Australia

Annasked
    Drysoft 6 (RD-600AU)

My RD-600-AU is over 12 years old. Lately it has been stopping mid-cycle. It says to clean the filters which I do and have done after every cycle, all these years. Is it time to upgrade or does it need a service?

Hi Ann,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Rinnai recommends this product be serviced every two years.

Please contact our service team on 1300 555 545 and they can assist you further with your query.

Rinnai Australia

Thank you.

See all Rinnai DrySoft Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare both Rinnai DrySoft Series
    Rinnai Drysoft 4 (RD-400AU)
    • Discontinued

Rinnai Drysoft 4 (RD-400AU)

No reviews yet
    Dimensions 661 x 650 x 530 mm
    Drying Programs 5
    Min Gas Consumption6.5 mJ/h
    Max Gas Consumption16.5 mJ/h
    Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
    Colour / FinishWhite