4.1

71%14%14%

ebaar
ebaarNorth Queensland, QLD25 posts

Was a good slicer for a couple of months

After just 4 months of use this slicer is extremely disappointing. The blade is covered in surface rust not good for food preparation equipment and when cutting hard food such as cheese or ham, the cogs slip internally and it makes a a clunking sound. Warranty is difficult to use as it was imported. Not sure how much longer it will last. Very disappointed. Show details
milo
miloSydney, NSW

Small, well thought out, works great

This slicer is wonderfully compact and does a great job at slicing roasts which is what we bought it. It comes apart so it's super easy to clean. The knife is extremely sharp and slices through cooked meats, raw meats, frozen meat like butter. Folds up neatly any easy to store. Show details
Franmich
FranmichSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Good slicer but guide to knife short

This is a very practical and compact slicer. It packs up nice and small so you can place in cupboard. Slices bread really well and provides variety of width for the bread. However, the guide that stops the handle from going into the knife is too short so you accidentially have the guide going into the knife. This has happended to me on too many occasions. Once this happens the guide is sliced and the knife is bent.

Show details

Franbluiis
FranbluiisGoldCoast9 posts

Frankie766
Frankie766

Happy So Far

Bought this to have even slices of roast meat and bread. Can slice reasonably thick slices of bread from bread making machine. I don't use the measurement on knob but just use my eye for judging thickness. Needs to be thoroughly cleaned after slicing meat. Comes completely apart but I always have trouble putting it back together. Have only had it a month so will probably get the hang of it eventually! Conveniently folds up for storage.

ROSE5 posts

EXCELLENT

I bought this because, although I make very nice, sourdough bread, my husband doesn't like the way I slice it. Apparently, it isn't even enough for his taste, so I bought this for him. Now he slices the bread perfectly and I don't have to do it anymore. Seriously though, it is a beautiful, little machine, compact , easy to keep, store and a very reasonable price.

Show reply

Wendy Gordon
Wendy GordonPERTH31 posts

Great Value for Money

Bought this to slice bread, which it does perfectly. After years of struggling to evenly slice bread maker loaves, the Ritter does the job with ease. I haven't tried slicing cold meat with it yet but expect that it will be good at that also. I just wanted to write this review because I am more than happy with this purchase. Only $145 for a German made machine is pretty good.

Bel.A
Bel.A

I'm looking for a slicer to cut handmade bacon rashers from pork belly. Would this slicer slicer be up for the job? All the images show it cutting sausage shaped meats.

Hello,

I have only sliced sourdough with this machine . It's robust and the blade is razor-sharp. I don't think there will be any issues with your bacon rashers. It has a guide to keep things straight and folds away neatly.

Extra Information