Ryobi 18v One+ Pole Pruner OPP1850

Ryobi 18v One+ Pole Pruner OPP1850

See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

• Safety
Sean
SeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does exactly what I want

Used several times now and every time I'm so happy with it. It does exactly what I want - cut/prune branches too thick for my loppers and too far too reach aswell. Pole extends as it should and is rigid. It does go through a bit of oil with use but apparently that's to be expected. I love using it, it makes pruning/cutting reasonably thick branches so easy and I don't need a ladder!

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

john wilsonGold Coast

Ryobi got this one right

Other Hedge Trimmers

Trevor F
Trevor Fasked

I have a new OPP 1850 and not happy as the chain drive does not keep the chain ON, if any vine type plants are cut it wraps around the drive and lifts up the cog disengaging the chain. Will take it back to Bunnings for refund. If it is replaced I presume the same problem will exist.

john wilson

Hi Trevor, I have never had this experience with my Ryobi 18v chain saws but I have with my large petrol chainsaws (my fault did not adjust chain in time) The chain tension has to be kept adjusted up to keep the chain tight to keep it in the guides on the bar and around the drive gear and nose wheel, if not kept adjusted foliage wood chips etc can get under chain drive and guide groove and cause the chain to jump off. I have found cutting palms any type of vines the fibrous stringy material the plants are made of clogs up under the chain drive guard surrounding the drive gear in rubbish and can cause problems hence I don't use them on that type of foliage just tree branches. If cutting vines, palms, lantarna, boganvillia, strangler fig vine etc I use hand pole saw and hand loppers nothing mechanical to fowl up, I wont put any of the above foliage into my 25hp petrol mulcher it will bind up and jam the machine something similar that's happening to you. Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives