EBS800V, EBS800
See the Best Belt Sanders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Pros

• Great battery life

• High power output

Cons

• Sanding sheets often move sideways

lonepine
lonepine

rubbish

As others have stated, belt slides into edge of sander tearing belt apart. Only used to sand weatherboards and failed at the fifth one! Do not buy this! Now a 90klm round trip to take this back to bunnings, not happy

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ryobi quality has gone downhill!

As other users say, this thing just freewheels under load. The belts are what was in the box, so presumably the right size. I bought this so I could leave my old reliable Ryobi mounted to a bench. The new one sat around for ages, now using it I see it's inferior, but kept it too long and the receipt is gone. The old one was great value for money and still a good workhorse, but this newer version is just rubbish. Very disappointing! Don't buy!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

pxknicholson
pxknicholsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

We get what we paid for

Bought one today then read the negative reports after. If your dust collector fills and motor burns that’s your fault. It fills quickly because it stands very well. Recommend not to use the collector but fit it to a good shop vac. This also keeps the motor much cooler. If you want to tow a trailer of rocks, don’t be cheap go buy a V6 not a 4cylinder Morris Minor! You can actually tow with a Morris Minor if you go at it slowly. Am operating this quite happily knowing I paid only $139 and didn’t expect a Mercedes.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $139.00.

Jarrin
JarrinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Diy friendly beltsander

Purchased this saw as i needed to do some heavy sanding around the house. This saw is quiet powerful and with the right belt tears off the material quiet quickly. Was used on some treated pine for an outdoor raised garden bed. I originally had the cordless version but that seems to chew through a 5ah battery very quickly so i purchased the corded version instead. Have not had any problems with ryobi tools when used for home renovations.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.00.

Dave
DavePerth, WA

useless- do not buy- typical ryobi rubbish

used this once, then put it away for over a year next time i went to use it the motor goes round but the belt wont- it seems ever ryobi tool i have ever brought has been a one use tool then throw it away

Mark Sims

Ryobi made me hate belt sanders

Purchased in January 2008.

Edward
EdwardKawungan

Absolute Disaster!

Not Fit for Purpose!
This Idiot machine has Idiot Picture instructions & no matter how you set it up the belts wind off & chew the rollers.
They might make some good products but this is not one of them.
I now agree with other 1 star reviews, Not Worth the $$$
Update 28/9/18, So I went back to Bunnings & showed The Toolshop guy my issue, He asked what I was doing, I said trying to Dress a forest slab of Bloodwood. He said Oh! you need the Makita 9924DB but its $400 and he has one 40 years old!! I bought it See my Review

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Sandpaper continually slips

Awful product. I have nearly all the other Ryobi tools and they've been brilliant. This however is shocking. The paper continually slips and the tray for collecting sawdust is useless. This is only after one use. Also tried to return it to b&q and they wouldn't take it. Asked me if I was sure I knew how to use it!!

Date PurchasedSept 2018

gohr.uwe
gohr.uweGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not worth the money

Well if some of you got a week out of it you did well. 2 hours is all I managed to get out of mine, the damn thing got s hot that the front roller just melted and that was it. Yes the sanding sheet moves sideways and it doesn't matter how often you adjust it , it just keeps moving. Overall its useless to undo anything

Date PurchasedApr 2018

h.s
h.sQueensland, Australia

Not even capable of domestic use

I bought one to sand the old paint off the weatherboard of my own house. The sandbelt moves sideways and had to put it back every 5 min. The motor started to smoke after 1 week and that was in winter! Got one exchange from bunnings, motor smoke again after 1 week!

Warning every potential buyer roybi is a joke!! If you buy it with your trade card you dont have any warranty and it will die 10 out of 10! You don't expect to use these cheapie in commercial you don't use them at home either, unless every of your job only last 5 min it may have a chance to survive.....

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Teddy
Teddyperth

Died after about 20 hrs use

I bought this sander for a large jarrah bar top. It went ok but then started to smell like it was burning out and sounded like it was struggling. I used it in around 3-4 hr sessions so didn't over work it too much because I new it was a cheapy. Eventually after about 20 hrs of use the drive wheel seized up. I tried cleaning it out and lubing it up be it was stuck and the motor wouldn't spin it.
I don't like to buy cheapish tools but couldn't warrant spending an extra $100 on the next best...I wish I had of.
You can't afford to but cheap crap.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Bluey
BlueySouthwest, VIC

18 Volt Belt Sander Gem !!

Robust 18 volt Belt Sander easy to manage with ergonomic handles.
Battery life is exceptional, it goes forever !!
Replacing belts are easy, with great adjustments for belt tracking.
Reasonable weight even with the bigger 18 volt battery.
Has plenty of 'grunt" to cover the bigger jobs, but can also be used for a light finish.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Gbee
GbeeAuckland

Total disappointment

Bought my Sander today with the intention to speed up my project of sanding my table tops. Within half an hour of use I found the paper sliding to one side, thought i had fitted the paper wrongly. I refitted two more sheets and it kept happening then realized that it was a fault of the machine by then i had already ruined three 3 sheets and stalled my project. Immediately too it back to Bunnings. The guy at the tool shop was very cooperative he opened up a brand new piece of the shelf and it did something similar..so happily got a refund

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good value for money spent

Bought the Ryobi as it was not the cheapest but had some great features. Used it for 2 x 5 hour days, stripping paint off merbau decking. The belt tracked well and was easy to adjust, and stayed on track. Changed three belts.
The detachable frame was great for keeping the timber flat. The dust collector does a great job, making site clean up a whole lot better.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Rick B
Rick BDarling Downs, QLD

I thought it was me.

My old WORX sander died yesterday after quite a lot of hard work, I never had a moment of worry with it, but the brushes appear to be burnt out now. I thought the Ryobi would be a better option, rather than a cheaper unit. I have sanded one side of a 1800 x400 slab of hardwood, and used 5 sanding sheets. The sheets wander from side to side and tear themselves apart on the frame. It would be nice to have the thing fail completely so I can take it back. I'm not sure how I'd go asking for my money back on the grounds it's not fit for service.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Blair A.
Blair A.asked
EBS800 / EBS800V Belt

EBS800 has seized its primary drive bearing (smaller end of drive belt), it is now rotating in the bodywork. 3rd sanding belt ever! Whaaa!

A legacy of multiple ryobi tools that have failed variously.

Tony

Ryobi have quite a nerve selling these machines after so many widespread complaints and failures. My advice? Just chuck it in the bin like I did, and message Ryobi as well. Then buy elsewhere!

Gen
Genasked
EBS800 / EBS800V Belt

My sander had a curved metal plate behind the rear roller that is moving around. What is it and can I fix it?

Mark Sims

Bunnings special orders desk should be able to put you in touch with the ryobi representative.

Johan Smit
Johan Smitasked
EBS800 / EBS800V Belt

I need the size/number of the bearing at the end of the armature on the Ryobi EBS800 Belt Sander. The previous one disintegrated.

Mark Sims

Ryobi is sold by bunnings. Go to their special desk counter.

See all Ryobi EBS800 / EBS800V Belt questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Features:

• The Ryobi EBS800V Belt Sander has 800W of power to get through tough jobs.
  • It has inbuilt variable speed control which lets you choose from 6 different speeds, making for a versatile sander that can be gentle with delicate surfaces and aggressive on more solid materials.
  • The sander has a cyclonic-action dust box that collects dust created by your work and stops it from spreading over your workspace - and keeping it out of your eyes too.
  • An adjustable front handle allows users to have greater control over their work.
  • It also has a quick-release belt lever for easy belt changes.

What did reviewers think of the Ryobi EBS800V Belt Sander?

Reviews were mixed on this sander, but erred on the negative side. Among the positive reviews, the sander’s power output was praised, with reviewers saying that it sanded away material quickly.

They also said that it had a great battery life, and that the dust collector was effective and made it easy for them to keep their workspace clean.

Most negative reviews were to do with the sanding sheets - reviewers said that the sanding sheets moved sideways during use, which made it inconvenient and difficult to use for them.

Compare both Ryobi EBS800 / EBS800V Belt