Ryobi ELT1100A 1100 Watt Electric

Ryobi ELT1100A 1100 Watt Electric Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Can you change line spool?
Yeah, there's a youtube video by Mr. Hardware "How to restring dual-sided spool lawn weed eater trimmer with double string" . It can take some force to remove the bumper knob at the bottom if you've not done it for some time. The whole head comes off and you put in the string in the holes and wind it up as in the video and leave about 30cm and slide them into the keeper. Then load it into the hopper and feed them though the holes (this part is tricky). Then put back the bumper knob and your ready. I use thicker line as it lasts longer. Some people use the metal blades but I think they're dangerous when it comes to your feet and legs. Hope this helps you out.I fitted a 'Pro Cut 11 line head on my Ryobi trimmer.It works well but every time you change the line you lose about 60mm of line. This is not a a big issue as the line is cheap. Google "Ryobi Pro Cut 11" line trimmer head it's all there. Hope this helps Richard

What part number for cord?
Ryobi power cord & plug HLT8.Hi Kari I don't have any part numbers. Richard

Do you need to continually replace the little juey head for the $34.95 or can you simply replace the line?
$35 seems expensive for a bit of plastic tbh. I don't use them, I use the standard head that came with the line trimmer and have had no problems and spend $15 on 50m of 3mm line which lasts me the year.As Kazza has answered, you just need to replace the line, not the head.

Can I get a better head? I see in the comments that a little Joey bent head may work better. What is your advice? I have never been happy with the original head, and have always had big trouble getting the line in.
Hi John3155. I actually can't answer your question as I never tried to get another head for it and never considered it. Sorry, no help.you can change head to ryobi pro cut line head. it needs single fix line.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives