• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Plumbing gone bad

Plumbing gone badGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the worst company I have dealt with

I had blocked drain issue in bathroom, and was told they can send a plumber who will identify and provide me a quotation on resolving issue. The quotation provide was super expensive, almost double than the quotation now I have from other providers, for clearing the pressure jet but still went ahead to get the issue resolved. Guess what the block was still not cleared and was asked to pay more for 2nd visit and camera inspection. Customer service was of no help! My feedback would be to avoid this company and rach out to your local plumber or service for better service.

Hi Adriana,
Based on lack of communication have seen on this website post the details been provided and my person experience with customer service I doubt my concern/issues will be resolved.

But here you the Job No: 431023.

Hi,
Thank you for providing the job number. I have now lodged a complaint in my system for my customer liaison officer to provide you with a call and discuss your concerns further.
Warm Regards,

Trevor Little

Trevor LittleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic Service

Called for a plumber at about 0930am was told someone will be there between 1pm and 4pm. Sure enough Alex arrived at 1pm. Job sorted quickly and inexpensivly. Great respect for me the customer explaining every thing that caused the problem. Highly recommended and will certainly use again, nice to have old fashioned service.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very disappointed

I notice a common theme of claiming that the job cannot be found. To avoid that response I will provide my job number 431462
My Mother was told that major work needed to be done on the plumbing under her sink.
I have since had another plumber check it out and laugh at the job description.
She was quoted $1674 and made to pay $574 as a deposit and forced to book the job for the next day being told if she got other quotes they would be the same.
I am very angry that an 87 year old lady has been taken advantage of in that way.
They should be ashamed of themselves.
Please be careful with this company! I will be reporting them to Consumer Affairs and I have downloaded by letter of complaint ready to start action on this.

Hi Adriana
I will be posting the alternative quote on this review sites tonight and will post daily updates about your lack of communication

Tim W.

Tim W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never again!

Grossly overpriced in my opinion. Couldn't even get a properly itemised receipt to see where the money went. $1700 for 2 hours work 5 safety switches and a cover. It would be nice to see how everything was priced like it is when you go to a mechanic.

Rates and Fees

Relieved

Great service - Everything you could ask for in hiring a trades. Prompt, professional, knowledgeable- all round great service - Highly recommended. I’ll definitely be using their service for future service requirements

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Unprofessional technician who I had to ask to leave

This guy tried to crap me about the state of my air conditioner which clearly wasn't the case. Then he wanted a callout fee which I wasn't happy to pay as he was clearly not qualified to do the job.

Ian

IanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Professional service

Thanks from a very happy customer for providing the fantastic service I received today :)
Your representative, Ronny, blew me away with his customer service skills in sorting out my ancient toilet and is one of the finest tradesmen that I've had the pleasure to meet. Being 1/2 Scottish, for once, I was happy to part with my money. Thanks again Ronny, you're a champion :)

BeccMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive

Called a plumber out and was quoted $611 to replace basin mixer plus $49 for the quote.
Have had several quotes the last few days with none of the quotes being over $250!

Job Number 428787

Lalia

LaliaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor service from service today

I would like to firstly thank the customer service I had received after filing a complaint. Service Today took my complaint seriously and made sure to send a professional to have a look at my heater. Although it was not fixed, I could say that the company really tried it's best to help fix my 10 year old heater. After multiple trails and errors we have come to the conclusion that I do need a new heater, thank you for the team for consistently trying their best & trying to provide the best service possible! I'm pleased with the service I have received.

Lalia

Find out how Service Today compares to other Home Improvement

Pros

ProsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too expensive don’t bother

I needed an emergency shower tap replacement in the early hours of the morning. They first charge you $480.00 call out fee then charged me $517.00 for two taps. I paid almost $1000.00!!! Why the hell do they charge me so much. I was in a situation where I was left with no choice. I am not happy! Terrible experience!

Rates and Fees
Pros
Pros

Job No: 427178

Pros
Pros

Are you just going to ignore my concerns and just wait for the next customer to overcharge them too.

Be aware people do no use them for any plumbing services.

Vittal R.

Vittal R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vulcan Water Heater Repair

Garry from Service Today was excellent on explaining the failure points and options we had for servicing the unit. Having a 20 year old unit with leaks was a concern for us. Would use them again in the future. Excellent service!

Charles

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not what I expected

Smoke Detector Replacement - Excessive Quote and Over Priced Final Cost

Kathy Martin Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Leaking pipe

Had a leaking water pipe at the water meter. Asked for a quote got charged $49 to be told $674 to fix and $50 discount if i go ahead. Got jake from je plumbing to do the job who took 45 minutes to fix leak and charged $176. Got a call from Ben (service today) who informed me Scott made a mistake with quote and should of been $212 and very apologetic and is refunding my $49 call out fee as a good gesture. Very impressed with Ben to follow up quickly on my issue and good to know the proper price is reasonable. Thanks Ben for your kindness

Kathy Martin

Scott quoted job number 422833 easy to see leak as pipe was exposed.

Service TodayService Today

From phone call to finish - great service. Ben the electrician figured out the problem and fixed it. No mess no fuss. Friendly service with a smile
Text must have at least 30 words

Penny

PennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent service by Carl

Carl was excellent. He explained all my options and prices. I booked on line at 10pm and he called me 7am next day and was here by 7.30 and finished very quickly. Would recommend any time!

Chookie

ChookieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outstanding service

Scott & Alex were our plumbers on separate occasions spanning a week. As usual, they were very polite professional. Putting their extensive knowledge and expertise to the test regarding the issue at hand, each person's contribution has resulted in a successful outcome. We generally use Service Today as our "go to" service people. Their advice and workmanship inspires confidence, as does their mobile calls forward advising they will be arriving in about 15 minutes. Happy to recommend. Thank you

Pricing

Rang today to get a price on replacing 3 outdoor spotlights. Would not give me a quote over the phone or even a price guide. They suck you in with their call out fee in disguise as a safety check of your house. When he finally got around to giving me a quote it was $1018. I nearly passed out. I payed the $39 call out fee and could`t get rid of him quick enough. This is absolutely disgusting practice. I got another quote from another electrician and it was $300, which is what I was expecting. Be aware.

Horrid service

Horrid serviceIllawarra, NSW

Disgusting behaviour, overcharging, misleading

Asked for a call out fee $59 for 10 min visit and quote without informing in written information / correctly before hand . Then charged an ridiculous quote of $2800 to install a simple electric hot water system. Two other quotes were $1300 to $1500 with no call out fee. Be very careful using this company.

Kate

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Only focused on $$ not the customer

Very overpriced, it seemed the technician was unsure of the problem and just wanted to sell me products when questions about the price I was offered something unsuitable called a VIP package. Such poor service as it felt like it was a sales pitch. Raised my issues with the "manager" and he failed to follow up my complaint won't be recommending to anyone!

F. Hua

F. Huaasked

Service Today Melbourne

If I become a member of Servicetoday, do I get the discounted fees for all the 5 properties I own ?

Good Morning,
As a member of service today, it is transferrable between addresses you own whether that be due to movement or properties you own and tenant. That does mean that all the properties you own will receive membership discounting on work, free yearly inspections and call outs.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Lena

Lenaasked

Melbourne Heating & Cooling

Two young men who installed the cooling system in my bedroom were very friendly and efficient and did a very good job. BUT they damaged venetian blind on the bedroom window. Would you please reimburse the cost of a new one. Thank you. Elena Gvirtsman

Good Afternoon Elena,
I am glad to hear that our HVAC installers did a great job for you!
Regarding the damages to your home, could you please send me an email with images of the damages to adriana.g@servicetoday.com.au and also reference the job number so that I can locate the job.
Hope to hear from you soon Elena.

Linaasked

Service Today Sydney

Will I get a response from service today?
I posted a review but can’t see it?
Lina wasson

Good Morning Lina,
Hope you're well. I am having difficulty locating a review from yourself.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to give us a call or pass your feedback through to us on 1300 725 760.

Here is the review:
Service today.
A recent installation of a Rheem 250l Stellar stainless steel hot water system purchased on the 28th of October 2020. Invoice number 3697 35 Job number 40 1623
The outrageous cost of this system was $3,165 which included installation. Other charges such as a generic operational cost fee $734 and removal of the old hot water system of $189 .
I'm writing on behalf of my sister who has been severely ripped off.
We noticed that she paid this amount when we were in casual conversation about her recent purchase. We had recently purchased a larger new hot water Rheem Stellar 315 l stainless steel hot water system and had it installed and the old system removed for under $2,000.
With further research the system that my sister purchased was decidedly cheaper then the figures Service Today gave.
We questioned the company and asked for an itemised quote which my sister did not receive before the plumber did the job. On this quote were generic “operational costs” worth $734 and a tank removal cost for $189 .
My sister is time poor and looking after our 95year old mother in a home care palliative condition and all she wanted was a reputable business to put in a hot water system that would do the job. This is not permission to be ripped off and taken advantage of.
Service Today was quick to offer the return of the cost of tank removal with a settlement agreement signed by my sister for $189 with the condition that we would not write any bad reviews.
Without a doubt you have ripped off my sister and preyed on her good nature. You need to pay back these generic costs and tank removal in order to get a retraction of this review. I hope many people read this recount of the billing strategy of Service Today who take advantage of time poor people and who, sadly, have to put their trust in you.
You have lost another customer (based on other poor reviews). Sadly my sister has used you as a “go to” plumber but hopefully this won't happen again .

Get an answer from our members and Service Today representatives

Compare all 18 Service Today
CategoryHome Improvement and PlumbersHome Improvement and ElectriciansHome Improvement and Air Conditioning & Heating ServicesHome Improvement and Plumbers
Compare all 18 Service Today