Service Today

Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, etc...
4.2 from 3,041 reviews

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Customer

CustomerSydney, NSW

BE CAREFUL! Tried to charge me 450$ for 20mins work

Do not use them

We had an electrical board replaced. We had to wait six weeks for the Certificate of Electrical Safety to be given to us, i.e. the inspector signed it on 14 Feb, we were given it today (31/3). Your electrician arrived at our house today. He had not contacted us to tell us he was coming. Her handed the Certificate to my partner and then refused to leave unless she used his phone to payment payment. My partner refused as she did not think it was reasonable to risk her health (COVID-19) to pay a bill. He refused to leave our house unless payment was made. Are there stand over tactics normal and what would Energy Safe Victoria think of them being used to extract payment (on the spot) for the Certificate that took six week to be given to us.

Stacey Campbell

Stacey CampbellSydney Surrounds, NSW

Ridiculously overpriced. Look elsewhere!!

As a returning customer, Wanted to charge my elderly mother 4 x the price the job was quoted by 2 other reputable electrical companies, who were both horrified at what service today had quoted and charged. When I rang up to question why there was such a massive discrepancy, I was basically told ‘unlucky’ and hung up on by [name removed].
Disgusting! Do not use this company!

Judi

JudiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly, fast & efficient

Gas plumber installed new oven perfectly. No mess, no fuss and extremely polite. Very happy to highly recommend this service #374849. Thank you very much gentleman. Once again take care.

Judy

JudyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing support

I have used Service Today on a number of occasions and have always found the staff to be extremely courteous, friendly and competent. After a recent 'indoor waterfall' during heavy rain, Service Today responded promptly and organised everything required, including asbestos removal, roofing alterations and the replacement of ceilings and light fittings. Their continued support and communication throughout this whole process was amazing.

Alan Smallman

Alan SmallmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Blocked drain

Great service from the outset. You pay for what you get, and we got an excellent service which was well worth paying for. Linda was lovely and supportive at the call-centre, and Tanner (the attending plumber) was efficient and on time. Great comms. Great service. Would definately recommend. Thank you all.

J LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exorbitant price

Ripped off

I would advise not to use this company. We had [name removed] come out to fix our ducted heating unit. Replaced two parts on it and charged my wife $3000. Have since found out the parts are worth around $400 each and could have had the job done for around $1000. Trust is a word I rate highly, they have destroyed this for me. My wife was inconsolable! Waiting to hear back from them with justification. Job no 373830. By the way 1 star was generous, and that’s me being honest. Honesty there’s another word they could look up

You guys excellent!

Both technicians is nice and tidy very professional. They explained what they are going to do they, also clean the area. Also give me choices good communication and follow up messages.
Well done! I am happy with my toilet. Thank you Leo Bernardo
Job #373459

Greg Clark

Greg ClarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service Today are really not that good

Kalpana

KalpanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceptional service

Gavin was very professional from the initial quote and he did a fantastic job on fixing our leaking taps and also installed a much needed bidet shower for us. Job number was 373036.

Robert

RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip Off Rectified by Company

My son called Service Today on my advice (March 2020), to attend to a electric plug problem. The electrician provided a quote ($250) and attended to the matter, As he was already at the house, my son asked that he attend to another plug, which was a rour minute job, the electrician was super efficient, but did not tell his that it would cost a further $250. We contacted the company, and to their credit, they investigated the matter, and promptly offered to refund the amount for the second invoice. A very professional response. Thank you.

Kai J.

Kai J.

This company’s charges are exorbitant!

John HSydney, NSW

Exhorbitant prices

I booked a call - had 2 servicemen contact me about doing my job. Told them only one serviceman needed. Service guy turned up. Gave the worst assessment and an exhorbitant off the book price. Got some work done - but over priced. Registered my dissatisfaction twice and promised return calls. More than a week later no one has made contact. Shocking service which rips off customers. Cannot possibly recomnend.

John H

Also got charged for care club membership which i never agreed to

Job Number 370931

Rip off, don't use them

Plumber charged me over $1000 and didn't fix problem. Wrote a letter of complaint to them, they did nothing. Don't use this mob unless you want to get ripped off.

Jason M

Jason MSydney, NSW

Extortion, Price Gouging DO NOT USE Service Today

Michael St KildaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Service ToDay - but it’s Terrible Service! Stay Clear!

Michael St Kilda

Just what I expected a NOTHING reply. Why does the replacement inlet valve not flush the toilet properly?

Terrible service

Over priced for the time to do the job $1200 for 3.5 hours of work ,IP riser touching the house slab , Roller door left in manual and unlocked all day

Job number 371143..

Don’t bother

The service could not provide a plumber until today and while waiting most of the afternoon I received a call to say the serviceman could not come until Monday. Unacceptable

Unhappy client
Unhappy client

Job 370881

Ray

RayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quality Service

We were most impressed at the quick response to our enquire - less than 24 hours and we had a technician here addressing our problem. Further, Daniel the technician rang and informed us he was 1/2 hour away and arrived within that timeframe. Daniel listened to our problem, diagnosed the problem and gave us options for response. We will not hesitate to call Service Today should we need to. This firm is most reliable.

Rajan P.asked

Adelaide Electrician

We had bad experience with your service. So disappointed, your so called electrician left air condition main circuit board cable disconnected while investigation. As a result, Samsung air con. tech didn't attempt to fix the air con issue. Because of your electrician's negligence, we have to pay price for that.

I had good 45 minutes chat with your receptionist at Adelaide. I asked her to book an electrician to connect the cable at circuit board, which he had disconnected without any reason. He should be liable to fix the issue rather creating another issue on top. She kept on asking for call out fee of $49.00 even though that was not our fault. Its all your electrician's fault. Why should we be responsible for that. She also mentioned its in our terms and condition. You guys are worst ever i encounter of. i never ever recommend to other people.

Stunned Mullet.
Stunned Mullet.

Remember the Australian Consumer Law Guarantees: under s 54, all services must be provided with reasonable care and skill. The guarantees cannot be waived by their exemption clauses, even if you sign on the dotted line. So when they cite their 'terms and conditions' just ignore it as in most cases you get way more protection under statute law ie the Australian Consumer Law.

Hi Stunned,

So, can authority ask the provider to hook up disconnected wire in Switch Box asap. Until now we don't have air conditioner working / air conditioning specialist could not fix the issue without power to the circuit.

Rajan

Pommie

Pommieasked

As well as gutter cleaning, is there anyone to do small roof repairs - such as pointing work to ridges?

Don
Don

Yes, in Sydney try Matt Garratt at Roofs Above and Beyond 0416 041 678. Don't bother with Action Roofing.

Stacie K

Stacie Kasked

Hi there,

Are you able to give a quote on how much it will cost to replace taps in two showers, two basins and a bath? (We Already have the taps to install)

Get an answer from our members and Service Today representatives